Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Is it worth the trade-off? (Read 1055 times)
puchi

Serenity Newbie

Is it worth the trade-off?
Jun 29th, 2006 at 1:14am
Print Post  
I have always been partially deaf - wasnt born that way - just seemed to happen gradually.

But I have noticed over the years, that when i 'mute' my gifts, i can hear a fly fart at a hundred yards and my hearing is soooooo acute and above normal.
When my 'gifts' are in use - my hearing is once again well below par.

Has anyone else noticed that to have a gift you seem to lose some aspect of health or have other medical problems?

Or am i reading too much into it?  Smiley

Can it BE a coincidence if it happens each and every time?

IP Logged

Lorrie
Ex Member

Re: Is it worth the trade-off?
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2006 at 1:21am
Print Post  
yep.

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2006 at 3:22am
Print Post  
If it happens EVERY time then it's officially NOT a coincidence.  Don't overthink it - if it works for you, do it.   Grin

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

DarkLord_Kodiak
Forum Administrator

Ph.D

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2006 at 7:22am
Print Post  
I have noticed that with somethings but not really with all. I can see in almost complete dark but the light kills my eyes. Its my trade off. When one of the senses is damaged the rest of the senses grow more keen. I have worked with studies in this and the way I heighten a certain sense is to take away the others. When all senses are taken away your sixth sense develops stronger.

http://www.mysticwicks.com/attachment.phpattachmentid=53328&stc=1&&;Without darkness there can be no light.&&
Headmaster
Royal Coven O.L.
&&
&&
Resident Vampire
&&

IP Logged

Bethra

Tarot, Empath, and Paranormal
Forum MODS

Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Hmm interesting thoughts here. I have random times when my hearing goes a bit crap. I've never thought to link it to my empathic abilities though. I think if there is any skill which pays for my empathic abilities at all it would be my in real life inability to communicate my own feelings. I find it a huge problem to be honest. Talking and telling people how I'm feeling, espechial in highly emotional states is very difficult for me. Verbal communication at such times I find vertualy impossible.

I accept chaos. I am not sure whether it accepts me. ~ Bob Dylan&&&&Questing Spirit, Multi Faith and Spiritual Forums
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint