Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' (Read 36927 times)
stevie
Ex Member

Re: What's Happenin'
Reply #175 - Aug 6th, 2006 at 2:36pm

i'm going to make 2 bacon and egg rolls for lunch
i love pigs and chickens i eat allmost every part of them both  Tongue

booyah
kal
...kyser soze... 
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

IP Logged

Heavenshope
Ex Member

Reply #176 - Aug 6th, 2006 at 6:40pm

My parents just left. They drove 2.5hrs just to take me grocery shopping.
I knew my mom would check the fridge, she always does. They act like I'm starving or something.

I'm a 5'2", 110 lbs. (well, a little less) girl, how much do they think I eat?
I'm not my brother, he's like a goat, he eats everything.

Asked my parents tons of question.

Found out that people on my dad's side of the family just didn't think it was important to keep up with the family history. So I only know of people as far back as my great grandmother and grand aunt.

My mom's side is a bit better but they're too scattered around the US. Probably the only person that know a lot about the family history passed away last summer. (My great grandmother, she was I think nearly 110yrs old)

I did manage to find out that on my dad's side, his great aunt married a French soldier, didn't have kids together and when the French pulled out of Laos, he left. She than married a Vietnamese guy, no kids with him either. She took in my grandfather and his siblings because his parents died.

My dad's side originally came from main land China, my grandfather married a woman in a region that use to be Laos but is now Thailand.

My great grandmother's (mom's side) family originated from Mongolia.

Went on to talk about other stuff...I evaded the fact that I'm no longer pre-med..hehe they still don't know I'm a journalism major. From the sound of it, I think they'll be happy if I finish college and get a nice job/career. I won't bother to tell them that journalists don't really get paid to well. Smiley

I also told them if I can get the money saved up that after graduation my friend and I plan on going to Scotland for a month. They didn't seem at all freaked out about that. Which is a better reaction than what I got when I first told them I was moving away to finish school. I told my dad I did my calculations and research and it won't cost me too much.

He than told me about his great aunt that now lives in France, use to live in Scotland. Well, actually he said she use to live in France but evaded taxes and the government, she fled and wasn't let back into the country for a while. lol
So she was forced to seek shelter on an island just before France. I was like um..island? you mean England? My dad was like no...well the only island right before France is either Ireland, England or Scotland (Well, techincally England and Scotland aren't an island, seeing as how they're attached to each other. But it was Scotland). So yeah, I got all excited..was thinking I'd have a free place to stay when I go there, but damnit she went back to France.

My dad gave me a hug before he left..hehe it was nice a little awkward seeing as how the last time I hugged my dad was when I was 7years old. See....daddy missed me. Smiley I knew they didn't just come here to buy me groceries. hehe

Okay...sorry..me over sharing again.

« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2006 at 6:42pm by »  

IP Logged

Heavenshope
Ex Member

Reply #177 - Aug 6th, 2006 at 8:47pm

Today's the last day for the tax free weekend. I'm gonna go shopping! woohoo!
I don't need anything, well maybe heels I can actually walk in.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #178 - Aug 6th, 2006 at 9:00pm

Not much is happening here. Hubby's working so the girls and I are having a quiet Sunday at home. I'm sitting here working on a frame for my scrying mirror and that is about it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #179 - Aug 7th, 2006 at 2:26am

I've got to go offline for a bit to do my "Fun with Energy" exercises. I'll be back in a while. Don't blow the place up while I am gone....

IP Logged

stevie
Ex Member

Reply #180 - Aug 7th, 2006 at 3:35am

well its 4-30 am i am off to bed 

booyah
kal
.,823 posts...kyser soze... 
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #181 - Aug 7th, 2006 at 3:43am

Sweet dreams, hot stuff. Of course, that is guaranteed with Samantha around!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #182 - Aug 7th, 2006 at 7:07pm

*sigh* We will connect eventually. We have begun our "pre-vacation" housecleaning. Hubby's vacation starts on the 9th of September -- the same day that we expect Nike to land on our doorstep! -- and there is a lot to do! (Don't worry, Nike. We'll get it done before you get here! hehehhe)

IP Logged

Heavenshope
Ex Member

Reply #183 - Aug 7th, 2006 at 8:28pm

Have lots to get done before the weekend.
Todays Monday right? Anyway, too stress to think, gonna go to Starbucks and lounge around for a bit.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #184 - Aug 7th, 2006 at 8:37pm

Yep. It is Monday. My wristwatch says so....

IP Logged

Lorrie
Ex Member

Reply #185 - Aug 8th, 2006 at 12:38am

oooooo, Starbucks! I have finally weaned myself from Starbucks coffee, it was awful! It got too expensive. The withdrawls were soooo bad. Cry.

IP Logged

Smckim
Ex Member

Reply #186 - Aug 8th, 2006 at 12:49am

Quote:
oooooo, Starbucks! I have finally weaned myself from Starbucks coffee, it was awful! It got too expensive. The withdrawls were soooo bad. Cry.

Awww (((((hugs))))) I know they are very expensive!!! it is ridiculous!! But you can buy Starbucks coffee at the super market, they have a couple of kinds of Starbucks coffee's and it is much cheaper to buy it and make it at home.
(post# 292)

IP Logged

Heavenshope
Ex Member

Reply #187 - Aug 8th, 2006 at 12:51am

Penthesilea wrote on Aug 7th, 2006 at 8:37pm:
Yep. It is Monday. My wristwatch says so....

Good. Sometimes I lose track of time, hehe. One time someone asked me what day it was, well not asking really more like stating but in question form. Like "It's Friday?" I was like no it's Tuesday..lol I really thought it was Tuesday.

Quote:

Aww *hugs* that's how I am with chocolate. Smiley
I only go to Starbucks every once in a while, normally when I'm in Barnes and Noble, so I'm not an addict...yet.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #188 - Aug 8th, 2006 at 12:53am

Going to give the Firstborn the computer while I go do something useful. Be back in a while!

IP Logged

Warden Dike

Sanctuary Sorta-Newbie

Reply #189 - Aug 8th, 2006 at 2:31am

Coming to the end of my second, full day of vacation.  Tomorrow the AC window unit is going in, and I won't have to sleep, in the den, on the couch.  YEAH!  Can't stand to sleep in the heat. Shocked

Vengence Flies on Swift Wings
&&
League of Extraordinary Weirdos
&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #190 - Aug 8th, 2006 at 2:48am

teehee Aren't you glad my guest house has A/C? The pump is still out but we can work around that...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #191 - Aug 8th, 2006 at 4:49am

I'm heading for bed, dear ones. Tomorrow is going to be another busy day. Everyone be safe. Hugs!!! Hopefully, our Site Goddess will get some sleep tonight and be able to drop in for a while tomorrow.

Nike. You have the Com.
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2006 at 4:53am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Smckim
Ex Member

Reply #192 - Aug 8th, 2006 at 2:48pm

Good morning all, Having breakfast, Bacon eggs toast and coffee. Waiting for the landlord to come and finish the ceiling today. And all is good! Smiley  Have a great day everybody!
(post# 296)
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2006 at 2:49pm by »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #193 - Aug 8th, 2006 at 5:58pm

Afternoon! Hubby just left for work and I'm here for a bit before I turn the comp over to MoonCat and start being useful -- probably something involving making dirty clothes clean. If only the "housekeeping spells" that work in the Castle thread would work in Real Life!!

[Post # -- Don't know and don't care.]
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2006 at 6:00pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Warden Dike

Sanctuary Sorta-Newbie

Reply #194 - Aug 8th, 2006 at 8:21pm

GrinTHE AC UNIT IS IN! (Happy Dance ensues)  Pumps it out cold.   Grin

&&
&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #195 - Aug 8th, 2006 at 9:45pm

LOL That is good to hear! Can't have an overheated Swordsis!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #196 - Aug 9th, 2006 at 1:06am

I just came in about 5 minutes ago. I've been in the backyard sitting in the grass petting the War Queen and watching a couple of little bats flit around. Very peaceful....

IP Logged

Warden Dike

Sanctuary Sorta-Newbie

Reply #197 - Aug 9th, 2006 at 6:42am

Going to bed.  Good night everyone.  Sleep and dream sweet. Smiley

&&
&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #198 - Aug 9th, 2006 at 1:45pm

Overcast and light rain. Going in search of breakfast. I'll be back later.

IP Logged

Lorrie
Ex Member

Reply #199 - Aug 9th, 2006 at 6:11pm

Way too much RL here. I almost had cable internet last night, but Ry's cable wouldn't reach. Undecided. Oh, well, I don't really need fast internet anyways! The "problem" that I told a few of you about real late the other night is still giving us a problem, I have resorted to doing it by hand, takes several hours but we are seeing success, can't trust medications sometimes! Everyone OUT of the gutter, it is nothing dirty, come on, it's ME saying it  Grin!!!!!!!!!! Tata made it through her last day of work yesterday, she is officially on maternity leave, now if Jacklyn would only cooperate! Nothing so far. Cry. Jamie goes back to work tomorrow from her medical leave, so soon we will BOTH have income again, we just have to hang in there for a few more weeks now. I really WILL make it back to chat with everyone, RL is just not good right now, I am waiting for my dad to get here with water pump switch, we have had the kitchen under water, I can't keep up with the water mess! While it all is down, we are going to get the water heater elements changed and do some maintenance on it, it's just one thing after another. Nothing serious, just frustrating and tired of dealing with everything! I am doing fine, mentally and physically, just tired of dealing with life right now! My sis is about to have a bigger family, her hubby's sister is quite sick, not expected to get better, so her and hubby are taking in the sisters two daughters, the son is undecided at this time, she goes tomorrow to pick up the kids, and hubby has to go get his sisters stuff moved to his parents, this all just came up a few days ago, they have been hit with quite a brick also! The whole world seems to be going crazy lately. I hunger for peace and relaxation, and quiet. Too much chaos at once doesn't agree well with me, I can handle chaos, it is all good, makes us grow and learn, but this is way too much at once. If I don't get online for a few days, please don't worry, we are OK, just hitting our heads against the walls. A really BIG BRICK wall. Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41
Send TopicPrint