Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' (Read 36820 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin'
Reply #225 - Aug 14th, 2006 at 1:34pm

Okay. The little one sees the vet tomorrow (Tuesday) at 10:30. The War Queen is refusing to come into the house -- we fed her in the guest house last night -- and when Hubby carried her in and plopped her on my chest, I was still in bed, she wanted to get away. She then took up a defensive position under the rocking chair and sat growling until she was let out. *sigh* The little one is looking much better. Her bones are much harder to find and she is quite comfortable in the house, especially on laps and keyboards!
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2006 at 7:31pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #226 - Aug 14th, 2006 at 7:33pm

Peaceful and quiet. Still no name for the newcomer kitty. She is a picky little thing.

IP Logged

Ashe_Of_Heaven

Wandering Shadow

Reply #227 - Aug 15th, 2006 at 1:01pm

I'm alive and well.. just so busy and tired anymore these days.. They are trying to work me into nothingness it seems.  3 major fires in the past 2 days.. oi vey what a mess.  Hope to be done with all this endless paper work soon.  Peace and love to you all

Heaven's Wraith
&&
&&&&
&&
Come walk with me, we shall own the night together
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Smckim
Ex Member

Reply #228 - Aug 15th, 2006 at 3:02pm

Ashe_Of_Heaven wrote on Aug 15th, 2006 at 1:01pm:
I'm alive and well.. just so busy and tired anymore these days.. They are trying to work me into nothingness it seems.  3 major fires in the past 2 days.. oi vey what a mess.  Hope to be done with all this endless paper work soon.  Peace and love to you all

Sometimes all that chaos is the Boss making us slow down, and take a good look at ourself and the dirrection we have gone in. I think it is the way we are told to get back on track, sort of a wake up call. I hope everything settles down and you find you're way back to your path, free from distraction. May you have Peace in your Heart, and Love in your Life always.

PS Say hi to Marie for me.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #229 - Aug 15th, 2006 at 6:19pm

Quote:
(Content removed at poster's request)

Seconded with fervor! *Swat!* Lots to talk about when you've time...
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2007 at 1:25pm by Black_Rose »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #230 - Aug 15th, 2006 at 6:48pm

Kitty Update!!

Okay, we saw the vet some hours ago and here is the lowdown on our new girlcat.
She has ear mites which are being treated.
She has a respiratory infection (103.2 degree fever) which is being treated.
She weighs 4.7 pounds and has tested NEGATIVE for Feline leukemia and FelineIP.
She had fleas like nobody's business but, thanks to an awful smelling/tasting spray treatment at the vet's office, she no longer has that problem. (Love to see those fleas drop off dead!)
She was wormed as a routine procedure.
She has not been spayed.
And...... she is two years old. Full grown, in short.

She didn't get any vaccinations today because of the infection. We will be taking her back on the 29th for a follow up, shots and to make arrangements to have her spayed. Her age explains why the older cats are avoiding her as they would not a kitten. It will take more time for them to adjust. The War Queen is particularly offended but she and I had some cuddle time this morning so she knows that I still love her. One thing is now certain. She was dumped, probably because whoever had her didn't want to spend the money to have her spayed or go to the trouble of keeping her confined while she was in heat. And now I can stop worrying that she was dumped with littermates. There are no more kittens out there waiting for rescue.
And we still haven't figured out what her name is.....
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2006 at 6:49pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #231 - Aug 15th, 2006 at 8:50pm

I AM SOOOO DOOOMED!
The pattern books for Halloween are out. I got the Simplicity one today....
See me in the throes of costume lust.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #232 - Aug 16th, 2006 at 12:35am

SUCH naughty stuff I've been writing today! The Darklord will blush! I'll have to tone it down for posting here and then spice it up -- MORE -- for when we get to writing the "hardcopy" Book 3! It is such a joy to work with the Darklord.... He is soooo inspirational! *giggle*
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2006 at 12:36am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Reply #233 - Aug 16th, 2006 at 2:06am

I'm alive and well.. just so busy and tired anymore these days.. They are trying to work me into nothingness it seems.

*nodding* Know whatcha mean, dude.  The other csr I work with - Joy - her father-in-law finally died last week, so she's in Fla. for the funeral.  Our parttime help, Heidi, is Joy's daughter, so she's there too.  So I got the office all to myself again this week.  ugh...

3 major fires in the past 2 days.. oi vey what a mess.  Hope to be done with all this endless paper work soon.  Peace and love to you all

geez!  Wonder what could be causing that? Good luck dude!

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #234 - Aug 16th, 2006 at 3:58am

Hugs, honey. The fort is holding....

IP Logged

Lorrie
Ex Member

Reply #235 - Aug 16th, 2006 at 4:08am

Sometimes all that chaos is the Boss making us slow down, and take a good look at ourself and the dirrection we have gone in. I think it is the way we are told to get back on track, sort of a wake up call. I hope everything settles down and you find you're way back to your path, free from distraction. May you have Peace in your Heart, and Love in your Life always.

Very wise words to heed. Not a popular view, but wise!!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #236 - Aug 16th, 2006 at 4:48am

Night, everyone. My bed beckons. Be safe and I'll see you all tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #237 - Aug 16th, 2006 at 5:51pm

Yes! Your Worshipfulness!! *Starts picking up around the forum.*

On the kitty front, we are calling her "Cali" -- short for calico -- for the moment. She spent most of yesterday sleeping in a nook under the floor. Right now, she is sleeping beside the back door, a few feet from me. All the cats were in the house overnight and the Vampire Cat -- the boycat -- sneaked up and sniffed at Cali while she was sleeping. So, I'm hopeful that they are starting to accept her.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #238 - Aug 16th, 2006 at 6:57pm

She is a fiesty little thing as we discovered this morning while giving her oral antibiotics. Fortunately, no one needs stitches..  Who knows what she will answer to once she is well.

IP Logged

Shaylak
Ex Member

Reply #239 - Aug 16th, 2006 at 11:02pm

Hey everybody!I am back for the next few minutes.I have had a very bad week and it shows no signs of getting much better.We went down to IN and picked up my husbands two nieces a week ago.We are now temporary guardians of an 11 year old and a 16 year old.The 11 year old is really trying to make the best of a bad situation.The 16 year old does not want to be here,does not like anything about here and is in general behaving as expected for a kid her age.It has really made life vey difficult.The only one really happy about the situation is the dog.He is getting so much more attention.He will be very lost when the girls leave.Fortunately for him it is likely they will be here for at least a year,maybe more.Registration for school starts next week and I am really expecting things to get worse when that happens.I am hanging in there,but am not looking forward to the next couple of weeks.I know things have to get better as I am positive they cannot get any worse.I could,of course,be suprised.Things could go better or could go worse.Goota go.Wish me luck!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #240 - Aug 17th, 2006 at 12:03am

Oh hugs! Hopefully, once the girls are in school and start making friends the older one with settle down.

Things are stable on the "kitty front" with Cali still sleeping a good deal and the other cats acting like they expect her to morph into a cat eating monster. I swear!! She's a little tiny thing and I doubt that she knows how to kill a mouse, let alone tackle another cat. People don't realize that. Kittens have to be taught to hunt and kill prey. If momcat isn't around to teach them or doesn't know herself, the kittens never learn.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #241 - Aug 17th, 2006 at 4:47am

KITTY UPDATE!!!!

We have a name! Permanent -- unless the little hairball changes her mind again!!

Behold: Magdalene.
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2007 at 5:40am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #242 - Aug 18th, 2006 at 1:25am

Hugs, hon. Stuff happens when you are learning by doing...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #243 - Aug 18th, 2006 at 3:00pm

Damned inconsiderate of her! Mine does the same thing!! LOL They aren't worth what we pay them!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #244 - Aug 18th, 2006 at 10:09pm

Okay, guys. I've heard from Ashe this afternoon. He's alive, well and waiting for an interview with a principal. Right now, he is a "preferred applicant" for the job. He doesn't know what he would be teaching or what age group he would be working with -- he'd be an assistant -- but he is feeling good about the whole process. I'm hoping that he will be back with us soon. YEA, ASHE!!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #245 - Aug 19th, 2006 at 5:02am

Had a bad scare this evening. Thought that my modem had blown again but, as you can see, it is obviously working. I hereby thank all the Gods!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #246 - Aug 19th, 2006 at 9:49pm

YIKES!!!

IP Logged

Shaylak
Ex Member

Reply #247 - Aug 20th, 2006 at 4:50pm

Younger niece is settling in nicely.She goes fishing at least once a day,sometimes more and she is starting to make some friends.Takes her bike out on the bike trail and stays gone for a couple hours at a time.Older niece still doesn't come out of her room much.Their mother called and they were both in tears for hours.Their mom is recovering from two recent surgeries and has another one pending.She hasn't worked for months and they have had no income.They have no place to live right now.Didn't have much choice but to bring the girls up here with us until a lot of things get worked out,but hate having them so far away from their mom.My mother-in-law was trying to take care of all of this,but now my father-in-law is quite ill and possibly terminal.This just isn't my idea of how things should go!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #248 - Aug 20th, 2006 at 5:01pm

Hugs. No one's life should go like this but too many do. I can understand the older girl's feelings. She probably has a more realistic grasp of the situation than her sister and knows that the possibility of a negative outcome for her mother is a possibility. I realized that possibility when I was five years old. It is not fun. Hopefully, talking to her mother will help and the ultimate outcome will be positive.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #249 - Aug 21st, 2006 at 5:05pm

Big cleaning day here. Getting close to vacation and there will be minimal time for cleaning then!  I was also covered in earmite medicine and antibiotic a short while ago. The Killer Calico is feeling much better....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41
Send TopicPrint