Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' (Read 36709 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin'
Reply #375 - Oct 8th, 2006 at 4:07pm

Yeah. I iced it immediately -- try putting toppings on pizzas while holding an ice cube against your thumb -- and put some energy into it. It was still hurting when I went to bed that night but was painfree and unblistered in the morning. So, I lucked out. The last thing I need is to be one handed for any length of time!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #376 - Oct 9th, 2006 at 4:32am

I've been going through Castle posts all evening and I'm gonna call it a night. I've got the Castle map out and I'm going to work on the Military Complex side of it tomorrow. I hope to get the description of that posted this week if the Gods will give me a little cooperation!  Grin Nite all, be safe!! Especially you, DK, wherever you are!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #377 - Oct 9th, 2006 at 10:31pm

Thursday night/Friday morning's projected low -- high 20s. I am SO NOT READY for cold weather.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #378 - Oct 10th, 2006 at 12:53am

She ran off with the hot lawn boy.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #379 - Oct 10th, 2006 at 1:01am

Wait until the temps get into the negative numbers....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #380 - Oct 11th, 2006 at 6:57pm

Yea!!!! The phone call we were waitng for has come and I am back. I am also on YaHoo, Fearless Leader....
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2006 at 7:19pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #381 - Oct 12th, 2006 at 4:30am

Gonna pack it in and give the comp to the kids. See you guys tomorrow. Be safe!!

IP Logged

Peacock

Serenity Newbie

Reply #382 - Oct 12th, 2006 at 11:53am

I've been busy busy busy! So much time, so little to do... ummm wait a minute, reverse that

If you got it you want to share, if share it you haven't got it.

IP Logged

Warden Dike

Sanctuary Sorta-Newbie

Reply #383 - Oct 12th, 2006 at 6:32pm

Enjoying a quiet day off.  Went shopping with my Dad this morning, then we had lunch together.  After I finish with catching up on line, am going in search of ice cream.   Cool

Vengence Flies on Swift Wings
&&
League of Extraordinary Weirdos
&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #384 - Oct 12th, 2006 at 7:46pm

Well. I'm glad that you have finally gotten a day off!!! Hugs. I've been here for only a short time and all I've done is check Guest IPs!!   We are suddenly popular in California. I'll make some sense out of the Guest IP List and get it out to my fellow mods.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2010 at 7:21pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #385 - Oct 13th, 2006 at 1:39am

Yeah. Poor things will be stuck with me.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #386 - Oct 13th, 2006 at 6:07am

In case you guys haven't noticed... my name is now purple!!!! I'm pulling together elements for a new banner and wondering how the heck I'm gonna do this. Still, my co-goddess has faith in me so I'll do my best. While also editing and reposting the old Castle posts, writing the new Castle story and building the Castle itself.....
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2010 at 7:21pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #387 - Oct 14th, 2006 at 12:59am

It has been a chilly couple of days but it could be worse. At least we had no snow here! It is supposed to start warming up a bit now. On the down side, Hubby works on Saturday..... poo!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #388 - Oct 14th, 2006 at 3:15am

By the way, Doc, DragonMom -- how is the spooking going?! Inquiring minds want to know!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #389 - Oct 15th, 2006 at 5:22am

I've been here for slightly over 10 hours. I think that it is time to go to bed. Nite all. Be safe.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #390 - Oct 15th, 2006 at 11:32pm

And naturally, I missed you. We went to a parade today and after we got home, MoonCat grabbed the comp while I got off my feet. My knees picked today to be cranky. Thank the Gods I was watching the parade and not marching in it!

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Reply #391 - Oct 16th, 2006 at 12:29am

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 14th, 2006 at 3:15am:
By the way, Doc, DragonMom -- how is the spooking going?! Inquiring minds want to know!!

Swimmingly... he's there now, I don't expect him home until around 9 or so our time.  He's being trained on makeup also, so now he has to be there earlier to do other people's faces, then he gets someone else to do his.  I'll see if we can get some pics up.

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #392 - Oct 16th, 2006 at 12:48am

Goodie! I'm glad that the big guy is having fun. Now I want pics...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #393 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 6:03pm

What's happening is that my knees -- both of them today -- are killing me. Not nearly as bad as they were before the vacation started but I'm in enough pain to slow me down. There is Aleve in my immediate future or I will get nothing useful in the way of housework done today.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #394 - Oct 18th, 2006 at 3:52pm

I have to do the "housewife thing" too. I'm gonna let MoonCat have the comp for a while then I'll be back and on YaHoo too! Later!!

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Reply #395 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 3:51am

I am a posting FIEND tonight. Got some of Doc's pics up, and I'm going to put some others up too... heh heh heh... Yesterday was very very bad, I was as close to completely snapping as I've ever been.  On the way in to work, I was in such a horrid mood, I wanted to rip the steering wheel off, then bash out the window and beat up the passenger seat with it.  Got more upset - to the point of hyperventilating & chest tightening - when I realized I couldn't actually do it.  Not that I shouldn't, but that I was physically incapable.   Shocked  All better now, though.  Cheesy

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Ashera
Forum Administrator

Reply #396 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 12:18pm

(Content removed at poster's request)
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2007 at 2:11pm by Black_Rose »  

The Goddess in the Walls.....
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #397 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 12:55pm

*choke* *sniff* Hugs, Kaliani. I feel the same. My family gets rather impatient with me because of all the time I spend here. If I could I'd never leave. When it became obvious that the Castle needed a new home, you are the one who came through with one. Thank you. I'll be back to continue this thought. Right now, real life calls but it is no less real than Sanctuary.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #398 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 10:52pm

Continuing the thought...

Back on May 16th, when AmaKaliani and I had our noses rubbed in the fact that our online creations, Penthesilea's Castle and The Temple of All Gods and Goddesses were not respected by certain people and would not be protected from those people by the administration of their original home, we decided that it was time to move. Or to put it more bluntly. It was time to get the Hell out of Dodge!.  I knew what needed to be done but didn't have a clue as to how to do it. AmaKaliani got it in gear and before long, I found a list of sites that provided various sorts of forum software in my email. After a few experiments, we settled on the forum that you see now and on the Summer Solstice, 2006, I pulled out my credit card and we were in business.  That was a wonderful, frantic time. We felt that things were going from bad to worse on our former home and we wanted to keep our decision to pull up stakes secret lest we find ourselves "locked out" of our literary creations. The fact that an announced role-playing session involving a "batchelorette party" for "Penthesilea" attracted the attention of no less than four site administrators and received a "cautionary" post for material that was well within that forum's guidelines convinced us that our concerns were valid. So while we continued to post there, I continued writing relentlessly to meet our July 7th deadline while Kaliani worked on the forum, the Handfasting of Penthesilea and the Darklord (What? You thought I did that by myself?!) and got ready to move her family from one side of Florida to the other!

We got it done. We got Sanctuary up and running. We got Darklord Kodiak and Penthesilea handfasted and happily in bed.  Wink We got Kaliani moved back home to Jacksonville. We got the threads on the other forum locked behind us so that no one can ever degrade or diminish what we had created there. Not too shabby for a couple of "stay at home" moms with no special technical expertise. I won't lie. There have been some serious bumps in the road. Some people we expected to be here are not -- by their own choice. Others, specifically, Ashe and Darklord Kodiak are MIRL (Missing In Real Life) and we await the day when said "real life" lets them return to us. They are much loved and very missed. Come back soon, guys!! We will be here. This is our baby, Kaliani's and mine and as long as either of us is breathing, this place will be here.

I'm continuing to work on the Castle. Once I've finished reposting material from the original Castle thread (all with the original posters permission, of course!), I'll be working hard on the next Castle story. I'm hoping that "real life" will cough up DK before then since a good deal of the story is in his head!  If that doesn't happen, I'll do my best on my own. DK expects it of me and I won't disappoint him. He has faith in me -- as I have faith in him -- and I want him to be proud of me and the love story we built together.

So those are my thoughts on this, our 4 month anniversary. Come Yule, I'll probably have more to say.
And, Kaliani.... love you, Evil Sis. hugs

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #399 - Oct 21st, 2006 at 1:43am

I thought that mentioning the hurricanes might be overkill. We'll save that for the first year retrospective..
And as for being stronger, yeah. We're stronger. Personally, after the last two months, I feel like I could take on Wonder Woman and Supergirl in a cage match and win..

And I'm glad we have Serenity too.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41
Send TopicPrint