Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' (Read 36699 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin'
Reply #425 - Oct 26th, 2006 at 8:14pm

We went to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis Haunted House this morning. The girls wanted to go and we already had the tickets. It had been pouring rain, appropriate to the situation, but the rain had let up and there was no line (a small miracle right there) so we got in quickly. I'm glad we went. It is no where near as scary as what Doc is doing -- a much younger client base! --  but for the space of the tour, the family forgot and I heard my husband laugh for the first time since it happened.
I don't think laughter will be heard much here for a long while but little Maggie is doing her best. She is a glutton for attention. You look at her and she flops down and rolls over so you can scratch her tummy which she loves. I've reopened the "Feline Liberation Fund". Whether a little ball of fur shows up on our doorstep like Maggie did or if we adopt from Petsmart as we did with Sassy and Sebastian there will be expenses involved and we will be ready for when Bast sends us another little furchild to care for.

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Reply #426 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 2:45am

Oh Penth, I'm so sorry!  Losing a furchild can be more difficult than losing a human sometimes... people are complicated, but usually with furkids the primary emotion you shared was love.  Big hugs!!

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Jenne

Serenity Newbie

Reply #427 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 2:47am

Pent, I'm so sorry about your kitty!  Glad you guys had fun today at the HH, and that you're looking forward to a new little fur baby!

We're heading out for the weekend tomorrow, and it'll be a long break that I've needed.  This week has kicked my BUTT!  My cousin's having a Halloween Party, and I'm to read tarot for "Tips for Tits"--all tips in the jar at my side will go to my sis-in-law's "3 Day Walk for the Cure" she's doing next month.  My aunt just had breast cancer and her 2d surgery was this past Friday.  So, we're excited to be doing a small fundraiser at this party for research $.

Anyway, that's moi.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #428 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 3:19am

Thanks, guys. The Hubby called him our "son" and loved him to pieces. He was adorable even if his preferred method of playing with me was to grab my hands and start chewing -- hard -- on my fingers! He also liked to bite my nose and "pat" my face with his claws out. Still, he was a loving little guy and I'll miss him forever.
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2006 at 3:23am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #429 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 4:10am

Hubby just got home with some news. When word got around the Post Office about Sebastian, one of the ladies he works with told him that she had a little black tomkitten he could have if he wanted him.
My heart says to take him, MoonCat and Hubby agree so we will probably pick him up on Saturday. We will have to get a new kitty carrier (we never reuse them...)  They have been calling him "Mr. B." but as a black cat in our household, he will have a name that begins with "S". Maybe Samhain won't be so sad after all....
Thanks be to Bast....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #430 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 4:32pm

hehehehe That's a thought, but we'd have to call him "Sam" on the vet's records.  Grin We will follow our usual pattern of trying out names until he responds to one of them. Hopefully, we will discover his name early in the process. It took nearly 2 days before the Hearth Queen responded to her name!!
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2006 at 4:33pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle

Reply #431 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 1:47am

Smiley Smiley

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #432 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 4:26am

Congratulations, Sister Site Goddess!! But you know this. hehehehe

We go to pick up the kitty tomorrow (Saturday).  The lady told Hubby that the kitty was four weeks old!!! This can NOT be right -- especially since the little guy has a litter box. She doesn't have the mother, just the kitten and Hubby says she is a reluctant "cat person." So I'm thinking that he is probably twelve weeks or thereabouts -- a kitten much younger than that wouldn't be likely to survive without Mom. I'll be able to make a guess at his age once I see him.
Believe me, if he really is that young, we will be stopping at Petsmart on the way home for kitten formula and a bottle!! What we know for sure is that the kitten is male and black. And that is enough. AND that he will be damned better off with us than where he is!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #433 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 6:09pm

"Sanctuary Control. We have cat. I repeat we have the cat."

Our new addition is currently under the sofa with the Hubby laying on the floor in front of it talking to him and Miss Maggie laying on the sofa watching the whole proceedings with interest.  Grin He is feeling a bit trumatized. He had an attack of... ahem... loose bowels on the way home followed by vomiting. That was probably caused by the rectangular blue thing I saw when I hosed down the kitty carrier.(Yes, he was in a Pet Taxi. We've done this before!) He's small -- no more that 14 weeks I would say although the vet will have the final word -- and he has the golden/amber-gold eyes of one of the "purebreed" strains of black cats. So he is either a Black Domestic Shorthair (like the War Queen) or a Bombay (like our beloved Sassy.) MoonCat sooooo wants his "official" birthday to be June 6, 2006 and I've promised her that if the vet says that he is that old, that will be his birthday. Hubby's co-worker met us in front of her house with him and he got alarmed and I thought he might get away so we put him in the carrier immediately. Consequently, I haven't seen much of him. I'll fill you in when I've had a chance to look at him more. My first impression is that he looks like a cross between Sassy and Sebastian...
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2006 at 11:04pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #434 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 7:18pm

He's out from under the sofa....

IP Logged

Warden Dike

Sanctuary Sorta-Newbie

Reply #435 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 7:38pm

THANK-YOU BLEESED BAST!!!  Congrats on the new arrivial.  This is a day full of GOOD news.  This morning, at work, we received a fax from our new Distict Pharmacy Manager.  It stated that, ONLY, 24 hour stores will be open on Christmas Day.  Yes my friends, MY STORE WILL BE CLOSED!  I am still calling for the boycott.  This is because the pain and suffering involved.   Grin Grin

HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY, HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY!!!!!!

Vengence Flies on Swift Wings
&&
League of Extraordinary Weirdos
&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #436 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 11:03pm

Thanks, Nike. He's out from under the sofa and has pretty much taken over the place!! He's found the litter boxes in the basement, -- the one I had moved into the kitchen for him is going back downstairs! -- sampled all the kitty food available, began the thorough exploration of the basement with much chasing after "things that aren't there", explored under the floors and has had his first face off with the War Queen, who hissed at him. He has yet to hiss back but it is only a matter of time. We've gotten a better look at him now and he looks more like the War Queen than either Sassy or Sebastian. I don't know if he will get as big as she is but he definitely has her "look." And he is a little blessing. He's made both MoonCat and her father laugh today. Unless he is a lot older than he looks, he is a little Leo cat. He has also picked his name.... Samson, our little Lord of Samhain.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #437 - Oct 29th, 2006 at 12:31am

The Lord of Samhain has discovered our bedroom. "Be afraid, be very afraid...."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #438 - Oct 29th, 2006 at 3:51am

Maggie is feeling a bit perkier today. I think that the last two rainy days plus the general air of grief around the place got to her. The Lord of Samhain is making himself quite at home. He's tearing through the house chasing the Hearth Queen who does tend to put on weight in the winter especially since she injured her hip a couple of years ago. It looks like his little lordship will keep her in trim this winter.  Grin

And by all means, take the initiative and update the list.
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2006 at 3:54am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #439 - Oct 29th, 2006 at 11:19pm

I've got a photobucket account now but with dialup, it is going to take a while to get anything loaded... *sigh*  but at least I'm getting started.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #440 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 12:39am

I've got some kitty pictures loaded. And posted. I'll start taking "Castle Building pictures" and start a separate album for them. I'm thinking that this is going to be a real long term project...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #441 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 6:08pm

We're back from town -- had to go to the bank and pay the mortgage.. I know that we could mail it but it gives me a secure feeling to see that payment entered into the computer right in front of me. I know too much about what can happen to bill payments in the Postal Service's sorting machines.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #442 - Nov 1st, 2006 at 2:18pm

Just heard from Bethra. She has had MAJOR computer issues that resulted in the complete loss of Bookmarks. I gave her the link to here and she'll be back later to get caught up.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #443 - Nov 1st, 2006 at 6:42pm

I hear you about the errands. The letter carrier was late and we had to make a mad dash to the bank once she had gone....
And it is good that you have an idea about the servers because I'm so clueless it isn't funny. My only excuse is that I haven't been at the top of my game this week  Cry but I'm trying to get my cognitive functions back online and they are coming -- slowly...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #444 - Nov 2nd, 2006 at 3:26am

That being the case, I'll plan on holding down the fort by myself tomorrow night.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #445 - Nov 2nd, 2006 at 3:41am

Friday is payday here so by the time Hubby rolls out the door headed for work, I will be knee deep in supplies that need to be put away.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #446 - Nov 2nd, 2006 at 4:20pm

It is the "day before payday" so I'm gonna be rooting though cabinets and the pantry to see what we need and making my list. If I don't have a list, I WILL forget something I need and when town is seven miles away, that can be a real pain..
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2006 at 4:21pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle

Reply #447 - Nov 3rd, 2006 at 3:01am

Penthesilea wrote on Nov 2nd, 2006 at 4:20pm:
It is the "day before payday" so I'm gonna be rooting though cabinets and the pantry to see what we need and making my list. If I don't have a list, I WILL forget something I need and when town is seven miles away, that can be a real pain..

We weren't quite seven miles from town, but after the lakehouse, I know whatcha mean - it was five minutes in the car just to the nearest gas station, much less the grocery store.  If I didn't get it on Saturday, I had to get it on the way home from work.  Grin

YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #448 - Nov 3rd, 2006 at 3:10am

I have learned something important this evening. Do NOT leave Samson alone with the computer. He managed to turn off FireFox, tell the computer that he wanted to print something and he typed but did not send an offline message on YaHoo....
It said: grrrrr rrrrrrr  Grin

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #449 - Nov 3rd, 2006 at 3:56am

We're about 20 minutes from town -- when the weather is good -- when it's bad, all bets are off. Nike can attest to how twisty and turny/uppy and downy that road is. In the winter time, you don't make unnecessary trips!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41
Send TopicPrint