Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' (Read 36607 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin'
Reply #475 - Nov 12th, 2006 at 2:36am

hehehehehehe Spirit decided to do something different with her nails this evening... she's sporting black nail polish. I don't know what her dad is going to say.  Grin

Post #1,900
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2006 at 2:41am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #476 - Nov 12th, 2006 at 5:34am

*goody!* I just checked with UPS and my shiny new 110 mm black onyx scrying ball is on the way!  Now all I have to do is get the stand I'm making for it finished! (Or as close as I can get without the ball in hand for the final fitting.) It is scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday. I hope it gets here sooner...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #477 - Nov 12th, 2006 at 10:01pm

The holiday season has official begun. We got our turkey today. It is currently sitting in the refrigerator at the Guest House. I'm gonna be trying something new with it this year. I'll let you know how it goes. First thing I gotta do is find a bowl or very clean bucket that it will fit in....
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2006 at 10:02pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Reply #478 - Nov 12th, 2006 at 10:11pm

Penthesilea wrote on Nov 12th, 2006 at 10:01pm:
The holiday season has official begun. We got our turkey today.

Not quite for us yet... our jack o'lanterns are still molding on the front porch.  Grin  I've got Mog thinking about what she wants for Yule, but that's it so far.  It doesn't look like Doc's gran will make it for Thanksgiving - she hasn't been doing well lately - so we're thinking about having an orphan's dinner.  Have to see if anyone's interested...

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle

Reply #479 - Nov 12th, 2006 at 10:55pm

BTW sorry I haven't been on much lately - Cafe Doom has been taking a lot of my time lately, as I'm in the critique group there.  And now I've got to figure out how to reload Office 2000... we had to do a system restore to get rid of some viruses, and somehow it disappeared from the system.  Worse still, the CD-ROM drive appears to be bad - Office is on a burned CD from my dad, and the drive doesn't recognize it 2/3 of the time.  It's either that, or give Microsoft $240 for Office 2003. Angry

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #480 - Nov 13th, 2006 at 1:41am

And Bill Gates has enough money.  Grin  And don't you hate it when a favorate program isn't upgraded so that is it compatible with the new version of your Operating system and you have to switch to something that doesn't work as well as what you had before?  Angry

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle

Reply #481 - Nov 14th, 2006 at 4:13am

Well I finally figured out the problem with Office - the firewall kept blocking it!  Turned the firewall off, got Office 2000 & the printer drivers re-installed.  *whew*

YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #482 - Nov 14th, 2006 at 5:23am

Glad to hear it! Computers are tricksy creatures. They will do exactly what they are told even if it isn't what you want!! And they won't tell you what the problem is!! In some ways, they are much like the men who designed them.....

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle

Reply #483 - Nov 14th, 2006 at 5:49am

YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #484 - Nov 14th, 2006 at 6:22pm

What is more to the point, what isn't happening. Like housework. *sigh* I'm gonna have to go do the housewife thing. I'll be back later tonight to do some word processing while I keep an eye on things.  Be safe.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #485 - Nov 16th, 2006 at 12:27am

Still plugging away. The weather has turned cold and rainy which doesn't help my mood under the best of circumstances and circumstances lately are far from the best.  Cry
On a happy note, my new black onyx scrying ball arrived today in a box that smells like my favorite magickal bookshop. The best way to describe it is to say it looks like a "Magic 8 Ball" without the lettering or the little window at the bottom!  Grin I'm busy making a stand for it around my Hecate's Night preparations. (Supposed to be raining like hell at sunset tomorrow so.. no bonfire. RATS!! And chilly too, so no skyclad even if I were tempted!) When I've got the stand done to my satisfaction and painted with about three coats of metallic silver paint, I'll post a picture of it so you can see it. It is going to look very dramatic on the pentacle table I use for my meditation and divination practice. And yes, the chair I use with it is the prototype for the "Keyholder's Seat.."

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle

Reply #486 - Nov 16th, 2006 at 3:06am

Going to get some writing done, until my wrist hurts too much to do so.  Tink was nice enough to tell me about a contest courttv.com is having - they're looking for the next crime writer.  But they want a synopsis at the top of the entry, which is understandable, but not something I've ever done before.  And now that I've started writing it, I find I'm getting the last section panned out and hopefully locked down.  So maybe I'll actually finish it before I (hopefully!) win... first prize is $1000 and a shot at a publishing contract. 

going off to write like the wind -
DM

YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #487 - Nov 16th, 2006 at 5:07am

Go for it, DM!  Smiley

I haven't heard from the Senior Site Goddess since she left me an offline message on YaHoo at about 3 this afternoon. I'm assuming that is because of the rough weather they are having in the region -- the northern end of which is dumping rain on my head -- but I haven't heard Jacksonville mentioned in the late news so I figure nothing TOO drastic has happened. Probably just a power failure. So, Kaliani, you have SUCH email in your box. I was good and didn't fill up your offline box.... Grin 
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2006 at 7:05pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #488 - Nov 19th, 2006 at 3:18am

THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM!!!
By this time next week, the annual Christmas Rush at the Post Office will be underway and I will be, in essence, a single mom 'cause I will NOT see my Hubby much until Christmas Day. 10 to 12 hour shifts plus the commuting time means he will have time to eat, sleep, shower and, if we are lucky, get some shopping done before he heads out again.
Look for me to be here a lot late at night....

Penth
Remembering  last year's late nights online with DK....   Miss you, DK!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #489 - Nov 20th, 2006 at 2:31am

That "40s to 80s" nonsense sounds like Indiana in the fall. Things have settled down now weatherwise -- I think -- and it is expected to be spitting snow tonight. It isn't cold enough to stick but it will go a long way towards setting the mood for Yule. I don't know when we are going to put the tree up -- we usually do it on Thanksgiving or shortly thereafter. This year, I don't know....  Cry It would have been Sebastian's second Christmas.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #490 - Nov 20th, 2006 at 7:22pm

Gonna duck out for a while. I'm showing waaayyyy too much white hair. It is time to pull out the dye...
So, I'm gonna grab a bite and then get started. I'll be back later tonight. Hugs.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #491 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 11:42pm

Laughing out loud...

IP Logged

SeaSiren

Ethereal Witch & Mystical
Muse

Reply #492 - Nov 23rd, 2006 at 10:42pm

Must do happy dance of divinity joy...  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  We just got back from delivering meals to inbound seniors, and only had one sad report to make which was better than the two last year.  Six seniors, only one was seriously in need of assistance and can't live alone anymore.  I won't go further, but it was truly sad to see this woman in that condition.

Anyway, after a catnap we're off to my folks for wine and hor's d'ouerves then off to our favorite restaurant for dinner.  Going to their place is as exciting as watching paint dry, plus we have to hear them bicker about what ends up being a dried turkey, then I get to clean the dishes and her kitchen!

Meh.

This year, I told my brother we going out and splitting the bill.  NO muss, no fuss, no dishes and a quick getaway when it's done, hehe.

Tomorrow starts Malibu Lost Weekend with my crazy Irish cousins  Smiley

YIM  
IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle

Reply #493 - Nov 28th, 2006 at 4:34am

Gotta get off soon, my wrist is killing me, but Happy B-day a little early!

YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #494 - Nov 28th, 2006 at 5:07pm

I'm trying to puzzle out certain things about "Penthesilea"s Castle: Book 3", I'm trying to learn about Mixed Martial Arts so I can write realistic fight scenes since my expert is lost in Real Life. I'm trying to work on Book One -- not much success there, writer's block -- while getting Books One and Two edited and in some cases, completely rewritten, and reposted here so they can be read easily. And I'm going to start experimenting with plaster of paris/cement blends in preparation for Castle building. I'm working on the Codex and the maps.  AND IT IS A DAMN GOOD THING I LOVE DK -- OTHERWISE I'D SKIN HIM FOR LEAVING ME TO FIGURE OUT THIS MESS BY MYSELF!!!! *wail*
YOU OWE ME, DARKLORD!!!!   There. I feel much better now. Come back soon, DK. I promise I won't kill you. *sniff* Just some light torture. I promise....

Penth
Wrestling with maps and things all by her lonesome and missing the Darklord.. Kiss...

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle

Reply #495 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 1:22am

Y'know, if you ask nicely, Doc might be able to help you with some of the fight scenes.  Not martial arts so much, but swordfighting & melee. (just a thought)  Yeah, I need to get some writing done tonight.  Except for Mondays, work tends to get slow enough that I can write at work usually, so I'm gonna shoot for at least two pages a day - five pages if I'm really on a roll.  I know that's not much but I gotta get moving or I'll keep letting myself get blocked.  Self-fulling prophecy & all that jazz.  Grin

YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #496 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 1:35am

I'm certainly going to need help in those areas too! Doc also left me with all sorts of Wolfkin "loose ends" Castlewise that we are going to have to get taken care of. Ravager and all that....
I hear you about forcing yourself to write. I'm gonna have to even though I don't feel like it.  Cry DK was always good at getting me started when I having trouble, just his being there helped, but since he's MIRL these days and I don't know when he will be able to come back -- although I am having serious, ongoing talks with Deity about that situation -- I'm gonna have to try to figure out the story line we were planning on my own and hope I don't mess it up. I don't want to disappoint him and I do want him to be proud of me.

(admin edit - The Thread's #666 post.......)
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2006 at 1:01pm by Ashera »  

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle

Reply #497 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 3:20am

Penthesilea wrote on Nov 30th, 2006 at 1:35am:
I don't want to disappoint him and I do want him to be proud of me.

Mom, I have read your writing.  You are GOOD.  Whatever you do, I'm sure DK will be just as proud of you as the rest of are. *hugs*

YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #498 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 3:51am

Thanks. *sniff* That means a lot. I just don't want DK to show up, take one look at what I've done to "him" and yell "It never happened!" like Doc did when he read -- well, you know what he read!! Grin And I'll probably be biting my nails in nervousness until he does show up and tells me that I "did him" right. Yes, I know how dirty that sounds... I DON'T CARE!!!!

Now, so you know. I'm saving my posts. I need post number 1978 for something special and I'm almost there -- yikes!  Once I've made that special post on Saturday, I'm gonna make up for lost time. I've got a ton of Castle reposts ready to go up as well as a couple of Night Club "flashbacks" hehehehehe [Naughty, naughty DK!]  And some more original Castle entries for the Codex if I can manage to sound coherent in them. It is difficult to get an original take on elves and dwarves without infringing on someone's copyright!! The centaurs will be much easier as will the Guilds and Organizations for the Codex.
I just don't want you guys to think I'm ignoring you. I'll get caught up on posting over the weekend. I may even set a one day record for "Most posts done in a day." Wouldn't that PO certain "post number obsessed" folks....

IP Logged

SeaSiren

Ethereal Witch & Mystical
Muse

Reply #499 - Dec 2nd, 2006 at 4:25pm

Had to log in to say.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMAKALIANI!!!!

YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41
Send TopicPrint