Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' (Read 36614 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin'
Reply #500 - Dec 2nd, 2006 at 8:25pm

Here's the official "Happy Birthday!" thread.  http://valcariasworld.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1165036106/5#5

IP Logged

Warden Dike

Sanctuary Sorta-Newbie

Reply #501 - Dec 2nd, 2006 at 8:27pm

A most glorious birthday to our Most beloved Site-Goddess!  I am happy to report I survived the first ice and snow of the "winter" season.  Had to work both days.  Getting to and from work was a little dicey though.  Four to six inches of solid,packed snow on the highway is not, at all, fun.  Left work Thursday night at 9P.M.  Did not get home until 9:50P.M.  YIKES!  Called Mom to tell her I made it home okay.  Dad called a few minutes later to check up on me.  Was ravenous, ate, then went to bed.  Streets are clean, clear and dry.  THANKS HERMES!  Love you!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMAKALIANI!!!

Vengence Flies on Swift Wings
&&
League of Extraordinary Weirdos
&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #502 - Dec 2nd, 2006 at 8:35pm

You've been on my mind, Swordsis. So have DragonMom and Doc -- who really NEED to post so that we know that they are okay. Having DK and Ashe "missing in real life" is quite enough to worry about! *WAILLLLLLL*

AND WHERE THE HELL IS LITTLE BILLY????
Inquiring minds want to know.... really.
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2006 at 9:52pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Warden Dike

Sanctuary Sorta-Newbie

Reply #503 - Dec 2nd, 2006 at 8:38pm

Have not heard from either one.  I will give them a call tonight, after I get off the phone with Brother Unit Buddha Man.  I will tell them to give you a YAHOOOOO!  Hope you all missed the weather.

Vengence Flies on Swift Wings
&&
League of Extraordinary Weirdos
&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #504 - Dec 2nd, 2006 at 8:43pm

We missed the snow and ice part. We did NOT miss the rain part -- 3 inches give or take a tenth of an inch or so or the wind part. We had wind gusts of around 55 miles an hour. Yes, every stray limb that could come down did as did a few dead and not so dead trees. No damage to the Hall fortunately....

And when is that brother of yours gonna get in here and register?
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2006 at 8:44pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #505 - Dec 3rd, 2006 at 4:51am

Her Goddessness has authorized me to post a quick report. The party at Casa de la Kaliani is in full swing. Guests are there. The bonfire is roaring nicely and she reports that she has had some Carbombs this evening -- which is one reason why I am telling you this instead of her !! Grin She came flying onto YaHoo about 35 minutes ago wanting to know what I knew about a God of Fire, any pantheon. I told her what my muddled brain could recall of Hephasteus (Forgive me, Great One. I know that isn't spelled right.), she told me that I rocked and took off again. I am filled with equal parts curiosity and apprehension. WHY did she need to know about a God of Fire??  I guess I'll find out eventually......
She will probably check in some time tomorrow -- once she has recovered.. Wink

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #506 - Dec 3rd, 2006 at 5:19am

The day is done and the record is in: 435 posts in 24 hours.   Think what I could have done if I didn't need to sleep!   Grin
I've finished the repostings on the Night Club and got started on the next batch of Castle posts. My long suffering family will get dibs on the comp tomorrow -- lol -- I'll plunge thru and get the rest of the Castle re-posts that I have ready up this week. AmaKaliani is particularly fond of this section of the story since it involves hot bedroom action between the Darklord and his Lady. hehehehehe I've tweaked things a bit so if you read it the first time, there are some little surprises in there for you. I still have to be PG-13 so things aren't as steamy as they could be but I think I've given you enough to fire your imaginations!! The batch after this one is going to need careful and extensive rewriting. I'm not going to be able to get away with [Text to be added later.] on these so they will be slower in coming. It'll be worth it. I promise. That's all for now. My fingers are tired!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #507 - Dec 4th, 2006 at 12:54am

I was wondering.  Grin

IP Logged

Queenie

Serenity Newbie

Reply #508 - Dec 4th, 2006 at 3:46am

This site keeps giving me deja vu.  Huh

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #509 - Dec 4th, 2006 at 3:53am

hehehehe How so?

IP Logged

Queenie

Serenity Newbie

Reply #510 - Dec 4th, 2006 at 4:00am

I've just been reading through some threads, and it feels like I've read them before... when I haven't. Also, some people's handles seem really familiar. I can't think of why though.  Undecided

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #511 - Dec 4th, 2006 at 4:17am

Well, that could be. The overwhelming majority of us met on a site called Mystic Wicks where we were all active to a greater or lesser degree and we use the same names here that we used there.
Last spring, we decided that we needed our own site since a number of us are writers and we needed to have some say on who could post on the story threads that we started. The thread that I started, Penthesilea's Castle, is especially long and a bit complicated. We tied up the story line that we had begun on MW on this site and we decided that the original thread would be reposted here -- with editing -- so that the entire story would be available in one place. Since not everyone involved in the original thread wishes to continue to be involved, I'm either deleting or rewriting those parts of the story. And I'm taking out all the "real life" goofiness that tended to ensue when DocBruce and I got together with no immediate story concerns to keep us on task.
I've also brought over some sequences from MW for the Night Club which I reposted last night. Mainly because the people involved were in favor of the idea.
I hope that explains it.
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2006 at 4:19am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #512 - Dec 4th, 2006 at 3:23pm

I've heard from one of our "Missing in Real Life" members, Ashe. He is having or has just finished with mid-term finals right now so we should be seeing him a little more often until the next semester starts. Work is wearing him down a bit so any good thoughts sent his way will be felt and appreciated -- as will any "new job" energy you can spare. Thanks.
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2006 at 3:24pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #513 - Dec 5th, 2006 at 6:06am

And some of us -- specifically me -- were led along a little more forcefully but then, I'm a bit dense.....  Grin

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #514 - Dec 5th, 2006 at 7:13pm

Re-posting on the Castle continues at a good pace. I just finished re-posting the infamous "Penth and Kodiak share blood" sequence that soooo POed some people. I touched up that part and some other bits a little -- mainly adding emphasis here and there, making it a touch more explicit there and doing wholesale rewrites in a couple of places.
I'm also trying to tidy up the living room since a man is coming out tomorrow to give us an estimate on the roof. Hopefully, Hubby can arrange to be here when he arrives. The Post Office changed his schedule after we made the appointment.....  Angry

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #515 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 5:45am

My fingers are tired!  I got about 200 Castle reposts -- more or less, I didn't count them -- up today. There is some new stuff in there that reflects the changes that will be in the books. Only about 3,900 posts left to go through. I can't even guess how many of those will be cut for "real life" and how many will need to be rewritten. At least when I'm done, the entire Castle story will be in one place and divided into "bite sized" chunks for easy reading. I've added a bit of the "naughty stuff" that I wanted to put in originally but didn't cause I figured that some person would report it just to cause trouble. DK gave me SUCH a straight line during the Yule sequence that I had to let go by 'cause someone would have complained about it. Probably one of his "wannabe" girlfriends.The Gods know there were enough of them around!  Grin Some people might have thought that I was stalking him but let me tell you.... Nope better not. But I will say that our dear Darklord was stalked and I know some of the names.

GOOD NEWS! The Hubby is home and informs me that he will be here when the roofing contractor is here. He talked to his boss and got the okay to come in a bit late.  Thanks be to all Deities!!
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2006 at 5:47am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #516 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 9:16pm

Roof Update:

Well, the guy has been here and gone. We have an estimate, a contract and a Home Depot credit card. The wheels are finally moving and if the weather holds and doesn't mess up their schedule, we should be having the roof torn off -- Yule week. The guy estimated that the job would take 2 days or so, our roof isn't flat but it isn't very steep so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the job will be done by Yule. We got a bit of a break on the price because it is the off season and the roof should last for 25 years or so barring a honking big hunk of tree coming down on it. That happens, all bets are off!!  Grin Once the roof is paid for -- which won't be long. We have a plan.  Wink -- we will be looking into flooring. The house came with wall to wall carpet which is in desperate need of replacing. Which it will be -- with tile. As long as we have cats that hurl on the floor -- and we are NOT going to get rid of the furry darlings -- I want something that is easy to clean!! And rugs are soooo not it! So expect more episodes of Penth's Adventures in Home Improvement in the coming months....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #517 - Dec 7th, 2006 at 7:22pm

Fast in and out, people. I'm waiting for the roofing contractor to call and schedule a time to come out and measure the roof. Then he'll get the stuff ordered and we will be good to go!! I've been "processing words" all day and I'll be back to post more Castle stuff later this evening. The guy doesn't work on weekends so I'll be on more then. BE SAFE everyone.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #518 - Dec 8th, 2006 at 12:30am

We are going to be in the single digits tonight. At least if feels like winter even if it doesn't look like it. Current temperature is 17 degrees...
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2006 at 12:31am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #519 - Dec 8th, 2006 at 12:40am

Grin  *Hands Kaliani a LLBean Parka..*

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Reply #520 - Dec 8th, 2006 at 4:42am

It got down to about 20 degrees here today, has been bitter cold pretty much all freakin' day.  I'm sittin' here with a blanket on my lap - the cold hurts my knees.  Geez I feel old... like Doc says, get me my cane so I can beat you with it!  Grin

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #521 - Dec 8th, 2006 at 5:19am

*Shaking finger at DM* Now don't you DARE say that you feel old!! I'm 54 fer cryin' out loud and I refuse to be old. Wink

Current temperature is 12 degrees.
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2006 at 5:21am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #522 - Dec 8th, 2006 at 7:40pm

Still waiting for the roofing contractor to call so I'll be getting offline as soon as this is posted.  *sigh* And the furnace is out too. So I'm waiting for the repair man too. Life is so wonderful I can't stand it.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #523 - Dec 8th, 2006 at 9:18pm

Heating Update:

We don't have any. The man has been here and gone. The blower motor is shot. It will have to be replaced. It is an "Out of Stock" item. It is Friday afternoon. Do you see where this is going? Of course you can!!   Angry We will be without heat for the weekend -- possibly longer. And I'm still waiting for the roofer to call. We will be making an emergency run to Wal-Mart as soon as Hubby gets home to purchase space heaters. I got the one we keep in the basement sitting between the living room and the dining room. Spirit is sitting in front of it. I will also be baking cookies this evening. I will be back here in one hour and 45 minutes to bitch on the "Bitching Board." MoonCat will be joining me. And, yes, I'll be signed in on YaHoo....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #524 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 4:51am

Yeah. No YaHoo. I've been getting that stupid "Maintenance" message all evening.
And no heat. Life is so wonderful I can't stand it!!
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2006 at 4:51am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41
Send TopicPrint