Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' (Read 36585 times)
DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Re: What's Happenin'
Reply #525 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 5:02am

Yeah, I just checked, it's still down.  Thinking warm thoughts for you, Penth!!  I just made two batches of chocolate fudge - six pounds' worth.  Four pounds are already sold, and the other two are destined to be presents.  Doc & Mog are straight outta luck - they only get one piece each!  Grin 

Mog is having a friend over in the morning - a VERY big deal, since it's the FIRST friend she's ever invited over.  Seems my & Doc's shyness has translated to her.  Undecided  I'll actually have to go to bed on time tonight, since I'm taking them both to Saturday Fun Club tomorrow morning.  It's just once-a-month crafts & play time, but it's the only thing Mog seems interested in, other than soccer, so I make sure she gets to it every month.

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #526 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 6:31am

We are getting ready to bed down for the night. We should be okay. I'll be on in the morning and let you know how it went.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #527 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 1:23pm

We're up. It's about 60 in the house both upstairs and down. It is supposed to hit 40 today so once the sun is high enough to hit the patio doors the house should warm up a bit. I'm trying not to think about what our electric bill is going to be!  Shocked

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #528 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 5:17pm

I'm gonna let the kids get caught up with their internet sites while I go be useful. I'll be back later.

IP Logged

Warden Dike

Sanctuary Sorta-Newbie

Reply #529 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 9:17pm

Mission Control, Kansas City has CHIK-FIL-A!!!!  YES!  Had lunch there after I got off work today.  Shot craps and got to 8AM to 2PM shift.  Got only five hours sleep last night.  Screwy dreams.  After the library, grocery store.  Fun, fun, fun.  Everyone have a nice weekend. Cool

Vengence Flies on Swift Wings
&&
League of Extraordinary Weirdos
&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #530 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 11:12pm

Working on it, Swordsis, working on it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #531 - Dec 10th, 2006 at 6:23am

Well, the Hubby is home and the house isn't too chilly at the moment. We had chicken for dinner and 425 degrees for over an hour warmed things up nicely. I've finished up the section of Castle posts I was putting up and started the next one. This next section includes the infamous scene in which Kodiak proposes to Penthesilea. I had no idea that was coming! Cross my heart!  And yes, my acceptance -- in the game/story -- caused no end of behind the scenes teeth gnashing! That in turn has necessitated the need for rewrites of which this new section and the one I just finished posting have several. Once everything else is up, I'll tackle the rewrite for the "Black Lotus" storyline. *thud*  The "Penthesilea's Curse" storyline -- in which Penthesilea becomes the lowest sort of vampire -- is due for a major, MAJOR rewrite! Look for our beloved DK to play a much, MUCH bigger part in Penth's rescue -- the part he should have played the first time around! And for our own AmaKaliani to appear much sooner in the story than she originally did. I'm looking forward to writing it!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #532 - Dec 10th, 2006 at 3:33pm

hehehehehehehe Yes,  dear Sister Site Goddess! The Keyholder needs a trustworthy priestess and you are it!! I'll need your input when I start on it. And....Ahem!DK'S INPUT WOULD BE NICE TOO!!!!!!!
Just saying, mind you.
The house is fairly warm this morning, we didn't lose much heat overnight. The sun is up and starting to hit the patio doors and I'm gonna get started on breakfast. I'll be back later to put up some more Castle.
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2006 at 3:36pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Reply #533 - Dec 10th, 2006 at 8:09pm

Just made up a batch of peanut butter fudge, gotta check the laundry here in a minute, and then I'm gonna get some writing done.  Going to try & get some more of HN written, or I may work on expanding Bad Santa.  (Which is posted under DM's Collected Stories, if you're interested...  Cool )  Mog's watching Scary Movie 3.  It's amazing how many movies that can be squeezed out of a single concept.   Grin

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #534 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 5:39am

Well, I've finished the section of Castle posts I was working on and started the next one. I'll be back to waiting for the roofing contractor to call so I won't be on much tomorrow during the day. I HOPE -- fervently -- to get the furnace taken care of quickly. We were going to do our shopping this weekend. We did NOT do any shopping -- except for space heaters. WE HAVE NO PRESENTS PURCHASED AT THIS TIME!!   Do you see where this is going? It is 2 weeks until Christmas Day when we open the presents and we are going to have to get the shopping done around Hubby's work at the Post Office, furnace repairs and roofers.....

Anyone who wishes to petition the Gods for Divine Intervention on our behalf, please feel free to do so 'cause the Hubby is thinking that God wants to kill us. [We know that Yahweh doesn't have it in for us but good grief!!!]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #535 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 4:38pm

And so begins another day offline waiting for someone to call. *snark* I'll be back after business hours or sooner if those phone calls come in.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #536 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 12:11am

And no one has called so I get to do the whole thing again tomorrow.... Angry

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #537 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 1:39am

Tell me about it, Evil Sis. The Hubby will be calling the furnace people tomorrow and giving them a nudge. The roofer will call when he is ready to start work. The weather is pretty good now so I'm hoping he will get to us fast.
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2006 at 1:40am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #538 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 5:22pm

Okay, the furnace is fixed. We have heat. We would have had it yesterday but the technician told his dispatcher that no one was at home when he got here. Yeah right.... Angry
We're still waiting to hear from the roofing contractor so.. *sigh*.. I'll be back later. Everyone be safe.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #539 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 6:35pm

THIS JUST IN:

Gods Willing and it isn't raining, the materials for the roof will be delivered on the 19th with work to start on the 20th. PLEASE petition the Gods for clear, dry and reasonably warm weather so they can get this done!

P.S. I'm baaacccckkkk....
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2006 at 6:36pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Foolkiller

Reply #540 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 7:24pm

Penthesilea wrote on Dec 12th, 2006 at 6:35pm:
THIS JUST IN:

Gods Willing and it isn't raining, the materials for the roof will be delivered on the 19th with work to start on the 20th. PLEASE petition the Gods for clear, dry and reasonably warm weather so they can get this done!

P.S. I'm baaacccckkkk....

I'm better at threatening and openly challenging the Gods to fistfights than petitioning Them.

So I'm thinking that maybe sitting this one out and crossing my fingers for ya would be more of a help.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #541 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 7:49pm

You have a point, Son. I really don't think a "once in a thousand years" blizzard would be helpful at this point.  Grin

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #542 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 8:06pm

I'm gonna log out and give the comp to MoonCat. Be back in a while.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #543 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 10:24pm

Now that the furnace is fixed -- it is about 3 feet from the edge of my circle -- I can put my stuff back up. I hope that by the time I have to let the "mundane" into the basement again, I'll be able to block off that part of the basement so nothing can be seen...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #544 - Dec 13th, 2006 at 12:03am

I've finished posting the current batch of Castle reposts. I'll start posting the next batch as soon as the rewrites are finished which should be in a day or two depending on how inspired I get. [Where is DK -- "Mr. Inspiration" -- when I need him?] Anyway, things are going along nicely. There is a lot of new stuff sprinkled in there so give it a look.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #545 - Dec 13th, 2006 at 6:21pm

Afternoon all! For those of you who weren't around last year, my Hubby works for the Postal Service. Tonight, he will be working his "super late" shift, arriving home, if there is no overtime, at about 3 a.m.   Shocked So I'll be on late tonight and sleeping in tomorrow morning!  Grin At least, that is the schedule at the moment. It is subject to change without notice.......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #546 - Dec 13th, 2006 at 11:48pm

I bet you do!  HUGS!!  Not many of those who were around the Castle last year are still around. I know the Darklord's heart is here even if the rest of him has to be elsewhere. Cry  And I'm hoping that Doc and DM have an easier time of it this year than they did last year!! As for me, now that the furnace is fixed and the roof replacement scheduled, the mad dash to get the shopping done begins tomorrow -- Gods willing and the USPS doesn't change Hubby's schedule for tomorrow.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #547 - Dec 14th, 2006 at 3:47am

Nite, Evil Sis. I still have a few hours to go.... *thud*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #548 - Dec 17th, 2006 at 12:34am

The Hubby has been looking at some of the stuff I've written for the novelization of Penthesilea's Castle. He says that the "naughty stuff" needs to be naughtier and there needs to be more of it. Looks like torrid love scenes with the Darklord are in my future....

And get your minds out of the gutter, people.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #549 - Dec 17th, 2006 at 2:21am

Hands Kaliani a Carbomb...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41
Send TopicPrint