Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic (personal)  T - Time Outs (Read 682 times)
Crystal Raven

Over the Hedge and Back
Again!

(personal)  T - Time Outs
Jul 16th, 2006 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Another method I use almost daily are Time Outs, for myself!!!
This is a great technique to getting back to being centered, calm, still and in the present moment.
If you have children, spouses, roomates or others living with you, you may have to explain your Time Outs to them. They will probably think your nuts but peace of mind is well worth it. Be sure to explain to them that this is sacred time...phones (turn the ringer off if you can) and doors will not be answered, children and spouses will not be tended to unless its a life or death situation etc. After all its only ten to fifteen minutes and they will live!

Some basic tools are needed:

A comfy chair, preferably near a window with a good view, but in a location that, if nescessary, you can keep an eye on small children.

A small table for your goodies.

A kitchen timer (to keep track of the minutes without having to consciously do so as well as for the ticking sound).

A textured blanket, pillow or something you can "feel" close to you.

Incense for scent.

A candle for sight.

A cup of coffee, tea or juice...preferably in a china teacup, special mug or fancy glass and if you want, a small snack (after all this is a treat!).

When life gets too hectic or you just need a few minutes, get the kids doing something to keep them busy with minimal supervision. Grab your coffee and cookies or whatever, sit in your special chair and set the timer for 10 - 15 minutes. Now breathe!!! Take a few moments to center and ground, take a few more moments to be in the present. Note what you see, hear, smell, taste and are touching, but most importantly check what you are feeling and if positive hang on to it, if negative let it go. Once your timer goes off stand up, take a final deep breath and stretch then tidy up your area so its ready for the next Time Out.

« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2006 at 1:45pm by Crystal Raven »  

&&Steal my avatar or sig and I will report hex you!!!&&&&*There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.*
YIM  
IP Logged

Crystal Raven

Over the Hedge and Back
Again!

Re: (personal)  T - Time Outs
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2006 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
yes, it also works well as just a regular "break"!!!

&&Steal my avatar or sig and I will report hex you!!!&&&&*There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.*
YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint