Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Bragging thread.. (Read 23603 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

The Bragging thread..
Aug 18th, 2006 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Here is the place for you to post news, updates and just general bragging about how great your furbabies are!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: The Bragging thread..
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2006 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Magdaline a.k.a. Maggie is doing better today. She is starting to play and the hummingbird feeder outside the living room windows is becoming endlessly fascinating. The other cats, however, are still convinced that Maggie is going to eat them....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2006 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Things got lively late last night. Much hissing and spitting and Hubby made the mistake of picking up an angry War Queen. She got him good -- in the neck and stomach. No feline blood was shed.  Today, the Hearth Queen and Maggie the Killer Calico shared our bed. The Queen at the foot of my side with Maggie on Hubby's pillow. The Hearth Queen did some glaring but finally they both took naps in peace. Cross your fingers folks!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2006 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Okay. Update: We have all four cats in the house. Maggie and the Hearth Queen are asleep on our bed. The Vampire Cat is under the sofa and the War Queen is pacing between the front and back doors demanding to be let out since she has refused to come into or stay in the house since Maggie took up residence. She has been eating and sleeping in the Guest House and Hubby has had enough. She is going to have to get used to the little cat!  Today promises to be interesting...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #4 - Aug 22nd, 2006 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Maggie is feeling a lot better. She has discovered the "jingle balls". They were Sassy's favorite "nonliving" toys and we have a lot of them around.  She is currently chasing a green one through the living/dining area. I hope that Sassy approves of her. The others are still adjusting. The Hearth Queen is doing the best. She and Maggie shared my bed for long naps yesterday. The War Queen and Vampire Cat are still protesting the new addition to the family. *sigh* At least there have been no fights....

IP Logged

Warden Dike

Sanctuary Sorta-Newbie

Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2006 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Ain't sibling rivalery grand!?!  How is Shadow coping?  Between Maggie and me, the poor thing is not going to be much in the mood to be a home body.  I still do not know what I did to her. Cool

Vengence Flies on Swift Wings
&&
League of Extraordinary Weirdos
&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2006 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Shadow is flatly refusing to come into our house. She is camped out in the Guest House -- I don't know what she is going to do when you get here! LOL On a positive note, Maggie went into the woods with Hubby, Vampire Cat and Shadow this morning and she managed to get within a foot of Shadow's nose without dire conseqences. VC is still skittish as hell, he has been since Sassy died -- and runs and hides whenever he sees Maggie. If she goes into heat before we can have her spayed -- can't do that until we get her all healthy! -- I predict that, neutered or not, VC will be a lot more receptive to Maggie's presence....

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Reply #7 - Aug 24th, 2006 at 12:41am
Print Post  
Then there's our cat, Shere Khan, the Great Grey Hunter.  I can never remember for sure how old he is.... Doc, is he 11 or 12?  He's a fat, happy, elderly cat stuck in a second kittenhood.  Lately he's been going after them Evil Mice that live behind the stove and under the couch.  Doc can tell you how many he's caught & killed, I think it's somewhere close to 20.  Khan creeped Doc out the other day when - for the first time EVER - he started gnawing on a mouse he'd caught.  Khan's never tried to eat them, he just plays with them to death. lol  Personally, I think he finally decided to find out what all the hoopla was about and just taste the damn thing.   Grin

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #8 - Aug 24th, 2006 at 12:49am
Print Post  
*giggle* I'm always finding "leftovers" on the front walk. Forequarters. Hindquarters. Innards..... When you keep predators as pets, it sort of comes with the terrritory. We don't know yet how good Maggie is as a mouser but it is obvious that she has spent some time outside.  The other cats hunt and kill regularly so if she doesn't know how to hunt, she soon will.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #9 - Aug 26th, 2006 at 3:37am
Print Post  
The War Queen and Maggie were both in the house for a little over six hours on Thursday night and while there was a LOT of hissing and spitting going on, no fur flew and no blood was shed so I'm thinking that we are making progress. We are done with the antibiotic - thank the Gods! -- and have only the ear mite medication to dose her with every other day. Maggie goes back to the vet on the 29th for her check up.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #10 - Aug 28th, 2006 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
The War Queen spent the night in the house last night. Real progress! Maggie is looking much better. She will see the vet tomorrow for her shots and we will schedule her spaying operation then too. No sign of her going into heat, thank the Gods!
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2017 at 11:28pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #11 - Aug 29th, 2006 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
We're back from the vet. Maggie is better and her weight is up to 5 pounds. On the downside, she still has a fever so we are doing another round of antibiotics. Lovely. And Nike, her next appointment is the 12th, while you are visiting. You can decide whether you want to go along with us or sleep in!  Grin
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2017 at 11:28pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Warden Dike

Sanctuary Sorta-Newbie

Reply #12 - Aug 30th, 2006 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Depends on what time Maggie's appointment is scheduled.  I will go, more than likely.  Please just allow me to properly sanitize myself, thank-you! Cool

&&
&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #13 - Aug 31st, 2006 at 12:31am
Print Post  
*giggle* Maggie's appointment is at 9:30 in the a.m. Time for proper "santizing" will be factored in...
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2017 at 11:29pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #14 - Aug 31st, 2006 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
We are slowly making progress. The War Queen came into the house to eat several times yesterday and the Vampire Cat, our lone male, is currently asleep on the same bed (mine) as the Dreaded Killer Calico, Maggie.
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2017 at 11:29pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #15 - Sep 1st, 2006 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
MORE PROGRESS!! The War Queen has come into the house, eaten a meal and is now asleep on my bed - something she has not done since Maggie arrived! She also came in early this morning -- after spending the night outside -- ate and went to sleep on my chest. I've missed that....
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2017 at 11:30pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Reply #16 - Sep 8th, 2006 at 2:21am
Print Post  
Sounds like she's finally starting to accept the new one... congrats!!

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #17 - Sep 8th, 2006 at 3:45am
Print Post  
After two days of refusing to come in, the War Queen came in about an hour ago and has been eating steadily -- with breaks in between --- and hasn't wanted to go back out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2017 at 11:31pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #18 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
And the Saga continues....

The War Queen got traumatized last night. *giggle* She somehow snuck into the Guest House and hid. She settled in for a long nap and no one knew that she was in the house. Our day done, Nike retired for the night. She was reaching over to turn out the light when she saw something standing in the doorway. Nike saw the War Queen. The War Queen saw Nike......  hehehehehehe No blood was shed but my big kitty was unnerved.

The Killer Calico got an almost clean bill of health. We discovered that she has tapeworms while waiting in the examining room for the vet. So our little lady got another shot in addition to her rabies vaccination. WE ARE ALL DONE WITH VET VISITS FOR A WHILE.  She still has to be spayed but we are going to wait a bit for that. The poor little thing has been through enough for a while!!
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2017 at 11:31pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Warden Dike

Sanctuary Sorta-Newbie

Reply #19 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
I had just finished reading my magazine, rolled over to turn out the light and in the doorframe was, none other than, The War Queen, herself.  I said, "Hi sweetie."  That caused Her Majesty to, literally, turn tail and run.  I followed her into the second bedroom, and spent twenty minutes trying to coax her to come out, so I could let her outside.  NO SUCH LUCK!  I returned to bed.  A few hours later, I felt her walking on top of the bed.  Guess she decided to check me out.  Reached over to pet her, and told her, "I am not going to hurt you, honey."  She did not buy it.  Once again she bolted towards the, afore mentioned, second bedroom.  Tried, AGAIN, to coax her out.  NO SUCH LUCK!  Anyone speak Feline out there?  If so, tell me how to say, "It is going to be okay."  Dazed and Confused.  Shocked
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2006 at 9:16pm by Penthesilea »  

&&
&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #20 - Sep 16th, 2006 at 11:28am
Print Post  
The War Queen is still being stubborn but Maggie and the Vampire Cat a.k.a. the Black Prince were actually playing this morning. There is hope!!
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2017 at 11:32pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #21 - Oct 10th, 2006 at 4:37am
Print Post  
Thought I had better bring you guys up to date. The War Queen came down with a pretty serious respiratory infection after Nike left, no doubt the result of her refusing to come in and eat and sleeping outside, which she normally doesn't do. We got her to the vet and after dosing Maggie through 2 rounds of antibiotics it was the War Queen's turn. She is now healthy. Maggie is also healthy and putting on a little weight now that the tapeworm is a thing of the past. The War Queen still hisses at Maggie whenever she sees her and Maggie just looks at her but Her Majesty is coming into the house for regular meals and to sleep. The enforced togetherness of the winter months should see the settling of any dominance issues among the cats. Maggie still has shown no sign of going into heat. We think that she may have had that tapeworm since kittenhood and its presence retarded her sexual development. At least, it is the only explanation we can come up with since the vet can't find any evidence that she has been spayed and it is VERY hard to overlook a "Queen" in heat!
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2017 at 11:33pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #22 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 4:52am
Print Post  
I thought I'd bring you all up to date. You all know about Sebastian by now.  Cry We will always love and miss him but Bast has provided us with another little boy who needs a home. We will be picking him up on Saturday from one of Hubby's co-workers. Miss Maggie and the War Queen, if not exactly bosom buddies, are at least sharing the house without hissing, spitting and tantrums on the part of the Queen. The little guy we are getting Saturday is still a kitten so we won't have the problems that occur when bringing an adult cat into an established (cat) household. There will be the typical "new kitten" problems but we are used to those. Since he is coming from a regular household he should have acquired some of the "skills" necessary to living in a house with people. He will be getting a new name and I'll introduce him here as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2017 at 11:34pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #23 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
He's here. He's under the sofa and shows no signs of wanting to come out. I'm thinking that the smell of food will coax him out of hiding eventually.  Grin I'm going to start putting together a name list -- and yes, Kaliani, "Samhain" (with the "Sam Hain" pronunciation) will be on the list!! -- and disinfecting the kitty carrier and thoroughly washing the towel that was in it since he had some... ahem... accidents on the way home! (See my post in "What's Happenin'?" for the messy details...)
He's young but not four weeks, thank the Gods!, so I'm not anticipating anything other than the usual problems with bringing a new kitten in. More details as I have them and pictures once I get a Photobucket account set up and loaded with kitty pictures.
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2017 at 11:34pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #24 - Oct 29th, 2006 at 1:22am
Print Post  
See my posts in the "What's Happenin?" thread for what he has been up to. Right now, he is asleep next to my feet under the table. And for the "Pet Forum" record, his name is Samson.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Send TopicPrint