Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Bragging thread.. (Read 23699 times)
Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Re: The Bragging thread..
Reply #150 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 4:40am
Print Post  
Well, I did a manipulative thing. I took the roomie to the local pet supply store, where one of the local rescue groups has reserved a bank of cages for rescued cats. We actually found one!

So, after making her stay in the cat room for twenty minutes, she decided it would be ok to bring home a new kitty.  (it was manipulative because she is quite traumatized even thinking about her kitty dying, much less doing any planning for it)

Our new kitty is three years old, female, declawed in front, and has had some sort of trauma that led to an amputated tail. She is cream colored, with brown ears, tail stub, and mask, with very blue eyes. The roomie has named her Bobi for the tail, and calls her boo bear.

Right now she is a very scared, thin baby. She is confined to the roomie's room with her cat so she can get used to being in a new place slowly, and we have her on both kitten and adult food. She growls and hisses a lot from fear, but hasn't offered to scrap with Scottie yet. He is terribly puzzled about her presence, but he hasn't offered to scrap with her yet either, so I guess he knows how scared she is.

I'm guessing a week in semi-isolation will be about right, as she has lived with cats and dogs before, but we shall see. When she calms down I will see about doing a group portrait of the furbabies.

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #151 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 5:39am
Print Post  
Poor but lucky baby. Smiley I'm sure that Scottie realizes that she's scared and she realizes that he's no threat.
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2011 at 1:18am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #152 - Feb 25th, 2008 at 2:32am
Print Post  
Judging from the yelling and various noises that Skywise is making, the War Queen really, REALLY needs to go out and kill something...... and will as soon as the weather improves and the prey is out.

I don't think that he'll need stitches...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #153 - Mar 2nd, 2008 at 2:04am
Print Post  
Spring is in the air. All the cats got high on catnip this afternoon. They were outside and I stuck my head out the backdoor to check on them and there was his little Lordship in the catnip bed -- which is covered with leaves at the moment -- pawing at the leaves and burrowing his nose into them. After a bit, he comes back in very frisky. Then the Hearth Queen, who indulges regularly, came in and went to sleep it off. The War Queen was still outside so I closed the glass door and went to sneak a read in one of my new books. Moonie was at the computer in the Dining Room when we both heard a solid "thud". Moonie investigated and found the War Queen sitting on the back steps looking a bit puzzled. She let her in and the Queen came into the bedroom and jumped up on me for a cuddle. The fur on her neck was damp and smelled of earth and mint....
Her Majesty had been rolling in it, got buzzed on the catnip and had then tried to bound through the closed glass door. The thud we had heard was her hitting the door. Smiley
Everyone is fine now.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #154 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 2:44am
Print Post  
I've been wanting to post this picture of the Lord of Samhain for ages but I hadn't had time to upload the picture to photobucket before tonight. MoonCat took this one of him on her bed. And yeah, that is part of her CD collection in the headboard behind him.  Moonie is the official "Keeper of CDs" around here...

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #155 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 2:24am
Print Post  
Well, Bobi is out and running around now. She, unlike the rest of the furbabies, is no respecter of other kitty's space. Where Lexy owns the kiddo's bed and room, and Makki owns our bed and room, Bobi roams at will on everyone's bed! She likes to jump up and run across D when he's sleeping too!

She and Lexy have been fussing a lot at each other. This makes sense, as they are the two females in the pride/pack.  Bobi is still a bit scared, but she is secure enough to fuss and then back off, instead of holding her ground like she was cornered. She has gained a little weight, so she now has some flesh over her ribs, so I feel better about that. I had thought she might have a navel hernia, but it turns out it was only a subcutaneous fat pocket (normal in animals) that was only apparent because she is so thin. It took a while before she let me check her tummy for abnormalities. I have slowly been checking everything on her, since the first time I tried to examine her  she was so scared she snapped at me. I wish I knew how and why she got so thin though. It is obvious from her skin that she used to carry more weight. Oh well, that is something I will never know. At least she is eating well and gaining weight. She is starting to shed less, and her fur is feeling less dry.

She has the most charming habit; when she is in my lap, if I speak she turns her little face up and looks me in the eyes while I am speaking, whether I am talking to her or not. And she likes to knead on bare skin. She will dig around or climb up on you to find it too, whichever seems easier to her at the time. LOL

Anyway, my rambling and all aside, she seems to bo doing well, and getting calmer every day.

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #156 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 2:35am
Print Post  
Pictures soon please! Bobi sounds adorable. I'm glad she is putting on weight and generally getting better.

IP Logged

Deirachel
Forum Administrator

Ego eo

Reply #157 - Mar 13th, 2008 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
I'm working on them....they don't want to stand still!

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #158 - Mar 13th, 2008 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
*giggle!* I hear you! Ours are always on the move too and never all of them in the same shot!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 
Send TopicPrint