Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Penthesilea's Castle... posts 5130 to 5282 (Read 1723 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Penthesilea's Castle... posts 5130 to 5282
Sep 28th, 2006 at 10:20pm

#5130  Penthesilea

The Ages Nightclub

*Kodiak "stepped" into The Ages at a place that he knew would be deserted. The club had been closed since Keil's raid and the disappearance and presumed death of "Silver Steele". Once his hangover was under control, Kodiak had been able to glean from Penthesilea's mind some sense of what had happened to her while he had been unconscious. The details were still pretty vague but he had the distinct impression that Dante had been there. Which would account for the state of inebriation that Dante had achieved so early in the evening. As he walked toward the table where Hassan and Dante sat, surrounded by Hassan's bodyguards, Kodiak took pity on his friend who was moaning under his breath about the loss of the beautiful singer.

Kodiak: Dante. *The man ignored him while Hassan just glared at him. Kodiak ignored Hassan for the moment. He knew his Lady would not want to see Dante so upset. Kodiak reached out to shake Dante. Hassan intercepted his hand.*

Hassan: Leave him alone. He is mourning the loss of a phenomenal woman. We all are. *Kodiak smiled slightly.*

Kodiak: I agree that my Lady is phenomenal but she would not want to see Dante in this state since she is very much alive. *That got Dante's attention.*

Dante: Alive? You say she's alive! *At Kodiak's nod, Dante leaped to his feet and grabbed the Darklord in an embrace that smelled strongly of expensive brandy. Before Kodiak could disengage him, Dante broke the embrace, held Kodiak at arm's length and stared at him.* "Your Lady?" You are her bonded? *Kodiak's grin and nod got him another alcohol scented embrace from the overjoyed club owner. Kodiak looked over at Hassan, whose handsome face had broke into a huge grin. With some difficulty, Kodiak managed to break free of Dante who immediately demanded the details of Penthesilea's condition and whereabouts. Kodiak gave both men all the information that he felt it was safe to give. His spirits restored, Dante returned to the interrupted work of repairing his club. Once he was gone, Kodiak and Hassan sat down and Kodiak told the other man everything that he and Penthesilea had learned while in Keil's employ and what had happened in the Palace the night before. When Kodiak was done, Hassan took out his phone and began to make calls while Kodiak reached for his Lady's mental touch....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Penthesilea's Castle... posts 5130 to 5282
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 10:22pm

#5132   Penthesilea

*Kodiak emerged from his communication with his Lady to find Hassan smiling at him.*

Hassan: She is well?

Kodiak: She is still sleeping but she's healing. *At that moment, Hassan's cellphone rang and he answered it.*

Hassan: I will take care of it. *He put away his phone and looked at Kodiak.* The Council has given the order. Keil's assets are to be seized and his people questioned. I'll be going to his mansion. Would you care to join me? *Kodiak's eyes began to glow ever so faintly as he rose from his chair.*

Kodiak: Of course.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 10:23pm

#224  Penthesilea

Penthesilea & Kodiak's Suite at the Temple...

*Still deep in her healing sleep, Penthesilea feels the anticipation in her Lord's heart as he prepares to move against those who serve the being that hurt her. She knows what he is, the good and the bad, and accepts him with her whole heart. She still cannot quite believe that such a man would choose her after all the long, empty centuries of her life....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 10:24pm

#5146  Penthesilea

Madridoor...

*As they drove to Keil's mansion with Hassan's forces, Kodiak pulled out his cellphone and began to find out how many of his special agents survived the previous night's debacle. When he hung up, he had the beginnings of a plan which he related to Hassan. As the Darklord talked, the vampire began to smile....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #4 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 10:24pm

#5159  Penthesilea

Meanwhile, back at the Castle...

*Hypatia was sitting at her desk going over the latest version of the Guest List when her assistant came in with a sealed tube.*

Assistant: This just came from the Oracle, mam. *Hypatia took the tube eagerly.*

Hypatia: We've been waiting for this. We can't set the date for the Handfasting until we know what the Oracles recommend. *She opens the tube and pulls out the scroll. As she reads, her face gets pale. *Blessed Gods!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #5 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 10:27pm

#5162  Penthesilea

*Hypatia looks to her assistant.*

Hypatia: We need to confirm this with Shankarika. Send a messenger at once! *The Assistant leaves to get it done.*
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2007 at 6:00pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #6 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 10:29pm

#5164  Penthesilea

*Shankarika arrives and wordlessly, Hypatia hands her the scroll.*

Shankarika: Can we do this?

Hypatia: We will have to. There is no alternative. I'll tell the Keyholder.
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2007 at 5:59pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #7 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 10:30pm

#5165  Penthesilea

*Hypatia found Penthesilea's mobile unit double in the Great Hall and handed her the scroll without preamble. The unit unrolled it and read: "If the Handfasting between the Lady and the Darklord does not take place on the Summer Solstice Dark Moon, it will never take place."

* The mobile unit looked up. She knew what Penthesilea would say.*

Mobile Unit: That doesn't give us much time. Let's get it done.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #8 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 10:31pm

#5178  Penthesilea

Keil's Mansion....

*Hassan's car pulled to the curb a safe distance from Keil's mansion. The rest of his men were already there waiting for their leader. Hassan and Kodiak left the car and with a nod to Kodiak, Hassan went to brief his men. The survivors of the warehouse security team -- the ones that had been off duty when the building went up -- were also there, waiting for Kodiak. Kodiak had already decided what story he would give them.*

Kodiak: Keil has double crossed us. He never intended to pay us. Once we were finished with the job, we were to be guests in the Pits under the house. *Kodiak was using his powers of persuasion but the lie didn't need much help. This sort of behavior was perfectly in character for a demon vampire and very demon vamp in the city who could afford it kept human slaves to supply blood. They prefered live prey to the blood supplied by the banks. He saw a ripple of revulsion go through the ranks. A man named Jack spoke for them all.*

Jack: What are we going to do about that, Darklord? *Kodiak looked at him with eyes that were beginning to glow red.*

Kodiak: The vampires's council has outlawed Keil. Hassan Khalid is leading a team in to clear out Keil's Pit. He has orders to put every demon vamp in Keil's employ to the sword. I intend to help with that. Care to join me? * As Kodiak expected, he had plenty of company. It took only a few moments to get organized and be sure everyone was properly armed. Then, with Kodiak in the lead they headed for the front door of the mansion....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #9 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 10:32pm

#5183  Salanthos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salanthos
*Assuring herself the boat was in good hands - one of them had sailed before, and they were headed towards land - Sal sank into the hard seat with a sigh. The tiring events and injuries of the last - how long had it been, a couple of days at least - washed over her. Sal closed her eyes and quietly slipped into unconciousness.*

*Sal stirred sluggishly, then forced her eyes open. It seemed her thoughts were moving slow as syrup, she had to struggle to focus. Madridoor, she was back in Madridoor. She had remained unconcious throughout the day, and the boat had docked hours earlier. In fact, it was night again.*

*She levered herself into sitting upright, and checked her wounds. All much better - she had always healed fast. They were still raw and painful, but no longer debilitating. She was still exhausted, though. Healing was very energy-intensive. As if reminding her of this, her stomach growled. Sal looked around and spotted a plate sitting next to her. Eating hungrily, she looked around to observe her surroundings.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #10 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 10:33pm

#5186  Penthesilea

Keil's Mansion

*Kodiak came through the door without knocking, his men on his heels and both of his swords drawn. At this gesture, the men spread out as one of Keil's lackeys came running up to Kodiak wearing a look of fear along with his "hunting face".

Vampire: Darklord! We're under attack. Hassan Khalid's people are in the Pit taking the slaves. *Kodiak's eyes are glowing like coals. He was going to enjoy what cames next.*

Kodiak: I'm aware of the situation.

Vampire: What can we do? *Kodiak grinned coldly and swung the sword in his right hand.*

Kodiak: Die. *The sword connected, neatly severing the vampire's head. He was dust instantly. All around Kodiak, vampires started to scream as his men began to cut them down. Kodiak moved deeper into the house. If Keil was here, Kodiak wanted to find him first.....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #11 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 10:44pm

#5199  Penthesilea

*Kodiak bled from a dozen wounds, none of them slowing him in the slightest. Being a demigod was definitely an advantage in combat when wounds that would formerly have slowed or stopped him were barely noticed. There was no sign of Keil and Kodiak was happy to vent his anger over that circumstance on any vampire stupid enough to challenge him.
A vampire charged Kodiak with an upraised machete. Kodiak stepped aside and slashed. The vampire's arm, machete still clenched in its hand, fell to the floor and turned to dust. Enraged, the vampire sidekicked Kodiak, sending him into the arms of a vampire behind him. The vampire caught Kodiak and, from behind, tried to drive his fangs into Kodiak's neck. Kodiak slammed his head backward, smashing the vampire's nose. The damage was minimal but it gave Kodiak the moment's respite he needed to break free. He spun, bringing up his sword and took the vampire's head. That vampire had no sooner fallen into dust than the newly one armed vampire charged again, intent on splitting the Darklord's skull! Kodiak spun again, putting all of his demi-god's strength into his swing. His sword caught the vampire below the ribs cutting him in two and barely missing the spine. The creature fell cursing vilely. Kodiak's sword rose and fell and he moved on, leaving a pile of dust behind him.
Mindful of what had happened to him before, Kodiak resisted the instinct to fight as vampires did among themselves, armed with only hands and feet and fangs as weapons. Too soon for Kodiak's taste, it was over. He walked through the silent halls and found Hassan in Keil's study. Of that vermin, there had been no sign. Instead, Hassan was questioning the vampire woman that had been in Penthesilea's charge the night before.

Hassan: Ah, my friend, you are just in time. This will interest you. *Turning to the woman.* Tell him what you told me. *The woman looked at Kodiak. Her gaze was a mixture of fear and lust. She wanted him and hoped that she could use her body to buy her continued existence.*

Woman: The blonde, your woman, I know where she is. *Kodiak smiled coldly.*

Kodiak: I'm listening.

Woman: She's at the Palace. Angelique de la Sang has her.

Kodiak: And how did my Lady get there? *Kodiak's eyes glowed even more fiercely than they had in combat and he brought his full powers of persuasion to bear on the vampire woman's will. She stood no chance.*

Woman: Keil wanted to be Prince of the City. Angelique said that she would support his bid in exchange for your woman.

Kodiak: Yes, I bet that she did. One last question. Where is Keil?

Woman: No one knows. He didn't come back here after the ship sank. * The woman sensed that her time was running out and turned her best seductive wiles on Kodiak.* I only did what Keil wanted me to do! Please, Darklord, spare me! I would be very grateful. *She twisted slightly so that Kodiak could get a good view of what she was offering. She was a cheap tart in a lady's clothes. Overblown and tawdry. She disgusted him. Still, to torment her, Kodiak pretended to consider and examined her thoroughly with hands and eyes. When he was done, he smiled cruelly, his eyes blazing.*

Kodiak: I'm afraid, my dear, that you do not meet the standard that my Lady has set. You will be distressed to hear that she is quite alive and will be in my arms shortly while you, *the stake in his hand seemed to appear from nowhere* will be dead! *She had time enough to know death was coming but not enough time to scream before Kodiak drove the stake through her unbeating heart. Then he looked at Hassan who had watched the whole exchange with approval.* I'll be in touch. Right now, I've been too long from my Lady's side.

Hassan: Of course! *He smiled.* Would that I had such a woman to return to. *Kodiak nodded and left the room. He gave orders to his surviving men and then found the nearest concealing shadow and "stepped" to their suite at the Temple where Penthesilea waited for him.... *
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2006 at 11:15pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #12 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 10:45pm

#5222  Penthesilea

Meanwhile, back at the Castle...

*With the date for the Handfasting set, Hypatia took charge of the arrangements since the Mother of the Bride was no longer living and the bride herself was more familiar with the intricacies of a military campaign than she was with a formal Handfasting. Hypatia put in a rush, rush, RUSH order with a Chandaran printing firm for the 2,500 invitations, envelopes, response cards and other printed goods that the Keyholder would need. The guest list wasn't that long -- yet -- but some of the invitations would be ruined in addressing and there would be no time for a second print run. The envelopes would have to be hand addressed -- no machine or magickal addressing allowed -- and the search was on for people with sufficiently good handwriting to handle that task. She sent word to Miranda and the castle seamstresses that the gowns for the Lady -- she was going to need two -- his Lordship's clothes and the gowns for MoonCat and SpiritFire were to be given the highest possible priority. She made a note that the attendants for the bride and groom would have to be chosen quickly so that they could be outfitted. She supposed that the Darklord would chose the Lord Marshall as his best man. She had no idea who the Keyholder would chose to attend her. Since the last attempt to poison Daemon, Satira had kept him in her tower and had rarely left it herself. Hypatia had heard stories about the Keyholder's brother and she didn't think that he was going to remain cooped up for long -- whether Satira liked it or not!
Hypatia shook her head. Satira's hostility toward the Darklord was an open secret around the Castle. What she would do once he was Penthesilea's Consort and Lord (whatever title was eventually decided on!) was a subject of open, if discreet, speculation. She put those thoughts aside. She didn't have time to wonder about the mysterious Satira. There was too much to do. With the preliminary guest list in hand, Hypatia headed for the kitchens. They had a wedding feast to plan and at least some of the guests were going to be vampires!*

« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2007 at 10:37pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #13 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 11:18pm

#5224  Salanthos
Quote:
*She levered herself into sitting upright, and checked her wounds. All much better - she had always healed fast. They were still raw and painful, but no longer debilitating. She was still exhausted, though. Healing was very energy-intensive. As if reminding her of this, her stomach growled. Sal looked around and spotted a plate sitting next to her. Eating hungrily, she looked around to observe her surroundings.*

*Sal swung her feet to the floor, and started to stand. She had been on a bed in a clean, well-furnished room. Across the room, one of the doors stood slightly ajar. Still favoring her leg a little, Sal crossed the cold, wooden floor to look through to the adjoining room. Mattie and the other former slaves were sitting in the room, which was identical to hers, talking in low voices. They stopped as she entered, looking surprised she was walking about.*

[insert dialogue wherein Sal gets the gist of what has happened since conking out, draws some conclusions, etc. I'll write it up later, I swear - this was supposed to be posted yesterday.]

*Focusing, Sal finds the path for walking between-the-worlds, going back to the castle. Making sure everything is ready, she forms the opening in front of her, and they go through. A moment later, the room is completely empty. Sal arrives back at the castle.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #14 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 11:32pm

#5231  Penthesilea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penthesilea
     *Kodiak bled from a dozen wounds, none of them slowing him in the slightest. Being a demigod was definitely an advantage in combat when wounds that would formerly have slowed or stopped him were barely noticed. There was no sign of Keil and Kodiak was happy to vent his anger over that circumstance on any vampire stupid enough to challenge him.
     A vampire charged Kodiak with an upraised machete. Kodiak stepped aside and slashed. The vampire's arm, machete still clenched in its hand, fell to the floor and turned to dust. Enraged, the vampire sidekicked Kodiak, sending him into the arms of a vampire behind him. The vampire caught Kodiak and, from behind, tried to drive his fangs into Kodiak's neck. Kodiak slammed his head backward, smashing the vampire's nose. The damage was minimal but it gave Kodiak the moment's respite he needed to break free. He spun, bringing up his sword and took the vampire's head. That vampire had no sooner fallen into dust than the newly one armed vampire charged again, intent on splitting the Darklord's skull! Kodiak spun again, putting all of his demi-god's strength into his swing. His sword caught the vampire below the ribs cutting him in two and barely missing the spine. The creature fell cursing vilely. Kodiak's sword rose and fell and he moved on, leaving a pile of dust behind him.
     Mindful of what had happened to him before, Kodiak resisted the instinct to fight as vampires did among themselves, armed with only hands and feet and fangs as weapons. Too soon for Kodiak's taste, it was over. He walked through the silent halls and found Hassan in Keil's study. Of that vermin, there had been no sign. Instead, Hassan was questioning the vampire woman that had been in Penthesilea's charge the night before.

Hassan: Ah, my friend, you are just in time. This will interest you. *Turning to the woman.* Tell him what you told me. *The woman looked at Kodiak. Her gaze was a mixture of fear and lust. She wanted him and hoped that she could use her body to buy her continued existence.*

Woman: The blonde, your woman, I know where she is. *Kodiak smiled coldly.*

Kodiak: I'm listening.

Woman: She's at the Palace. Angelique de la Sang has her.

Kodiak: And how did my Lady get there? *Kodiak's eyes glowed even more fiercely than they had in combat and he brought his full powers of persuasion to bear on the vampire woman's will. She stood no chance.*

Woman: Keil wanted to be Prince of the City. Angelique said that she would support his bid in exchange for your woman.

Kodiak: Yes, I bet that she did. One last question. Where is Keil?

Woman: No one knows. He didn't come back here after the ship sank. * The woman sensed that her time was running out and turned her best seductive wiles on Kodiak.* I only did what Keil wanted me to do! Please, Darklord, spare me! I would be very grateful. *She twisted slightly so that Kodiak could get a good view of what she was offering. She was a cheap tart in a lady's clothes. Overblown and tawdry. She disgusted him. Still, to torment her, Kodiak pretended to consider and examined her thoroughly with hands and eyes. When he was done, he smiled cruelly, his eyes blazing.*

Kodiak: I'm afraid, my dear, that you do not meet the standard that my Lady has set. You will be distressed to hear that she is quite alive and will be in my arms shortly while you, *the stake in his hand seemed to appear from nowhere* will be dead! *She had time enough to know death was coming but not enough time to scream before Kodiak drove the stake through her unbeating heart. Then he looked at Hassan who had watched the whole exchange with approval.* I'll be in touch. Right now, I've been too long from my Lady's side.

Hassan: Of course! *He smiled.* Would that I had such a woman to return to. *Kodiak nodded and left the room. He gave orders to his surviving men and then found the nearest concealing shadow and "stepped" to their suite at the Temple where Penthesilea waited for him.... *

#228   Penthesilea

Penthesilea & Kodiak's Suite at the Temple...

*Penthesilea senses Kodiak's state through the bloodbond and it rouses her from her sleep. She is awake when he arrives, his eyes still glowing with battle lust. She waves the attending priestess away and holds her arms out to him. She has known the same battle lust and its aftermath... another kind of lust that boils the blood. He comes to her and all else is forgotten...

#5231 - Part 2    Penthesilea
(This post occurs one week after Part 1)

*The week after the sinking of Andreas Keil’s cargo ship and the death of Prince Palamedes was one of shock for the people of Madridoor. Once Keil’s house had been seized, the vampire council found evidence that Keil not only intended to addict the human population of Madridoor to Black Lotus but had formed a shadow vampire council composed of demon-vampires! Once he had gained control of the human population, the demon vampires under his leadership had intended to wipe out the other vampires and turn Madridoor into one vast slave Pit.
     The humans of Madridoor were told nothing of this. of course. As far as the public knew, the Prince and his lady, Angelique, had been murdered on Keil’s orders and that he was at the head of a conspiracy to take over the government. It was announced that most of the conspirators had been killed in the warehouse fire or had committed suicide when the authorities had come to arrest them. In reality, the vampire council had ordered every demon vampire in East Madridoor and on Madridoor Island put to the sword. This was the work in which Kodiak and Penthesilea assisted. Both of them felt, correctly, that having the council know who had smashed the plot -- the Lady Keyholder of the new country of Valcaria and her soon to be Consort -- would be a strong move politically. By the end of the week, Hassan Ben Asad Khalid had been elevated to Prince of the City since the late Palamedes had left no heirs. The formal investiture would be in a few weeks but Hassan had already assumed his duties. There was, however, one celebratory event that would occur before the formalities. The re-opening of The Ages and the “One Night Only” return performance of a special singer....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #15 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 11:34pm

#5235  Penthesilea

*The streets outside The Ages were packed. The news that the presumed dead singer, Silver Steele was in fact alive had electrified the city. Rumors swirled through the city. How had she survived? Who had been responsible for her disappearance? What would she do now that she was back?
“Silver” was escorted into The Ages under heavy guard. Kodiak was no where in evidence. They had planned a surprise for the people of Madridoor and it wouldn’t do to give it away too soon!
     There was to be one show only and by invitation but select members of the media and their cameras were permitted inside. Penthesilea took the stage to a standing ovation before she even opened her mouth. She caught a glimpse of Kodiak standing near the bar, where he had said that he would be, and smiling, she began her first selection. Her audience was rapt and she sang as she never had before. Then, after one last costume change that saw her wearing a midriff baring long sleeved blouse, Macedonian vest and low cut pants all in black, she took the microphone and addressed the audience.

Penthesilea: Ladies and gentlemen. Honored guests. This will be my final performance. I’m retiring from professional singing. *Cries of denial were shouted from the floor. She held up her hand, smiling.* My beloved has come for me and we are returning home to be handfasted. But I will not be gone forever. I will be returning in a few weeks for the formal investiture of Prince Hassan in my official capacity as Lady Keyholder of Valcaria. *THAT sent a gasp through the crowd and Penthesilea waited until the noise died down.* My Lord is a man of varied and extraordinary talents but he cannot sing to save his life! So I will sing for us both. *With that, the house lights went down as Penthesilea took her place and, out in the audience by the bar, Dante had slipped Kodiak his perfectly tuned guitar. Most of the music and special sound effects came from the music tech’s board but the audience quickly realized that the guitar line was coming from somewhere other than the stage. Penthesilea’s cue came and she sang....

Moon so bright, night so fine,
Keep your heart here with mine
Life’s a dream we are dreaming.

Race the moon, catch the wind,
Ride the night to the end.
Seize the day, stand up for the Light!

I want to spend my lifetime loving you
If that is all in life I ever do.

*In the darkened house, a single spotlight came on shining down on a black clad guitarist sitting by the bar. The vampires in the crowd quickly detected the bloodbond between the singer and the guitarist. A few others recognized the guitarist as the Darklord Kodiak. Word spread through the crowd and the media began to turn at least some of their cameras on him as well. In the darkness to one side of Kodiak, Dante, ever the romantic and the showman, beamed.*

Through our joy, through our pain
We can move worlds again.
Take my hand, dance with me!

If that is all in life I ever do!
I will want nothing else to see me through
If I can spend my lifetime loving you!

Though we know we will never come again
Where there is love, life begins
Over and over again!

Save the night, save the day.
Save the love come what may
Love is worth everything we pay!

If that is all in life I ever do!

*Penthesilea repeated the previous two lines as she put all that she felt for her beloved into the song..*

I will want nothing else to see me through
If I can spend my lifetime...loving you..

*Penthesilea’s voice died into silence as the room erupted into a standing ovation. The house lights came up and she could see Kodiak smiling at her as he slung his guitar over his back. She put the microphone in the stand, walked to the edge of the stage and jumped off. Then she walked through the crowd to where he stood. Anyone who had not yet guessed that he was her beloved now had no doubt. She came into his arms and wrapped her arms around his neck as they kissed and he lifted her clear of the floor.*

Penthesilea: (inspeaking) Let’s go home, beloved.
*Kodiak said nothing as he “stepped” them away to the Castle. Home.

[You will find this song, “I Want To Spend My Lifetime Loving You” sung as a duet on The Mask of Zorro soundtrack. Music by James Horner, Lyrics by Will Jennings. Copyright 1998 TSP Music, Inc. Triple Star Music, Inc., Blue Sky Ryder Songs, administered by Irving Music and Horner Music. ]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #16 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 11:35pm

#5254  Penthesilea

The Castle

(This post occurs the morning after Penthesilea's final performance at The Ages.)

*The Mobile Unit and Aphrodite's double of Kodiak went down to breakfast together while the real Penthesilea and Kodiak remained in her bedchamber. They knew that they were going to have to reclaim their places soon now that there was no compelling reason for them to avoid it. So they decided that they would appear at the noon meal after being briefed by their doubles. Then the Mobile Unit would assume a new identity and join the household. Aphrodite's magickally created double of the Darklord had been in existence so long that she hesitated to dispell him and she had decided to find a place for him in one of her Temples on another continent.
Knowing that their time together was short and it would be late before they could be alone again, they made the most of it.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #17 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 11:36pm

#5265  Penthesilea

(This occurs the morning after Penthesilea's final performance at The Ages while she and Kodiak are "sleeping in".)

*Hypatia’s assistant entered her office and handed her a sheet of paper.*

Assistant: This just came from Lord Duncan’s office in Hidden Bay. It seems a little sparse on the Darklord’s side. *Hypatia read over the document.*

Hypatia: Darklord Kodiak and Lord Cujon are orphans. They were separated in childhood and neither of them remember their parents. The Darklord also has gaps in his memory due to combat injuries. Some places don’t have the benefits of modern medical technology. *She handed it back. * Tell Lord Duncan’s office that they can release it immediately.
==============================================
Duncan of Aragorn
Lord of Hidden Bay
announces the engagement of his daughter
Penthesilea MoonFire of Aragorn,
Clan Swordkin of Themyscira
Lady Keyholder of Valcaria
to
The Darklord
Kodiak

The Handfasting is to be celebrated
on the
Summer Solstice Dark Moon
at the
Plenilune Zenith Cathedral of Valcaria

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #18 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 11:37pm

#5274  Penthesilea

*After a thorough briefing by their doubles, Kodiak and Penthesilea returned to life in the Castle acting as if they had never been gone and were immediately swept up in handfasting planning. Lord Cujon snagged his younger brother immediately after lunch much to Penthesilea's amusement. She reminded her future brother in law that both he and Kodiak had fittings to see to and that they'd better get them done pronto or face the wrath of Miranda! As for Penthesilea herself, she went to her rooms to collect those items of armor that she would wear to the ceremony and then headed for the special workroom that Miranda and the Castle seamstresses had set up to accommodate all the work that had to be done in very little time! Thanks to Penthesilea's forsight, her reception gown and those of her daughters were nearly complete. All that remained for them were their gowns for the ceremony that had to be simple since they were to be worn under their armor. Penthesilea's dress armor was silver with the engraving highlighted with black. Miranda had sighed and agreed that a simple black gown would be the best choice to go under it. Since Kodiak would also be wearing black, they would match. Penthesilea had laughed at Miranda's expression and reminded her that she had managed to get MoonCat and SpiritFire into color and the Cathedral's High Priestess Karika was having new robes made as well. A simple, black closely fitted gown would be finished quickly leaving more time for the more elaborate clothing that needed to be made!
     Penthesilea then patiently endured much putting on and taking off of clothing as Miranda strived for perfection all the while thinking of Kodiak and their future together.*
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2007 at 6:56pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #19 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 11:38pm

#5280  Penthesilea

*While Penthesilea stood patiently as Miranda pinned up her hem again, she became aware of a disturbance at the edge of her awareness. When she tried to pin it down, she found that the source of it was her brother. He was not a happy man and, after a little prodding, he explained what was bothering him. Satira was being overprotective and, unfortunately, she had to power to enforce her protectiveness. Penthesilea could sympathize with Satira. The possibility of losing someone so dearly loved was terrifying and Satira had no experience with this particular sort of loss. On the other hand, death was not the only way to lose a loved one.  Daemon was a proud, fierce man, a warrior to the depths of his being, and being cooped up in a tower under guard by his woman was grating on that pride. Add to that, his demigod nature which demanded freedom to the point of obsession, and you had a recipe for, at the very least, heartbreak. Penthesilea had often wished that Daemon was less reckless but she also knew that, as a son of Ares, his life would not, could not end until the thread of his life was cut. And when the time of cutting came, not even Satira's power could prevent it. Daemon was close to bolting the Castle and if he Farwalked he could be damned hard for Satira to find -- especially if Ares decided to hide him. Daemon was sworn to Ares and sooner or later, the Wargod would have a task for him. When that happened, Satira's wishes would take second place. Just as they had when he had gone to Bar-Arack to seek out the source of their troubles. Inwardly, Penthesilea sighed and sent her brother a hug...*
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2007 at 10:41pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #20 - Sep 28th, 2006 at 11:38pm

#5282  Salanthos

Quote:
*Focussing, Sal finds the path for walking between-the-worlds, going back to the castle. Making sure everything is ready, she forms the opening in front of her, and they go through. A moment later, the room is completely empty. Sal arrives back at the castle.*

(This post occurs one week after the one quoted.)

*Sal was up and around again, trying to lend a hand for the wedding preparations. She had spent the last week resting and healing from the adventures in Madridoor, but once healed, she wanted something to do. She had never been the sort to sit around and do nothing, even if it had gotten her into some rather - interesting - situations in the past. Not that she anticipated any such here. Shaking her head at her thoughts, Sal walked over to help write lists up.*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint