Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Building Penthesilea's Castle (Read 8618 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Building Penthesilea's Castle
Reply #50 - Jan 27th, 2007 at 3:04am
Print Post  
Thanks. Hugs. All I'm good for at the moment is gluing little sticks down. I'm hoping once thiis "whatever I have" moves on, I can come up with something that won't drive me TOO crazy.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #51 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 5:47am
Print Post  
Work has been delayed due to winter storms and some unexpected work on the site. I'm still trying to decide on a design for the floor of the Knights' Tower and I'm still gluing down little sticks!  Grin

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #52 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
I haven't forgotten about this -- it's hard to forget a 2 x 2 sheet of plywood sitting on a pair of bar stools in the middle of the kitchen! -- I've just been busy with work on the site and trying to figure out how to do what I want to do with this section of the Castle. Once I have it figured out, I'll be able to use the same technique throughout the Castle. I went to see what Hirst Arts had on the subject but no one appears to have tackled a project quite like this one. Big castles: yes. Interconnecting buildings with different ceiling heights: no. I want to have it figured out before I start gluing things together because if I mess up, I'll have to start over with a fresh piece of plywood and I WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE TO DO THAT!! So, I stare at the thing and try out different things in my head while making dinner.
Skywise has started making "When are you going to move that out of the kitchen?" noises so I'll be doing that soon too and I should before it gets too big and heavy to get down the stairs.

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #53 - Mar 22nd, 2007 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
"when are you going to move that out of the kitchen", well....."when is the computer center going in the basement?" might be a good response. LMAO

Yes, you probably should move it before it gets to the hernia stage! Besides, pizza and spaghetti on the walls of the castle would be hard to get out, and look terrible in photos! Grin

I was wondering if you had looked at pre-made parquet floors--the decorative type--sold for dollhouse building. That may be a partial solution to the floor dilemma, as you could maybe use an inlaid medallion, and do the skinny stick flooring around it. Also, dollhouses come in different scales, so you may be able to find something you like, and incorporate it into a larger design.

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #54 - Mar 22nd, 2007 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Considering the number of floors I'm going to have to do.. Smiley I'll probably have to do that. Especially for the Ballroom. Gods willing, we will get a desk for the basement picked out on Saturday. I already know that it likely wouldn't fit in the car so we will have to wait for delivery. By this time next week I do hope...

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #55 - Mar 22nd, 2007 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Don't forget that office max and staples may deliver for free, and may even do it "next business day" as well. I have basic scholl supplies delivered here every year for the kiddo, since the delivery is free if you spend $50 or more. Also, you might think about local second-hand shops, like goodwill or salvation army stores. You can often find great deals on stuff that way.

Ok, returning thread to the regularly scheduled program. LOL

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #56 - Mar 25th, 2007 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Grin We didn't find anything we both liked and Skywise has ideas. I'm getting myself mentally prepared to build what we need...

And now... back to the Castle....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #57 - Apr 25th, 2007 at 1:23am
Print Post  
I thought that I should probably update this. I've moved the project into the basement. Aside from taking up a lot of room in the kitchen -- which is none too big -- "stuff" was being stacked on it which kept me from working on it. So. It is in a temporary spot in the basement where I can at least work on it. I'm still putting the floor down in the Training Hall....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #58 - Aug 26th, 2007 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
No, I haven't forgotten about this! It is impossible to forget it, I walk past it every time I go to my divination table! I just haven't had the time this summer -- as usual -- to concentrate on it and I'm at the "gotta get it right the first time or it's ruined" point. So, I'll be getting back to it when I can give the next step my full attention.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #59 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 3:45am
Print Post  
I ran into some technical problems which I "think" I've figured and one insurmountable one -- the mindblowing SIZE of the finished model!  I still want to make "parts" of it but writing the books has forced this project onto the back burner.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint