Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Daily Draw (Read 4828 times)
Bethra

Tarot, Empath, and Paranormal
Forum MODS

Daily Draw
Oct 15th, 2006 at 2:03am
Print Post  
I figured I'd start this thread here. Doing a daily draw of a tarot card can help in a number of ways. Espechialy when it comes to learning and becoming familier with your cards. One card a day allows you to really go deeply into the meanings of the cards, picking out symbols and images within the cards to help you recall what they mean in letter readings. It can also help you work out what issues you must address every day and what you need to be looking out for over the corse of the day. Anyone who wants to join in with this is most welcome we can share interpritations and learnings as we go along. I will include pictures of each card I draw aswell as a detailed discription and a full  meaning of the card. Since my deck is a story deck I will also include the lessons of the cards place in the story.

Card of the Day October 15th 2006

The Grail Hermit aka The Hermit

Description: A forest clearing in which the Grail Hermit has his dwelling. He sits outside his bothy, writting in his book. His flowering staff grows mearby, while on an engraved menhir a dove roosts. The dove represents the soul. The reflective expresion upon the Hermits face epitomises his inward seeking. The general energy of this card is of reflection and intropection.

Background: The Grail tradition in Arthurian legend springs from two sources: from native stories about the cauldron and verious regenerative vessels, and from the apocryphal stories which grew up from the amalgamation of Pagan and Christian traditions.

In both of these, a kingly hermit plays a central part. Medieval legend, drawing upon Bran the Blessed and the sacred wounding of the king, portrayed Brons as the Grail guardian. Christian tradition supplied Joseph of Arimathea and the lineage of hermits who sprang from him.

These relics have been variously described as the two cruets which contsained the blood and water from the side of Christ or the Cup of the Last Supper. Both traditions merged, and in the fullness of time they became grafted into the Grail legends.

The Grail Hermits of Arthurian legend fulfil a necessary task in the quest, admonishing the lazy, explaining the significance of the wonders which are encountered and providing welcome rest and shelter from the rigours of the search.

The seamless garment of tradition has wrought the twin realities of the Pagan and Christian visions into a dynamic and potent mythos. For while the Celtic Cauldron is the object of individual kings and heros, all people are included within the dispensation of the Christian Grail. The combined Grail tradition is open to all people of good will and intent, who are invited to go and search for the life-giving cup.

This mystery is at the heart of the Grail legends and is implicit within the mythos of the Celtic god, Mabon - whose name was sometimes interchangeable with that of Christ in British tradition. The Grail Hermit frequently features as the co-fosterer, with the Lady of the Lake, of the Grail winner.

Archetypal Meaning: The Grail Hermit represents the keeper and transmitter of esoteric lore. Neither Druid nor Priest, as hermit he meditates the functions of both. His book is opened to all who go on the inner quest. It warns them of the dangers and terrors which await them, but it also comforts and sustains those who loose their way on the path of spiritual renewal. His dove goes on before to guide seekers, while his staff steadies their failing steps.

Divinatory Meaning: Guidance, spiritual truth, illumination, wisdom, counsel - espechialy from older or wiser people, introspection, a necessary space for reassessment, inner companionship, maturity, the voice of conscience or one's guardian angel / spirit.

Hermit.jpg ( 219 KB | Downloads )
Hermit.jpg

I accept chaos. I am not sure whether it accepts me. ~ Bob Dylan&&&&Questing Spirit, Multi Faith and Spiritual Forums
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Bethra

Forum MODS

Re: Daily Draw
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2006 at 12:53am
Print Post  
Card of the Day October 16th 2006

The Sleeping Lord aka Jugdment

Description: The gigantic figure of the Sleeping Lord lies as a hill, incorporated into the land itself. On his thigh stands the youthful hero blowing a horn. All about the landscape, people of many kinds, ages and eras rise out of their tombs and barrows. The look upwards to a great eagle which flies overhead.

Background: Consistant within Arthurian tradition is the assertion that Arthur will come again. Many hills and sites have been associated with this legend, and stories have been told about daring individuals who enter the Hollow Hills to discover Arthur and his court asleep there in. Usually the finder is given the opportunity to summon Arthur from sleep by blowing a horn, drawing the sword from its scabbard, or cutting the baldric which lies near the king. But though he is tempted to do so, the finder usually returns to his own world without doing this, because Arthur may only be awakened in the time of Britain's greatest need.

The undying legend of Arthur is a story of regeneration and perpetual defence of the land, a role which has been applied to many military leaders, monarchs and heroes who throughout the history of Brit\in have attracted similar legends.

The return of Arthur is a prophesied event which can happen at the changing of the tides of time, at the turning of the aeons. It can happen, has happened and will happen within the circles of eternity. Time is not what we have understood it to be and the ways of regeneration are wonderful and mysterious to us.

Archetypal Meaning: The Sleeping Lord represents abiding promise of renewal. He indicates the apocatastasis - the point where creation is drawn back to its origins and remade. When Arthur or any salvific figure comes again, the times are understood to be at their end and their beginning. Those who partake of the mysteries are liberated from time into unknown existence governed by the Dwellers of Avalon.

Divinatory Meaning: Renewal, resurrection, recapitulation of events or idea, prophetic vision, ending or beginning, forgivness, adjustment, recovery of that which has been lost sight of, impulse to change one's life.

What this card means to me today: Coming hot on the heals of yesterdays Hermit card I think this is quite prophetic a card. Yesterday was time for inward seeking today is time for illumination and walking a new path. Yesterday I felt the Hermit card had a message for Penth aswell as myself and I am still feeling that these cards are talking to her also today. Smiley

Judgment.jpg ( 205 KB | Downloads )
Judgment.jpg

I accept chaos. I am not sure whether it accepts me. ~ Bob Dylan&&&&Questing Spirit, Multi Faith and Spiritual Forums
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2006 at 2:14am
Print Post  
I get the feeling the Gods are hitting me over the head...
Which is usually what I need. I can be dense.
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2006 at 2:24am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Bethra

Forum MODS

Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 2:38am
Print Post  
Card of the Day October 17th 2006

The Star

Description: A hill-fort at night. Two watchmen, one asleep, are witness to a dragon-shaped comet which rushes across the sky, breaking through the constellation of the Great Bear. From its mouth streams two rays of light. A cockerel proclaims the hope which is to come, although it is not yet dawn.

Background: In his History of the Kings of Britain, Geoffrey of Monmouth writes about a meteor in dragon shape which appeared over Logres. Uther called Merlin to interpret this omen. Merlin immediately announced the death of Ambrosius Aurelianus, and urged Uther to become High King of Britain. The dragon was interpreted as being Uther himself and the two rays which came from the dragon's mouth signified his son, Arthur, whose dominion would be great, and Uther's daughter Anna, whose sons and grandsons would be kings of Britain. Uther immediately ordered the making of two golden dragons, one of which he gave to the cathedral of Winchester and the other of which he carried into battle.

The dragon-star then heralds the coming of the Pendragons, and the golden dragon which Uther has made is the draco standard which is carried into battle as a sign of hope and victory.

Throughout the history of Logres, the hope of the people is ever renewed as the tides of time ebb and flow. At the conclusion of Arthur's reign, when all seems in despair, hope rises of a new coming which is both resurrection and a new birth at once. When all seems dark, the dty of the seeker is to look ever for signs of renewal, to be vigilant at all times, to encourage the down-hearted and strengthen the doubtful.

Archetypal Meaning: The Star of Prophecy represents the springs of hope in the land of Logres. The seeker is bidden to be watchful and faithful in his or her service, ready to sublimate his or her energies to all manifestations of justice, truth and integrity.

Divinatory Meaning: Hope, renewal, the begginning of a new cycle, inspiration, faith born of desire and trust, love of another's good, refreshment, the raising of popular consciousness.

What this card means to me today: This is beginning to get a bit spooky now LOL. So far I've drawn nothing but Major Arcana cards and all seam to have a perfect progresion. First the Hermit and his inward seeking, then Judgment and its promise of renewal, now we have the Star and its offer of guiding hope. The Hermit can be quite a dark period in life and Judgment can also be a dark period since it only comes when it is most required, now the Star comes hot on their heels offering a glimmering light in the darkness. Fabulous card to have after two so very dark ones. I hope this card uplifts you Penth as it does for me. It is always a hopfull omen.

http://questingspirit.co.uk/forums/viewthread.phpaction=attachment&tid=358&pid=3...
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2006 at 1:39am by Bethra »  

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #4 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 2:45am
Print Post  
It really does. Hope has been hard to hold onto the last couple of months.  Cry I hope this means that the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer.

IP Logged

Bethra

Forum MODS

Reply #5 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 3:24am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Oct 17th, 2006 at 2:45am:
It really does. Hope has been hard to hold onto the last couple of months.  Cry I hope this means that the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer.

LOL lets also hope its not the oncoming train LOL

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #6 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 3:31am
Print Post  
That goes without saying!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #7 - Oct 17th, 2006 at 4:48am
Print Post  
Okay, I'm eating dinner now and I've given the card a more thorough look. I'm not worried about the "train". It ran over me back in July. I'm taking this to mean that my actions so far have been the right ones and what I have done will start to show results fairly soon. Victory sounds really good especially since there are those who think that they have already won the day in this situation. They haven't. Not while I'm still breathing..
Like you, I'm finding this spooky in light of my reading. Needless to say, I'm very interested in tomorrow's card....

IP Logged

Bethra

Forum MODS

Reply #8 - Oct 18th, 2006 at 12:59am
Print Post  
Ok I think I have to do a quick post of the card I drew for today and run. A bottle of red wine down my gullet is not generaly condusive to sensable posting LOL Anything I write about the card will probably degenerate into "owww look at the pretty picture" LOL but anyway here's the card I drew today.

Card of the Day October 18th 2006

Stone Four aka Four of Penticals

Description: Beneath a striated hill, a great treasure, including a gamming board, is revealed.

Background: The Thirteen Treasures of Britain (I did a D&D campagne baised on this) (sorry I warned you about the wine LOL)are those empowering objects of the land. Whoever holds them is ruler of the land, and hence many of the Hallows descend into modern usage as the regalia of the monarch.

Meaning: Earthly power, conscientious ambition, material gain, possessiveness, selfishness, spiritual miserliness, time to be generous with others. This is the card of possesions. It can herald both complete material stability or covourtness depending on its position. It often indicates that finachial troubles will be overcome and obsticals will be removed, but equaly it comes with a warning that we must be flexable since opposition to change for the fear of loss of what has been established will lead to the forced removal of that which was gained. it also warns against excessive and pointless expense.

http://questingspirit.co.uk/forums/viewthread.phpaction=attachment&tid=358&pid=3...
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2006 at 1:46am by Bethra »  

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Bethra

Forum MODS

Reply #9 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 1:39am
Print Post  
Card of the Day October 19th 2006

Spear Eight aka Eight of Wands

Description: A mountain river in spate takes a spear downstream.

Background: Tristan and Isolt frequently saved themselves from capture by King Mark by the expedident of twigs floating downriver on which were carved secret signs as a means of warning.

Meaning: Swiftness, expediency, hasty perpetration of intuitions, prophetic insight, speedy progress and rapid growth, communication. This card signifies movement and activity. Important journeys are shown particularly travel over water. Failure to move with the speed of this card leads to feelings of being swept along by events beyond ones control. This card also comes with the warning of unsure footings ahead due to failure of apropriate action at the apropreate time.

What this card means to me today: Yesterdays card was very sobbering for me a real kick up the bum. A "get your priorities straight woman" sort of message. Todays card is kind of nagging at me. There are things in my life which I am avoiding and this card is saying avoid them at your cost. Sad

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Bethra

Forum MODS

Reply #10 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Grail Six aka Six of Cups

Description: In a sacred grove of alders, a holy stream rises from a green mound, flowing into a stone basin.

Background: Gawain has his greatest adventure at such a mound, the home of the fearsome Green Knight. From this he learned much and was reconnected with his own past.

Meaning: Rediscovery of one's roots, ancestral memories, the pleasure of remembered links, a sense of tradition and continuance, atavism, karmic recall. This card is a nostalgic card and speeks of looking back at past emotions and relationships. Sometimes this brings pleasure other times nostalga of a more painfull sort. This card comes with a warning to gard against getting lost in the past and tied up in that which has gone before. Failure to move on will result in lack of connection with the here and now. If you are always looking back over your shoulder how ever will you see the diamonds layed out before you?

The message for me today: Yesterdays card promised that communication I was waiting on would come very soon. It was spot on come it did. It was news I was half expecting and had already resigned myself to its implications but that makes it no less painfull to hear when it finaly comes. Todays card carries the message that the is no going back to the situation which is over. It is past and past must remain in its place. I must turn my focus now to other things before me. No more looking back over my shoulder hankering after that which is lost. Pick up yourself up from the ashes lady and move on to brighter futures, the card urges. *nods* Yes I understand this card VERY deeply and on several different levels relating to a few different matters.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Bethra

Forum MODS

Reply #11 - Oct 21st, 2006 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Card of the Day October 21st 2006

Grail King aka King of Cups

Description: Under a mighty oak tree sits the Grail King holding an earthenware cup. From the tree hangs a golden bowl from golden chains. Near the stream which flows round the tree is a golden stone.

Background:When the Grail Knight meets the Grail gardian, he is challenged. Owain encounters such a guardian and throws water upon the green stone nearby which provokes their combat. The golden bowl which hangs from chains is a frequent feature in the Grail legends, and represents the archetypal vessel of quest, by which the world is healed of its divisions.

Meaning: His generosity is proverbial, his creative counselling shows the seeker the way to negotiate the confusions of the quest, for he is the guardian of the hidden mysteries. A skilled manipulator and negosiator this man inverably sits with some degree of power. Often a patron of the arts and siences. A leader and seeker. This man will stop at little to achieve his ends.

The message for me today: Here this card discribes a man of focus and vision. The cards before it spoke if anything of a lack of focus and me doing my very best ostrich impresion at times. The court cards are ever and architypal image and this one tells me what type of personality I should be aiming to become at the moment, or which type will aid me the best.

« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2006 at 1:03am by Bethra »  

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Bethra

Forum MODS

Reply #12 - Oct 22nd, 2006 at 1:31am
Print Post  
Card of the Day October 22nd 2006

The Flowering of Logres aka The World

Description: In a burgeoning landscape, the Seeker dances with two children. The rainbow scarf which is held in their hands swirls out to border the scene. Beyond and around it is the starry firmament in which the liberated and active Hallows of the land, the Sword, Spear, Grail and Stone are illuminated.

Background: The restoration of the Wastelands is the hope and goal of the Seeker. This can be achiever by the quest for the Hallows and by the skilful wielding in the world. When the land is restored, the Wounded King is healed, a new Grail guardian is appointed and Sovereignty assumes her beautiful guise as the Maiden Goddess.

The Hallowquest is not a selfish or individual regeneration, for the healing of one person, their alignment with their true spiritual source, is also the partial healing of the land. The healing of one land is a partial healing of the world. There is still great work to be done. May your own quests be fruitful!

Archetypal Meaning: The Flowering of Logres represents the restoration of fertility on all levels. The moment of renewal announces a timeless joy throughout the hearts of all orders of creation, rocks, plants, animals and people. The quest is over for one cycle. There will be other seekers and other quests.

Divinatory Meaning: Restoration, culmination, triumph, attainment, perfection, rapture, spiritual healing, creative growth, the new aeon.

The message for me today: Time to close the chapter on this last section of life and step out into a new begining. The world turns full circle, seasons change as do the aeons. This card brings a message to prepare for the turning of the wheel of life. Out with the old cycles and in with the new but all things are built upon that which is past. How stable are your foundations?

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #13 - Oct 22nd, 2006 at 3:55am
Print Post  
Since "The World" showed up in my reading, I'm giving this card -- and the other ones that appeared -- considerable thought. I'm trying to manage the changes -- mostly internal at the moment -- so that the impact is positive rather than negative. I continue to remain optimistic that the situation we discussed will resolve itself in a manner to my liking. Input from other sources seems to indicate a quick end to that situation.

IP Logged

Bethra

Forum MODS

Reply #14 - Oct 23rd, 2006 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Card of the Day October 23rd 2006

Grail Five aka Five of Cups

Description: A ship with the Grail on its sail makes little headway against swelling seas and heavy mist.

Background: The mysterious Ship of Solomon bore Lancelot to a meeting with his son Galahad. This was a time of great bitterness and disillusion for Lancelot, who learned that he could never achieve the Grail.

Meaning: Disillusion, disappointment, vain regret, the ability to learn from mistakes and assess one's limitations, broken agreements or promises.

The message for me today: I am very aware of the let downs which come with this card at the moment. It brings a message to be warey of such feelings and turn the lessons into posatives rather than dwelling on how it went wrong.

http://questingspirit.co.uk/forums/viewthread.phpaction=attachment&tid=358&pid=4...

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Bethra

Forum MODS

Reply #15 - Oct 24th, 2006 at 2:53am
Print Post  
Card of the Day October 24th 2006

Spear Knight aka Knight of Wands

Description: Under the midday sun, the Spear Knight rides full pelt on a roan horse, with spear raised.

Background: Bedwyr is one of Arthur's chief warrior companions in the early texts. It is said of his spear that the head of the shaft would leave the lance and draw blood from the wind before returning to its shaft again. He aids Culhwch in many adventures.

Meaning: He is an energetic and impetuous champion, his inspired companionship leads into exciting adventures, but he is fearless of the unknown and his hasty decisions are often risky.  An impetuous indervidual who will often burn themselves out with hasty action early on. They often don't have the required sticking power to carry an action through to its full outcome.

The message for me today: Well both the Moth and I are currently giving up smoking again. I think this card is very apt given both our current turn of mind. There is a need to temper the fire of this card to make its energy last fr the long haul.

http://questingspirit.co.uk/forums/viewthread.phpaction=attachment&tid=358&pid=4...

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Bethra

Forum MODS

Reply #16 - Oct 25th, 2006 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Card of the Day October 25th 2006

Grail Nine aka Nine of Cups.

Description: Under a starlit sky, a cauldron hangs over a fire.

Background: According to tradition, the Grail provided the food that everyone desired. This stems from the earlier Celtic cauldron stories in which each person at court was accorded a particular cut of the meat boiling within the cauldron.

Meaning: Satisfaction, one's heart's desire, security, physical pleasure, emotional contentment.

The message for me today: This card seams all happy and joy on the serface but as with all the cards it carries a warning not to become complacent. Guard against sentimentality.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #17 - Oct 25th, 2006 at 1:41am
Print Post  
This card speaks to me but I'm not sure of the message right now. Am I about to achieve my heart's desire? (One of them, at least!  Grin ) Or have I become complacent -- if so, in what area? -- and need to take action? I'll have to mull this one over a bit.

IP Logged

Bethra

Forum MODS

Reply #18 - Oct 26th, 2006 at 12:53am
Print Post  
Card of the Day October 26th 2006

Sword Ten aka Ten of Swords

Description: A fortified lake dwelling is reached only by a narrow stone bridge. On the near bank stands a sword, while over the bridge hovers a hawk in the rain.

Background: When Gwuinevere is abducted by Meleagrance and held captive in his castle, Lancelot comes to the rescue. The only means of entry is by means of a perilously narrow sword bridge over which Lancelot crawls in order to rescue the queen.

Meaning: Life and death decision, the final solution dictated by ruthless logic, pain, affliction, total oppression, massochism, the need for extreme daring and resolution, the acknowledgement and confrontation of karmic debts

The message for me today: This card always shows up when I have reached an impass with a problem and can't find my way round it. Today the meaning is no different. Time for carefull consideration of options.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Bethra

Forum MODS

Reply #19 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Two cards in one go since I missed the one for yesterday

Card of the Day October 27th 2006

Spear Six aka Six of Wands

Discription: Beside a winding river is a ceremonial mound on which sticks a spear with a standard of victory on it.

Background: At the begining of his reign Arthur successfully defeated 11 king who were opposed to his rule. He then went on to conquer Scandinavia and Gaul, approaching the very gates of Rome itself.

Meaning: Victory, advancement realized through steady growth, pride in achievement, recognition, intuitively self-confident, ceremonial honours.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Bethra

Forum MODS

Reply #20 - Oct 28th, 2006 at 1:27am
Print Post  
Card of the Day October 28th 2006

Stone Five aka Five of Penticals

Discription: In a barren country, a standing stone is seen through a bizzard. A bird lies dead and frozen at its base.

Background: There were times on the quest when the very elements seemed to oppose the seekers. They travelled through lands that were often barren and desolate, by roads longcforgotten, where habitations were few and far between.

Meaning: Adversity, insecurity, strain, barren prospects, loneliness, destitution, loss of home or means, the need for a firm instinctive grounding before undertaking a project.

« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2006 at 1:29am by Bethra »  

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint