Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Sharing Shielding Tech (Read 1489 times)
Bethra

Tarot, Empath, and Paranormal
Forum MODS

Sharing Shielding Tech
Oct 15th, 2006 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
This is the place to discuss shielding methods you use or have used in the past. A place for strugling empaths to learn of the different methods they can protect themselves from getting covered in everyone elses gunk. We are all inderviduals and as such we all have our own experiances with empathy. Not everyone feels it or sees it in the same way, so what works for one might not work for others. In this thread I hope we can discuse sheilding tech used and give those new to the subject a good idea of methods they can try for themselves.

This is my shield when it all gets too much for me this is where I go

I construct my Astral Temple as a tree house from my childhood. Benieth my feet a platform of wood rests upon the strong and suporting branches of my stabalising tree. The trunk runs through the middle like the World Tree stands in the middle of all things. Rooted in my foundations, its uppermost branches reaching up into my potential. Above me the sun trickles through the soft green leaves which murmer and whisper to each other in the gentle breeze. Silence all around me rushes in, stroking my stress with gentle fingers. On the breeze is the sweet summer smell of roses. Shadows dance across my decking, leaf shades chaseing eachother in an endless game of tag. Ivy meanders it's way around and up the trunk of the tree. I tease a stem from off the tree and sit in happy silence weeving an ivy crown for myself. A simple crown for my victory. A simple crown of ivy to bind my two halfs whole. I welcome in the forgotten child as I place the crown upon my head. I hear the leaves wispering, giggling, chuckling in my ear. Poetry from my childhood rushes to my mind.

A.A. Milne Solitude.

"I have a house where i go,
When there's too many people,
I have a house where I go,
Where no one else can be:
I have a house where I go,
Where nobody ever says "No",
Where no one says anything - so,
There is on one here but me."

The other method I use to help me is the other person is in a pit. I'm up there on the side of it. Now I can let my empathic abilities pull me down into the pit with them or I can extend my hand to them and help pull them out. The latter is better for everyone. How can I help when I'm over run with their sorrow? I can't I need a clear and detatched viewpoint to help fully. Me being down there with them doesn't help them one bit. What point is there in two people suffering together? Two birds each with a broken wing still can't fly if they get together. Much better to offer the hand to help pull them out of the suffering than risk going down with them.

Don't think for one moment we haven't all spent time getting sucked into the gunk, we all have at some time or another. Just don't let guilt over run you and force you back to trying to fix everyone else when you yourself are in desperate need of fixing. It's ok to take time out for yourself. It's ok to be a little bit selfish. Untill you can give yourself care, that which you give to others is never truly validated. How can it be when we can not truly love another untill we have love for ourselves. You will be in a much better situation to fix the world when you yourself are fixed. Just remember a therapist doesn't get down in the gunk with their clients and there is a very good reason they don't. They need a clear mind to help their clients. Yes its imposably hard sometimes to not be effected by the strength of other peoples emotions, and yes you could probably make them better for a little while by smothering yourself in their gunk but remember that humans grow from adversity. If you take all their burden and carry it for them they will not suffer the adversity and they wont grow or learn a single thing. When they don't learn they come back time and time again with one trauma after another. You can't save the world, only the world can save itself, all you can do is walk beside them, hold their hand and give them confort that they aren't alone and someone else has been there before them. If the person at the other end of the line isn't ready to recive the message they wont be healed by it fully. You end up throwing energy after energy at them untill they grow to expect that of everyone and thus leads to psychic vamps. Learn to give your energy in a worthy fasion. Though you may feel their pain you can't heal the whole world. A big realisation for me was accepting I'm not responcable for everyone's pain. I learnt to draw the line and help where it was most needed and best used.

I accept chaos. I am not sure whether it accepts me. ~ Bob Dylan&&&&Questing Spirit, Multi Faith and Spiritual Forums
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Bethra

Forum MODS

Re: Sharing Shielding Tech
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2006 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Another shield I use

The Qabalistic Cross

To begin I would recomend that you bathe and clense your outer body. Once you have this down pat you can quite easily do it every morning if you want after your wake up wash. This is a personal choice but I like to do this nakied fresh from a bath or shower.

Stand quietly for a moment, breath deeply and rhythmically and still your thoughts. Let your mind go blank, casting off the worries and stresses of the day to come.

Imagine yourself slowly growing larger and larger with each breath you take in. You grow and keep growing like Alice in Wonderland. You become as big as the house you are in filling it all. Hold that size for a little while feel how it is to be so big. Slowly let yourself sink back down to your normal size with every breath you exhale, keep going getting smaller and smaller. Child size, baby size keep going till you can fit in a matchbox, keep going till you are the size of a thumb nail. Hold this size for a little while feel how it is to be so tiny, just a speck of dust in the grand skeem of things. Now slowly return to your regular size. Slowly now I want to you to make yourself lighter, lighter, keep getting lighter become the weight you were when you were tiny and keep going till you are as light as a feather or a speck of dust. Let yourself float upwards towards the ceiling passinf through the ceiling on up to the roof. Float on up into the sky look down on your own roof and at all the roofs in your neighborhood. Keep floating on up so the Earth is below you tiny and growing tinier as you continue to float higher and higher. Expand again growing bigger and bigger to fill space. You are bigger than the soloar system, the galaxy, all of creation. You stand in total darkness but you are not afraid, or cold or lownly.

Imagine that out of the darkness comes a brilliant beam of light that forms a brilliant swirling sphere of light just above your head. Don't force it just let it slowly form above you shining down upon you lighting up the darkness around you.

Vibrate the word "Atoh" or "Ateh" and gently bring your receptive hand up to touch your forehead. Abeam of light comes down from the sphere to your forehead as you touch it.

Picture this beam of light flowing down through your body down to your feet as you point to them and vibrate the word "Malkuth". The light forms another sphere here half above and half below ground level.

Now touch your right shoulder and visualize another sphere of light forming there as you vibrate the words "Ve Geburah".

Draw your hand across your chest and touch your left shoulder and form another sphere of light as you vibrate the words "Ve Gedulah".

You now have a cross of light extending from your head to your feet and from your right shoulder to your left.

Clasp your hands at the intersection of the cross. Vibrate the words "Le Olahm" as a fifth sphere of light forms around your hands. This sphere of light continues to expand untill it fills your entire aura. You are now in a sphere of light that totaly surrounds you.

At this stage you can do a number of things depending on what work you wish to do. I have used it to go effect as a shield but also as a means to blast negative things away from me. I will use this as an example here for now.

Picture the sphere of light at your hands becoming brighter and brighter, the good energy becoming stronger and stronger. Now picture the negative energy as a solid object before you. Give it shape and form. When you have both negative and posative fully formed with an exhaled breath open your hands and push the palms away from you sending a beam of intense light straight at the object of negativity. You may wish to say something also at this point, I have a flare for the dramatic and I always like the sound of the words "Be gone". Say them with as much force as you can muster and blast the negative form with that beam of light. Splinter it and blow it apart let the light fill every last bit of it transforming it from negative to possative. Bring your hands palms together once more when your work is done at the intersection of the cross once more.

Stand for a moment once more in your sphere of light and then vibrate the word "Amen"

« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2006 at 1:06pm by Bethra »  

I accept chaos. I am not sure whether it accepts me. ~ Bob Dylan&&&&Questing Spirit, Multi Faith and Spiritual Forums
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Bethra

Forum MODS

Re: Sharing Shielding Tech
Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2006 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
There is another more Paganish version of this, though I don't feel it has been used enough to build up as much power as the original, still it has a nice enough effect and you may feel you relate to it more.

Stand with you feet slightly apart for this one other than that do the same bigger smaller lighter visulisation as before.

This time directing your words to the Lord and Lady, visualise the sphere above your head, touch your forehead and say :
"Thou art,
The Kingdom (point to feet)
The Strength (touch right shoulder)
The Mercy (touch left shoulder)
And the Love (clasp hands in center)
Forever (sphere of light expands)
So mote it be."

You can also draw a pentagram of light if you like by first touching your forhead then then pointing to you left foot, then touching to your right shoulder, then across to touch your left shoulder, then pointing to your right foot and returning to touch your forehead. As I said there are many different things you can adapt this with only your imagination holds the bounderies.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint