0 (0.0%)
I don't know what a precog dream is    
  0 (0.0%)
The obligitory other (please elaborate)    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 4
« Created by: Bethra on: Oct 24th, 2006 at 2:36am »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Have you experianced precognitive / psychic dreams (Read 1127 times)
Bethra

Tarot, Empath, and Paranormal
Forum MODS

Have you experianced precognitive / psychic dreams
Oct 24th, 2006 at 2:36am
Print Post  
It is recond that as much as 10% of the population have precognitive / psychic dreams. Many of which are so acurate the dreamer can relate to people exact details of what took place in incodents they themselves were not physicaly involved in.

In the universes of both Newton and Einstein, time flows backwards into the past as readily as it does forward into the future. Which means we should all have memories of the future. That we don't and that physicists can't find a single arrow of time that points in any direction but ahead is one of the most profound and vexing mysteries in nature.

Is a precognitive dream therefor an example of the future-memory scientists consider theoretically possible?

Have you had experiance of precognitive dreams and what are your theories on them? Please share

I accept chaos. I am not sure whether it accepts me. ~ Bob Dylan&&&&Questing Spirit, Multi Faith and Spiritual Forums
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Have you experianced precognitive / psychic dr
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2006 at 2:52am
Print Post  
I've yet to have a dream of that nature but I am sure that they exist. Given the current theories about the nature of reality in the field of quantum physics, precognitive/psychic dreams are not difficult to accept!  Grin

IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 5:18am
Print Post  
Yes, many times... but I don't realize it until AFTER the event depicted in the dream happens, then there's a powerful "deja vu" sense.  But I know I am in fact dreaming it first, 'cause there's always subtle details in the dream that are exaggerated or just barely different.  And I know Doc has had precog dreams... but his are always of bad things.   Shocked

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Salanthos

May Random Joy be Unto
You

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2007 at 4:55am
Print Post  
I have had dreams of things that have not yet (or may not yet) happen, mostly the very small, things like a particular phraseology or sequence of actions.

I know a lot of my "precog" is because I know the person, I know how they'll act in general, and in similar situations, so I can extrapolate the detail in the specific scenes subconciously - having *somehow* picked up the situation it will occur in that makes it inevitable (or evitable, if I know what I'm doing).

From what I've read, my theory of precognition is a bit odd.  I don't believe it is possible to look beyond time into the future, and see what is yet to come.  It messes with my idea of causality, temporal theory, and causation.  I personally think of it as a whacked out and intuitive sort of clairvoyance - the precog is "seeing" the underlying present causes and "intuits" the precog from there.  or in other words, they don't see the avalanche, they see the movement of the critical pebble subconciously, and fill in the details.

But it's only my theory.

SmileyBetrayal is Forever Smiley&& Smileyinverse retrograde karma by proxy! but... but... what does it mean?Smiley&&&&Smiley"It's entirely possible that, in the great play we call life, you aren't the main character." -Little Billy&&SmileyYou shall know the truth, and it shall make you odd.Smiley&&&&Smiley "We are not pacifists. Allowing harm to continue is not harming none; it is harmi

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint