Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Penthesilea's Castle... posts 4800 to 4921 (Read 4858 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Penthesilea's Castle... posts 4800 to 4921
Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:32pm

#4800  Penthesilea

Kodiak's Madridoor Apartment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penthesilea
     *Kodiak stepped into the apartment with his lady in his arms to find a welcoming committee. Fortunately, it was Apollo, Athena and another woman Kodiak didn't recognize. He saw Penthesilea's look of alarm as he set her on her feet.*

Apollo: Niece. The Oracles concerning you have become very disturbing. Hecate *the unknown woman inclined her head to Kodiak * has come to do what we can to protect you. *Penthesilea stepped out of the circle of her lover's arms.*

Penthesilea: I don't suppose you are allowed to actually tell me what the Oracles are saying. *Their expressions said it all.* Didn't think so. *She turns to face Hecate.* I am in your hands, Great One. *Hecate smiled at her kinswoman and cast the needed spell...*

*Hecate had no sooner departed than all the bells in the city began to toll. Athena gestured and the television came on. "Palamedes dead." was on a bar across the bottom of the screen and mournful music was playing in the background as the news anchor announced the news.*

Athena: You know what this means?

Kodiak: Power vacuum. Palamedes had no obvious successor. *Just then, Kodiak's cell phone rang. He answered, listened and then hung up.* Change of plans, my dear. *He said to Penth.* There will be a private, invitation only viewing of Palamedes' body tonight. Keil is going and I'm to lead his security detail.

Penthesilea: I'm going with you.

Kodiak: No.

Penthesilea: Yes. Angelique de la Sang will be there. She may recognize you. No one will watch your back like I will, my love. *Kodiak looked prepared to argue the point but Athena interrupted him.*

Athena: If she were not your lover but merely a woman under your command, would you take her with you?

Kodiak: No! I.. *Kodiak knew that he couldn't lie to the Goddess.* Yes, I'd take her. She's the best I have and I trust her. *Athena nods.*

Athena: Then I suggest you two start planning for tonight's mission. You are both on the razor's edge. One misstep could be disasterous. *With that, Athena and Apollo disappeared...*
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2007 at 3:45am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Penthesilea's Castle... posts 4800 to 4921
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:34pm

#4801  Penthesilea

Meanwhile, back at the Castle... in MoonCat's lab...

MoonCat: Okay. Let's try this one.

*The simulation in the holographic tank began with the curare molecule. Then the nanites programmed to control and direct the reaction were added by computer. They watched the reaction until the red light flashed, signalling failure. MoonCat slammed her fist into the desk and swore. SpiritFire was more settled.*

SpiritFire: We almost have it. We got to 80% that time.

MoonCat: Yeah. Yeah. Almost but no cigar. Let's debug these things and try again.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:35pm

#4803  Salanthos

Quote:
All the bells in the city began to toll. "Palamedes dead." was on a bar across the bottom of the television screen and mournful music was playing in the background as the news anchor announced the news.*

*Sal also heard the bells, and quickly realized what had happened. It didn't take her long to find out about the private viewing, and determine to somehow attend. Her eyes narrowed as she considered ways to either enter legitimately or sneak in unseen...*
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2007 at 3:46am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:36pm

#4806  Penthesilea

Quote:
MoonCat: Okay. Let's try this one.

*The simulation in the holographic tank began with the curare molecule. Then the nanites programmed to control and direct the reaction were added by computer. They watched the reaction until the red light flashed, signalling failure. MoonCat slammed her fist into the desk and swore. SpiritFire was more settled.*

SpiritFire: We almost have it. We got to 80% that time.

MoonCat: Yeah. Yeah. Almost but no cigar. Let's debug these things and try again.

*The red light flashed...*

MoonCat: Okay. 87%. We're getting closer. *They went back to work.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:37pm

#4807  Penthesilea

Madridoor - The Warehouse

Quote:
*Hecate had no sooner departed than all the bells in the city began to toll. Athena gestured and the television came on. "Palamedes dead." was on a bar across the bottom of the screen and mournful music was playing in the background as the news anchor announced the news.*

Athena: You know what this means?

Kodiak: Power vacuum. Palamedes had no obvious successor. *Just then, Kodiak's cell phone rang. He answered, listened and then hung up.* Change of plans, my dear. *He said to Penth.* There will be a private, invitation only viewing of Palamedes' body tonight. Keil is going and I'm to lead his security detail.

Penthesilea: I'm going with you.

Kodiak: No.

Penthesilea: Yes. Angelique de la Sang will be there. She may recognize you. No one will watch your back like I will, my love. *Kodiak looked prepared to argue the point but Athena interrupted him.*

Athena: If she were not your lover but merely a woman under your command, would you take her with you?

Kodiak: No! I.. *Kodiak knew that he couldn't lie to the Goddess.* Yes, I'd take her. She's the best I have and I trust her. *Athena nods.*

Athena: Then I suggest you two start planning for tonight's mission. You are both on the razor's edge. One misstep could be disasterous. *With that, Athena and Apollo disappeared...*

*Kodiak and Penthesilea left the apartment as soon as they were dressed and armed. They went to the warehouse first to pick the security team and arrange for security to be maintained at the wearhouse. Then they headed for Keil's mansion as the sun began to sink into the west.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #5 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:38pm

#4808  Penthesilea

Keil's Mansion

*It was full dark by the time the security team reached Keil's mansion. Kodiak led the way into the building which was the embodiment of chaos. Servants were rushing around as Keil's "brides" barked conflicting orders. It quickly became apparent that Keil intended to take only two of the women with him to the event but had not bothered to indicate which two. He had, as near as Penthesilea could tell, eight "brides" which meant that six women were going to be disappointed while two would achieve an increase in their perceived status. Since they believed that he could pick the two who would most enhance his image, they were fighting furiously over jewelry, shoes, gowns and undergarments. Even perfume. Penthesilea fully expected them to fight over the fur coats she saw a servant carrying up the stairs. She was very glad that her man was secure enough in his masculinity that he did not need her to prop it up!!
     Keil met them in his study and, as Kodiak was being briefed by one of Keil's aides on the building where Palamedes' private showing was being held, Penthesilea felt the vampire's eyes on her. Casually, she stepped closer to Kodiak. He noticed her movement and motioned for her to come closer and look at the drawing of the room where the body was lying in state.

Kodiak: (inspeaking) I know he's watching you, my dear. Men do, you know.

Penthesilea: (inspeaking) I suppose I'll have to get used to it. I dedicated a great deal of magickal energy for a very long time to keeping men from noticing me that way. But I don't even look like me at the moment!  *Kodiak chuckled in her head and they went back to the briefing. An hour after they had arrived -- and after she and Kodiak had helped break up two catfights between the brides -- they left for the showing.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #6 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:39pm

#4809  Salanthos

Quote:
*Sal had heard the bells, and quickly realized what had happened. It didn't take her long to find out about the private viewing, and determine to somehow attend. Her eyes narrowed as she considered ways to either enter legitimately or sneak in unseen...*

*Sal reached the Palace just past sundown, a couple hours before the viewing. She got in the same way she had before, and walked down the halls, thinking. In a small, private setting like this was going to be, unnoticibility would not help - there would be so few people she was bound to be noticed, and that would not be good. What she needed was a legitimate way in, and she had not yet found one.*

*The hallway she was walking down crossed another one, and Sal paused as she heard voices around the turn of the second hall. A group of servents were there, and Sal listened intently to what they were saying.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #7 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:39pm

#4810  Penthesilea

“MoonCat! Wake up!” *SpiritFire's voice penetrated MoonCat's dreams in which stubborn molecules failed to cooperate. She lifted her head from the desk where it had sank in exhaustion and looked at the holographic tank, expecting another "Close but no cigar" result. Instead, she saw a perfect caffiene molecule floating in the tank with a small green light flashing to indicate success!

MoonCat: We did it? *SpiritFire's vigorous nodding and tears of joy were all the confirmation MoonCat needed.* WE DID IT!!!! *All that remained was propagation and delivery.... *

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #8 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:40pm

#4811  Penthesilea

Madridoor

*Once they reached the site where the Prince's body lay in state, the security team went into working mode. Kodiak touched base with the other security heads while Penthesilea kept an eye on things and her ears open. With Palamedes dead and no obvious successor at hand, the political infighting was picking up steam. Penthesilea was of the opinion that Keil would make his move before the Black Lotus arrived if he thought that he could grab power without it. If not, he would go ahead with his original plan, using the power it gave him to pressure the vampires' ruling Council instead of Palamedes. Penthesilea considered the situation. Since a vampire was going to run Madridoor, which vampire, of the probable candidates, should it be? She went about her duties with that question in her mind.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #9 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:41pm

#4812  Salanthos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salanthos
*Sal reached the Palace just past sundown, a couple hours before the viewing. She got in the same way she had before, and walked down the halls, thinking. In a small, private setting like this was going to be, unnoticibility would not help - there would be so few people she was bound to be noticed, and that would not be good. What she needed was a legitimate way in, and she had not yet found one.*

*The hallway she was walking down crossed another one, and Sal paused as she heard voices around the turn of the second hall. A group of servents were there, and Sal listened intently to what they were saying.*

*A woman - the housekeeper - had been giving chores to a group of servants for the veiwing. Sal had drifted closer as she assigned people to prepare the room, get some refreshments, and so on. They walked off as they recieved their jobs, hurrying to get started. Sal's thoughts had jerked to a stop as the housekeeper looked up and adressed her.*

Housekeeper: You. Girl. Come here.

Sal: Yes? *spoke in a soft voice, a bit confused*

Housekeeper: I said, one more person is needed to serve refreshments, and you're the only one left. This is a political function as well as a viewing. *pauses* you're new?

Sal: yes'm

Housekeeper: Go to the kitchens, they'll tell you what to do. And get a clean uniform, that one's so old it looks green.

*Sal had slipped away to find a uniform, her heart pounding. The housekeeper was a very observant person, to notice her at all, but her luck had been good and she now had a legit way in. But for a few minutes there, she had been sure she had been found out.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #10 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:42pm

#4813  Penthesilea

Quote:
*Once they reached the site where the Prince's body lay in state, the security team went into working mode. Kodiak touched base with the other security heads while Penthesilea kept an eye on things and her ears open. With Palamedes dead and no obvious successor at hand, the political infighting was picking up steam. Penthesilea was of the opinion that Keil would make his move before the Black Lotus arrived if he thought that he could grab power without it. If not, he would go ahead with his original plan, using the power it gave him to pressure the vampires' ruling Council instead of Palamedes. Penthesilea considered the situation. Since a vampire was going to run Madridoor, which vampire, of the probable candidates, should it be? She went about her duties with that question in her mind.*

*The political maneuvering started at once. Once respects were paid to the dead Prince and condolences paid to his official companion, Angelique, the mourners broke into small groups to discuss the fate of the island. Kodiak and two of their team stayed with Keil while Penthesilea shadowed one of Keil's ladies. The women's rest room was a motherlode of information and Penthesilea stayed silent and got an earful. The Council was beginning to settle on two candidates. Neither of them was Keil..... *

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #11 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:44pm

#4814  Salanthos

Quote:
*Sal had slipped away to find a uniform, her heart pounding. The housekeeper was a very observant person, to notice her at all, but her luck had been good and she now had a legit way in. But for a few minutes there, she had been sure she had been found out.*

*Sal stood with a group of half a dozen maids, each with a tray of delicacies or drinks in hand, waiting to serve refreshments. She had found and was wearing a blue palace uniform, and carried a platter of pastries. Inside the room, she could hear the soft murmer of speech. At a signal from the housekeeper, one of the girls entered the room with her tray, and the others followed. Feeling oddly out of place, Sal entered at the back of the group.*

*As she served, Sal listened closely to the political backbiting and petty comments. A lot of those present were vampires, but quite a few were not, as well. A handful were attepting to gain followers in their bid for rule, the others, more cautious or perhaps more subtle, looked to support and thus influence whoever looked likely to win. Two of the vampires seemed to seriously be in the running, although there were quite a few still hoping.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #12 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:52pm

#4860   Penthesilea

Madridoor....

*Penthesilea continued to shadow the vampire woman to whom she had been assigned but she had a new worry. She had caught the late Prince's lady, Angelique, watching Kodiak as he shadowed Keil and knew that the woman had recognized him. She berated herself for the necessity that had required him to rescue her and reveal himself to the Prince and his lady. With the Prince dead, Angelique might no longer feel bound by his word and Kodiak was a handsome man....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #13 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:54pm

[Text to be added later. Re-write in progress.]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #14 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:55pm

[Text to added later. Re-write in progress]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #15 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:56pm

#4866  Penthesilea

*Torao-Akio, MoonCat and FireSpirit peered into a large tank filled with what appeared to be liquid metal -- that moved.*

Torao-Akio: Is it supposed to do that?

MoonCat: Yes. They are self replicating. They are taking raw materials out of the "starter soup" and building and programming more copies of themselves. Once they are out in the environment, the raw materials will be harder to find so their reproduction will be slowed but it will continue.

FireSpirit: Should we set up a bigger nursery? We'd have the amount we need sooner.

Torao-Akio: If there is a spy...

FireSpirit: *nods* You're right. We can't let anyone know what we're doing until it is done.

MoonCat: *Checking instruments* We will have enough to start seeding the atmosphere in about 12 hours. We can set up temporary nursery tanks here in the lab. No one comes in here but us. We can probably get another six in here if we take out everything we're not using right now. *Torao-Akio gets a distant look in his eyes.*

Torao-Akio: Time is short. Things are beginning to happen. We must hurry. *The girls nodded and they went to work.*
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2007 at 6:29pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #16 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:57pm

#4867   Penthesilea

Quote:
Madridoor....

*Penthesilea continued to shadow the vampire woman to whom she had been assigned but she had a new worry. She had caught the late Prince's lady, Angelique, watching Kodiak as he shadowed Keil and knew that the woman had recognized him. She berated herself for the necessity that had required him to rescue her and reveal himself to the Prince and his lady. With the Prince dead, Angelique might no longer feel bound by his word and Kodiak was a handsome man....*

*Angelique sipped elven blood from a crystal flute and considered Darklord Kodiak. Now that her beloved Prince was becoming Undead himself, she needed a living lover to replace him and the powerful Darklord looked to be a prime candidate. The only problem she could see was the existence of an extremely powerful bloodbond. She had thought that the singer, Silver Steele, had been the woman in the Darklord's life but she could easily tell that the object of the Darklord's attention was, in fact, the blonde across the room. The woman was wearing the uniform of Keil's private security and, while certainly attractive, looked nothing like the singer. Angelique watched the blonde. Observed how she moved and the way she smiled when Kodiak spoke to her. A suspicion began to form in Angelique's mind...... *

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #17 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:58pm

#4868  Penthesilea

*By the time the viewing was over, Angelique had a plan. The blonde woman would do for her beloved Palamedes' first meal when he rose. If her suspicions were true, it was supremely fitting. If she survived the experience, the woman would make a good slave and excellent bait to lure the Darklord into Angelique's web. If she did not, then the Darklord would be free of the bloodbond and easy to seduce. Then she would use him to destroy Keil and anyone else who stood in the way of her plan to own the world....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #18 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:58pm

#4871  Salanthos

Quote:
* Sal listened closely to the political backbiting and petty comments. A lot of those present were vampires, but quite a few were not, as well. A handful were attepting to gain followers in their bid for rule, the others, more cautious or perhaps more subtle, looked to support and thus influence whoever looked likely to win. Two of the vampires seemed to seriously be in the running, although there were quite a few still hoping.*

*As Sal moved about the room, she picked up bits of conversation and snippets of political manuvering. She noticed who was talking to who, and what they were saying about eveyone else. She structured implied alliances and soft spoken enmities together in her mind. She was listening hard, trying to fit the peices together to see the whole picture.*

*She was listening so hard she didn't notice someone staring hard at her, eyes narrowed on speculation.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #19 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 10:59pm

[Text to be added later. Re-write in progress]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #20 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:00pm

#4873   Penthesilea

Meanwhile, back at the Castle... the Transporter Room

*Torao-Akio, MoonCat and SpiritFire carefully rolled the last of the six containers of nanites onto the Transporter platform. The old wizard had cast his most potent environmental protection spells on the tiny constructs. MoonCat had explained that while the nanites were tough enough to survive the rigors of planetary existence, conditions in the upper reaches of the atmosphere where they would have to be seeded in order to reach the entire planet were too hostile for them to survive unprotected. So while MoonCat had coated them with a technological protectorant, Torao-Akio had provided the magickal one. No one really knew how far into the atmosphere the influence of the different zones reached so they would take no chances. This was too important. The jetstream had shifted that morning and was over the Castle. SpiritFire set the transporter controls and transported the nanite containers -- which were engineered to rupture and shred in the jetstream -- straight up into it.
The end of the Black Lotus plague was at hand.....
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2007 at 6:31pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #21 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:01pm

#4881  Salanthos

Quote:
*As Sal moved about the room, she picked up bits of conversation and snippets of political manuvering. She noticed who was talking to who, and what they were saying about eveyone else. She structured implied alliances and soft spoken enmities together in her mind. She was listening hard, trying to fit the peices together to see the whole picture.*

*She was listening so hard she didn't notice someone staring hard at her, eyes narrowed on speculation.*

*Sal took her emptied tray towards the door. She had heard a lot, and it was, really, enough. She now knew the political situation fairly well, and the other servers were finishing up, as well. There was no point in lingering conspicuously, anyway. She would return the tray to the kitchen, get her clothes, then leave.*

*The person - actually, vampire - who had been watching her saw her turn to leave. He started towards another set of doors, softly giving orders to one of his flunkies to get that servent to stop by a certain room.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #22 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:02pm

#4882   Penthesilea

*Penthesilea kept her expression carefully neutral while thinking how pleasant it would be to feed the vampire woman she was guarding a nice thick stake of the oaken variety! She was a demon-vampire, the only kind Keil would have around him, and was singularly unpleasant -- even for a demon. Penth had overheard a good deal and wanted to share it with Kodiak. They had used the inspeaking only briefly during the evening. No one not a member of their Olympian family could hear them but sometimes their faces could give away the fact that they were listening to something no one else could hear. In a crowd as suspicious and dangerous as this one, they couldn't afford that so discussion would have to wait....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #23 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:03pm

#4883  Salanthos

Quote:
*The person - actually, vampire - who had been watching her saw her turn to leave. He started towards another set of doors, softly giving orders to one of his flunkies to get that servent to stop by a certain room.* 

*Sal returned the tray and headed towards the room where she had left her clothing. As she walked away from the kitchen, one of the minor officials - a flunky to one of the great vampiric powers that be - spotted her and called her over. Not wanting to draw attention, Sal crossed over towards him.*

Flunky: Girl. What's your name?

Sal: um, Krista *doesn't want to give her real name*

Flunky: OK, Krista. You will please follow me.

Sal: ok. *agrees since she doesn't want to step out of character in the busy hall. She continues in a soft voice* What's this about?

Flunky: Your presence has been requested in one of the rooms. Come this way.

*Baffled, Sal followed the flunky as he moved away. She didn't know why her presence would be requested. No one would usually notice her, even if they knew who she was. The only person she knew of there that could have recognized her was Angelique, and Sal had been careful to stay away from her.*

*The flunky lead her towards the back of the palace. The rooms they were passing were not often used, shrouded in dustsheets. The palace was a bit too big, and a pain to keep up, so the unused rooms were more or less abandoned. Sal had already been feeling uneasy since the flunky had spotted her, but seeing the direction they were headed increased her discomfort*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #24 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:03pm

#4884  Penthesilea

Meanwhile, back at the Castle...

*Hypatia had taken over assembling the preliminary guest list and was composing the official announcement of the engagement with Lord Duncan's assistance. Shankarika was running between the Temple and the Cathedral supervising the running of one and the planning of the other. Lord Cujon was seeing to the finishing touches to the Military Complex and thinking about his younger brother's bachelor party. And in the Transporter Room, MoonCat, Torao-Akio and SpiritFire sent the cure for Black Lotus into the air....
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2007 at 6:33pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint