Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) I am PennedSongstress! (Read 1006 times)
pennedsongstress

Serenity Newbie

I am PennedSongstress!
Nov 30th, 2006 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Greetings all. I am PennedSongstress. I'm new here. Not sure how to navagate yet, but I"m working on it. lol. You can call me Julie if you want. So how is everyone doing today?

"If you can't hide the skeletons in your closet you'd best teach them to dance."&&-George Bernard Shaw-
YIM  
IP Logged

SeaSiren

Ethereal Witch & Mystical
Muse

Re: I am PennedSongstress!
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Hey Penned!
I'm new too, defected from MysticWicks somewhat I guess.  Welcome Smiley

Curious, are you a songwriter?  Judging by your moniker I'd say so... 

Tons of areas to navigate around here, sometimes I think there's too many places, LOL...  I'm still getting around myself.

YIM  
IP Logged

pennedsongstress

Serenity Newbie

Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
yeah, I'm working on figuring it all out myself, but right now I'm in a stage in my life where I want to be able to not just believe in magic, but use it. I've tried many times and it seems I fail every time. I just can't get it to work and I don't know what I"m doing wrong.

"If you can't hide the skeletons in your closet you'd best teach them to dance."&&-George Bernard Shaw-
YIM  
IP Logged

SeaSiren

Muse

Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Not to sound rash, but I'm getting the impression you should put magick away for now and concentrate on yourself....  An unhealthy psyche or not being throughly grounded will work against you and could make things far more disaterous in the long run.

Read, read and read more.  Educate yourself as from what I'm gathering, it sounds like you want to use magick as a 'fix-all' and that's not gonna happen. 

Once you understand yourself, you'll have the power to effectively use the Craft.   

Where are you in your life?  Your introduction doesn't state much, and in trying to get to know you and share will take a bit more information...  Could you let us know more about yourself?

YIM  
IP Logged

pennedsongstress

Serenity Newbie

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
sure, my name is Julie and I live in Florida, which is a horrible place. Been here my whole life. My parents are Brenda and Tommy, they are very successful and they are both small buisness owners, I know, because I work for them and I'm sitting in my mom's sheet music store right now.  I am a very mentally unstable young lady and my best friend, whom I call Mama Carol (who is quickly approaching 60, but don't tell her I said that, she probably already knows...lol) has been the biggest inspiration. I'm very interested in the magic that I felt while in New Orleans before Katrina took over. Mama told me 10 years ago that it would be a long time before I was ready to use the craft, but I wanted to prove her wrong. I tried and I tried for years, just little things though, and it was just to prove to myself that I could make something happen and I couldn't. Once I tried to save my best friend from heartache (mama carol's daughter angela) and I didn't succeed alone. I asked for the help of Marie Laveux, when I was in New Orleans. I went to her grave and asked for help. I owe her two peperments or pennies supposidy and when I get there I will repay her. I have a fiance that I don't know if I am happy with or not at this stage it's hard to tell. I'm full of stress all the time. It's what I live on basically at this point and I try little things mostly with candles to destress and no matter how hard I try, it never works out. I tried to blame it on my ADHD, but that seemed like a stupid excuse. I blamed myself for not being able to do anything right and then tried something else to overcome and conquer depression and it didn't work either. It's like I'm either blocked, not ready, or I'm just not made for it.

YIM  
IP Logged

SeaSiren

Muse

Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Oh dear...   

The first word that comes to my mind (and I'm highly intuitive and empathic) is EMPOWERMENT.  Have you thought of branching yourself into a more independent place in your life?  You're too young to have such feelings and the best bit of advice I could give you in your situation is do whatever you can to grow as a person.

Have you thought of going back to school?  Learn something that will move you in a positive, forward direction to get you out of this rut.

The more accomplishments you achieve, the stronger you'll get and throw all that depressive crap out the window.  Sounds like you have much growing to do before you can have a fiance as well.

As much as I respect Ms. Leveaux, I think your work needs to come from within first, and the stronger you get through accomplishments will steer you in the right direction...

Good luck hon and there's lots of wise folks here who can add their .02 too Smiley

YIM  
IP Logged

pennedsongstress

Serenity Newbie

Reply #6 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
thanks...hey feel free to im me on yahoo if you like.....and about the school I am currently looking for a college that I want to go to...I went to the community one here in Jacksonville and I have dropped 5 classes and failed 1. I failed due to lack of attendance. I thought I could do ballroom dancing and then one of my health problems flaired and I was screwed royally out of having what little fun I could get out of school.

YIM  
IP Logged

SeaSiren

Muse

Reply #7 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Here is your answer.  You asked how magick works?  YOU have to put your motivation into it and want it bad enough and deserve it.

What you can do now is get up, take a brisk walk, get you energy levels up.  Become motivated because it doesn't matter whether it's school, marraige, career, magick - whatever - it's NEVER going to happen if you don't put what's required into it.  You have the power to change your life and make it what it is, positive or negative.

Why not start now?  Why not find the right area here and start a journal of your thoughts, goals, steps you're taking to achieve them, etc.?  We can spy on you and your progress and give you support along the way!

I say that because I find nothing more irritating than a constant pity party.  Come here for support, but we want to hear one positive thing to report to balance the darkness...   

I can be harsh, but it's only because I'm living off the wisdom I've learned and if it can help mentor another, then all the better Smiley

So, get off your duff and do something!  GIRL POWER GO CHICA!    Wink

YIM  
IP Logged

pennedsongstress

Serenity Newbie

Reply #8 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
I really appreciate it. Thanks for all your help, I gotta get going now, I sent you an yahoo message so if you like we can talk later on!
I'll do my best and I really appreciate your time and talking to me.

YIM  
IP Logged

SeaSiren

Muse

Reply #9 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Well, life is a path and journey of self-discovery.  It's not handed to you, you have to create it.  That is what magick is all about, you create what change you want and use your will to make it happen...  Not the other way around.

I'm not logged in to Yahoo IM at my office, only home.  I'll try to check in later to get your message Smiley

YIM  
IP Logged

DragonMom
God Member

Lead Electric Triangle
for Toad the Wet Sprocket

Reply #10 - Dec 5th, 2006 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Hiya! *waving madly*  Good to meetcha!  Grab a cuppa & check us out.  Cheesy

"You're not a loser... you're just not quite a winner." - Elvira&&&&For Women in Horror, By Women in Horror http://www.pretty-scary.net&&&&Hate only hurts the hater.  So stop the madness or I'll have to hurt you. Cheesy&&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #11 - Feb 6th, 2007 at 4:52am
Print Post  
Hi hon! *waves madly*

One of your posts here was moved to the "New Pagans" thread. I think you have some responses there too!  Smiley

As always,
Black_Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

McDarvin

Reply #12 - Feb 8th, 2007 at 3:27am
Print Post  
hola Julie *waves* I hope you like it here at the sanctuary Smiley

&&&&I would like to thank each and everyone of you for all the love and support. Earthy,Raven,Lewen,Ashe,Doc,Hymnia,dragonmom,little mog, Penth ,the dancing banana,my animals,my sister Sav and her husband,Flair for being a sweetheart, and the rest of the Earthy family. I love you all, You are True friends!!&&&&&&&&&&&&- banner

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint