Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Penthesilea's Castle... posts 3601 to 3695 (Read 5263 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Penthesilea's Castle... posts 3601 to 3695
Dec 11th, 2006 at 5:02am

#3601  [Re-write by Penthesilea]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penthesilea
Probably hired help then. That sort isn't that hard to find in Crowhaven. And they would be careful not to leave any traces -- except my corpse, of course.

*Satira nodded in agreement.* I should go prowl around the suitors’ camp and see what I can find out. And I’m worried about Daemon. I left him sleeping in my rooms but now I can’t find him. He’s not in my rooms or his. I may have angered him. I know that he wants to protect me but I can protect myself very well.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2007 at 9:15pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Penthesilea's Castle... posts 3601 to 3695
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 5:03am

#3602  Penthesilea

You're right. In some ways, being in love is not good for him. I love it that he's found someone he can care about but *she shrugs* he does tend to forget that women, some of them at least, can take care of themselves. When he finds out about the attempt on me today, he'll want to resurrect them so he can kill them again. *Thoughtful.* Now, that you mention it, the last time I saw him was when you were dragging him out of the Ballroom. Don’t worry about the suitors’ camp. I have several agents already working there.  Do you think I should scry for Daemon, given what we know, or just leave it for the moment? If he were in real trouble, we'd both know, trust me.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2007 at 9:17pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 5:04am

#3603  [Rewrite by Penthesilea]

As you wish, my Lady. Please scry for him when you can.  Before I went with Torao-Akio to search the bodies, I heard Leverance “invite” all the others to his pavilion for a meeting after dinner. And that means trouble.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2007 at 9:18pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 5:05am

#3604  Penthesilea

Everything about that crew is trouble. *Thinks* I'll try to reach Daemon's mind first. If that doesn't work -- and it probably won't since you can't reach him and you are closer to him now than I am -- I'll try my mirror. *Smiles* Love frequently isn't what we would consider "good" for us but it is. It surely is. Now, go. Get busy with Torao-Akio and I'll see if I can locate Daemon.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2007 at 4:44am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 5:05am

#3605  [Rewrite by Penthesilea]

Until later then, my Lady.  When you find him, please tell him that I am sorry. I did not mean to offend.
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2007 at 4:11pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #5 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 5:06am

#3606  Penthesilea

*Penthesilea smiles* I will. I promise.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #6 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 5:06am

#3607    Penthesilea

*Once Satira leaves, Penthesilea considers her options. She heads for her workroom and the magick circle there..*
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2007 at 4:13pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #7 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 5:07am

#3608  Penthesilea

The Keyholder's Magickal Workroom

*Once inside her workroom, Penthesilea considered the situation. Entirely too much had been happening inside the Castle that should not have been. Magical intrusion being by far the most worrisome. She had perhaps been made overconfident by the Castle's inherent protections. No more. First she pulled out a broom and completely swept her circle, all twelve feet of it, chanting a banishing spell as she went. Then she moved her mirror into the circle and covered it with its cloth until she needed it. Then, she pulled out her ritual dagger and began a full circle casting ritual. Nothing was going to spy on her!*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #8 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 5:08am

#3609   Penthesilea

*Penthesilea sat in the middle of her circle, sinking ever deeper into meditation. She had done the full casting, had invoked the appropriate relatives and was as sealed and guarded as she could be. She sent her mind outward.... seeking him....*
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2007 at 4:15pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #9 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 5:09am

#3610  Penthesilea

*Penthesilea fell back into her body with a thud. She had found her brother but before she could make contact with him, he had, with a snarl, "tossed" her back to her body. She knew what that meant. She just didn't know how to explain it to Satira....*

« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2007 at 4:18pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #10 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 5:10am

#3611  Penthesilea

Somewhere in the night.....

*Out in the night, the warrior known as "FarWalker" felt the touch of a mind, much beloved and dear to him, but she could have no part of this. This part of himself, he would protect her from. As gently as he could, while still making himself plain, he pushed her away. He felt her astonishment and the "thud" that meant that she had returned to her body. He had no regret. It was for the best. Then he returned to the night....*
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2007 at 4:46am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #11 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 12:23am

#3613 [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Quote:
Originally posted by Penthesilea

The Suitor's Encampment -- Lord Leverance's Pavilion

After the audience with the Keyholder, none of the suitors were inclined to return to their quarters in the Castle. They all had their own luxurious pavilions with every convenience they could want and there were no .... ghosts. They had spend the last thirty minutes listening to Connor Podraza storm about the indignity of being questioned under Truthspell by an "uncivilized little barbarian tart!" with other choice remarks about her brother, her companion, Lady Satira and the odd assortment of allies that seemed to be appearing -- chiefly the Orc King. Leverance finally reached the end of his patience.*

Leverance: Sit down, Podraza. And shut up. *His tone of voice was enough. Podraza sat.*

Kennicott: Do you think she had anything to do with what happened to Gilfillan?

Leverance: Of course she did! And if I could prove it, I'd be sending for reinforcements to take this damned pile of stone!

Gallagher: Just because she doesn't appeal to you, Leverance, doesn't mean that the rest of us aren't inclined to sample her charms before we kill her. *Lifting his goblet as if for a toast.* I promise you, dear fellows, if I win the Lady's hand I will be more than happy to share her with you. After I've bred an heir or two on her, of course. *They laugh and drink.*

Kennicott: I pledge that as well. We should all have some recompense for our pains. I'm for keeping her alive as long as possible. There are drugs that my Master of Poisons assures me will make her quite willing to do anything we might suggest. Even to killing that brother of hers. Dose them both and the possibilities for entertainment expand greatly, especially since the drug I have in mind would leave them aware of what is happening but unable to stop themselves. Imagine the agony they would experience if, say, we ordered the brother to rape his sister...

Podraza: I want a turn at her first, before she's too broken. And I want her to know what I'm doing to her.

Leverance: You'll have your turn. We all will. Once we have accomplished our mission...

*Lurking unnoticed behind a curtain in the pavilion, the War Queen stood listening. The charm she wore on her collar was transmitting everything to a receiver in the Keyholder’s tower. Her beloved would know all -- including what the War Queen now intended. Much as she would have liked to shift her form so that her physicality matched the size of her soul, she dared not. The risk that one of these vermin would escape to report what he had seen was too great. Regretting only that she could not use teeth and claws to do the job, the War Queen picked her target, spoke the spell in the language of cats and watched as Podraza died as a result of an air embolism.  The War Queen watched as Anubis appeared to drag the screaming soul of Podraza away.  Amam the Devourer would eat well this night....
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2007 at 4:21pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #12 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 12:27am

#3614  [Rewrite by Penthesilea]

*Penthesilea sat in a private room on one of the upper floors of her tower. No one came there except herself and her daughters. It was the high tech electronic nerve center of her Castle.  She had listened to the recording that the War Queen had made of the suitors’ meeting and the death of Podraza. Penthesilea had no worries about that. The cause of death would be undetectable to the medical examiners that the interlopers had available. They certainly wouldn’t trust any of Penthesilea’s people to make the determination!  As for Gilfillan, his second had accepted Penthesilea’s offer of medical evac back to King’s Bay, that city being the only one in the Coastal Alliance that was in a Magick/Technology Zone. He had been heavily sedated for the trip and was even then being settled into his own bed in his own castle -- where he would spend the rest of his days as a raving lunatic. The helicopter -- a fairly standard affair common in the higher end Tech areas -- was already on the way back. It would stop at the refueling station that she had had established at the halfway point between the Castle and the Coast and it and its crew would be safely back home by nightfall. The rest of Gilfillan’s entourage was busy packing up. They would have to take the long, hard way home since their trucks would have to go Crowhaven, be loaded on barges, go down river until they reached Chandara and then make the drive north to King’s Bay -- provided that they didn’t decide to leave the river earlier and take their chances on the poor roads further inland. Penthesilea had no sympathy for them. They had had their nerve showing up in the first place. Let their Gods see to their safety.
     Penthesilea smiled. People made the mistake of thinking that because she didn’t like to kill and avoided it when she could that she wouldn’t kill if she had to. They thought that she was soft, a weak, foolish woman with no stomach for making hard decisions and carrying them out with her own hand. Penthesilea didn’t let others do her dirty work for her -- whether it was cleaning a latrine or executing a prisoner -- and she had about reached the point where she could show that side of herself with impunity. The gremlin caves had been a virtual treasure trove of high tech arms and equipment. Arms and equipment that was presently buried under tons of rubble. Once the gremlins had dug their way into the armories and assessed the damage, she would have a much better idea of what she could do and when. Until then, she would let everyone continue to think that she was helpless. Now, the first order of business was to pull Leverance’s teeth and doing that meant hunting down and killing his “hydra”. She had Ashera tell Torao-Akio and Satira to meet her in her private study and left the room.*
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2007 at 4:50am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #13 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 12:29am

#3615   Penthesilea
The Keyholder’s Study

*Torao-Akio and Satira arrived within minutes of each other and once Penthesilea had heard what they had to say, she gave her orders. *
     “Do what is necessary to find the hydra. I will keep the remaining suitors occupied while you do. They must suspect nothing until we are ready to move. And when we are..” the Keyholder smiled coldly. “I really hope that they do something stupid.”
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2007 at 4:51am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #14 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 12:30am

#3616  [Rewrite by Penthesilea]

*Satira fingered the dagger at her belt without thinking about it and Penthesilea noticed the gesture. More and more, the wary warrior part of her said that Satira merited watching.

Satira: A wrong look would suffice. No real need to do something stupid.

*Torao-Akio nodded his agreement. He had seen too much of their sort in his long life and did not wish to see them gain a foothold in the Castle. 
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2007 at 4:52am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #15 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 12:32am

#3617  Penthesilea

*Penthesilea's reply comes out as a soft hiss.* Oh, yeah...
Get started. Knowing what I know now, it is going to be extremely difficult not to geld these animals and feed them their netherparts! I am much my father's child and while my self control is good it can only hold so long. *With that, Torao-Akio took his leave, leaving the two women alone which he sensed was what Penthesilea wanted. The Keyholder was considerably more astute than most people -- including the suitors and Satira -- gave her credit for being. They were all in for a surprise.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2007 at 4:53am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #16 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 12:33am

#3618  Penthesilea

*Once Torao-Akio had gone to his tasks, there was another matter that needed to be discussed with Satira.* I located him. He is alright. Just not wanting company right now. He'll be back as soon as he can and..if things go sour without warning, one scream from either of us and he'll teleport back -- and may the Gods have mercy on what or whoever made us scream because he won't.  *That said the women parted to their various tasks.*
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2007 at 4:54am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #17 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 12:33am

#3619 [Rewrite by Penthesilea]

The Suitors’ Camp

*The Keyholder’s agents, three of her four cats, roamed the camp unnoticed. Cats were always welcome in such places because were there was food available, vermin of various sorts followed. The cats made sure that they were seen hunting and killing as expected and no one gave them a second thought as they discussed things that they would not want the Keyholder to hear.  After the death of Podraza, following so closely behind Gilfillan’s sudden madness and the gruesome death of his companions, the camp was in a state of quiet panic. The security personnel of the various lords were keeping the lid on by main force but there had already been a few “incidents.” The servants and lesser nobles were ready to bolt, with or without their Lords. Gilfillan’s people were already packing and Podraza’s were considering it. All in all, the cats agreed, a good day’s work.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #18 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 12:36am

Quote:
* Out in the night, the warrior known as "FarWalker" felt the touch of a mind, much beloved and dear to him, but she could have no part of this. This part of himself, he would protect her from. As gently as he could, while still making himself plain, he pushed her away. He felt her astonishment and the "thud" that meant that she had returned to her body. He had no regret. It was for the best. Then he returned to the night.....*

Text deleted.
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2007 at 4:37pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #19 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 12:38am

#3625  Penthesilea

*Penth's "mothering"  instinct kicks in.*
Penthesilea (Inspeaking): Are you going to let me help with that or are you going to be stubborn? You were in worse shape the first time I saw you -- right after you saved MoonCat from being mauled by that bear.

« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2007 at 4:38pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #20 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 12:39am

#3627  [Rewrite by Penthesilea]

Satira overhears a conversation between a pair of servants and learns that Daemon has returned and is in the Castle Pub. She heads there to find him. The wizard can wait a bit. She needs to be sure that her relationship with the Keyholder’s brother is undamaged and if it is, she must do whatever is necessary to repair it.  The Keyholder, love struck idiot that she was, would smile indulgently and forgive her! She enters the Pub and immediately spots her quarry.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2007 at 4:56am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #21 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 11:29pm

Text deleted
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2007 at 5:48am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #22 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 11:30pm

#3631  [Rewrite by Penthesilea]

At the “sound” of his mind voice, Satira relaxed and hurried toward him, relieved that he was speaking to her. She would not have to start over.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #23 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 11:31pm

Quote:
*Penth's "mothering" instinct kicks in.*
Penthesilea (Inspeaking): Are you going to let me help with that or are you going to be stubborn? You were in worse shape the first time I saw you -- right after you saved MoonCat from being mauled by that bear.

You worry too much, sis. I'm healing fast and I'll be back to normal in an hour or so.
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2007 at 7:06pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #24 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 11:32pm

#3634  Penthesilea

Where have I heard that before?
*Mental sigh* I've got to get dressed and play courting games with the scum of the planet. If you hear masculine screaming, think nothing of it. I'm in a foul mood.... *Impressions of very uncomfortable things drift through Daemon's mind..*

Post # 3,100
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2007 at 4:57am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint