Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Symbolic Dreams? (Read 922 times)
Warden Dike

Sanctuary Sorta-Newbie

Symbolic Dreams?
Dec 28th, 2006 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
A few years ago I had a dream, and I cannot, to this day, fugure it out.  I was in a hurry to get somewhere.  Three enities approached me.  They told me they were there to take me to my wedding.  I told them I was not even engaged.  They said yes I was.  One of them raised their hand.  I fell to the ground.  When I awoke I had been bathed and dressed for the occasion.  A woman was in the room with me.  Asked her when had my "engagement" been arranged.  She answered "long before I was born".  At that point a knock was heard at the door leading into the room.  A mans voice asked if I was decent.  The woman said I was and told me my betrothed was here.  I rose from my seat, took a deep breath and turned to see Thanatos himself enter.  I told him he was not what I had expected.  He gave me a bouquet(sp?) of lilies, and said I was not what he expected either.  We were married.  At that point I woke up.  How, pray tell, I am supposed to interpret this.  At a bit of a loss here.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  

Vengence Flies on Swift Wings
&&
League of Extraordinary Weirdos
&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Symbolic Dreams?
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2006 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Swordsis, you and I have been hashing this one over for years and I am as much at a loss as you are. Maybe some of our other forum members will have some insight on it.

IP Logged

Salanthos

May Random Joy be Unto
You

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2007 at 5:03am
Print Post  
It could have something to do with the idea of predestination, I can't help but think the idea of having a wedding arranged without your knowledge is significant.  If so, it might be that you think or you fear that your choices have been/are made for you?  or that there may be a loss of control?

As for the choice of groom, it might indicate you and he are supposed to be close, although not necessarily romantically (forgive my ignorance, is Thanatos your god, or someone's usename, or what?) or that you think you should be, maybe?

That's all I can think of, at the moment...Hope it's helpful.

SmileyBetrayal is Forever Smiley&& Smileyinverse retrograde karma by proxy! but... but... what does it mean?Smiley&&&&Smiley"It's entirely possible that, in the great play we call life, you aren't the main character." -Little Billy&&SmileyYou shall know the truth, and it shall make you odd.Smiley&&&&Smiley "We are not pacifists. Allowing harm to continue is not harming none; it is harmi

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2007 at 5:30am
Print Post  
I think maybe it is a representation of your understanding of the inevitability of death, and the recognition that death does not necessarily mean the end of existence. That death can mean the beginning of a whole new experience, much as marriage means the beginning of a whole new relationship with life.

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint