Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Penthesilea's Renovation (Read 47301 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Penthesilea's Renovation
Reply #200 - Sep 14th, 2013 at 1:45am
Print Post  
I haven't been on the stepper this week but I "have" been hiking through museums -- up and down stairs -- and state parks so I think I can be pardoned. One thing I have confirmed is that once I get past the initial PAIN associated with a lot of walking, I have less knee/shin pain. I have plenty of the muscle pain that's associated with unaccustomed exercise but that's different from what I usually have. NOW, armed with that information, all I have to do is keep the activity level up after vacation is over and winter moves in......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #201 - Sep 19th, 2013 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Okay, the nagging feeling of "what's the use?" is starting to ebb a bit and I know I have enough brocade to make my "reward" dress. So I know I can make the dress. NOW, I have to earn the dress. Skywise ran across a quote on the internet last week. It said: "Skinny people look good in clothes. Fit (healthy) people look good naked." Then he said that he wanted to look good naked. I told him that I wanted him to look good naked too. [Side note: he already looks pretty good to me but I get what he meant.]
And I want to look good naked too. So next week is our last full week of vacation and once it's over, it will be back to work. Let's see what I can accomplish between now and the end of the year.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #202 - Sep 23rd, 2013 at 2:24am
Print Post  
I have a photograph of the body I want. It's a nude from an artist's "pose book" I have. I'd share it but it IS a nude and I've yet to find it online and the book isn't on DVD. But I can copy it with the copier and put it where I can see it when I need to be reminded of my destination and maybe need a tiny bit more motivation to complete that last rep or do one more set.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #203 - Oct 4th, 2013 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Well, yesterday's weigh-in wasn't too bad actually. The three week vacation didn't set me back "weight wise" as badly as I had feared. I suspect that it will take a week, maybe two, to get back to where I was on the stepper before the vacation started once my knees/shins stop aching at the slightest provocation. Regardless, next week, which isn't that far away now, I'll be back in the saddle. I'd like to get to the point where I'm losing 2 pounds a week on average. Not quite sure how I'm going to accomplish that but that's the goal. Some experimentation will be needed.
And where is an unbearably sexy personal trainer/cheerleader when I need him!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #204 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 4:35am
Print Post  
I got on the stepper this evening and made my goal plus a little more. I still have a ways to go to get back to where I was but I'm encouraged. I didn't lose nearly as much ground as I feared but if I'm going to lose two pounds a week (average) over the next six months or so, I'm going to have to add to my routine and since it's October already, it will have to be "inside exercise" since cold fall/winter rain is NOT conducive to exercising! The fact that I've been on a weight loss plateau has NOT helped. I guess I'll have to start experimenting and see what works.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #205 - Jan 3rd, 2014 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
I've just about cleaned my way to the stepper. The snow is too deep for easy walking which is where I'd have to start so I'll be starting in on the stepper again, probably this weekend or early next week. I've decided that when I reach and maintain a specific weight loss goal I'm going to reward myself with a specific "non-fattening" reward. The first reward to be obtained after I lose the first 20 pounds is two pairs of shoes -- one pair in black and the other in silver. The second to be awarded when the second 20 pounds is history involves some totally impractical bling. Haven't definitely decided the specifics but I've got a short list, you betcha!! And the last "carrot" is, of course, THE DRESS! I'm gonna look so damned hot in that dress I'm going to need a squad of firefighters in attendance in case something catches fire as I walk by! Since this is "me" saying this -- I who have a uniformly poor opinion of my potential for "hot" most of the time -- you can be assured that even a profoundly disinterested male is gonna at least look!

I can't wait.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #206 - Jan 8th, 2014 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
I've managed to lose nearly 2 pounds since the 1st but doing it via a bout of stomach flu is NOT the way I wanted to do it! I'm pretty much over it now but I still don't have much appetite. I'm hoping I'm entering another low/no appetite phase that will help me avoid eating the things I shouldn't. Cravings and the "nervous nibbles" are the pits and the sooner I drop 20 pounds, the sooner I can get those shoes! Two pairs, one pair in black and one in silver...
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2014 at 8:00pm by Penthesilea »  

Touch_Up_Monaco.jpg ( 13 KB | Downloads )
Touch_Up_Monaco.jpg

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #207 - Feb 7th, 2014 at 2:55am
Print Post  
I've decided to grow my bangs out. Hopefully I'll be able to do it without losing my mind. I've had them for about 15 to 20 years so I consulted with Skywise to see what he thought and he thinks I should let them grow out, especially since the reason I started wearing them in the first place no longer applies. Nice thing about this particular hairstyle change is that if I change my mind, I can change back in about five minutes or less but I'll probably give it a year or so to see how I like it.

Wonder how I'd look with a "Jessica Rabbit" hairdo......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #208 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 4:50am
Print Post  
This is pretty close to what I'm aiming for...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #209 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 2:00am
Print Post  
"Renovations" have not been going well. I'm "holding my own" but that's about it. One thing I've realized is that if I'm going to get anywhere, I'm going to have to stop expending my time and energy on those who don't appreciate my efforts. I need to start taking better care of myself. I could get away with "neglect" when I was younger but I've realized that I can't do that now. I'm going to have to push myself to develop the necessary habits and arrange my life so I have the energy to follow through. I'm gonna have to set some boundaries which will probably cause some upset but I can't worry about that too much. The people that matter want me to be healthy and happy. Those that don't want that don't deserve my time, attention or energy.
I'm exhausted, more mentally than physically although that's a component too, and the sources of "mental exhaustion" are going to have to be reined in. Then I'm going to work on "raising my vibration" which I know how to do but I've slipped out of the habit. I suspect that it will take a while to get back on track but if I can get my vibes up and the mental sludge that's accumulated over the last few years shoveled out, the rest will come.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2014 at 2:44am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #210 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
I've been looking around here ----> http://www.leatherlore.com/index1.htm

And I've discovered that they now take credit cards which they had not done previously. I'm in trouble! But I'm not gonna spend that much on armor and/or leather goods until I've got a body that will look good in it. Soooooo........ more incentive!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #211 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 1:02am
Print Post  
I haven't updated this in a while but I have some encouraging news to report.
No, I'm not a size 12. Not yet anyway but I do seem to have hit on a "cure" for my leg pain problems. I haven't had to take any aspirin for it in about six weeks and I'm walking without a limp of any sort for the first time in years and with very little discomfort most days. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing and by the time things have thawed up and dried out enough that I can walk without slipping in mud or freezing my nose and/or my backside, I "should" be able to start a walking program. Once I have that established, I'll decide what else to add to my program -- probably some strength building exercises.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #212 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
My plans for "renovation" got sidetracked by the whole "cataract thing" but now that the surgery is out of the way along with all the uncertainty surrounding it, I'm ready to get back on track. In addition to the walking, I really need to do some strength/resistance training. I'm going to go back to archery -- which I set aside because I couldn't see well enough to hit what I was aiming at -- and that does require a certain amount of upper body strength. I'm also going to resume my sword training exercises and that really requires upper body strength! I'll need to be careful and take it slow -- especially the sword training! -- since I don't want to tear/strain something and need PT like Skywise did. So... slow and steady but CONSISTENT and relentless. Hopefully, "real life" will now get the hell out of my way and let me enjoy the rest of my life!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #213 - May 1st, 2016 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Thoroughly disgusted.
I tried to string my bow a few minutes ago the old fashioned way and discovered that I am no where near strong enough.
I've ordered a bow stringer which I hope will allow me to string my bow. If it doesn't, I'll have to start exercises to build upper body strength which I need to do anyway but I was hoping to get some of that exercise shooting.Smiley

The target stand needs modification but that's another post. Smiley
Fortunately, Rural King has no shortage of PVC pipe and fittings.....
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2020 at 3:15am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #214 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 5:32am
Print Post  
Well, I'm back to "renovations". *sigh*
On the plus side, I've lost 15.6 pounds (as of Monday morning's weigh-in) since the last of August and will probably continue to do so given that  -- thanks to Type 2 diabetes -- I'm restricted to 30 to 45 grams of carbohydrate per meal per day. Exercise is going to be undertaken carefully given that I have what is being called a "pretty significant" case of arthritis in my knees. I'm currently in PT until the end of the month but I expect to be doing exercises of some sort indefinitely. I'm hoping to avoid bilateral total knee replacement (in "plainspeak" that means have having both knee joints removed and replaced at the same time with a year or more of rehab afterward) but the possibility is something I have to consider.

As I continue to lose weight -- and my goal is to weigh what I did when we got married -- I will need a new much smaller -- sizewise -- wardrobe. I intend to get by with increasingly baggy sweatshirts and jeans that I can put "layers" under during the winter but that won't fly come spring. The question now is what should this new wardrobe consist of? Skywise has a "thing" for skirts, pencil skirts in particular.
I hate skirts!
I love long dresses for appropriately dressy occasions -- even if they are a pain in the restroom -- but skirts for everyday wear.... NO WAY IN HELL!! I got enough of that Smiley when I was in high school and afterward when I was working in an office. I want to avoid the "old lady" look that I see too much of on women of my age group but I don't want to dress too "young" and look ridiculous either. "Style" websites for women my age are no help. One will say that a certain item is a "must have" while another will say that the same thing is to be avoided at all costs!! *sigh* As usual, I'll have to figure it out myself. *snark*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #215 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
It seemed like my jeans were getting loose so just for the heck of it, I dug out a pair of old jeans that are one size smaller than what I'm wearing.
THEY FIT!  Smiley
They're snug but I can zip them up and sit down in them without them binding.  Smiley Naturally I have five pairs of relatively new jeans in the larger size. Oh well, winter is coming and the likelihood of needing to wear thermals or sweatpants under my jeans is good if the weatherdudes know what they're talking about.
I wonder what size I'll be by Spring.....  Smiley

Post #42,020
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2019 at 11:49pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #216 - Nov 11th, 2019 at 6:00am
Print Post  
Skywise and I are looking at Bullworkers. He bought one decades ago but we stopped using it. Unfortunately, we're both losing muscle mass due to age a state of affairs that neither of us likes so getting a new and improved Bullworker looks to be in the near future. We're leaning toward getting a 20 inch one rather than the 36 inch -- which is what Skywise got originally -- since it would be easier to handle and I could use it while sitting here at the computer.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #217 - Dec 9th, 2019 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
I've lost 27 pounds since the last of August.  Smiley
It would have been nice to do it without being diabetic though.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #218 - Dec 20th, 2019 at 5:11am
Print Post  
As of this morning's weigh in, I've lost 27.4 pounds since the last of August. Quick and dirty figures: I'm losing about a pound every three days. There are "blips", of course, but I'm losing weight steadily. Skywise has pledged a substantial amount to outfit me with a new wardrobe when I reach my goal -- approximately 50 pounds from now. I pointed out that I'm gonna need new clothes before then since I'll be -- as he puts it -- "walking out of my clothes" in about another 10 to 15 pounds. I've already had to add a hole to my belt to keep my jeans from being "hiphuggers". It's a nice "problem" to have but I'd like to wear my jeans out before pitching them! On the plus side, I can pass my wardrobe of black men's shirts onto Skywise. He's losing weight too and they almost fit him perfectly so they, at least, won't be wasted. He's still insisting on at least one "pencil skirt" with a back slit so I can walk in it. I told him to check out the pattern catalogs since, if my body returns to it's former proportions, I'll be one size in the waist and another in the hips and just making the skirt from scratch is a lot easier than altering a ready made skirt. It will be black, of course, or maybe red.
As far as "style" is concerned, I love vintage styles including those from the 60's and 70's so once I have a basic wardrobe of pants and tee-shirts, I may go in that direction. (I really need to see what condition my fedora is in.....  Smiley) Fortunately, I still have every sewing pattern I've ever owned plus some that belonged to my late aunt so I won't have to hunt the "decades out of print" pattern sites to find something that appeals!   

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #219 - Jun 7th, 2020 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
As of this morning, I've lost 46 pounds since the last of August. I'm not losing at the pace I was to start but that's okay as long as the numbers keep going down. I'm only getting one or two pair of jeans as my weight drops. I don't want to spend a ton of money on clothes I won't be able to wear for long.
Nice problem to have....

Post #70,000 for the site... WOW!
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2020 at 6:33pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #220 - Dec 11th, 2020 at 5:35am
Print Post  
Right now, my weight loss is stalled. I suspect that's due to my decreased mobility. The "easy" weight is off, thanks to my diet but until something can be done about my knees, any kind of calorie/fat burning exercise is going to be "off the table". I'm hoping that once I have the injections I'm waiting for -- which I hope won't be further delayed -- I can at least start a walking program that will strengthen my legs and burn some calories. I'm waiting for the medication to arrive and once I have that, I can make the necessary appointments. The injections can take up to 8 weeks to really work and usually last 4 to 6 months -- enough time to hopefully walk some weight off.

I'm hoping that it will be possible to put off surgery until the pandemic is under control. Trying to do "rehab" while under a lockdown would be a serious pain in the posterior!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 
Send TopicPrint