Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin': Attack of the Posts (Read 41004 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin': Attack of the Posts
Reply #475 - Apr 26th, 2007 at 8:29pm

Yes... grrrrrr.... I once lost a couple hours worth of Castle work when my comp crashed when I went to save my work. I was NOT a happy camper..... Angry

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #476 - Apr 27th, 2007 at 12:29am

All's quiet weatherwise-- at least for the moment. So I'm back for a while.

ETA @ 8:47p.m. Oh hell, here we go again. Bye. Be safe!
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2007 at 12:48am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Reply #477 - Apr 27th, 2007 at 1:19am

I think the tornado sirens were just going off... but I'm really not sure.  I don't SEE any tornadoes.....  Grin

Not like I really have anywhere to go if there is one.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #478 - Apr 27th, 2007 at 1:46am

The bathroom or an interior closet.

IP Logged

FuryRising

by Nothing.

Reply #479 - Apr 27th, 2007 at 2:32pm

Almost everything is on an outside wall.  Excellent planning on the builders part, eh?

Oh well...hopefully I never really have to worry about it.  The sky turned a pretty cool shade of green yesterday though. Always a little creepy.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #480 - Apr 27th, 2007 at 4:06pm

When the sky turns green, I send the kids to the basement.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #481 - Apr 27th, 2007 at 4:17pm

Okay guys. I feel awful. The throat is scratchy and I'm cold. [Temperature last I checked is 97.4.] I'm going to take my little self to bed and curl up. I'll be in and out today as I certainly don't feel like writing. And yes, Black Rose, I will do my meditation today and will report as usual.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #482 - Apr 27th, 2007 at 6:01pm

Good. The place is still here.  I'm starting to run a bit of a fever so it is back to bed with the kitties. Later. Be safe.

IP Logged

FuryRising

by Nothing.

Reply #483 - Apr 28th, 2007 at 2:28am

Are you feeling better?

Are your shields holding ok? (I had this feeling... I dunno.  Thought I'd ask.)

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #484 - Apr 28th, 2007 at 4:04am

About the same. My temperature doesn't want to go down but it isn't any higher. I'll probably just let it go as high as it wants (within reason!) tonight and see how I'm doing in the morning. I'll go over my shields before I go back to bed tonight. Thanks for asking.

IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #485 - Apr 28th, 2007 at 11:22am

I have done something unforgivable this morning. It at started when the Hearth Queen brought up a small blob on my bedroom floor. I took a wad of paper towel gathered it up and at first put it in the wastebasket, but it insisted on unfolding to show its contents and being the stupid, squeamish person that I am, I decided to flush it down the toilet. Mistake number one. I had put the whole shucky-dern in the toilet instead of shaking it down, which is mistake number two. When I didn't hear the usual toilet sound, I decided to try to unclog it myself. I tried to unstop the toilet, but the clog wouldn't budge. That's when I made mistake number three. I tried flushing the toilet to see if I can dislodge the clog. To make a long story short, the bathroom floor is covered in newspapers, the sewing area in the basement has water damage, my parents want to kill (or at least do something equally awful) me, and all and all the WORST way to wake up in the morning. I think I will revoke my internet privileges for a week for my punishment. I am very sorry, Mom and Dad. It just had to on THAT day of all things. I am such a stupid boob that I will clean the litter boxes all by myself for a week as penance. I will pick up the wet newspapers off the bathroom floor all by myself once they are dry. It will not happen again. I will be punished to the full extent of the parental law. I don't know if I can be forgiven for this...

Cleaning house with the Dustbuster2!

GTalk  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #486 - Apr 28th, 2007 at 6:01pm

MoonCat wrote on Apr 28th, 2007 at 11:22am:
I have done something unforgivable this morning. It at started when the Hearth Queen brought up a small blob on my bedroom floor. I took a wad of paper towel gathered it up and at first put it in the wastebasket, but it insisted on unfolding to show its contents and being the stupid, squeamish person that I am, I decided to flush it down the toilet. Mistake number one. I had put the whole shucky-dern in the toilet instead of shaking it down, which is mistake number two. When I didn't hear the usual toilet sound, I decided to try to unclog it myself. I tried to unstop the toilet, but the clog wouldn't budge. That's when I made mistake number three. I tried flushing the toilet to see if I can dislodge the clog. To make a long story short, the bathroom floor is covered in newspapers, the sewing area in the basement has water damage, my parents want to kill (or at least do something equally awful) me, and all and all the WORST way to wake up in the morning. I think I will revoke my internet privileges for a week for my punishment. I am very sorry, Mom and Dad. It just had to on THAT day of all things. I am such a stupid boob that I will clean the litter boxes all by myself for a week as penance. I will pick up the wet newspapers off the bathroom floor all by myself once they are dry. It will not happen again. I will be punished to the full extent of the parental law. I don't know if I can be forgiven for this...
*SWAT!!!* The child is forgiven, for gosh sakes! Although seeing as how I'm under the weather, help with the clean up and the litter boxes -- we have 7 of them -- will be appreciated.  The only thing that worries me now is my sewing machine which was located directly under the bathroom in question and got dripped on. The foot pedal was in a small, shallow puddle. I'll dry everything out and we shall see.  But I am not going to horsewhip the child and she will NEVER do that again.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #487 - Apr 28th, 2007 at 8:07pm

I'm going to go lay down for a while so I'm going to give the computer to Spirit. I'll be back later. Hugs.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #488 - Apr 29th, 2007 at 2:36am

I'm back. Since I seem to have the place to myself, I'll go process some words....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #489 - Apr 29th, 2007 at 3:37am

Thought I'd let you know I'm feeling better. My temperature is back to normal (or what passes for normal for me!) and my throat is no longer scratchy. I'm still sneezing from time to time and I cough once in a while but other than that, I'm good.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #490 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 1:35am

The processing of words goes well. Our heroes are on the trail of the monster and gruesome discoveries are just around the corner. After that, I'll have to find a way to complicate their lives for about 20 to 30 thousand words before they find the monster -- not the one that they are looking for, mind you! -- but a respectable challenge nonetheless. Plus I need to throw in what deviltry Ares is putting the Darklord through and what evil the current villain and his sleazy daughter are up to.... *cracks knuckles* Time to type.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #491 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 2:41am

I have come to the conclusion that the full range of the villain's depravity can only be hinted at in PG-13. *sigh* It's gonna have to wait for the book. Sorry, guys. I refuse to get banned from my own site.

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #492 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 8:06am

Penthesilea wrote on Apr 28th, 2007 at 6:01pm:
MoonCat wrote on Apr 28th, 2007 at 11:22am:
*SWAT!!!* The child is forgiven, for gosh sakes! Although seeing as how I'm under the weather, help with the clean up and the litter boxes -- we have 7 of them -- will be appreciated.  The only thing that worries me now is my sewing machine which was located directly under the bathroom in question and got dripped on. The foot pedal was in a small, shallow puddle. I'll dry everything out and we shall see.  But I am not going to horsewhip the child and she will NEVER do that again.....

Honey, we all do hare-brained things every once in a while. You just got distracted and didn't think it through at the time, it was a YUCK situation. I'm sure everything will be fine!. (((HUGS)))

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

PD
God Member

aka ~ Brat

Reply #493 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 9:22am

It could be worse, the cat could have brought a LIVE blob  into the house...chased it and then sat infront of you EATING it!!!  Thats what my cat did to me once...

~ BRAT ~
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #494 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 2:13pm

We have had the cats bring all sorts of live prey into the house. Birds, mice, ground squirrels, snakes....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #495 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 4:59pm

*YAWN!!!*
I had too much caffeine last night.
I didn't fall asleep until after 5 a.m.
I woke up at 8:30 a.m. and was off and running.
There is a substantial nap in my immediate future -- as in as soon as Skywise leaves for work!
I'll be back later this afternoon or early this evening. Be safe.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #496 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 11:07pm

I'm awake. I'm alive. I should  be able to make it to bedtime which, since Skywise isn't on the late shift tonight, should be at a reasonable time!  Grin

On my mind: A book that I'm re-reading and will comment on later. The fact that I'm even reading it might shock some folks....
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2007 at 11:09pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #497 - May 1st, 2007 at 3:51pm

A large black ant just ran into the printer.
This is NOT good....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #498 - May 1st, 2007 at 4:10pm

It can be hard to watch karmic payback in progress. But some lessons must be learned the very hardest way. I just hope that the lesson is learned this time because if it isn't, the next attempt is gonna be a bitch....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #499 - May 1st, 2007 at 6:09pm

ggggrrrr There are ANTS in the dishwasher....
And if people don't quit leaving empty Coke cans on the counter WHICH ATTRACT THE ANTS, Mom is going to go on the warpath......

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41
Send TopicPrint