Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin': Attack of the Posts (Read 40752 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin': Attack of the Posts
Reply #750 - Jun 15th, 2007 at 8:41pm

Penthesilea wrote on Jun 15th, 2007 at 5:13pm:
I'm off to do writing and other stuff. I'll swing by to check in when I can.
The writing progresses. Although it WOULD be easier if one of the former writers had been more interested in following the story than she was in getting the Darklord in a compromising sexual situation!! (That's why her "replacement character" is a succubus, by the way!) I'm in for a bit to check some things on the original threads then I'll be off again to do battle with ... well... never mind that!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #751 - Jun 15th, 2007 at 9:15pm

FuryRising wrote on Jun 15th, 2007 at 6:35pm:
[quote]

Oooh... are you going to share what you picked out!? I love Amazon... and have to avoid it because I wind up with a bunch of new books every time I go on there.  (Their CD prices are pretty good too...)

I'm inclined to disagree with some of those as being indicators that a relationship definitely is not that of soul mates...as most of those things are present in ANY new relationship... (well, hopefully except for the lying, manipulating, worry, jealousy and neglect parts....).

And, just for the clincher, I'm going to throw in here that I don't necessarily believe in soul mates.... I just thought I'd put in my .02.  Wink Sounds like you may have an interesting book on your hands though.

I believe in soul groups and that soul mates are possible. And yeah, the book is interesting. I'm still reading it as time permits as I consider it "pleasure reading" rather than "serious" reading.  Grin

The two books I'm expecting in September are "Psychic Energy Codex: Awakening your Subtle Senses" by Michelle Belanger and "Vampires in Their Own Words: An Anthology of Vampire Voices" edited by Michelle Belanger. I probably won't have much time to read them during our vacation but with fall and then winter on the horizon, I'll have my reading list for the dark half of the year all set!

The two I'm expecting next week (I ordered them from an instate vendor.) are "Tactical Magick" by Seth and "Creating Magickal Entities: A Complete Guide to Entity Creation" by David Michael Cunningham. I've been looking for books on those subjects for a while now. I guess it is like the old saying. "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." Or in this case, the book...

« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2007 at 9:19pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #752 - Jun 15th, 2007 at 9:54pm

Penthesilea wrote on Jun 15th, 2007 at 8:41pm:
Penthesilea wrote on Jun 15th, 2007 at 5:13pm:
I'm off to do writing and other stuff. I'll swing by to check in when I can.
The writing progresses. Although it WOULD be easier if one of the former writers had been more interested in following the story than she was in getting the Darklord in a compromising sexual situation!! (That's why her "replacement character" is a succubus, by the way!) I'm in for a bit to check some things on the original threads then I'll be off again to do battle with ... well... never mind that!

I've got the references I need -- something like 90 plus pages worth in a word document. Now I get to pull out what I need for the story to make sense, write the "links" I need to, again, make the story make sense, and then, I HOPE, get to write a different and much more personally satisfying ending to this particular pivotal sequence in the story!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #753 - Jun 15th, 2007 at 11:45pm

Well, I've posted all the Castle stuff that I have ready to go. I've decided to post it in "bite sized" pieces as I go along with the rewrite since the thought of making 300+ posts all in one session was a bit much even for me!  The spirit might be willing but I'm not sure the eyes would cooperate and I KNOW that the posterior wouldn't!  Grin I hope to be up to the "Penth goes crazy" section by the end of the weekend. That will be the last subsection in that thread. And I strongly suggest, if you haven't already read it at the Castle's original home, that you do NOT read it if you are the least bit squeamish......  muwahahahahahahahaha

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #754 - Jun 16th, 2007 at 1:33am

I just realized that I haven't eaten since about 10:45 this morning. That probably explains why I feel like I do at the moment. I miss having someone around to remind me to eat...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #755 - Jun 16th, 2007 at 3:38am

I have added approximately 45 posts to the part of the Castle I've yet to post. I have edited out all the extraneous "stuff" and I'm reasonably sure that I have the new posts in the right places. [Things got a bit out of sequence and downright overlooked in the heat of the original posting!  Grin ] Rewriting what needs to be rewritten so it makes sense will be tomorrow's writing project.  Smiley With luck, I'll get enough done to justify putting it up.

IP Logged

FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Reply #756 - Jun 16th, 2007 at 10:37am

Ok, I think this is where someone mentioned pics... so I'm putting them here.  Grin

Here's the hoops:

And the new tat!

Which is obviously still healing.   Tongue

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #757 - Jun 16th, 2007 at 4:26pm

Interesting design on that tattoo and I can see the pinkness around it in the photo. I bet your shirt collar irritates the hell out of it. I'd need a powerful reason to get one or to have my ears pierced any more than they already are!! [I was traumatized in my teens. Long story...]

And what in the name of all that's holy are you doing up so early?! It's Saturday, fer crying out loud!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #758 - Jun 16th, 2007 at 7:33pm

Well, MoonCat has the computer while I go to make sense of the Darklord's problematic lovelife -- in the Castle, sillies! -- and I'm hoping to have more to post this evening. I still haven't figured out how he got into so much trouble. AND I WAS THERE!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #759 - Jun 16th, 2007 at 10:57pm

Well, I've gotten to a good stopping spot on the rewrites so I will have some posting to do tonight. I'm going to let MoonCat finish up her stuff before I take the computer for the night. I'll be back and posting in a couple of hours more or less.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #760 - Jun 17th, 2007 at 1:44am

Spirit is watching Power Puff Girls videos and is acting along with them at the top of her lungs. And let me tell you -- my girl has LUNGS! [Fingers in the ears smilies..]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #761 - Jun 17th, 2007 at 5:00am

*Yawn* The eyes are killing me   Shocked and I'm packing it in. The next batch of Castle posts is kinda involved -- you will understand when you see them -- and given that Sunday is Father's Day, it might be Tuesday or Wednesday before I get this next batch up. *Yawn* Just don't think that I've forgotten about it. I won't forget. I'll just be slaving over a hot keyboard pounding out the details. Nite everyone. Be safe.

IP Logged

bladeraven

Da Momma

Reply #762 - Jun 17th, 2007 at 12:28pm

Be safe Penth *HUGS*

Dealing with a new roundof nincompoops who join an active moms group and hello..when you see the sign on the front saying active mom's group and playgroup...I think it's safe to say there will be a lot of emails and playgroup activities...had a mom actually say to me

"Hi,
You can remove me.  I just joined a few days ago but clearly this is not the group for me.  It was my intention to join a mommy group to occasionally share time with our kids together (not to feel compelled to answer "Questions of the Day" or risk getting kicked out) and have found a better group to suit my needs.  I find it impossible to believe that you all spend enough time with your kids with the massive amount of emails that I've received over the last few days over silly subjects.  Where on earth do you find the time?  I prefer to spend my time interfacing with my child rather than a keyboard.   

I appreciate your time and please accept this as constructive feedback.  Perhaps this is the reason for lack of participation that I keep reading about within the group.

Thank you."

What the freaking fraking @#%@%@!

When she joined she wanted an active MOMS GROUP AND PLAYGROUP so she can meet other moms and kids...I think she was a lurkr or a guy.

Maybe if she had actually CHECKED her email she wouldn't have a lot of email and uhm...hello...good luck finding a group that doesn't kick her butt out for NON PARTICIPATION.

Being defiant isn't always a bad thing; Refusing to be belittle or struck down isn't a bad thing; Submitting is a bad thing.
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #763 - Jun 17th, 2007 at 3:58pm

Smiley Bladey. Sorry that you have to deal with this nonsense! I made some headway in the "figuring out what to do" part, including how to break all the evil spells on Penthesilea. "What evil spells?" you ask. Keep reading the Castle. In the next section, the fertilizer WILL hit the fan.
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2007 at 3:59pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #764 - Jun 17th, 2007 at 6:32pm

I'm taking a break from trying to bring order out of the chaos that is this batch of Castle posts. One of the "member characters" at the time seemed bound and determined to hijack the story, ignore everything else that was going on, go her own way and mess up the story I was trying to tell which involved a life changing development in my character's life. Things went a lot smoother once she and her associated thread moved on. But at this particular point in time she and it were a part of the story so I gotta deal.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley I will deal. I will deal. I will deal. I will deal. I will deal. I will deal. I will deal. I WILL DEAL!! [If we had a "hair tearing" smilie I'd use it here!]
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2007 at 7:08pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #765 - Jun 18th, 2007 at 2:31am

The Divine Conspiracy is coming along nicely. And it looks like another female is gonna be after the Darklord's .. ahem... services.  Grin And she's a Goddess. But She is going to have to wait her turn. The line forms on the right and the end is three quarters of a mile thataway! -------->
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2007 at 4:49am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #766 - Jun 18th, 2007 at 4:51am

*Yawn* Tired writer person here. I'm going to head for bed. My eyes are shot and my brain is fried but I have "conspired divinely" and I AM making progress! See ya all tomorrow. Be safe.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #767 - Jun 18th, 2007 at 5:11pm

Afternoon! I'm here finally. I spent most of the morning (not to mention part of last night! Turns out I wasn't as tired as I thought!  Grin ) doing things that can't be discussed on a PG-13 site!  Smiley  Well, you can but I'd better NOT!!  Wink Castlewise, I'm working on getting Kodiak and Penth where I want them for the big finish. Once I've got THAT set up, I'll do Act One for the monster hunt that has me stuck and see what I can do about sorting out the incomprehensible mess left behind by a female member character who shall remain nameless..
Like I said before it will probably be Tuesday or Wednesday -- and I'm thinking that it will be Wednesday unless I get on a real roll -- before I get the rest of this section up.
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2007 at 7:43pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Deirachel
Forum Administrator

Ego eo

Reply #768 - Jun 18th, 2007 at 8:13pm

Bladey, I wonder if that woman ever lets her baby sleep.  Cause, you know you can't use a couple of minutes of your kid's nap time to hit the computer.....  No, then you wouldn't be interacting with your child, because well, they're asleep.  We can't have that.  Gotta instill workaholic, insomniac values early I say!
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2007 at 8:13pm by Deirachel »  
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #769 - Jun 18th, 2007 at 8:15pm

Deirachel wrote on Jun 18th, 2007 at 8:13pm:
Bladey, I wonder if that woman ever lets her baby sleep.  Cause, you know you can't use a couple of minutes of your kid's nap time to hit the computer.....  No, then you wouldn't be interacting with your child, because well, they're asleep.  We can't have that.  Gotta instill workaholic, insomniac values early I say!

EXACTLY!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #770 - Jun 18th, 2007 at 9:02pm

I've been thinking about increasing the "grossness factor" of this Castle section. I've decided not to. It is quite gross enough!! Shocked

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #771 - Jun 18th, 2007 at 9:57pm

I'm trying to keep an eye on the weather -- rain finally!! -- and to write something suitably pretentious that just isn't coming out like I want it to. grrrrrrrr I've got the "final pronouncement", it is the "lead in" I'm having trouble with. *snark!* [Goes to wrestle with words....]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #772 - Jun 18th, 2007 at 10:43pm

The "Pretentious Pronouncement" is done!  Smiley I need a break and I need to do something besides write! So the kids have the computer and I'll be back in a while. Be safe.

IP Logged

FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Reply #773 - Jun 19th, 2007 at 2:26am

Ok, seriously... what is it about me that attracts strange strange strange people?  Am I putting something out there?!  Ahhhh..... *runs around in a circle like a crazy woman*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #774 - Jun 19th, 2007 at 2:35am

Well, the "crazy woman running in a circle" thing might have something to do with it.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2007 at 2:36am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41
Send TopicPrint