Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Favorite Methods of Divination (Read 2002 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Favorite Methods of Divination
Mar 30th, 2007 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
My favorite method is to play "20 Questions" with my runes.  I learned this method from the book "A Practical Guide to the Runes" by Lisa Peschel

I take the runes, less the "Wyrd" or blank rune, and put them face down on the table. Then I mix them thoroughly and lay them out in two or three rows. Then I ask my question in a way that can be answered "Yes" or "No". I pass my power hand over  the runes and when I get a "hit" --- a tingling in my palm -- I take that rune and put it a row. When I have selected 3, I turn them over. An upright rune is "Yes." An inverted rune is "No." Since there are 3 runes there will be at least 2 that are either yes or no. Three of a kind, I take to mean "Absolutely" one way or another.

For important matters, I will ask the same questions several different ways during a session. If the answers remain consistent, I assume that the matter is pretty much set, at least for the moment. For ongoing situations, I will ask the questions over several sessions to see how the situation is changing.

IP Logged

bladeraven

Da Momma

Re: Favorite Methods of Divination
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2007 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
So far the best methods for me has been the tarot and oracles...

Never tried runes..those sound interesting...Are there any particular sets you recommend?

Being defiant isn't always a bad thing; Refusing to be belittle or struck down isn't a bad thing; Submitting is a bad thing.
YIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2007 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
I made my own. LOL I got a 1 x 2 x 24 inch piece of oak at Lowes and cut the tiles off of the end. They aren't exactly the same width but they are pretty close. Then I drew the runes on them with a pencil, incised them a bit with an Exacto knife and painted them red. I made a bag to keep them in and did the usual dedication and cleansing and I was good to go. The book I mentioned in my othe post is still in print and it is a good basic primer to start with.

IP Logged

FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2007 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Decorative stones from places such as Hobby Lobby work well too.  Just cleanse, cleanse, cleanse first!

I use a little bit of everything - runes, tarot, oracle decks, pendulums, scrying... I love it all. Smiley  Tarot mostly of late though.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2007 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
I have a black onyx scrying ball that I will post a picture of as soon as I can get one that I'm satisfied with!  Grin I haven't had much time to work with it but I'm hoping once my current "project" is handled, that will make scrying with the ball easier. At least, from what I understand, it should be easier.  Grin

IP Logged

FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2007 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
I have a pale green ball, as well as a clear quartz ball - one large, one small.  This type of gazing is tricky - if you haven't tried scrying before, you might make yourself a black mirror or pick on up... they tend to be easier to focus on for some reason.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #6 - Apr 18th, 2007 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
I have a black mirror but it needs a new frame. The one it had was too distracting so I'm going to have to either make or buy one. Frankly, I'd rather buy one if I can find something suitable but if I have to make one, I will.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #7 - Apr 22nd, 2007 at 12:41am
Print Post  
I promised to post a picture of this on the other site but since that isn't possible now, here is my black onyx ball. I made the base myself since I couldn't find anything that I liked. Or rather, I did find some bases that I liked but my ball wouldn't fit in them. It is 110 mm across. Yes, DK. MINE IS BIGGER.... and you know what that means....  Grin

IP Logged

Rudas Starblaze

Reply #8 - May 19th, 2007 at 3:31am
Print Post  
i focus my eyes and mind to see beyond reality and see whats about.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint