Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Vengeful spirts of neglected patents (Read 1038 times)
MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Vengeful spirts of neglected patents
Jun 13th, 2007 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
I don't know if this is an appropriate place for this question. If it isn't, then I'll let the mods take care of it. My question is if a patent in a hospital is neglected by the staff and dies while in extreme pain, are they stuck in a hellish limbo, filled with hatred for the doctors who didn't save them, and screaming,"Why, God, WHYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!" ? The same question goes for the patents who die on the operating table. I am asking this because I don't think the Afterlife for these doomed souls is all sunshine, lollipops, rainbows, pink fluffy bunnies, yellow fuzzy ducklings, happy teddy bears, dancing in a daisy field, singing songs, picking flowers, sparkily-poo, and other sickingly sweet stuff that is so sickingly sweet it will rot your teeth. Answers are welcome!

Cleaning house with the Dustbuster2!

GTalk  
IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Re: Vengeful spirts of neglected patents
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2007 at 6:08am
Print Post  
MoonCat wrote on Jun 13th, 2007 at 11:27pm:
I don't know if this is an appropriate place for this question. If it isn't, then I'll let the mods take care of it. My question is if a patent in a hospital is neglected by the staff and dies while in extreme pain, are they stuck in a hellish limbo, filled with hatred for the doctors who didn't save them, and screaming,"Why, God, WHYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!" ? The same question goes for the patents who die on the operating table. I am asking this because I don't think the Afterlife for these doomed souls is all sunshine, lollipops, rainbows, pink fluffy bunnies, yellow fuzzy ducklings, happy teddy bears, dancing in a daisy field, singing songs, picking flowers, sparkily-poo, and other sickingly sweet stuff that is so sickingly sweet it will rot your teeth. Answers are welcome!

Well, those are some good questions hon!

There are a number of theories and beliefs about ghosts, spirits, and the nature of the afterlife. First, I have a question for you-- Do you believe that when souls leave the flesh that they progress in their learning and understanding of the universe and their place in it? Or do you believe that discorporate souls are just like they were in life?

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2007 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Personally, I really don't know. Although, I am leaning towards the latter, but then again, I could be wrong. Maybe both statements are correct. That question really threw me off the loop. At least you responded to my query. I hope to receive more input from you.

Cleaning house with the Dustbuster2!

GTalk  
IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #3 - Jun 30th, 2007 at 2:30am
Print Post  
Of course I responded hon! You asked some really good questions that folks older than both of us are trying to answer, and others have been trying to answer for as long as we have had writing. Besides, I have always liked talking with you!  Grin

One question that there are many answers to is whether or not souls, after they leave the flesh, have any concern at all with the flesh, or whether their new existence eliminates that concern entirely. Some folks think that souls that hang around and are ghosts are those who either don't know they are dead, and are mad that no one will pay attention to them, or want to be back in the flesh so badly they are jealous of those who are still living.

Others feel that souls of the dead are involved in an existence that is so different from being in the flesh that the flesh is no longer important to them, and they may not really want to feel what it was like to be limited to the flesh again.

As far as the afterlife goes, it makes sense to me that souls who enter an afterlife would go to the one that they believed in when they were alive. Perhaps the afterlife is perceived differently by each soul depending on their individual needs and personal outlook, regardless of their faith. Most religions agree that souls of the dead are no longer concerned with the world of the flesh at all, and that any wrongs done to them are no longer even relevant. In other words, I think those souls who died due to great wrongs against them may not be around to care, and if they were around, it would no longer concern them because they no longer have a place in the world of the living, that their place is much bigger and more interesting than what they experienced in the flesh.

What do you think?

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Salanthos

May Random Joy be Unto
You

Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2007 at 5:21am
Print Post  
Interesting question.

I think that once a person dies, there are a couple things that might happen.  The soul is pulled free of the body and clensed of fleshly things, first of all, so that they are spirits. (I tend to think that repetitive, non-responsive ghosts are residues of energy more like a video than a person, there's no *soul* involved).  Then, they can either move on, get reincarnated or go to the afterlife of choice/belief, or stay behind, if they have some strong ties or unfinished business.  Some of those who stay behind do so altruistically, like in ancestor cults (revere helpful ancestral spirits), or to watch over or gaurd the living, and so forth, but some stay behind for other reasons - which may include those who really want to live again, at any cost, or who are resentful, or want revenge, or to harass people, and so on.

So, to (finally) answer your question, I think it depends.  Perhaps those who are neglected are more likely to stick around for vengance.  Perhaps those who die in pain are more likely to  try to live again.  Perhaps they will have a worse afterlife for being unable to imagine a place without pain.  Or perhaps not.  Maybe they'll be the most eager to move on, since there's less to hold them back.

So, in conclusion, I'm not sure.  What's your opinion?

SmileyBetrayal is Forever Smiley&& Smileyinverse retrograde karma by proxy! but... but... what does it mean?Smiley&&&&Smiley"It's entirely possible that, in the great play we call life, you aren't the main character." -Little Billy&&SmileyYou shall know the truth, and it shall make you odd.Smiley&&&&Smiley "We are not pacifists. Allowing harm to continue is not harming none; it is harmi

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint