Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) CAR TALK (Read 12978 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: CAR TALK
Reply #25 - Jul 17th, 2007 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
We're back. Finally. The van isn't ready yet.   Smiley

The window motors that were supposed to be delivered this morning didn't arrive until afternoon. Sooo, when we dropped by to check after being on the run today, they were still working on it. The Phoenix should be ready to fly by tomorrow, the Gods willing and nothing else turns up!
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2007 at 4:42am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #26 - Jul 17th, 2007 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
I've been coloring the full sized prototype of my hood bird with magic marker type pens and I'm feeling the fumes... wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #27 - Jul 18th, 2007 at 4:47am
Print Post  
If things go as planned, we will pick up the Phoenix some time tomorrow (Wednesday). Then we will come home, drop off the car, turn around and head back into town to get the license plate and then do whatever seems like a good idea at the time!   Smiley Skywise was going to cut the grass today (Tuesday) or Wednesday but we had a nice long drenching rain this morning and more is predicted so the grass gets to grow uncut until the weekend! I'll get back here and let you know how it went when I can. Be safe!
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2007 at 4:49am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #28 - Jul 18th, 2007 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
WE HAVE THE VAN BACK!

It has a license plate!  And the personalized plate is reserved and paid for!

We have the duplicate keys made.

We are DONE with vehicle stuff for a while!   Smiley

The final bill came to $1,997.53 and the list of what was replaced ran to 19 items. The last being the alternator which they discovered was shot after they had charged up the battery, took it for a test drive and the battery went down again. So they were replacing the alternator this morning but they got it done before we got there this morning. LOL  They pronounced the engine, transmission and body in excellent shape so we don't have that to worry about and THEY now have a file on it for the next time we need to bring it in.

Post # 6,400
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2007 at 8:13pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #29 - Jul 19th, 2007 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Here is the parts list from the repairs on the Phoenix.
Window Motor Assembly   2

Tie Rod End Left and Right, outer   2

Speed Sensor, left rear   1

Disc Brake Pad Set     1

Dis Brake Rotor      2

Brake Shoe Set    1

Spark Plugs    6

Air Filter  1

Fuel Filter   1

Spark Plug Wire Set  1

PVC Valve   1

Rearview Mirror   1

Passenger side Door Mirror Glass   1

Exhaust Manifold Gasket Set     1

Mirror Adhesive    1

Mirror Bracket   1

Refrigerant     3.5

Alternator   1

They installed all that stuff, tightened a wheel bearing, resurfaced the rear brake drums and charged the A/C.      Smiley  No wonder it took nearly a week!
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2007 at 11:36pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #30 - Jul 19th, 2007 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
I promised pictures. Here they are. I took these before she went into the shop. When I can do it without risking being drowned in a downpour, I have some window decals to put on and I'll be ordering a couple of bumper stickers in a day or two.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #31 - Jul 19th, 2007 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Here's a front view. And yes, that IS a house behind that foliage....

« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2007 at 10:11pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #32 - Jul 20th, 2007 at 4:54pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #33 - Jul 22nd, 2007 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
I'm working on a little dodad to put on my dashboard -- probably using a "sticky mat" -- and I have to find that little Wonder Woman action figure that I bought a while back for the same purpose. Yes, the Centennial Phoenix will be sooooooooooooo me!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #34 - Jul 22nd, 2007 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
Skywise is talking about taking out the 3rd row seat after Nike goes home after her visit. I think that he has hauling in mind. The Phoenix has already been designated the official "payday" vehicle since we buy most of our supplies in "two week" size lots and that takes a LOT of room. I have a few things I want to haul too....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #35 - Jul 24th, 2007 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Since I was a bit less worried about Maggie  -- and Skywise and Moonie were watching her -- I put the decals on the van. I put the small Superman "S" on the windshield where they wouldn't interfer with the wipers. I put some cat decals on the rear vent windows. I figured that they will make the Phoenix a bit easier to find in a parking lot full of minivans and SUVs. Smiley I still have to order the bumper stickers that I want,  the Darwin fish and the Vampire fish/shark. NO ONE who knew me in high school would be surprised at that "vampire fish"! Smiley
Spirit hasn't quite got the idea that the van has a 25 gallon gas tank which is about twice the capacity of the car's tank. She's been bugging us for the last couple of days to get the tank on the van filled. hehehehe We'll do that tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #36 - Jul 24th, 2007 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
hehehehehehe MoonCat informs me that the War Queen is asleep on the hood of the Phoenix and that His Little Lordship is asleep in the driveway in front of it. I guess that means that they like it! And yes, she took pictures. I'll get them posted when I can. hehehehe

Post #6,550
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2007 at 10:45pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #37 - Jul 25th, 2007 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
We didn't take the Phoenix today. Skywise didn't want to go to the trouble of moving the car over to the Guest House. He does, however like my idea for redesigning the driveway -- making it a bit longer and adding a parking area, so all that needs to be done now is the preparation including measuring, staking out and preparing the parking area that has never been stoned, putting in the drainage tiles that we need under the existing driveway, figuring out how much stone we need and then getting the stone. It will likely take several dump trucks full. We have a driveway in excess of 300 feet long...   Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #38 - Jul 26th, 2007 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
The title to the Phoenix came today. It certainly took the BMV long enough. If it hadn't shown up soon I was going to make some polite but pointed inquiries at the local branch. The fact that I still have the unfilled out application was causing me some concern but apparently someone decided to take a "shortcut" in the process. I don't care. I have the title. It's legal and I'm not planning on selling her!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #39 - Jul 28th, 2007 at 12:12am
Print Post  
*gggrrrrrrrrrr* I wanted to wash the van today -- the roof looks like it hasn't seen soap in this decade -- and it has rained all day. And there is a good chance of rain tomorrow so I'll have to wait until Sunday. Poo!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #40 - Jul 30th, 2007 at 12:22am
Print Post  
The Phoenix is washed and it no longer looks like you could grow potatoes on the roof!   Grin And she is all waxed except for the roof. I'll do that tomorrow 'cause I ran out of daylight and I'm probably going to have to use the ladder to reach the middle of the roof!
I'm figuring out ways to make the interior more "user friendly" and just generally having a ball!
The hood bird is coming along nicely too....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #41 - Jul 30th, 2007 at 4:03am
Print Post  
Ouchie..... my shoulders hurt. I'm not used to washing a vehicle that is taller than I am!  All that reaching up and scrubbing! Not to mention, polishing!  Grin  Oh well, it's worth it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #42 - Jul 30th, 2007 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Smiley Smiley
My "evolve fish" window sticker came today!
My "Millennium Falcon" bumper sticker and "Jedi Star" window decal came today!
My sage, sweetgrass and frankincence and Myrrh incense came today!!
All I need now is my bumper stickers from AzureGreen. They will be a while getting here since I paid for those with a check but I'm a happy camper right now with what I've got!!!

Smiley  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #43 - Jul 30th, 2007 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Also on my mind: Physics. Specifically the effect of sudden acceleration/deceleration on contemporary soft drink cups and the urgent need for "one size fits all" passive restraint systems therefore.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #44 - Jul 30th, 2007 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
The bumper sticker is installed! Yea!! The window sticker/decals are still waiting installation as I need to decide where they are going to go.

I'm still working on the tail section of my hood bird. I had a bright idea and tried it out. Unfortunately, the result looked a tad too phallic. Not that I have anything against that!  Smiley Perish the thought!! It just wouldn't "fly" on the hood of my van!  Grin So I'm trying something else that should turn out considerably less suggestive....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #45 - Aug 1st, 2007 at 3:39am
Print Post  
Well, the windows on the Phoenix are washed and the decals put on. The only problem is that I couldn't get a color selection on the "Jedi star" and they sent me a black one which is nearly invisible on the tinted windows of the van. The "evolve" fish is white and shows up dramatically!  Grin
I'm still working on the hood bird's tail section. My second bright idea came out looking like tentacles. NOT the look I was going for so now I'm trying for a traditional, feathered bird's tail. I THINK that I'm slowly making progress.
And I got an email from AzureGreen and my other bumper stickers are on the way. I will soon have my automotive baby properly decked out!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #46 - Aug 1st, 2007 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Grrrrrrrrr. The driver's seat won't move forward or backward. Up and down is fine but it doesn't even "whirrrr" when I try to move it forward. I can reach the pedals but just barely and it isn't comfortable. They fit Skywise just fine. I looked under the seat. "Rust and Cobweb City" under there. I sprayed WD-40 everywhere I could reach but the lack of "whirr" makes me think that it might be electrical. Unfortunately, I've yet to find anything in the Chilton's about it..

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #47 - Aug 3rd, 2007 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Smiley Smiley Smiley My order from AzureGreen came today! I wasn't expecting it so soon 'cause I paid by check! I've got my Kyphi incense and my bumper stickers! They are:

Keep Honking While I Reload (I've GOT to get some NRA window decals!)

Get In - Sit Down - Shut Up - HOLD ON (Moonie loves that one!)

Do NOT start with me. You will NOT win.

The van's too hot to put them on right now. I'll have to wait for a few hours. Poo!!
And I may have finally got the tail section on the hood bird right. I made a "cutout" of the tail section and I've placed it on the full sized color mock up to see how it looks. I'll leave it there for a while and see how it looks as the weekend wears on.  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #48 - Aug 5th, 2007 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
The hood bird is done! I would have liked to have added detail to the body of the bird but that would have taken another shade of metallic silver which I don't have. When the time comes to have it painted on, I'll see what's available!

The bumper stickers are all installed and it looks like I have room for about 5 more if I want them. hehehehehe I think I'm going to wait a while before I add anything else.

Skywise crawled around under the driver's seat this morning and he thinks that the problem with the "power" seat is the switch. Of course, there is nothing that I can find in the wiring diagrams in the Chilton manual about the power seat!  Smiley Since the "up and down" part works and he could hear a faint sound when he tried to move the seat back, we don't think that the motor for the seat is the problem. Again... Smiley

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #49 - Aug 6th, 2007 at 6:33am
Print Post  
We finally got the intake gasket on the green car done! Yay! So we have 2 vehicles again!!! Now we just need the stupid truck to get fixed and back!

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Send TopicPrint