Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic how to find a familiar? (Read 1794 times)
harrypottertew

Serenity Newbie

how to find a familiar?
Jul 9th, 2007 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Shockedooooo.... i am guessing that this is for the animal guides right? if it is, then i would like to know how to find a animal familiar. i have a great intrest in many species of animals but i do not know how to chose them or they choose me, a some help would be apprecieated. Embarrassed any help at all would be really apprecieated. the animals i am intrested in are from the oldest "the ones i was intrested in most when i was younger" to the youngest of the animals. the dolphins, horses, dragons, dogs, cats, eagles, birds, girraffs, and goats. hope this helps, i would really like to find a animal guide.

awsome dudetts.
YIM  
IP Logged

FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Re: how to find a familiar?
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2007 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Have you ever looked into Shamanistic teachings and trainings?  Many paths offer guidance on finding a familiar or opening yourself to one (or totems).  I can recommend a couple of books if you need them, I'll just have to grab the titles when I'm at home...my library has grown enough that I can't remember everything I have anymore unless it is something I've looked at recently.  Cool

Even if this isn't the type of path you necessarily want to pursue... you may be able to find some of the answers you are looking for.

Also, sometimes familiars find you.  This is actually the way I prefer, personally.  Grin

(PS, your green writing is very hard for me to read...I don't know if that is just me.)

IP Logged

harrypottertew

Serenity Newbie

Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2007 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
i have 2 books by dj conway about shamminism, haven't read through the 1st book, is that book good?

awsome dudetts.
YIM  
IP Logged

FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2007 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
One book I would recommend you at least take a look at is Animal Speak by Ted Andrews.

It is more about totems, but it gives you an idea of what the different animals and types of animals represent.

I didn't get much of a chance too look through everything I have, but there is one title for you.  Smiley

As for DJ Conway's books, it depends on who you ask. Some people consider them a little fluffy or over the top.

IP Logged

harrypottertew

Serenity Newbie

Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2007 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
hmm... i will have to look at my library for that book. i have quite a few my self and i don't know if i actuallly have it. thanks for the intel though. one more question, how would one find out if a animal has chosen you as a guide? somewhat skeptical about my own powers.

awsome dudetts.
YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint