Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Sticky Topic Links of Interest to an Investigator (Read 1746 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Links of Interest to an Investigator
Jul 27th, 2007 at 4:31am
Print Post  
Skywise and I have an interest in paranormal investigation and we intend to pursue it as more than armchair hobbyists in the next few years. Consequently, I've been acquiring books and links as part of my preparations. Here is a link that I found tonight. I'll be checking them out as time permits.

http://www.ghost-mart.com/index.html

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Links of Interest to an Investigator
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2007 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Jul 27th, 2007 at 4:31am:
Skywise and I have an interest in paranormal investigation and we intend to pursue it as more than armchair hobbyists in the next few years. Consequently, I've been acquiring books and links as part of my preparations. Here is a link that I found tonight. I'll be checking them out as time permits.

http://www.ghost-mart.com/index.html

Well, I've done a little checking. So far, the clothing section does not impress me. I think that with some hunting I'll be able to find a good "tactical" or "photographer's" vest that could be adapted for use by a paranormal investigator. I'm looking at a number of "military" and "law enforcement supply" sites right now to see what I can find. If nothing else, a good, tough pair of jeans or work pants and an equally sturdy shirt (I wear a Dickies man's size Medium most of the time.) would be perfectly suitable for field work where comfort and freedom of movement are the primary considerations. I haven't started going through their equipment sections yet as I want to check some other places for the same equipment that might have a better price. Sometimes, the "one stop shop" concept is more beneficial to the persons who own it than it is to the consumer. If you know what you need and are willing to do a little hunting, you may find what you need at a better price than at the specialty supplier.

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2007 at 6:42am
Print Post  
Um, what's wrong with the military surplus stores? We have one nearby that has BDU's and boots, as well as tactical vests and such for cheap.

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2007 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! We get a lot of stuff from BrigadeQuartermaster and such places since we don't have a store handy.Like I said. If you know what you want and are willing to hunt, you can usually find a deal.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #4 - May 27th, 2009 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
I am SO gonna have to get this book! Gotta wait until October [or Octo-BOO as it is known around here!] unfortunately. I WANT IT NOW! *wails!*
There is entirely too much of the "ghosts can't hurt you" stuff out there and probably most of them can't but I've read enough paranormal "casebooks" to know that there are things out there that can mess you up. Unfortunately, there is very little information on WHAT TO DO if you run across something seriously nasty.  Here's the amazon link for those interested in pre-ordering. I will likely grab it at the bookstore since the Border's I go to always has her books.

http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Hunters-Survival-Guide-Protection/dp/073871870X/ref=...

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2010 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
I'm going to share this with my ex boss....she does investigations and I find her stories so interesting.   Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint