Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back! (Read 37844 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back!
Reply #225 - Oct 11th, 2007 at 3:42pm

Morning! Or it is for about another 15 minutes! LOL I decided to put off doing more sewing today and get caught up on some other stuff -- like writing!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #226 - Oct 11th, 2007 at 5:03pm

....if this monster laid eggs our guys would be in BIG trouble. Not that they aren't in trouble now.... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #227 - Oct 11th, 2007 at 7:00pm

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 10th, 2007 at 11:11pm:
I'm back. Naughty goodies have started arriving. Smiley Skywise is gonna be a happy man!

He was. Extremely. Smiley

We're seriously considering this bed.

http://bulldog.conceptd.com/cgi-bin/abfcom/quikstore.cgi?store=&search=yes&detai...

This site is by a wholesaler but the bed is carried by a store on Indy's south side so we can go check it out in person and if we like it, we can probably get it in the van if we take out the third seat. I've got a pretty decent idea of how we could make it into a "custom" canopy bed and Skywise is seeing the advantages of a canopy bed and of doing it ourselves, not the least of which is being sure that the darn thing fits in our low ceilinged bedroom! And as much as I love the look of "gloss black", we will be painting it "satin black" with a serious coat of gray primer underneath! I also have some good silver leaf paint on hand and I could get creative at some point. hehehehehe  I don't know when we will go bed shopping but it is definitely on the "To Do" list!

« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2007 at 1:01am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #228 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 12:06am

*giggle* I'm watching Smallville. Poor Clark. He is in NO way ready to be the "parent" of a teenager, especially a girl...  Smiley And Lana coming back from the "dead" doesn't help any!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #229 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 12:59am

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 12th, 2007 at 12:06am:
*giggle* I'm watching Smallville. Poor Clark. He is in NO way ready to be the "parent" of a teenager, especially a girl...  Smiley And Lana coming back from the "dead" doesn't help any!

And Dean Cain guest starring next week. Hot DAMN!! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #230 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 1:58am

The Web is boring tonight. All the amusing people seem to have gone to ground. Only the annoying ones are left. Poo! It's a good thing I have a book to write Smiley and dinner to make. (The girls ----> Smiley Smiley)
And Skywise will be home in a couple of hours or so... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #231 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 4:16am

Skywise is home and it is time to hit the sheets. Not the black ones yet, unfortunately! Smiley They will arrive soon although I think that the red ones will get here first.
Anyway, everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #232 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 3:50pm

Morning! I just spent the last 15 minutes prying information out of an uncooperative website! Grrrrrr!!! It is their BIGGEST, most popular and most anticipated fundraiser of the year and locating the page with the hours of operation is damned near impossible! *snark* Now I know the hours. All we have to do is arrange our schedule so we can actually go....

On another note: Skywise is planning a photo shoot for the spring starring yours truly. It should be interesting considering some of the themes he has in mind. We are still discussing if and where to post them.

IP Logged

FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Reply #233 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 4:17pm

I'm bored.

So... I just wanted to say hi.

Hi!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #234 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 4:48pm

Hi!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #235 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 6:08pm

....There is no way in hell that I will let Skywise pay $50 for a 100% cotton muslin Underdress that I can make for about $20. Who do these people think they are kidding?.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #236 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 6:51pm

The patterns I ordered have arrived and since the perfect trim will be the hardest to find for the Goth/Vampire Queen gown Skywise wants me to make -- and that I've promised to wear to DragonCon's formal banquet when I actually get there -- I'm hunting trim online. Haven't found anything perfect yet but I have found a design I've been wanting for my black altar cloth for about two years so I AM a happy little girlgoth. hehehehehe...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #237 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 7:12pm

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 12th, 2007 at 6:51pm:
The patterns I ordered have arrived and since the perfect trim will be the hardest to find for the Goth/Vampire Queen gown Skywise wants me to make -- and that I've promised to wear to DragonCon's formal banquet when I actually get there -- I'm hunting trim online. Haven't found anything perfect yet but I have found a design I've been wanting for my black altar cloth for about two years so I AM a happy little girlgoth. hehehehehe...

Success!!!

Unfortunately, I have NO idea which one of several patterns is the one. I shall have to get them all....
No problem, really. I'll get enough so that the ones I don't use will be available for other projects....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #238 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 7:53pm

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 12th, 2007 at 7:12pm:
Penthesilea wrote on Oct 12th, 2007 at 6:51pm:

Success!!!

Unfortunately, I have NO idea which one of several patterns is the one. I shall have to get them all....
No problem, really. I'll get enough so that the ones I don't use will be available for other projects....

I really like this one.

http://www.calontirtrim.com/queries/showtrim.asp?trimid=633

It is identical to some I've had before. I used it on the bookcover I made for my copy of "The Psychic Vampire's Codex" (Yes, that book has its own, special, custom made book cover! LOL ) What looks white in the picture is really silver. I'm going to have to put it around a square neckline and that is a consideration too!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #239 - Oct 13th, 2007 at 2:57am

Between writing and searching the net for the perfect accessory for my Goth/Vampire Queen dress, my eyes are shot. I'm going to go close them. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Being "good" goes without saying! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #240 - Oct 13th, 2007 at 4:26pm

I did something stupid. Today I was at Barnes & Nobles and I spotted a book I wanted to buy. I took it to the cash register to pay for it and did my usual thing. Then they said I have a $10.00 rebate asked if I can spend it. I complied. Stupid me. At least I told my Mom before she tried to cash it in. She's REALLY mad now. I had my tail tucked between my legs ever since. I should have kept my lousy mouth shut. Damn thing gets me into more trouble than it's worth. Excuse me while I wait to be punished.

Cleaning house with the Dustbuster2!

GTalk  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #241 - Oct 13th, 2007 at 4:40pm

MoonCat wrote on Oct 13th, 2007 at 4:26pm:
I did something stupid. Today I was at Barnes & Nobles and I spotted a book I wanted to buy. I took it to the cash register to pay for it and did my usual thing. Then they said I have a $10.00 rebate asked if I can spend it. I complied. Stupid me. At least I told my Mom before she tried to cash it in. She's REALLY mad now. I had my tail tucked between my legs ever since. I should have kept my lousy mouth shut. Damn thing gets me into more trouble than it's worth. Excuse me while I wait to be punished.

*sigh* We were in Border's and I did have a 30% off coupon and I didn't find the book I had planned to use the Border's Bucks on. So when I do find it, Moonie can give me $10 on it and she will consider herself sufficiently punished. And what was really bothering me was a smell in the store that was giving me a headache... Eeewwwww!!!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #242 - Oct 13th, 2007 at 8:57pm

hehehehe The black sheets have arrived. They were apparently shipped separately from the bedspread and the red sheets. They have been through the washer and are sitting in the dryer.  They will be on the bed by the time Skywise gets home. He knows that they arrived and he expects to use them tonight. I don't disappoint my man if I can help it!! Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2007 at 8:59pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #243 - Oct 14th, 2007 at 3:33am

The bed is made. Smiley
The eyes are shot Smiley and I'm heading out.
Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #244 - Oct 14th, 2007 at 3:29pm

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 13th, 2007 at 8:57pm:
hehehehe The black sheets have arrived. They were apparently shipped separately from the bedspread and the red sheets. They have been through the washer and are sitting in the dryer.  They will be on the bed by the time Skywise gets home. He knows that they arrived and he expects to use them tonight. I don't disappoint my man if I can help it!! Smiley

The bedspread and red sheets have arrived! Apparently, the FedEx driver wasn't the brightest bulb in the package and he left the box at the neighbor's house. Said neighbor brought it over this morning. The bedspread is in the dryer. The red sheets will go on with the next bedding change. hehehehe And Skywise was not disappointed! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #245 - Oct 14th, 2007 at 10:05pm

We're back. We went into town for the parade and a bit of shopping. The weather was nice. Last year it was overcast and very chilly. This year was much better.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #246 - Oct 15th, 2007 at 2:42am

Penthesilea wrote on Oct 14th, 2007 at 3:29pm:
Penthesilea wrote on Oct 13th, 2007 at 8:57pm:

The bedspread and red sheets have arrived! Apparently, the FedEx driver wasn't the brightest bulb in the package and he left the box at the neighbor's house. Said neighbor brought it over this morning. The bedspread is in the dryer. The red sheets will go on with the next bedding change. hehehehe And Skywise was not disappointed! Smiley

The new bedspread is on the bed. So is the Lord of Samhain. The little guy is almost invisible!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #247 - Oct 15th, 2007 at 4:56am

I'm going to pack it in. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #248 - Oct 15th, 2007 at 4:34pm

My Ben Nye makeup has arrived. Time to see what I look like in good quality black lipstick.....
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2007 at 4:37pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #249 - Oct 15th, 2007 at 5:47pm

Skywise says that Gods -- and the Post Office -- willing, on Sunday we will go to the unfinished furniture store and check out that bed I've been drooling over. Smiley I've been thinking about various ways to make it a canopy bed while still being able to take it apart so if we have to move it out of the bedroom we can without removing a wall. [Thank the Gods for corner brackets and mending plates! Smiley ] I'll have to figure out how much more primer and paint I need to buy. Once we have the bed, we can make out a mill list.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to my custom made, Gothic Shaker canopy bed! Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2007 at 5:53pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41
Send TopicPrint