Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back! (Read 37958 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back!
Reply #300 - Oct 27th, 2007 at 4:20am

Nite all. I'm gonna go set a new benchmark for "good." Smiley Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #301 - Oct 27th, 2007 at 9:12am

Ok, so I was watching my nighttime programs, namely any decent scifi or horror I can find, or anime, and I saw a commercial for a new gadget. Well, maybe not SO new, as it had a commercial, but new enough. It's called a Fly Fusion Pentop Computer. So, I went to the site and watched the demo. Way cool!

This thing works with it's special paper to digitize handwriting.  But it does more.....it's a calculator, an mp3 player, a translator, and more, with the help of additional proprietary programming. The device by itself is way cool, but two of the programs available for it are truly noteworthy. One is a program that will help you with algebra, and if I understand it right, it will even help you study for tests! The other is a translation program that works in a unique way, you write the word in english, and it speaks the word back to you in either spanish or french, depending on which software you loaded.

I am seriously thinking about getting this thing as a holiday gift! All the reviews I have read are positive...so far the only two limitations it seems to have within it's focus of functions is that the digitized handwriting in jpeg form can be a little "joggy", meaning that a straight line drawn on the paper is a little jagged on the edges on the computer. The other is that it only recognizes printing and not cursive....but most folks I know do most of their writing in printed form anyway.

None of the software is terribly expensive either...the average is about $13, and the notebooks with the special paper are around $8. The device itself sells for $80 plus shipping, and for that price the device seems to have good battery life as well, running for a full school day on one charge. The memory will hold many pages of captured writing until you get home and sync it with a USB cable to a  PC--sorry mac folk, not compatible. This thing is a must for anyone who takes lots of notes, or who writes by hand, but wants to store their work on a computer. While it is marketed to the middle and high school crowd, it doesn't look like a kid's toy, it looks more like a high-end gadget you'd find in Sharper Image. Leapfrog makes it, and seem to have done a good job.

Huh, maybe I should be writing their sales pitches!

I'm still deciding, but it looks like a strong contender for holiday gift this year!

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Reply #302 - Oct 27th, 2007 at 5:53pm

I've been playing with the idea of getting one, just because they look like fun.  If you do get one, will you post what you think please?!  It looks like it could get expensive with all of the different kinds of software...

And Penth, I just wanted to say I'm glad you're finding yourself.  Smiley It makes a huge difference, so you go girl! (lol)

*waves*

Ciao.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #303 - Oct 27th, 2007 at 8:15pm

BR, that gadget sounds sooo cool even if I am a confirmed Mac user and couldn't use it! lol I'd confuse the poor little thing anyway. When I write in longhand I use cursive (mine is very nice, thank you!) and when I'm writing for later transcription into the computer I don't bother with proper spelling. As long as I know what the word is supposed to be, it's cool and I'll stop and look it up later! Smiley Sometimes I'm so far off that the Spellcheck can't even figure it out and do you have any idea how hard it is to look up a word when you can't spell it?! Smiley Anyway, if you do get one, a gadget review would be good.

Thanks, Fury. What I'm going through right now is a bit unnerving but Skywise approves of the changes so it is all good as far as I'm concerned. The girls are a bit nonplussed but this is just another facet of their mom's "weirdness" so they will adapt.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #304 - Oct 28th, 2007 at 11:18pm

Miss Maggie is still here and asleep for the moment. I can't seem to work up any interest in much of anything but dinner still must be made and eaten even if we can't enjoy it. Since Skywise has to work tomorrow, I'll probably sit up with her again tonight. I've only had two or three hours of sleep out of the last 25 so it is going to be a long night.  Cry Cry

IP Logged

Deirachel
Forum Administrator

Ego eo

Reply #305 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 12:55pm

Know that we are thinking of you all.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #306 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 3:57pm

Smiley Thanks. She was quieter last night so I went to bed and got some sleep. Not enough but I'm functional. Maggie's still with us.

IP Logged

FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Reply #307 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 5:18pm

Smiley for you, Skywise and the girls.  It sounds like you could all use a few million of them at the moment.  I hope Maggie is able to hang in there, but if not, I hope everything is peaceful for her, and she's surrounded by you all who love her.  ((hug hug))

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #308 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 5:50pm

Thanks. The update is on the Bragging thread and I can't bear to repeat it here. We are just waiting now and loving her....

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #309 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 11:33pm

(((HUGS)))

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #310 - Oct 29th, 2007 at 11:38pm

(((HUGS))) Thanks. Her memorial thread is up with pictures of her. Right now, she's "laying in state" in the living room. We'll bury her tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #311 - Oct 30th, 2007 at 4:54am

Skywise is home and I'm going offline for the night. Everyone be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #312 - Oct 30th, 2007 at 7:49pm

I'm back. We buried Maggie this morning beside Sassy and Sebastian. The Lord of Samhain is confused, poor baby but he sniffed at Maggie's body a couple of times so I think that he understands that she is gone.
I'd have been back sooner but we've been having computer mouse "issues" that Skywise has been working on. He's given up --temporarily -- and has fixed me up with another mousie. Now, I have to get used to this
one. Oh well.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #313 - Oct 30th, 2007 at 9:26pm

It is the "Political Season."
It is a good thing that I have a high tolerance for hypocrisy....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #314 - Oct 30th, 2007 at 10:07pm

Some of the spindles I ordered for the bed arrived today along with some other things including the Klopman Diamond. hehehehehe [If you are wondering what the heck the Klopman Diamond is, go forth and google. It's in Wikipedia.] Life goes on whether you want it to or not. I had always known that but my mom's death pressed the lesson home. Bills must be paid, meals cooked and the mail must go through. So we stopped in at the bank today and paid the mortgage. Then we picked up a few things at Wal-Mart and then we came home. It will be a while before I stop wondering where Maggie as got to and is the house warm enough for her.  Cry As we were leaving today, without thinking, Skywise was "inventorying" the cats. "The War Queen and The Lord of Samhain are outside. The Hearth Queen and Maggie.." and he stopped himself. The Hearth Queen was in the house alone. Yes, it will be a while.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #315 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 3:04am

*sad smile* Spirit is watching her "Smurfs" DVDs in her room and Moonie is watching "Young Frankenstein" in hers.
Life goes on......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #316 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 4:40am

It's been an exhausting four days. Skywise won't be home for a couple of hours yet but I'm going to go try to wind down before he gets home. He has the late shift tonight and the early shift tomorrow so time together will be short in the morning. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #317 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 6:04pm

Afternoon all! I'm getting a very late start due to sleeping in and spending what time I could with Skywise before he left for work. In fact, I've yet to eat so I've got to get on that before I try anything more complicated that "Hi!"
hehehehe The Lord of Samhain is doing his best to distract Spirit. He's doing a good job too!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #318 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 8:08pm

*Yawn* I need a nap. The last 5 days plus Skywise's work schedule have exhausted me. I'm gonna go nappy while Moonie does her thing. I'll be back later. Be safe.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #319 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 11:48pm

I'm back! Thanks the Gods for my "in house" research library! Skywise asked me a question before he left for work and I've been hunting the answer since I got up from my nap! hehehe I think I've found enough to get him started...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #320 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 1:20am

It is amazing how quickly a utility knife will bring an uncooperative package to heel...... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #321 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 4:24am

Skywise just came home. What he just did to my neck is indescribably delicious. Smiley I'm outta here! Everyone be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #322 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 3:34pm

I'm here and gone again! The girls' checks have come and we are off to the bank. I'll be back in a bit!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #323 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 6:19pm

I'm back. Actually we've been back for a bit over an hour but I've been buzzing around like a hummingbird on speed and as soon as I take care of a little business here, I'm gonna give the comp back to Moonie and dive back in. I'm playing a bit of catch up with the household chores. I let things slide for a few days there....  Cry
I'll be back in two or three hours, look for me then.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #324 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 9:52pm

I got some stuff done -- including a much needed nap and some quality time with the War Queen! -- and now I'm back. Of course, I'll still be multitasking but hey! That's what moms do! Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41
Send TopicPrint