Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back! (Read 38073 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back!
Reply #425 - Nov 27th, 2007 at 6:00pm

Afternoon! We are on the "late shift" schedule today so I'm in late and staying late. I'm still working on the Command Center -- and things are going well -- and working on the Monster Hunt so I probably won't be posting much but I'll be around! Right now, we're off to town to restock the pantry! Turkey Day cleaned us out!  Smiley Catch you later!! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #426 - Nov 27th, 2007 at 7:42pm

Yes, we're back! It was a fast trip, just lunch and a "just under the speed of sound" turn through Wal-Mart. With Skywise and I both grabbing stuff on the list while the girls took care of their stuff, we got in an out in a hurry. I made a sacrifice to Hecate while in town so it was all good.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #427 - Nov 28th, 2007 at 12:29am

I've been taking a break and reading old posts and chat logs. There are no words for the contempt I have for the female hyenas  I was associating with then.  I'm so glad that they are out of my life. The damage that their lies have done to my life will be repaired. I won't give up until it is or I'm dead. And I'm not going anywhere....

Okay. Rant over. Thank you for your patience. Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2007 at 12:30am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #428 - Nov 28th, 2007 at 2:10am

One down. Two to go. Who to kill next? And how gruesome can I get?
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2007 at 2:11am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #429 - Nov 28th, 2007 at 2:57am

The Lord of Samhain just came in. It's chilly outside tonight but beautiful. The moon is up with wispy clouds. I think that there might be a bit of mist rising too. It is so damned beautiful out here I wish I could show it all to you but cameras don't do it justice. You have to be here....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #430 - Nov 28th, 2007 at 3:22am

I have it on excellent authority that I am "hot".  And considering what some men call "hot" I would have to say that in comparison, I am positively incandescent....  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #431 - Nov 28th, 2007 at 4:55am

Well, the next death is at hand but it is going to be tricky so I think I'm going to stop for the night. I'm tired and I still have some things to do before Skywise hits the door. So everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
And because I'm feeling good tonight...
Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #432 - Nov 28th, 2007 at 3:12pm

Morning!  Smiley They changed Skywise's schedule for today at the last minute last night and let him off early so he could actually sleep!  He got in about 30 minutes after my last post last night and we got to bed at a reasonable -- for us -- hour! I'm hoping to get the "hunting" part of the Monster Hunt done today but we will see. It will depend on whether or not my creative brain cooperates....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #433 - Nov 28th, 2007 at 6:34pm

I'm rather glad that we don't change the site headers and color schemes seasonally or whenever the mood strikes. People get downright nasty if they don't like the current "look" and immediately get on your case if you don't change it when they think you should -- never mind that you have a real life to attend to!
If someone comes up with a fabulous site header (when there is time) we work up a color scheme to go with it and anyone that wants to use it can. I find that infinitely preferable to being carped at by snarky individuals who have nothing better to do than complain. I'm really afraid that I might suggest that they try running their own site -- and discover how much work it is --before criticizing how other sites are run!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #434 - Nov 28th, 2007 at 10:42pm

I've already figured out how I'm "taking out" Victim #3 but Victim#2 is giving me trouble. I'm trying to make it both logical -- in terms of what the characters will do -- and traumatic for the NPC who survives. Smiley The cast list is being thinned nicely. hehehehehehehe

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #435 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 9:11pm

I have just realized that I have no firm idea of when Skywise will be home from work. Yes, the schedule is that messed up. Barring overtime -- and it is a bit early yet for that -- he should hit the door between midnight and 3 a.m. Since tomorrow is "cash the paycheck day" I'M REALLY HOPING FOR MIDNIGHT!!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #436 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 10:47pm

Wood rasps,
laundry,
dishes,
crochet,
large pieces of marginally cooperative wood,
no writing yet...
And pizzas still to make...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #437 - Nov 30th, 2007 at 1:19am

I have cut another 4 slots and three of them are rasped, filed and smoothed out to fit the rails. One is too short..

THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR DREMEL!!!!!

Fortunately, I have one. But I'm quitting woodworking for the night. I still have laundry to put away, dinner to make and Castle reposts to write!   Smiley

I have four more slots to cut in each of two more panels. Then I'll make sure that all the rails fit in all the slots and then cut and fit the pegs that hold the whole thing together. It will make sense when I can post the pictures.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #438 - Nov 30th, 2007 at 5:40am

I forgot to mention "deposit slips to make out." When Skywise retires, we will go to "Direct Deposit" but until we do, I've got slips to make out! And the mortgage payment is due Saturday so I'm making out the check for that too.

hehehehe I snuck off a while ago and looked up the coats of arms for my surname, Skywise's surname (Yes, I kept my family's name. Our mailbox looks like it belongs to a law firm. Smiley ), my mom's family name and a few others of interest to me. I'm thinking of designing and making a medieval style coat of arms wall hanging especially for our family. It would go very well over the stairwell so some research was in order. Not one to be any more  conventional than I have to be, using one of the "standard" ones will not do! I shall have to design my own for our little tribe....

And I still have to design the Arms for the Keyholder, her father, the medallion that the Darklord gives to his Lady and various other odd and ends. Fortunately, those can wait a bit! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #439 - Nov 30th, 2007 at 5:56am

Skywise is home! Yay!!!!
Moonie informs us that the War Queen is asleep in the Master Bathroom sink and has gone forth with the camera to record the event!
So, on that note, I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

Edited because the typodemons got me again! Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2007 at 7:16pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #440 - Nov 30th, 2007 at 2:07pm

Yay! Skywise got home before 3 last night so we're going to actually have a "normal" Friday! You have no idea how rare that has become the last few months. I swear that they are trying to get him to retire -- which he will be eligible to do May 1st, 2008 -- with all this aggravation! I've actually had time for some tea and bite before we head out. That will make the crowds much easier to deal with although most of the time, there isn't much of a crowd this early in the day but it IS the Christmas shopping season!
Anyway, everyone be very, VERY good -- like me -- and I'll catch you later! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #441 - Nov 30th, 2007 at 7:20pm

Smiley We've been back for a while but when you have bought enough supplies to fill a minivan to the "stuff falling out of the tailgate" stage, it takes a while to deal with it all. Smiley I still have a few things to put away but I'm gonna sit here for a bit and get caught up and maybe write some before I finish "putting away."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #442 - Nov 30th, 2007 at 9:54pm

I'm going to let the kids have the computer for a while. I'm gonna go have my way with wood and work on the command center. And there is the small matter of supplies still needing to be stowed -- I goofed off -- but I'll be back. I read silly stuff on ascension sites and ordered jewelry making supplies instead of writing so I really need to write this evening. See ya then!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #443 - Dec 1st, 2007 at 1:46am

I'm back! I've forced wood to yield to my will -- with considerable help from my dremel and various wood rasps -- and the rails are done and 2 of the 4 panels have slots in them. I brought the two remaining panels down from the Guest House earlier. The weather is supposed to turn icky tomorrow and I want to get them slotted so I brought them down here where it is easier to work on them. I WILL have Skywise cut the "short" ones to size sometime this weekend, Gods willing! Smiley I'm going to head off to the Minwax site and see if there are any restrictions on the temperature -- as in "Don't use this if conditions are below such and such a temperature -- for the products I'll be using. If there are none, I might be able to set up shop on the Guest House's back porch. It is enclosed -- the roof being the most important -- with plenty of ventilation. The weather is supposed to dry out by the middle of next week but stay chilly...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #444 - Dec 1st, 2007 at 3:12am

I'm making dinner right now and I noticed something odd about the pan of hard cooked eggs I had in the refrigerator. (I boiled them a couple of days ago and after I poured off the hot water and put in the cold, I set the pan full of water and eggs in the refrigerator.)
There is now a layer of ice an eighth of an inch thick in the pan.
I think that it is safe to say that the eggs are sufficiently chilled.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #445 - Dec 1st, 2007 at 7:47pm

Finally got here!  Smiley The "rain with a chance of sleet by evening" turned out to be rain/light freezing rain. I wouldn't care that much if Skywise was home today. We'd curl up and cuddle all afternoon and let the world go as it would. But he has to work and fortunately, it isn't an ice storm. *sigh* Still, I have some "storm prep" to do in anticipation of the real ice storm. This is just the "warm up" as it were. Sooner or later, we will have one. I just hope that he doesn't have to work that day 'cause if he can get the car to move, my dedicated lifemate will go to work!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #446 - Dec 1st, 2007 at 11:09pm

Finally found a local station that is showing the evening news instead of a football game. I WANT A WEATHER REPORT!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #447 - Dec 1st, 2007 at 11:35pm

Light rain/freezing drizzle today. Thunderstorms tomorrow. Gotta love Indiana weather...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #448 - Dec 2nd, 2007 at 1:50am

OMM: A very naughty variation of 2 on 1....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #449 - Dec 2nd, 2007 at 3:20am

Well, the temperature is starting to creep upwards. Should be in the mid 50s by tomorrow afternoon. Durn crazy weather...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41
Send TopicPrint