Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back! (Read 38143 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back!
Reply #550 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 2:02am

I'm trying to pick a good spot to end "Book One" and start "Book Two." And it isn't easy. There is NO obvious "break point" in the action and I gotta pick a place so I know what events go where. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #551 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 7:58am

Skywise is home -- I can hear him walking around up there! Smiley -- and my bed calls. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #552 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 7:55pm

Another fast paced morning. Skywise has the early shift today -- he's already left -- but he worked on the computers for a bit before I "distracted" Smiley him. [GODS, I'm good.....] He works tomorrow -- when Gods willing we will finish our shopping! -- but has Sunday off. And, of course, he will have Christmas Day off since they staff with volunteers only on that day. So life will shortly be back to it's "non-Christmas Rush" routine! Thank the Gods! It would be a pleasant time of year if it weren't for all the chaos working for the Post Office brings but I suppose that people working for UPS and FedEx have the same problems...

I got a card and box from Nike yesterday. She's fine. The Kansas City road crews did a heroic job of clearing the streets and aside from the usual hassles of her workplace, she's fine. She'll be calling in the afternoon on Christmas Day and I'll get a full report then.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #553 - Dec 22nd, 2007 at 12:47am

I'm working on ONE LAST BIT on the Monster Hunt and I'll be done. Yippeeee!! If I can come up with something good involving the Lord Marshall,  I'll have it done and up tonight or tomorrow. Right now, I'm at the dining room computer 'cause I'm working on bringing order out of the chaos that is my kitchen. After all, tomorrow we should finish our Christmas shopping and all I'll have to do is wrap presents and make the flour fly! Smiley And baking in a disorganized kitchen is NOT recommended!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #554 - Dec 22nd, 2007 at 5:17am

I'm back in the Sanctum, thinking about that last bit I need to write. I've been doing research but so far, I am not particularly inspired. It must be worthy of the Lord Marshall, after all, as to establish him as "Master." Typical high school/college pranks just don't make the grade. Right now, I'm playing with purgatives of various sorts, sprinkler systems and exploding "facilities" to see what I can come up with. I might end up doing something else. All I do know is that when it's over, the Lord Marshall is laughing his handsome head off....
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2007 at 5:18am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #555 - Dec 22nd, 2007 at 6:06am

Skywise is home and I'm going to take myself off to bed. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #556 - Dec 22nd, 2007 at 7:25pm

Smiley I'm here and Skywise is off to work. The way the schedule currently stands he will have tomorrow off, work Monday and be off Tuesday and back to work on Wednesday. Smiley I'm hoping once the holidays are over, he will settle into a regular schedule. This mixing of early and late shifts is getting to all of us. Even the cats are dragging their tails today. They are all sleeping right now and NONE of them have insisted on going outside today. Skywise is worrying about the War Queen's desire to sleep under the Christmas tree but when I went to check on her, she grabbed my hand firmly [i.e. with claws!] and licked my fingers. I think that she's okay. She and the others are probably feeling the stress that the rest of us are.

Post #8,600
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2007 at 8:38pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #557 - Dec 22nd, 2007 at 10:19pm

All the kitty-persons are still sleeping which is a shame because it is 56 degrees outside and by tomorrow, it is supposed to be cold and snowy. That forecast is, of course, subject to change without notice! Smiley I somehow have the feeling that our cats spent last night -- while us clueless humans were sleeping -- involved in some vast magickal feline exercise from which they are now all recovering. That would explain a good deal. Either that, or they are all astral projecting today to some feline plane of existence to celebrate the Solstice.
Or both....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #558 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 1:04am

Well, it went about like I figured. All the kitties slept until dark and then went outside. The Hearth Queen has come in -- it's 55 degrees outside and she likes it a tad warmer than that -- but the War Queen and His Lordship are still outside. And judging from the carcasses along the walk when we got back from shopping, the hunting is still good so I don't expect them to be back for a while.

Also OMM: Building codes. Specifically: When you put a bedroom in the basement of a conventional house, you are required to provide an exit that leads directly outside in case of fire. What I'm wondering is, is that also the case when the house is made of concrete and earth sheltered? Seven of the eight bedrooms in the dream house (Yes, eight. And Gods willing, that won't be enough!) are below grade and since we don't have a nice conveniently placed hillside to bury it in having exterior exits is a bit of a design problem. I want to put one floor completely underground -- basically so it doesn't look hugely odd and for the benefits of thermal mass -- and have one floor above grade. So the "public" areas of the house have to be on the upper floor of the structure and the bedrooms below grade. I can't find anything -- yet -- on the requirements for below grade bedrooms in an earth sheltered house made of concrete. I can see the need of an alternate exit when the structure overhead is made of flammable materials but if I'm reading things correctly, the floor between the upper and lower floors of the building I'm considering are made of steel reinforced concrete. It won't burn and isn't likely to collapse. I'm also wondering if having a sprinkler system would make a difference in the code requirements. I'm going to go ahead and design it with multiple exits. I can always take them out...
See what happens when I start thinking.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #559 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 2:09am

YES!!!

The Monster Hunt is UP. "In the Beginning..." Posts 3000 to 3199! Smiley

The next few days will be spent getting ready for the holiday. Yeah, I know. TODAY is Yule but Skywise is working tonight so we'll do our celebrating when he's HOME! After that, it is back to editing with whatever rewriting is necessary until I have it all up. I have around 2,200 posts to go. Somewhere along the line I'll find the "break point" between Books 1 and 2 and when the last of the reposts go up, I'll start on the novelization... Smiley

I can do it 'cause I know that not only does someone here believe in me but someone out there believes in me too and I want them to be proud of me.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #560 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 4:26am

hehehehe The War Queen and His Lordship came in a bit before 10 local time. It started to pour about 15 - 20 minutes later. All the kitties are safely inside. The Queen was showing considerable spirit before she settled in for a post hunt snooze. Personally, I think she's fine.
As for me, I'm a sleepy little thing so I'm going to head out for the night. I've got a couple of things to do before I can collapse and I want to get to them. So everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley And Happy Yule!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #561 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 6:09pm

Afternoon! Skywise has been online all morning and I've been catching up on my sleep! hehehe We made time for "naughty" last night and I needed the rest! *happy sigh* Anyway, the Colts game is starting and we'll be heading into town later for the last minute shopping. Actually, my list is mostly groceries and kitty food. I do NOT want to have to go to Wal-Mart tomorrow!  Smiley I'm going to be baking today -- cookies: shortbread, chocolate chip and maybe some brownies. Tomorrow will be the cinnabons. Christmas Day, I don't know. I'll see how I feel. A cake maybe, Spirit has been hinting....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #562 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 7:01pm

Penthesilea wrote on Nov 23rd, 2007 at 7:22pm:
I've been prowling "ascension" sites today. Of particular interest is one that is insisting that Jupiter will ignite into a second sun before it passes behind the sun around December 23rd this year. This information is coming from a channeled source with an impressive name I'm not going to bother looking up at the moment. This person is supposedly representing a vast Galactic civilization that is going to swoop in and "fix" everything on Earth once Jupiter ignites.
Now, I have no doubt that a sufficiently advanced technological culture could figure out how to add enough mass to Jupiter to cause it to ignite so that isn't my problem. It's the overall tone of the site, and others like it, that is making me chuckle. I guess it is their "we have been chosen to lead the way for all you peons. We're unique and special and you poor unenlightened souls -- those of you that actually have souls since most of you are soulless, cloned worker drones --  that comprise the mass of humanity are lucky to have us here to save your bacon." attitude that amuses me. Of course, you can find this elitist attitude fairly easily. Some people's need to feel important will prompt them to say all sorts of outrageous things -- especially about their spiritual/soul development -- and that causes all sorts of hilarity behind their backs. Equal parts pathetic and humorous.
Anyway, what I'm waiting for is the explanation they will put out when Jupiter passes behind the sun as a plain ole gas giant rather than a new sun. What they will say while it is transiting behind the sun and what will happen when it emerges from behind the sun as -- still! -- a gas giant as is most likely, is a matter of great interest and anticipation too. Watching them squirm through the winter should be an interesting exercise.

hehehehehe Skywise and I just checked. As of this morning, Jupiter was still a gas giant and NOT a sun. And since such an event would be noticeable without a telescope I think that it is safe to say that if it had happened, the general population would have noticed! I'll be watching that site to see what they say about it. And if they say that the "Evil Forces" are keeping us from seeing the "new sun" I'm going to laugh myself sick....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #563 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 7:24pm

The game is going well and we're heading out to town for a bit. See y'all later! Be safe!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #564 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 9:27pm

We're back.
It is windy as hell with flurries out there and it was crazy in Wal-Mart. The local one will be closing at 6 p.m. tomorrow and that fact seems to have made everyone in-SANE!
We are going to be safely away from there, you can be sure! Skywise has the early shift tomorrow so he will be getting home around midnight at which time we will settle in to watch "A Christmas Carol" on DVD. The George C. Scott version. It should be a fairly light day mailwise since anything mailed tomorrow won't be delivered before Wednesday or Thursday. The big crush was Friday/Saturday with the last gasp being today.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #565 - Dec 24th, 2007 at 6:37am

*Yawn* I'm calling it a night. See ya later in the morning. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

PD
God Member

aka ~ Brat

Reply #566 - Dec 24th, 2007 at 9:33pm

Just like to say...Merry Xmas Everyone!!!!!!

~ BRAT ~
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #567 - Dec 24th, 2007 at 10:00pm

Smiley And a Merry Christmas to you too, hon! I'm glad to see that school hasn't completely overwhelmed you!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #568 - Dec 25th, 2007 at 3:50am

'k. Cookies are made.
The cinnabons are rising. Next stop oven.
Most of the presents are wrapped.
I've started the pizzas.
And my beloved should be home in an hour or so.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #569 - Dec 25th, 2007 at 5:54am

He's home and we're watching "A Christmas Carol" with the girls as we have done for more years than I can remember. The "Ghost of Christmas Present" is currently having his way with Ebenzer Scrooge. Life is good.

« Last Edit: Dec 25th, 2007 at 5:58am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #570 - Dec 25th, 2007 at 6:58am

The movie's over and Skywise and the girls are outside looking at the moon. It's clear and cold and beautiful.
To paraphrase Tiny Tim: "May the Gods bless us, every one!"
Everyone sleep well and be safe and wherever you are and whatever you are doing, may the Gods bless you and keep you safe. Merry Christmas. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #571 - Dec 25th, 2007 at 8:53pm

Afternoon! Smiley Just dropping in to make sure that the place is still here! Moonie got a ton of books for Christmas so she's been reading all day. Spirit has been taking advantage of that and has been pigging out on YouTubes as fast as she can load them.  As for Skywise and me, we've been taking the opportunity to be "nicely naughty" until I had leave to clean up the disaster I left in the kitchen last night! LOL I'm going to be starting the final preparations for dinner soon. If I'm not back tonight I'll be here tomorrow. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #572 - Dec 26th, 2007 at 3:51am

Dinner is long done -- and it was very good, thank you! -- and I just slid a pan of brownies in the oven. Yeah, I'm baking this late. Skywise goes back to work tomorrow so I'm on my "he's working" sleep schedule. Besides, I wanted a good brownie and I've never found a commercial brownie that comes up to the standard set by the ones I make. So if I want a decent brownie, I gotta make it!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #573 - Dec 26th, 2007 at 5:09am

The brownies are done and cool so I'm gonna go scarf some down and then go be naughty with Skywise! Smiley
Everyone sleep well -- we will but not for a while yet! -- and be safe! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #574 - Dec 26th, 2007 at 5:38pm

Afternoon! It's bright and sunny here and not too terribly cold.

And according to Skywise, I did good in picking his present.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41
Send TopicPrint