Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back! (Read 38189 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back!
Reply #575 - Dec 26th, 2007 at 8:12pm

Smiley We've been cleaning the basement. That big box under the tree was a craft center big enough to hold one of my sewing machines and a lot of other stuff plus a big work surface. Now all we have to do is make room for it down there! We're making progress and I've put a new trash can on tomorrow's shopping list -- a 50 gallon one, most likely, and MORE TRASH BAGS! [55 gallon Contractor sized ones...]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #576 - Dec 26th, 2007 at 9:02pm

I've been over on the other site. Methinks that the admins should get their faces out of the eggnog and get to work. The cats are on vacation and the mice are running wild on one thread in particular. Just because it is on your mind doesn't mean you should tell the whole world!  It is really too bad that certain members there can't behave themselves without someone  standing over them with the "banning stick."
« Last Edit: Dec 26th, 2007 at 9:08pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #577 - Dec 26th, 2007 at 11:16pm

Penthesilea wrote on Dec 23rd, 2007 at 7:01pm:
Penthesilea wrote on Nov 23rd, 2007 at 7:22pm:
I've been prowling "ascension" sites today. Of particular interest is one that is insisting that Jupiter will ignite into a second sun before it passes behind the sun around December 23rd this year. This information is coming from a channeled source with an impressive name I'm not going to bother looking up at the moment. This person is supposedly representing a vast Galactic civilization that is going to swoop in and "fix" everything on Earth once Jupiter ignites.
Now, I have no doubt that a sufficiently advanced technological culture could figure out how to add enough mass to Jupiter to cause it to ignite so that isn't my problem. It's the overall tone of the site, and others like it, that is making me chuckle. I guess it is their "we have been chosen to lead the way for all you peons. We're unique and special and you poor unenlightened souls -- those of you that actually have souls since most of you are soulless, cloned worker drones --  that comprise the mass of humanity are lucky to have us here to save your bacon." attitude that amuses me. Of course, you can find this elitist attitude fairly easily. Some people's need to feel important will prompt them to say all sorts of outrageous things -- especially about their spiritual/soul development -- and that causes all sorts of hilarity behind their backs. Equal parts pathetic and humorous.
Anyway, what I'm waiting for is the explanation they will put out when Jupiter passes behind the sun as a plain ole gas giant rather than a new sun. What they will say while it is transiting behind the sun and what will happen when it emerges from behind the sun as -- still! -- a gas giant as is most likely, is a matter of great interest and anticipation too. Watching them squirm through the winter should be an interesting exercise.

hehehehehe Skywise and I just checked. As of this morning, Jupiter was still a gas giant and NOT a sun. And since such an event would be noticeable without a telescope I think that it is safe to say that if it had happened, the general population would have noticed! I'll be watching that site to see what they say about it. And if they say that the "Evil Forces" are keeping us from seeing the "new sun" I'm going to laugh myself sick....

Well, the explanation has been given. The planet has "cold feet" and we must wait until "he" -- the planetary spirit -- makes up his mind to ignite.  According to the channeled information, everything -- the necessary additional mass -- is in place for the ignition. It is just a matter of waiting until "Jupiter" is ready to do the deed. I'll admit that wasn't the explanation I was expecting. Still laughed though. We will see what happens when Jupiter reappears. I'll check with Skywise and find out when that will be. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #578 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 2:57am

Smiley I fed the girls a while ago but neglected to eat myself. I guess I had better go get something before I pass out at the comp. Skywise would NOT like that.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #579 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 4:17am

*smile* I'm working on Castle posts from November, 2005. Spirit was reading over my shoulder at one of the Lord Marshall's posts about my being at a dental appointment when he arrived on the thread. [I was having a crown fitted at the time.] Then she saw a post about her having an appointment and remarked indignantly that she didn't have a dental appointment! I pointed out that the post was over 2 years old....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #580 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 5:22am

*Yawn!* I've got some stuff to do upstairs before Skywise gets home -- at 3ish, late shift again -- and I'm a sleepy little writer person. I made good headway on the new section of Castle posts tonight and I have the crossed eyes to prove it! I might even find the end of Book One and the beginning of Book Two in this batch. It should be possible if I move things around a bit. Smiley
Anyway, I'm going to shut the Command Center down and call it a night. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #581 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 8:53pm

Smiley Skywise and I have come to the conclusion that this "Early shift/Late shift" game of ping pong scheduling is for the birds! Big NASTY birds! We're holding up but trying to get enough rest is really cutting into our "awake & family" time. I'm certain that when they make the next posting of jobs that need to be filled, he'll be looking for something in "Early shift" so that when he has to switch between clerking (currently the late shift) and supervising (the early shift) it doesn't mess us up so badly. He originally took the late shift posting so he could have weekends off. The girls were in public school then. Public schooling is no longer a consideration so it really doesn't matter what days he has off.
And yes, he has the late shift today and the early shift tomorrow. And it is payday..... *sigh*
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2007 at 4:39am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #582 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 12:11am

I'm gonna go do something useful and then catch a nap. If I don't grab some sleep, I'm not going to make it until 3 a.m. Thank the Gods that Skywise doesn't need nearly as much sleep as I do! Tomorrow is gonna be a ______ though, regardless.

IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #583 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 3:39am

You know, you can use this smiley:  Smiley

Edit: My Mom just pointed out to me that this is my 100th post. Oh well. At least it was silly.

« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2007 at 4:21am by MoonCat »  

Cleaning house with the Dustbuster2!

GTalk  
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #584 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 4:38am

And I had to go upstairs to do it too!! Smiley Congratulations on hitting triple digits! You are now a "WARRIOR OF THE EMPIRE!"
Actually, you are the "Firstborn of the Empire" but that isn't based on your post count!
And I'll keep that smiley in mind the next time I need to express myself forcefully......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #585 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 7:40am

Skywise will be home soon so I'm gonna head out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. See ya tomorrow! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #586 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 8:41pm

Afternoon! I'd have been here sooner but I've been trying to track down something a friend heard (on tv) about autism research. I figure that if it made the news, it'll be online somewhere. It would have helped if she had remembered a few more details. *sigh* I'm still looking. Maybe it will be on the evening news.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #587 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 9:13pm

Well, I'm making some headway. I found the video clip and I'm now looking for a "print" version that I can post a link to. The research involves Autism linked/caused by Fragile X Syndrome. The girls have never been diagnosed with Fragile X but the report said that there is a strong possibility that this treatment could work with autism caused by other things.  Human testing on this treatment could begin in 2008.

Edited to add: http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2007/fragilex-1219.html

This is a link to MIT where the research is going on. The girls don't have FXS but a breakthrough in one area can lead to breakthroughs in others.  I've lived on hope for a long time now with very little to fuel it. Things are looking up.....
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2007 at 9:19pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #588 - Dec 29th, 2007 at 5:44am

Skywise is home. I'm yawning hugely. Nite nite! Everyone sleep well and be safe, especially if you are having heavy weather this weekend! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #589 - Dec 29th, 2007 at 6:59pm

I'm back and Skywise is on the way to work. I soooooo wanted to sleep in this morning but duty called and we rolled out of bed way before we were ready. I'm looking forward to tomorrow when we can sleep in. And, of course, there will be serious "sleeping in" on New Year's Day followed by bouts of rampant naughtiness which will, logically, require more sleeping at some point in the proceedings. One MUST keep one's strength up, after all, and proper rest is a vital part of healthy naughtiness!

Yeah, I'm full of it today, even if I am sleepy! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #590 - Dec 29th, 2007 at 7:36pm

I need fresh tea and some of the Chips Ahoy! Candy Blast cookies Spirit put in the cart yesterday!

Red taffeta or silver lame? Smiley Maybe I should make one of each. The pattern is an unfitted "one size fits most" sort of thing.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #591 - Dec 29th, 2007 at 9:27pm

I'm not having any luck writing at the moment but the Gods know that there are still plenty of Castle posts that need editing! At least I'm getting something constructive done in the way of Castle work!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #592 - Dec 29th, 2007 at 9:34pm

I'm glad I'm keeping an un-edited copy of the Castle posts. In some spots it is like an online diary. I'm remembering a lot of things from 2005 and smiling a lot....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #593 - Dec 29th, 2007 at 9:47pm

Giant Cats invade Castle!!! Film at 11!!!

An original Castle quote -- real life -- from November 4, 2005. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #594 - Dec 30th, 2007 at 1:36am

Still no inspiration on the writing front so I'm doing the first edit on another section. This one is DEFINITELY in Book One so I think I can see a glimmer of light at the end of that particular tunnel. I wanna have a completed first draft ready by Spring -- April or early May -- and since my first drafts tend to be pretty detailed, I shouldn't be too far from a submittable draft unless I've made a complete mess of it! Smiley NOT GONNA HAPPEN! I've worked too hard to blow it. Ideally, I'd like to be talking to publishers by late summer/early fall of '08.

I'm gonna get on those book tours yet. At least around the Midwest and Lake states....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #595 - Dec 30th, 2007 at 2:17am

I've just been reminded of a section that will need to be written.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #596 - Dec 30th, 2007 at 3:01am

Cry Pictures of Sassy and Sebastian just came up on the desktop rotation. I miss them.....
Thank Bast for the Lord of Samhain who is curled up in the chair next to me. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #597 - Dec 30th, 2007 at 5:07am

Well, Skywise is home, my eyes are shot from editing -- but I got a lot done so it is all good! -- and I'm gonna head out for the night. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #598 - Dec 30th, 2007 at 6:21pm

Afternoon! I slept in! The girls are still sleeping and Skywise is topside on the other computer. I'm gonna wander up there and tell him about something interesting that I read on another site and scare up some tea and breakfast. Tomorrow, being New Year's Eve, will call for some serious breakfast cooking on my part...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #599 - Dec 31st, 2007 at 4:30am

I could cause a lot of discomfort for some very deserving people if I wasn’t so ethical. I have a good memory and I keep records.
But I AM ethical.
So, I will not cause the much deserved discomfort.
They lucked out this time.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41
Send TopicPrint