Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back! (Read 38277 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back!
Reply #650 - Jan 13th, 2008 at 6:16pm

Afternoon! We're settled in to watch the Colts game. hehehe The Hearth Queen has turned into a football fan. All this season, she's been settling down next to Skywise to watch the games. And she does watch the screen intently. And another thing, she only displays this behavior when the Colts are playing! She flat ignores all the other teams!Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #651 - Jan 14th, 2008 at 5:13am

We've got an early call in the morning and I'm going to head out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #652 - Jan 14th, 2008 at 12:40pm

FYI: I am NOT a morning person.
Neither is Skywise.
We have come to the conclusion that we are nocturnal.
This time of "day" -- it's still pitch black outside -- is for sleeping, not stumbling around in the kitchen. I HATE early appointments and we have another one next Monday. Oh joy......
* Goes off in search of tea....* See you later at a more civilized hour......*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #653 - Jan 14th, 2008 at 7:30pm

I'm back. Actually we've been back for some hours but Skywise and I took ourselves off to bed for more sleep and naughtiness before he left for work. Aside from the fact that my jaw is throbbing, I'm a happy woman. I won't be getting another root canal...
Those of you who knew me in '05 will recall the root canal that I had back in Sept./Oct. of that year and the endless succession of dental appointments that I endured as my dentist worked on the fitting. I finally gave up and resolved to live with some discomfort. Some months later, I popped out a small filling in the tooth directly over the crown. I went in to have it replaced and was told that the tooth was cracked and that if the repair didn't take, another root canal would be necessary. Since our insurance hadn't covered the first one -- we paid $1,400 out of pocket -- I wasn't keen on going through the ordeal a second time. I told them to patch it up which they did. Since then I have ardently petitioned the Gods that if or when the crack worsened, the only option would be extraction, rather than a root canal. Last Monday night, the "repair" popped out. Fortunately, I didn't swallow or inhale the thing! It was HUGE! I have spent the last week redoubling my prayers for an extraction. The dentist was still talking root canal until he and his assistant got a look at my X-ray. The crack has widened to the point that the gum is beginning to push through it. So! There can be no saving the tooth by any means. The next time I call the dentist about it, it will be to arrange a referral to the oral surgeon -- same one who pulled 3 of my wisdom teeth back in '04 -- to take it out. HAPPY DAY!! [insert Snoopy dance smiley!] This last week is the FIRST TIME since September '05 that I haven't had some sort of discomfort in my mouth. And once this tooth is out, I should be pain free. [Again with the Snoopy dance!] I can handle most pain pretty well but I've discovered through this ordeal that mouth pain is the worst. Fortunately, my dentist gave me a prescription for serious painkillers that I'm to start, along with an antibiotic, at the first sign of trouble. So at the moment, I am the proud owner of another temporary filling -- which is why my jaw is sore. There was some serious dental equipment in my mouth this morning including something that acted like a "hose clamp" that held my tooth together while they repaired it -- which I'm hoping will hold until Spring/Summer. I'd like to get my money's worth out of this repair! Smiley But soon or late, the end is in sight. I've taken a 1000mg of aspirin and a super-sized chocolate milkshake and I expect my jaw to feel considerably less insulted by morning, Wednesday at the latest. Then I'll wait for the onset of symptoms that will signal sweet and permanent relief. And yes, the insurance WILL pay for the extraction.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #654 - Jan 14th, 2008 at 8:15pm

I'm going to go crash for a while and give that aspirin a chance to work. I'll be back later. Smiley

IP Logged

Rudas Starblaze

Reply #655 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 7:00am

its been a while.  im back at my last job, atleast it pays more now.  i dont have much for public information to say so ill just say hi.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #656 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 6:46pm

Hi! BA. I just got around to posting here. I was so wiped out last night that I didn't even say goodnight. I still have a bit of swelling around that tooth but only a tiny bit of pain. I'm eating things that don't require much chewing so I won't aggravate things. Smiley.

Smiley <---- Moonie thinks this new smiley is cute. So do I!
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2008 at 7:13pm by Deirachel »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #657 - Jan 16th, 2008 at 3:31am

About an hour ago just before I turned the television off a commercial came on using the chorus of "I want it all!" as the theme music. Since then, that music has been running through my head non-stop.
It pretty much sums up how I feel.
I want it ALL.
And I want it NOW.
I'm going to get it too.
Any questions? Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #658 - Jan 16th, 2008 at 5:50am

Skywise is home and he's gonna need the computer. I need to go clean the litter boxes one last time tonight. Lucky me! LOL

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #659 - Jan 16th, 2008 at 10:46pm

We hit the ground running this morning. Literally. We got a call at about 10:30 this morning from the auto shop. They had started the van to warm it up -- it's in for a bit of work -- so they could check things out and move it into the garage and promptly LOCKED THE KEYS IN IT. *sigh* With the engine running, of course. Skywise was already up but the girls and I weren't. So we "scrambled" in true "RED ALERT!" fashion and headed off for town at speed. Skywise would have gone alone but we had intended to go into town to do some banking today anyway sooooo.....
We got there before the tank ran dry and saved the day. Then we ate, did our banking and then went down to Floral Gulch. We stopped at Wal-Mart on the way back -- I wanted to get some yarn -- and we got home with about 2 hours to spare before he had to leave.... Smiley Fortunately, he has the late shift only once this week for which I am profoundly grateful....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #660 - Jan 16th, 2008 at 11:57pm

I'm going to go boil four or five eggs so I can make some tuna salad and bean salad tomorrow. I keep forgetting to eat and I need something that I can scarf down quick! I'm usually the only one who eats the bean salad which suits me but the tuna tends to disappear in a hurry! Skywise likes to make sandwiches of it with toast...

*heads for kitchen to boil eggs...*

I'm also going to eat while I'm topside. I'm lightheaded....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #661 - Jan 17th, 2008 at 2:56am

Penthesilea wrote on Jan 16th, 2008 at 3:31am:
About an hour ago just before I turned the television off a commercial came on using the chorus of "I want it all!" as the theme music. Since then, that music has been running through my head non-stop.
It pretty much sums up how I feel.
I want it ALL.
And I want it NOW.
I'm going to get it too.
Any questions? Smiley

This chorus is STILL running though my head! I'm beginning to think I'm gonna have to dig into my Queen collection, haul it out and wire it into my head! And I DO still want it ALL and I'm still gonna get it!
I WILL WIN!
I will win because I won't quit. I promised Skywise that I wouldn't and I've yet to break a promise to him.

In the meantime though, I'm gonna go get dinner on the table! Smiley Life DOES go on....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #662 - Jan 17th, 2008 at 6:46am

Skywise is going to be home soon and, since he has the early shift tomorrow -- later today actually -- I need to get a few things done before he gets here. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Rudas Starblaze

Reply #663 - Jan 17th, 2008 at 6:55am

imagine that... havent even been back at my old job for a month yet and theyve already asked me to be an operator/supervisor and im getting a $2 per hour raise straight off while in training and after that ill be making over $17 per hour.....  and whats ironic about that...  im not even excited.  all i want is ONE thing right now...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #664 - Jan 17th, 2008 at 6:41pm

SmileyBA. Things will sort themselves out eventually. Right now, concentrate on what you can do something about and try not to worry about the rest. A tall order, I know, but worrying about things that are out of your control is a waste of time and energy that can be better spent. "Voice of Experience" talking here.
As for me, we got to bed considerably later than we had planned last night *sigh. giggle!* so I'm a bit late getting out of the starting gate this morning... errrrr afternoon. Anyway, aside from that things are going pretty good. Skywise is getting ready to leave -- rats! -- and I'm at the Research Station since there is laundry and dishes to be done and Spirit has already claimed the Command Center computer! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #665 - Jan 17th, 2008 at 7:17pm

Smiley The 2012 site where I have been reading about "Jupiter becoming a sun" among other interesting/amusing things seems to have disappeared. Either they have not paid their bill or have decided that trying to explain why all their predictions aren't happening is entirely too embarrassing!! It is rather a shame since it was a regular producer of amusement and you have to admire such dedication. Of course, the "True Believers" will be positive that the "Forces of Darkness" are responsible. I'm more inclined to blame the "Forces of Economics." I'll check back periodically and see if it goes back up. If it does, the explanation for its disappearance should be interesting and hilarious.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #666 - Jan 17th, 2008 at 9:32pm

Well, that missing site is back and I found some interesting stuff to read. hehehehehe If they are right, life is gonna get damned interesting. If they are not, someone is missing out on a great career in fiction writing! Smiley

IP Logged

FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Reply #667 - Jan 18th, 2008 at 1:43am

I've been seriously slacking on updating people... but I wanted to tell ya'll... we're having a girl! Smiley

*wave*

Hope everyone is well.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #668 - Jan 18th, 2008 at 2:51am

Congratulations! When are you due and where can I send a baby gift? LOL I'm rather partial to little girls having two of my own. Although mine aren't so little anymore!

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #669 - Jan 18th, 2008 at 4:17am

Oooo! A baby girl!!

Should I knit some little black goth booties?   Smiley

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #670 - Jan 18th, 2008 at 4:19am

Maybe I should hit Hot Topics. They have some really cute baby things.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #671 - Jan 18th, 2008 at 6:01am

Skywise is home and dinner is eaten. I'm going to head out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #672 - Jan 18th, 2008 at 2:37pm

*Yawn* Morning! It is morning, isn't it? *Checks watch* Yep. Morning. Friday -- where did the week go? -- and definitely morning. Got "distracted" last night and didn't fall asleep until about 3. I'm gonna need serious caffeine here. *Yawn* I'll be back later. *Staggers off to the kitchen to make tea while managing not to step on any cats.....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #673 - Jan 18th, 2008 at 7:43pm

I'm back. The morning got hectic waaayyy before I was ready but we made it. Skywise is at work and I'm getting caught up with my "site related" chores. I still have a bit to do -- which will involve the Research Station comp -- but it can wait. I have some calls to make around 5ish so I'll switch then. I'm going to attempt to wrest some creativity from my addled brain and work on some version of the Castle this afternoon.... *needs more tea....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #674 - Jan 18th, 2008 at 11:17pm

eep! I went out into the World Wild Web, took a look around and came right back here where it is calm, peaceful and civilized. I don't know if it is Mars Retrograde, the continuing rise in planetary vibration [the ascension sites' explanation], the pure cussedness of the human race or what but people are getting their shorts in a bunch over the most trivial things. AND refusing to back off when that is pointed out to them. Consequently, it is a verbal and emotional mine field out there!
Methinks, I will stay here -- venturing out only when necessary and in full riot gear -- and work on the Castle.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41
Send TopicPrint