Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back! (Read 38322 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back!
Reply #750 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 5:02am

*Yawn* The connection is getting temperamental and I'm getting tired. NOT a good combination. So, I'm going to head out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #751 - Feb 3rd, 2008 at 5:14pm

Morning! err.... Afternoon!
Yeah, I slept in this morning and as a consequence, I feel halfway human for a change!! Skywise's schedule should be fairly regular this week barring any last minute changes by the Post Office. Now if the weather will just cooperate...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #752 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 12:51am

Remember what I said about weather?
It is thundering. Right now. The storm "should" barely clip us.
And the weather people say that a repeat of Tuesday's high winds/severe storms is possible for this Tuesday. 
I don't know if I should do this--->Smiley Or this --->SmileyOr maybe this ---> Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #753 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 1:27am

The thunderstorm petered out before it got here. It's raining a bit but no "boom!" That is a good thing. This year's Super Bowl isn't as personally compelling as last year's but we'd still like to watch it without having to worry about THUNDERSTORMS!!!
Yes. I am one of those supposedly rare women who like football...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #754 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 3:13am

GIANTS WIN!
GIANTS WIN!!
GIANTS WIN!!!

And the only way that Peyton Manning could be happier is if HE threw the winning touchdown! Smiley

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2008 at 3:52pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #755 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 5:39am

*Yawn* It's getting late and I have stuff to do before bed. Everyone sleep well and be safe. See ya tomorrow. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Rudas Starblaze

Reply #756 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 8:02am

yep! my son is gonna be mad at me! i told him a week ago that the giants would win....  (i didnt even watch the game btw)  why people question my abilities to see/know whats gonna happen is beyond me...  and the worst part is, some people who've witnessed it multiple times still dont listen! lmao

may 8th... may 8th... may 8th.... please come soon and please come safe.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #757 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 3:20pm

Well, I don't question it! hehehehe Which makes me either very gullible or a woman of superior good sense. Frankly, I prefer the latter!
And I'm right with you on the "May 8th" thing but you already know this, don't you! Smiley Smiley

Morning all. We have fog at the moment. *sigh* It's 45 degrees with an expected high of 60. Cold front coming in tomorrow....... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #758 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 10:40pm

We still have fog and it is 56 degrees. *sigh* I'm going to have to catch the weather on the 6 o'clock news and see what they're staying now. At least there is no foolishness in the forecast for tonight. As far as I know....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #759 - Feb 5th, 2008 at 12:09am

Yeah. Meteorological foolishness in spades. Hopefully, Skywise will be home and we'll have everything battened down by the time the first wave arrives around 3ish tonight. The second round of nonsense is expected to arrive around 11 p.m. Tuesday night. That one is the one expected to make things lively. Normally, we wouldn't be dealing with this nonsense until late March. *sigh* Guess all we can do is "duck and cover" and hope the house stays put and intact.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #760 - Feb 5th, 2008 at 5:41am

It is February 5th.
It is closing on 1 a.m. 
The temperature is 64 degrees.
And there is a nasty looking squall line moving in on Lafayette from the northwest.
It is going to be a long night. Skywise should be home -- around 3ish -- before it gets here. It is a slow moving line. They are forecasting 2 to 3 inches of rain before the front goes completely through Tuesday night.
Can you say "flood?"
I stand corrected. It's gonna be a long 24 hours.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #761 - Feb 5th, 2008 at 6:21am

The squall line is over Lafayette now. It looks like they are being pounded and as slowly as it is moving, they are going to get a LOT of rain out of it. On hte plus side, Skywise will be getting off work in 35 minutes and should be home well ahead of the storm.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #762 - Feb 5th, 2008 at 7:17am

He's home! He's home! He's home!! When he got to work they needed him to supervise. It was a rough night but they got everything done that they had to, so his boss said "Let's go home." And so they did!  The squall line is still in the Lafayette area but rainstorms are breaking out ahead of it. Some of them just north of here. So yeah, I'm glad he's home!!!
I'll probably be on for a while longer but I'll say good night now while I have the chance. Everyone sleep well and be safe. I'll be here as soon as I can in the morning. The weather's likely to be unsettled so it's anyone's guess when I'll be here. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Rudas Starblaze

Reply #763 - Feb 5th, 2008 at 7:32am

Penthesilea wrote on Feb 4th, 2008 at 3:20pm:
Well, I don't question it! hehehehe Which makes me either very gullible or a woman of superior good sense. Frankly, I prefer the latter!
And I'm right with you on the "May 8th" thing but you already know this, don't you! Smiley Smiley

Morning all. We have fog at the moment. *sigh* It's 45 degrees with an expected high of 60. Cold front coming in tomorrow....... Smiley

i would have to agree with the latter as well! Wink  and yes!!! hurry the hell up may 8th!!

and the bloody weather... it got nice and warm here, melted off all the snow today... and now we're sposta get even more!!!  and its getting cold here already! and im straight across from ye Penth!  (k, so in the next state but still!!) lol Tongue

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #764 - Feb 5th, 2008 at 6:09pm

Rudas Starblaze wrote on Feb 5th, 2008 at 7:32am:
Penthesilea wrote on Feb 4th, 2008 at 3:20pm:

i would have to agree with the latter as well! Wink  and yes!!! hurry the hell up may 8th!!

and the bloody weather... it got nice and warm here, melted off all the snow today... and now we're sposta get even more!!!  and its getting cold here already! and im straight across from ye Penth!  (k, so in the next state but still!!) lol Tongue

Yep! You're more or less straight west of me. Smiley It's still in the mid-50s here but that won't last too much longer. The Lord of Samhain wants to go outside but the neighbor's beagle is out and that little guy is running all over the neighborhood following scents and baying. That makes his Lordship switch his tail and growl. He does NOT like dogs! So, he's inside sulking. Poor kitty!
I slept in this morning. Worrying about the incoming weather kept me awake and it's likely to be a long night if things develop like they expect.
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2008 at 7:16pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #765 - Feb 5th, 2008 at 6:42pm

The beagle is in the back yard along the edge of the woods.
The Lord of Samhain is watching out the back door [sliding glass type] and he is not a happy kitty. He's torn between hissing at the intruder and bolting down the basement stairs. I'd cuddle him but that might be taking my life in my hands right now...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #766 - Feb 5th, 2008 at 7:25pm

Moonie has a new Wii game and the soundtrack is what Skywise calls "Enya-lite." What's good about it is that it is making the whole house "feel" peaceful and serene. The title of the game is "Endless Ocean" so there are lots of gentle "sea" sounds: light winds, sea birds and bubbles. Sorry, guys. No pirates or hurricanes.... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #767 - Feb 5th, 2008 at 10:09pm

Omm: Luggage, strangely enough. There will be travel down the road for me. Book tours, maybe DragonCon in a year or two. Maybe other reasons to travel... Anyway, I HATE having to rush around getting stuff together. Some might find that exciting but I just find it stressful. So, I'm checking out my luggage, seeing what I have and what I need to get and generally doing the magickal "acting as if".

I hate to fly even if it is fast. I can if I have to but the vibrations from jet engines make my whole head hurt. We won't even go into the hassle of getting on a plane these days. So, I'll be more likely to take a train or a bus when I travel unless I need to be there yesterday! I must say that the Amtrack site is a lot more "user friendly" than Greyhound's. Smiley No direct train service from Indianapolis to Atlanta. Durn it! Amtrack looks good for destinations west, east and north though. And riding the "City of New Orleans" just to say that I did when I sing the song... Smiley Anyway, that is where my mind has wandered to.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #768 - Feb 6th, 2008 at 12:26am

I can tell that an extreme air pressure change is on the way. My head hurts. It feels like a huge C-clamp on my temples. ouchie It looks to still be northwest of me and west of BA. It should be getting here about midnight - 2 a.m. according to the weather folks. *sigh* more ouchie..I hope that they draft Skywise to supervise tonight if it means he gets home before the storms get bad. It's gonna be another long night.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #769 - Feb 6th, 2008 at 1:11am

Smiley I'm trying to write and my head hurts so bad that I can't even explain WHAT I'm trying to write!  I got the first part done. The big lizard is on the scene scarfing down the "already dead" army but I've yet to "find" the vampire community the obliteration of which at the Lord Marshall's hands results in him showing up at the Castle dazed and covered in blood. HOW did he slaughter them all? HOW many were there? And HOW the heck did he get back so fast when he was nearly 300 miles away with no mage to cast a Teleportation Spell?
These and other questions will be on my mind while I take a break, take some aspirin and do something useful in the way of.. ick.. laundry....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #770 - Feb 6th, 2008 at 2:06am

Okay, things are getting interesting. There is a HUGE orange/red blob to the west. It has already passed BA's neck of the woods. Next couple of hours should be "hectic."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #771 - Feb 6th, 2008 at 2:24am

I'm shutting things down until the storm passes. I'll be back later if we don't have a power outage. Wind is supposed to be bad again.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #772 - Feb 6th, 2008 at 3:44am

Just to let you know that the worst of the storm is past us. The squall line weakened considerably as it got close to us  Smiley but it is still thundering and the power still could go off. It rained like the very devil but the wind wasn't as bad -- here -- as it was last week.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #773 - Feb 6th, 2008 at 4:18am

Penthesilea wrote on Feb 6th, 2008 at 12:26am:
I can tell that an extreme air pressure change is on the way. My head hurts. It feels like a huge C-clamp on my temples. ouchie It looks to still be northwest of me and west of BA. It should be getting here about midnight - 2 a.m. according to the weather folks. *sigh* more ouchie..I hope that they draft Skywise to supervise tonight if it means he gets home before the storms get bad. It's gonna be another long night.

My head is MUCH better now that the storms are, mostly, past us. And at the moment, it looks like the worst of it will be out of the state by the time Skywise starts home.Smiley  Thank the Gods!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #774 - Feb 6th, 2008 at 7:06am

The "storm" part of the evening's program is over. The tornado watch has expired. I'm making NO headway in figuring out this knot in the Castle plot and staring at the word documents is making me cross eyed. Therefore, I'm going to head out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley With luck, inspiration will come in my dreams. If not, at least I'll be well rested!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41
Send TopicPrint