Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back! (Read 38358 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back!
Reply #775 - Feb 6th, 2008 at 7:49pm

Afternoon! We took off fast this morning and this is my first chance to post! The temp is dropping but it is NOT raining presently so that is good. The White River has overflowed its banks which isn't especially good but it was expected. And don't worry, we are a good distance from the river and at a much higher elevation. We are soggy as all hell but we aren't going to flood!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #776 - Feb 6th, 2008 at 8:24pm

*giggle* Skywise and I have been discussing politics: the last Presidential election and yesterday's Super Tuesday. It's a good thing we're both on the same page or things could get hot around here!  The way things are going the Indiana primary could even be important this year which would be very nice from the "state ego" standpoint.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #777 - Feb 6th, 2008 at 10:53pm

The local weatherperson was talking about what is going on up around Lake Michigan. My sympathies to anyone living on either side of the lake! Likewise to people in the south where the tornadoes hit last night. No one should have to duck tornadoes period but especially not "out of season" ones. Of course, who can say what "out of season" is anymore....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #778 - Feb 7th, 2008 at 4:43am

We got to Half-Price Books today and sure enough the two astrology books that I didn't get from amazon were there. One was half priced and the other had been marked down to one quarter price. Can you say "deal!" Of course you can! Smiley One of the books that I had ordered arrived today too so that makes 3 new ones today. I also picked up a couple books on other subjects. Yes, Penth went crazy with the half price (or less!) books!! Everyone else got something too so we had quite a haul. The software for the astrology books still needs to be loaded but I'm already finding things out just from skimming through the books. I've always known that astrology was a good way to get a handle on oneself and others, especially when you want or need to figure out why someone [or even yourself!] does what they do. Yeah. I'm gonna be a busy little Penth.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #779 - Feb 7th, 2008 at 6:31am

I'm going to head out and do some reading of which I have a great deal! Smiley Everyone sleep well and be safe, especially if it is really being winter where you are! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #780 - Feb 7th, 2008 at 6:41pm

Afternoon all! We had a power outage and I'm happy to say that the new comps and the network weathered it just fine. The only "problem" was when the power came back on, the Research Station comp -- which is the "server" for the network -- came on [it was in "sleep" mode] and connected to the internet. Fortunately, I was awake when it did this so I shut it off and went back to bed! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #781 - Feb 7th, 2008 at 9:26pm

Another astrology book arrived today. hehehehe This one isn't as hotly anticipated as some of the others but the price was good and I could need it at some point in the near future when it might not be available. Yes, that has happened to me and I didn't like it one little bit!

Smiley Skywise is looking over my shoulder. He just got out of the shower. He is seriously "undraped"....
Why does he do these things to me when there is NO TIME TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT??
I love him but he can be cruel! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #782 - Feb 8th, 2008 at 4:33am

I'm going to head out, finish making dinner and do a few other things. Maybe I can get a handle on this strange feeling I have if I concentrate on it. Or relax on it.... Anyway, I don't know if I'll make it back tonight so I'll say goodnight now. Everyone be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #783 - Feb 8th, 2008 at 7:28pm

Smiley Yeah, it has been that sort of day so far! Skywise is off to work -- early shift naturally! -- most of the supplies are put away and kids and cats are reasonably settled. Whew!
Six books came in the mail today. It is a good thing the letter carrier drives up to our mailbox rather than walks! hehehehe The first round of astrology books have all arrived. The first book of the second round is still out in the postal system and now I'm gonna be hunting "deals" on the remaining books on my list. I'm already learning some very interesting things even without having complete charts. Smiley [In order to generate a complete chart an astrologer needs the birthplace and birth time in addition to the month, day and year of birth. Just the birthdate can tell you a lot though. *more Smiley * ]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #784 - Feb 8th, 2008 at 11:59pm

I've decided to update my occult library list. I've been working on it for about an hour and a half. The count is up to 365 books. I have a stack of 13 sitting here waiting to be entered and I haven't added all the "energy" books or psychic vampire books I have. Or all the tarot books, the astral projection books and a huge stack of other books on a variety of topics. Smiley This is NOT a job that I'm going to get done in an evening. I'm gonna leave the list on my desktop and I'll work on it whenever I get bored with the Web and the Castle isn't being cooperative. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #785 - Feb 9th, 2008 at 5:27am

I'm calling it a night. We're hitting the deck early in the morning to take the Hearth Queen to the vet. I'll let you know how it goes. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #786 - Feb 9th, 2008 at 8:10pm

Everything is quiet. The Hearth Queen has a UTI and got a shot this morning. We have the job of dosing her with antibiotics for the next 7 to 10 days. The vet asked us if we wanted pills and liquid. Skywise and I replied "liquid!" at the same time. We know how this is gonna go!
The girls have been sleeping for a while. We had to get up earlier than usual this morning 'cause of the vet appointment and they crashed when we got back from the city since we dropped the Queen off here, put her medicine in the refrigerator and headed out again. Smiley I caught a quick nap myself. I think I hear Moonie stirring in her room so I'm gonna start puttering around in the kitchen and laundry nook. Both dishes and clothes need to be washed. We are visiting friends tomorrow afternoon so I won't be able to do it tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #787 - Feb 9th, 2008 at 10:29pm

*snark!* Two of the three books I need are out of print and the sellers on Amazon want an obscene amount of money for their copies! I am NOT paying one and a half times the cover price for a used paperback even if I DO need it! 
I guess that I'll just have to manifest what I need at the Half-Price book store. It is a nuisance though!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #788 - Feb 9th, 2008 at 11:56pm

SmileyI've figured out how to get the Lord Marshall where I want him.  Smiley Time to get to work...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #789 - Feb 10th, 2008 at 2:14am

Okay, the big lizard has failed to eat the Lord Marshall.
Now it is the vampires turn to try......

Don't look at me!  The vampires were his idea!
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2008 at 2:23am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #790 - Feb 10th, 2008 at 5:28am

Smiley  Ahh... the technical details of getting the Lord Marshall in a hell of a lot of trouble. And then getting him out of it. And then getting him home in a suitably dazed and bloody condition. I'm beginning to think that I'm going to need a trans-dimensional warp accident....

*Goes in search of a trans-dimensional warp to have an accident with.....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #791 - Feb 10th, 2008 at 5:48am

I've done all the damage to the Lord Marshall that I can do tonight! Smiley I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #792 - Feb 10th, 2008 at 11:55pm

I'm back. We've been gone all day and this is my first chance to check in! It is colder than a polar bear's toenails out there right now -- wind chill is fierce right now! -- and the family has voted on chili for dinner. No d'uh! I'll be starting on that in a little while since lunch has worn off and there is only so much a snack can do!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #793 - Feb 11th, 2008 at 5:56am

I'm going to head out. The weather is looking nasty for Monday night but more on that later. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #794 - Feb 11th, 2008 at 5:38pm

Hi! We have a Winter Storm Warning going right now. We are hoping that the warm front that will be bringing in the snow -- 3 to 6 inches -- won't warm things up so much that we get freezing rain. It is supposed to hit at about 9ish so Skywise will be driving home in it. Another long night for Penth. *sigh*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #795 - Feb 11th, 2008 at 10:34pm

The forecast has been updated. The snow is now expected to arrive in Indy around midnight which means it will get here some before that since the system is coming out of the southwest and we're south of the city. It looks like it will be all snow here - 3 to 6 inches of light fluffy stuff -- with that freezing rain nonsense staying in the southern third or fourth of the state. Maybe tonight won't be so long after all....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #796 - Feb 12th, 2008 at 1:24am

Another weather update: It looks like the freezing rain will stay well south of us. We are expecting 3 to 6 inches of fluffy snow. I told Spirit to have her sled ready. Yeah, she loves sledding. I'll be catching the 11 o'clock news for the latest update but so far it is looking pretty good.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #797 - Feb 12th, 2008 at 4:42pm

Grrr... Morning. We got a dusting of snow -- and it is now raining. Temp is 24 degrees. Yep! Freezing rain...
ALL the weather forecasters got it wrong!

On the plus side, while the cats have cabin fever to beat the band, the Hearth Queen is romping around with the others and she obviously feels much better. Maybe she will feel up to running off the extra weight she's gained this winter.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #798 - Feb 12th, 2008 at 6:10pm

Skywise is getting ready for work. He has the early shift today and I'm planning on going offline while he's on the road so he can call me when he gets to work. Otherwise I'll likely worry all day. He thinks that he will be okay once he gets to the highway but I'm a worry wart....
I should be back in about ninety minutes or less.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #799 - Feb 12th, 2008 at 7:53pm

Skywise called about 10 minutes ago. It was a skating rink all the way. The state has apparently put all its efforts on the Interstates, leaving those who use the state highways on their own. He told me that he was starting to see some trucks on the state highway as he came into the city so we're hoping that things will be better when he heads for home. For the next eight and a half hours though, he's safe.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41
Send TopicPrint