Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back! (Read 38421 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back!
Reply #800 - Feb 13th, 2008 at 3:20am

Observation:
It is too bad that the enormous amounts of hot air being generated right now can't be used for something useful like snow removal. Especially since the words accompanying said hot air amount to nothing but self-important "organic fertilizer." Whoever invented "political campaigns" should be dug up, reanimated and then shot, dismembered and then cremated. Of course, not all or even most, of the hot air is coming from the politicians.....
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2008 at 10:08pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #801 - Feb 13th, 2008 at 3:54am

Skywise is getting off work in a few minutes and we're going offline so he can call us if he wants to. We'll be back when he gets home.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #802 - Feb 13th, 2008 at 5:49am

Okay, he's home! I will resume breathing.....
He says the highway is okay. The backroads -- where we live -- are pure hell. In any event, he's mine until he leaves tomorrow and I'm gonna take full advantage of that! Smiley
Nite, all! Sleep well and be safe! Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #803 - Feb 13th, 2008 at 5:14pm

*Yawn* Greetings! I took full and unashamed advantage of Skywise last night and therefore needed to sleep in this morning! Smiley No worries about that since he has the last shift tonight and won't leave until 4:30 p.m. He's been out to check the road and says that it is slushy. The road crews must have been by with lots of salt. We'll probably take the car into town later. The girls, especially Spirit, are getting cabin fever. In fact, I just got hollered at to hurry, they're ready to leave! LOL Bye! Smiley

IP Logged

FuryRising

Aware of Everything; Touched
by Nothing.

Reply #804 - Feb 14th, 2008 at 3:39am

...did I mention I've been a slacker about posting?  Oy.

Ha ha... BR, little goth booties... I think he'd get a kick out of a delivery of those. Smiley

Presents could go c/o to his mothers...  Smiley...but aren't necessary. Wink  You guys are cute though.

I think we're naming her Aleksey (Alex for short), and I'll post pics as soon as she's here.  Smiley  Or well... as soon as I manage to get around to actually getting online and logging in and downloading pictures....

I wasn't ignoring ya'll!! 

(And off I go again.)

Cheers!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #805 - Feb 14th, 2008 at 3:49am

PM one of us with the address!

Post # 9,000!
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2008 at 2:26am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #806 - Feb 14th, 2008 at 5:20am

Skywise is going to be home in about 3 hours and I have some "not comp" stuff to get done. I've also got to get out my crochet hook and check my "baby pattern" supply! [BR knits, I crochet.]  hehehehehe! Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #807 - Feb 14th, 2008 at 7:26pm

We stayed up late and took off fast this morning so I'm just now getting here. The Hearth Queen is feeling MUCH better. We just dosed her and she was having none of it. Fortunately, she isn't as adamant about it as the War Queen can be. There isn't much medicine left so the indignity won't go on much longer. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #808 - Feb 15th, 2008 at 12:42am

FuryRising wrote on Feb 14th, 2008 at 3:39am:
...did I mention I've been a slacker about posting?  Oy.

Ha ha... BR, little goth booties... I think he'd get a kick out of a delivery of those. Smiley

Presents could go c/o to his mothers...  Smiley...but aren't necessary. Wink  You guys are cute though.

I think we're naming her Aleksey (Alex for short), and I'll post pics as soon as she's here.  Smiley  Or well... as soon as I manage to get around to actually getting online and logging in and downloading pictures....

I wasn't ignoring ya'll!! 

(And off I go again.)

Cheers!

One nice thing about dial up and long download times, it gives me lots of odd moments to crochet. This baby afghan should be done in a couple of days at this rate. The second one may take a bit longer since it is a pattern I haven't done before. I have something else in mind too if it doesn't take too long.....

YES, presents are necessary. So PM that mailing address...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #809 - Feb 15th, 2008 at 3:56am

Moonie and I have been sharing Dove chocolates. Yum! It's a good thing that dinner isn't for another couple of hours yet. [Skywise will be eating when he  gets home and I like for the food to be somewhat eatable when he has it, hence the very late dinner hour.]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #810 - Feb 15th, 2008 at 7:17am

Skywise should be home in about 30 minutes -- the weather is behaving for a change! -- so I'm going to head out and get a couple of things done. I've managed to make some headway on the Castle so I'm a fairly happy writer person and Sarasvati shouldn't be too displeased with me! Smiley
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #811 - Feb 15th, 2008 at 6:09pm

Greetings!! Typical crazy "Early shift after late shift" day here. Skywise will be leaving shortly and I will attempt to get my brain properly hooked up so I can get some things done! Laundry -- ick -- dishes -- double ick -- and writing --- YIPPEE!!!!!! Plus other stray chores, crocheting whenever I have a moment and reading when I need a break.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #812 - Feb 16th, 2008 at 4:02am

Penthesilea wrote on Feb 10th, 2008 at 5:28am:
Smiley  Ahh... the technical details of getting the Lord Marshall in a hell of a lot of trouble. And then getting him out of it. And then getting him home in a suitably dazed and bloody condition. I'm beginning to think that I'm going to need a trans-dimensional warp accident....

*Goes in search of a trans-dimensional warp to have an accident with.....*

Okay. I've got him where he needs to be and he's about to be doing what he needs to do. All I need to figure out now is how -- precisely -- he does what he said that he did in a way that makes some sort of sense, storywise. It is a good thing that the "rules" of the Castle world are pretty flexible...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #813 - Feb 16th, 2008 at 5:30am

Skywise is home and I'm still wrestling with the Lord Marshall's predicament so I think that I'm going to call it a night head out. Maybe a brisk round of single-minded naughtiness Smiley will clear out the cobwebs so I can focus my attention on the writing tomorrow! 
Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif] I promise to be good.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #814 - Feb 16th, 2008 at 8:38pm

It's been a busy morning/afternoon! Smiley I'm still trying to get a handle on how to do what needs to be done writing wise but it isn't "jelling" yet. I'm getting some other stuff done while I think so it isn't a total loss.  Still, I'd like to get it done. I still have a murder to do for this section....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #815 - Feb 17th, 2008 at 3:07am

Well, one baby afghan is done and I've started on the second. Moonie and Spirit have both been online today so I've had time to crochet and do laundry -- bleh! -- and dishes -- double bleh! -- and try to come up with suitable mayhem for the Lord Marshall to execute. I got a copy of Ultimate Grappling this morning. Maybe that will spark some unique ideas....
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2008 at 4:21pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #816 - Feb 17th, 2008 at 5:21am

He's home and I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #817 - Feb 17th, 2008 at 4:28pm

*Yawn* Morning. The storm that was supposed to arrive late tonight arrived late last night. *sigh* So the "not raining/snowing/sleeting" day we were looking forward to is a bust. Fortunately, it is NOT freezing rain. It's just rain so while it is inconvenient it isn't dangerous -- at least not around here. There is a Flood Warning for the northern third/half of the state because of the rain.
Smiley Hmmmmm... need tea. Need pancakes..... need bacon....
*goes in search of sustenance......* I'll be back!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #818 - Feb 17th, 2008 at 5:14pm

Ahhhh.... cognitive functions are coming online! It's amazing what a solid hit of caffeine and breakfast can do for you. And I DIDN'T want to wait to eat and end up having a cheeseburger for breakfast this morning -- which I have done more often than I can remember! Smiley One of the few drawbacks of being nocturnal -- most places stop serving breakfast before we get up most days!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #819 - Feb 17th, 2008 at 9:08pm

We went to town during a break in the rain. The wind is really blowing but the kitties have gone out since it has been in the lower 60's temp wise and they all have cabin fever to beat the band! It doesn't look like we will get any more rain today. *fingers crossed!* I was glad to get in and get out of Wal-Mart -- way too many people shopping on Sunday afternoons and too many kids use it as a "hangout" when school isn't in session. I suspect that the management of the local Wal-Mart dreads Sunday afternoons.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #820 - Feb 17th, 2008 at 9:24pm

Moonie reports that the Lord of Samhain has chased the War Queen up a tree. It has been so long since they've been able to play outside, she probably doesn't mind. Smiley
Skywise is downstairs doing arcane things to the computer and muttering. It has something to do with the network I think or the fact that the built in iChat system is wonky. He'll tell me what it is when he's got it figured out!

That was a strong gust of wind....
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2008 at 9:38pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #821 - Feb 17th, 2008 at 9:37pm

Idle observation: Why do so many bands regardless of category all look like they were dressed by the same wardrobe department using castoffs from a homeless shelter? And had their hair styled by the same stylist? And, judging from their expressions in "formal" publicity pictures, all suffer from chronic constipation or some other gastrointestinal unpleasantness?
Would it kill these guys to look like they enjoy what they are doing? Just askin....

Say what you will about KISS musically but as far as their stage presence -- hair, makeup, costumes, personas -- was concerned they were completely original and no one has managed to successfully imitate them. And you knew that they were having a blast....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #822 - Feb 17th, 2008 at 10:06pm

Well, I just checked the radar and there is a “Wall of Wet” headed this way. Fortunately, all the kitty persons have come inside and are in no danger of getting their little furry selves wet! Smiley The radar returns are all shades of green so it shouldn’t be too bad although with this wind, it could be horizontal.....
I'm glad we are on the warm side of this thing!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #823 - Feb 18th, 2008 at 4:53am

Moonie has expressed a desire to roam the web and I need to think and maybe "assault" Smiley her father some more before we sleep so I'm going to head out for the night. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #824 - Feb 18th, 2008 at 7:35pm

Smiley I've been a good wife and mommie today and let everyone else use the computers! Now it is MY turn! Smiley I have a handle on the Lord Marshall's problems so I'm going to dive into the writing and see where that goes.
The weather has changed again. Yesterday's high was 61 degrees. Today it is snowing.... At least the weather waited until it was cold before it started precipitating again! I've had quite enough of that "freezing rain" foolishness and I'm sure that everyone else has to!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41
Send TopicPrint