Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back! (Read 38440 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' III: The Posts Strike Back!
Reply #825 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 2:09am

I think I've finally gotten the hang of this new crochet pattern -- after a weekend of working on it. At least, it looks like it is supposed to! Smiley Gods willing and I don't have any unforeseen emergencies, it should be done by this time next week. And I've already got the supplies I need for the rest of my "Goth Baby" presents..... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #826 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 3:03am

THERE!

The Lord Marshall has triumphed and has returned to the Castle dazed and bloody but reasonably intact. The army has been massacred but they were -- by the Lord Marshall's admission -- the scum of the planet anyway so the gene pool has been cleaned. Now on to the next bit that needs rewriting.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #827 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 5:10am

Skywise is home. He's says that it winter again. I told him that it would be until the end of the week at least. He's eating pizza and we're talking about "Pickman's Model". If you don't know the short story, google it.. muwahahahaha
Anyway, I've made a bit more headway on the Castle tonight -- I could have done more if I didn't have to cook! -- and I'm going to head out for the night. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #828 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 5:54pm

Greetings! It's been a busy morning already. Skywise is getting ready to leave and once he's out the door, I'll be settling in for what I hope is a good session of writing. Plus dishes and laundry -- bleh! And double bleh! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #829 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 8:10pm

Tricky bit of rewriting in progress. Must go into "Winnie the Pooh mode" and Think. Think. Think! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #830 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 10:09pm

Tricky bit of writing resolved! "Pooh Mode" was successful! Now I've got to write a "bridge" part to get the Lord Marshall cleaned up -- he's a bloody mess at the moment -- and somewhere other than his quarters... the Pub maybe. Yeah, the Pub sounds good. It developed into one of his favorite places...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #831 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 11:03pm

Smiley Things are a bit "out of sequence" in this section of Castle posts. I'm either going to have to move them, rewrite them, or leave them "as is" here and fix it in the book. I guess the parts that "have" to be rewritten should be done first. I think I'll put a few stitches in my crochet project while I read over this group of posts and decide what to do....

Oh poop! I just remembered something that I HAVE to import from another thread. A VITAL, ABSOLUTELY 'CAN'T LEAVE IT OUT' plot point..... SO....
WHERE THE BLOODY HELL DO I PUT IT???? Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2008 at 11:07pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #832 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 11:17pm

I just found something and remembered. A year ago, yesterday... Cry

ETA: The rest of this post has meaning only to me so I've put it somewhere else...

« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2008 at 12:03am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #833 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 11:34pm

I found and copied the posts I need and I'm going to take a little break now. I'll be back later...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #834 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 2:53am

Penthesilea wrote on Feb 19th, 2008 at 11:03pm:
Smiley Things are a bit "out of sequence" in this section of Castle posts. I'm either going to have to move them, rewrite them, or leave them "as is" here and fix it in the book. I guess the parts that "have" to be rewritten should be done first. I think I'll put a few stitches in my crochet project while I read over this group of posts and decide what to do....

Oh poop! I just remembered something that I HAVE to import from another thread. A VITAL, ABSOLUTELY 'CAN'T LEAVE IT OUT' plot point..... SO....
WHERE THE BLOODY HELL DO I PUT IT???? Smiley

*Pushes back hard hat* Hoooo-kay. The problem is that the Lord Marshall was carrying on two different conversations in two different places with three different people at the same time on the original thread. [It is a wonder the poor man didn't develop a split personality!] If you consider the posts I have to "import" from another thread, it becomes three conversations with four different people at three locations ALL taking place at approximately the same time!

Methinks I'm gonna have to set up a "working" word doc to straighten this mess out. At least one conversation is likely to get chopped as it didn't serve much purpose and I'd have to rewrite 2/3rds of it anyway. I'll see how it develops. Any way ya look at it, I have -- as my old neighbor would say -- "a job of work" to do.

Safety googles? Check!
Hearing protection? Check!
Work gloves? Check!
Ultimate chainsaw of Cut and Paste? DOUBLE CHECK!!  Smiley
Time to rock and roll!

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #835 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 4:56am

Hmm, I looked, and I still need someplace to mail little goth booties!
LOL

Ok, the itty bitty ink blot (Lexie) is all healed up and bouncing around the house like a maniac!

The roomie's cat isn't doing well at all. His cataracts are getting milky very fast now, probably because of the diabetes being out of control. He still seems happy, and he's not hurting, but he is failing faster now. He's losing weight at a rapid pace, and even the kitten food isn't putting much in the way of slowing it down. He is spending most of his time between the various water bowls in the house and the litter box. And he is getting lost more often. I have been making sure he gets extra proteins and fats, mostly by giving him the bowl I mix tuna in after I have made the sandwiches. But his coat is getting rough, and I don't think he will be long this side of the bridge. The roomie has been in a profound depression, and I'm concerned that his decline is what brought it on. He isn't going to get better from this, it will kill him. I want to get a new kitty before he passes to help give the roomie a focus---someone who HAS to be taken care of, regardless of the depression. This idea hasn't gone over too badly, but there is an understandable reluctance, as if a new kitty is a rejection of the old one.

So now you see why I have been scarce. There have been other things, the car is sick, issues with the kiddo, etc. But I think I have a grip on most of it now.

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #836 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 5:14am

I know. Need addy! Baby goodies are piling up! This second afghan is gonna be pretty if I can get it to come out like I envision. Might have to make more than one.....

Smiley To the roomie. It is hard watching a beloved cat die. We lost one that we'd had for 17 years a few years back. We still miss her.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2008 at 5:17am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #837 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 7:18am

Heading out, guys. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #838 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 5:14pm

Smiley Greetings! It's gonna be another day of wrestling with the Castle posts. The Ultimate Chainsaw of Cut and Paste Smiley looks to be getting a workout today. I want to salvage as much as I can so it's gonna be a job. First thing though, methinks I'd better eat something before I get involved in writing and forget about it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #839 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 8:10pm

Making progress, I think. It is a very good thing that a lot of this stuff is being rewritten. It makes the moving around easier. The original post numbers will make NO sense however, I'm having to rearrange them so much. The first obvious thing was to get the Lord Marshall in the shower and cleaned up -- he was a bloody mess -- and proceed from there. Right now it looks like the inserts will go in first, followed by the fittings and interview and wind up with a philosophical discussion in the Castle pub.  Smiley It will still be a bit "choppy" but it should make sense and I'll "make it pretty" in the book!  Right now, I need to make some tea and figure out who surprises the Lord Marshall in his birthday suit....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #840 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 8:25pm

Well! I went upstairs to make tea and found out that Spirit had already made it! She expressed an interest in learning how a few weeks ago and I showed her. Since then, she's been helping me make it and has made it a few times herself. Yay, Spirit!

I can now turn my mind to which very lucky lady gets to catch the Lord Marshall in the all together... FYI: I'm writing that scene to make one of his posts make sense. NOT because I have a dirty mind..... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #841 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 9:07pm

*giggle* And the lucky lady is..... Miranda, the seamstress!

Bet you thought is was going to be the Keyholder, didn't you? No such luck, I'm afraid. The Lady was kept way out on the perimeter of the Lord Marshall's covey of conquests, elbowed aside by lesser women, until he swept her off to bed -- literally -- after proposing marriage and revealing his suddenly acquired immortality. And since that part is already written and posted, I can't/won't fool with it.
Now I have to get her to stop stammering and staring and get her out of his apartment so we can get on with the next phase!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #842 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 11:11pm

Ahhhh... good progress has been made. I'm about half way through this mess and it is actually making sense! Smiley So, I'm going to knock off for a while and do some necessary but boring "not writing" stuff. I'll be back later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #843 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 2:17am

I'm back, for a bit anyways. In about forty minutes I'm gonna bundle up and so see if it is clear enough to see the eclipse. It has been snowing off and on all day with periods of cloud cover so I don't know if it will be clear enough to see it when it hits totality or not. Plus, it is colder than a polar bear's toenails out there -- 14 degrees.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #844 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 3:36am

I love the night.

Moonie and I just came back inside. It is as clear as a bell out there. The stars are shining like diamonds on black velvet. The moon was gorgeous and everything was quiet and still and peaceful. We could hear the dogs down the road barking a bit -- they heard us talking -- but other than that, it was silent.

I'm so glad I live where the night is alive...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #845 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 5:43am

I'm heading out. Skywise is home and I still have a thing or two to do before bed. I got a lot done on the Castle today so I'm a happy little writer person. The Ultimate Chainsaw of Cut and Paste Smiley will likely be replaced tomorrow by The Ultimate Chainsaw of Delete Smiley since the last batch of posts in this mess now make little to no sense "in context" so it is Delete/Rewrite time! Smiley
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

ETA: Some of our smileys seem to be MIA. I'll leave a note for D and BR....
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2008 at 5:49am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #846 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 4:30pm

Penthesilea wrote on Feb 21st, 2008 at 5:43am:
I'm heading out. Skywise is home and I still have a thing or two to do before bed. I got a lot done on the Castle today so I'm a happy little writer person. The Ultimate Chainsaw of Cut and Paste Smiley will likely be replaced tomorrow by The Ultimate Chainsaw of Delete Smiley since the last batch of posts in this mess now make little to no sense "in context" so it is Delete/Rewrite time! Smiley
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

ETA: Some of our smileys seem to be MIA. I'll leave a note for D and BR....

And this morning, they are back! They must have snuck out to watch the eclipse. Weather is supposed to get dicey later this afternoon/evening. Snow, then freezing rain/sleet and then more snow. Lovely! At least that is what they were saying last night. We'll see how things develop.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #847 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 7:01pm

Skywise is on his way to work. We've been watching the weather reports. He won't have a problem getting to work, getting home tonight might be challenging, depending on which weather forecast you listen to. It's already started to snow. I can tell that a good storm is coming -- my sinuses (left side) hurt. I don't know how much work I will get done today. I've taken some aspirin and my ever present tea. Maybe that will be enough to take the edge off. At least last night I was able to figure out how to save a post in the Castle that I didn't want to cut. All I have to do is change who the Lord Marshall is talking to...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #848 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 7:56pm

The headache is better. Let's hear it for Extra Strength Bayer Aspirin!
There is French Vanilla ice cream in the freezer and it is calling my name..... evil ice cream.... the butterscotch sundae syrup is chiming in too....
I'm probably going to answer if only to shut them up! Smiley

Omm: November 21, 2005. I'm editing posts from that day.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #849 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 9:38pm

My eyes are complaining so hard that my brain -- at least the creative writing part of it! -- has shut down so I'll stop staring at word docs and take a break. I'll be back later when maybe I've found the question to go with the answer I already have.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41
Send TopicPrint