Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic September 1, 2007 (Read 963 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

September 1, 2007
Sep 1st, 2007 at 4:37am
Print Post  
     Today is a special day. Twenty eight years ago on September 1, 1979, Skywise and I were married. I don’t normally talk about my marriage but today is our 28th wedding anniversary. Nowadays, most couples don’t make it to 28 years. Some are lucky to make it to 28 months and some don’t even make it to 28 hours. [My mother in law gave us 6 weeks, tops.] So yeah, I’m gonna gush a little.
     It hasn’t been easy getting to this point as I’m sure he would agree but we have prevailed. We aren’t soul mates. We agreed on that a long time ago and the majority of couples could not or would not live as we do but it works for us. We are both strong willed, independent people and that results in loud, frequent “vigorous exchanges of opinion.” Sometimes on an hourly basis but we have learned from it as the Gods no doubt intended. He has said that if he can live with me, he can live with anyone. I feel the same way....  Smiley
     No one can know you completely but he knows me better than anyone living. He knows my secrets.  He knows my dreams and the deepest wishes of my heart. He knows everything and he accepts it all and because it is what I want, he wants it too. I know how lucky I am to have found him. He holds me when I need it and scolds me when I need that. There is nothing that the Universe or anyone in it can throw at me that I can’t face and overcome if he has my back and he does, every hour of every day. What he is to me is friend to my body and my spirit, my heart’s brother and my best friend.  We were born to be together and Gods willing this will not be the last lifetime we share. Our journey isn’t over and there are likely more surprises in store -- happy ones I hope -- but whatever comes, whatever curves Life may throw at us, we will face it together.  "Together against Adversity."
     Happy Anniversary, Beloved. I love you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint