Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Do you have this problem? (Read 1502 times)
SamIam

Serenity Newbie

Do you have this problem?
Sep 6th, 2007 at 6:06am
Print Post  
I am curious if anyone here has problems developing personal romantic relationships because of the gift or because it refuses to work for you in a way that would benefit your own life?  

I connect with almost everyone around me on a regular basis, sometimes the hum is so loud and confusing that it drives me crazy, but once I start to develop an interest in someone I become completely def to them.  

When I first started to realize that the emotional roller coaster I was experiencing was not my own, but rather that I was picking up on everything around me, I isolated myself. I began to work from home and I never left the house unless I had to and I cut off almost all contact with old friends. While I believe this was good for the first year or two because it allowed me to finally feel for myself, and made me realize what it was I wanted, I started becoming very lonely.

I have rejoined the real world (after 4 years) and have started socializing a bit I have been trying to consciously turn off and on the gift so that I can block negativity at will and for the most part I have been successful. There is always a background humming, but I don’t have to internalize it anymore.  All that said, when I am around someone I am interested in It shuts off, it is a bit like being blinded in an instant, sometimes I get a loud ringing in my ears; which, I normally equate with something I need to pay attention to, but I cant make sense of it.

I don’t know if this has always been a problem for me. I have had this “gift” my whole life and I know that now, but there was a long time where it was not as overwhelming and I didn’t think there was anything to it other than just being insightful and aware of others needs.

Anyway, I am very curious to hear if this is a common problem and if anyone has figured out how to deal with it.  I do realize that the issue itself could have something more to do with something from my natural life experiences, rather than the gift, But regardless this is a big issue for me. It really is as if I were becoming disabled every time I was in direct communication with someone I am romantically interested in.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint