Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Ah, Hello... (Read 1260 times)
Salanthos

May Random Joy be Unto
You

Ah, Hello...
Oct 31st, 2007 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Hi Smiley

Just joining up...

SmileyBetrayal is Forever Smiley&& Smileyinverse retrograde karma by proxy! but... but... what does it mean?Smiley&&&&Smiley"It's entirely possible that, in the great play we call life, you aren't the main character." -Little Billy&&SmileyYou shall know the truth, and it shall make you odd.Smiley&&&&Smiley "We are not pacifists. Allowing harm to continue is not harming none; it is harmi

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Ah, Hello...
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 1:23am
Print Post  
Smiley Glad you found us! I hope you like the Castle's new home.

IP Logged

Salanthos

May Random Joy be Unto
You

Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 2:01am
Print Post  
I like very much Smiley

between the original comp. probs and then being swallowed by RL, it has taken more than a year.  Smiley

But I am here now!!! and very glad.

Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2007 at 3:55am by Salanthos »  

SmileyBetrayal is Forever Smiley&& Smileyinverse retrograde karma by proxy! but... but... what does it mean?Smiley&&&&Smiley"It's entirely possible that, in the great play we call life, you aren't the main character." -Little Billy&&SmileyYou shall know the truth, and it shall make you odd.Smiley&&&&Smiley "We are not pacifists. Allowing harm to continue is not harming none; it is harmi

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 2:17am
Print Post  
Me too! And Real  Life seems to have a voracious appetite for swallowing people for long periods. Smiley 

IP Logged

Salanthos

May Random Joy be Unto
You

Reply #4 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 4:04am
Print Post  
yeah. Tongue to Real Life.

It looks like you've got a lot done here in the meantime.Smiley

I spent the last couple days re-reading the Castle thread on MW, before coming here.  I noticed the version here has been revised - must have taken forever, given the original sprawling, non-continuous nature of large chunks of the original.  (Now I'll have to re-read here as well.Smiley)

And aside from that you've managed what looks like an extremely well-crafted full forum. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #5 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 4:20am
Print Post  
Yeah. A lot of people have dropped out and requested that their contributions be removed so I've been rewriting like a fiend. (I'm currently working on a scheduled "monster hunt" loose end that was left flapping in the wind..) I still intend to write a novel based on the Castle and once all the rewritten posts are done and up, I should have a fairly detailed outline/first draft for two novels.  Smiley I still have about 2000 original posts to go through in the Castle with a bit of "spillover" into other threads. If the Gods like me, I should have it all up by the end of the year. Sooner if my creative juices start flowing properly!

And as for the forum itself, I've had a lot of wonderful help. Smiley to my Admin Team who handle the hard stuff while I hunt monsters....

IP Logged

Salanthos

May Random Joy be Unto
You

Reply #6 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 4:42am
Print Post  
Must be hard, to have to re-write so much.  I remember pages of other stuff mixed in with story.  Are you really going to make a novel (or three)?  I mean, publish and everything, not just end up with a novel-sized story?  That's really, really neat - I'd buy it, I know it's as good as most of the books I've read.  (plus my char is in it Grin  Bragging rights to the family!)

I'd offer to do some of the posts, but I wouldn't know which ones to keep or toss from nearer the beginning - and I'd have no clue about rewrites.  But if there's anything I can give a hand with, let me know.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #7 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 4:46am
Print Post  
I will. I'm doing all the rewriting mainly because I'm the only one who has the whole story -- more or less -- in my head. When I get to work on the first novel I may find a spot to introduce your character before she actually shows up at the Castle -- foreshadowing and all that! -- and I will need to pick your brain about the particulars!  Grin

IP Logged

Salanthos

May Random Joy be Unto
You

Reply #8 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 5:59am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Oct 31st, 2007 at 4:46am:
When I get to work on the first novel I may find a spot to introduce your character before she actually shows up at the Castle -- foreshadowing and all that! -- and I will need to pick your brain about the particulars!  Grin

Smiley
(is decidedly pleased!)
Any brain-picking you want, you got!
Smiley
I wonder if I can get extra credit in my writing class if I happen to mention it's a possibility I've contributed a bit for a novel...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #9 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
LOL I'm glad you're pleased! And I have no idea about the extra credit thing. It will probably carry more weight when you can show your professor the published work with your name in it as a contributor to the project!
And I'm hoping to have something ready for a "first edit" by May at the latest.

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #10 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Jumping in here way late!

Welcome to our home on the web! Get comfy, and jump right in!

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Salanthos

May Random Joy be Unto
You

Reply #11 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Oct 31st, 2007 at 6:09pm:
LOL I'm glad you're pleased! And I have no idea about the extra credit thing. It will probably carry more weight when you can show your professor the published work with your name in it as a contributor to the project!
And I'm hoping to have something ready for a "first edit" by May at the latest.

Probably.  And very cool. Smiley

And thanks, Black Rose! Cool

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #12 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 2:29am
Print Post  
Yeah, and if I'm going to meet that deadline, I'm gonna have to get my head out of real life and back underground where the monsters are....

IP Logged

PD
God Member

aka ~ Brat

Reply #13 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Welcome to the mad-house Salanthos!!!

And Penth, you know you have my help if you need it!

~ BRAT ~
IP Logged

Salanthos

May Random Joy be Unto
You

Reply #14 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Thanks, PD  Smiley

IP Logged

PD
God Member

aka ~ Brat

Reply #15 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
you're welcome Grin

~ BRAT ~
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint