Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Rungoli Competition (Read 1987 times)
Salanthos

May Random Joy be Unto
You

Rungoli Competition
Dec 9th, 2007 at 7:14am
Print Post  
I was in a competiton a while ago.  It was a Rungoli competition, pictures of sand or powder.  Such things are by nature very transitory, but I took a couple pictures since I was very proud of how it turned out.  

The whole thing is layers on layers of just colered sand, a quarter-inch thick in places.  It took me hours, but if I hadn't been out of the running (because mom was one of the judges), she said she'd have placed me second place!
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2007 at 7:25am by Salanthos »  

Rungolismall_version.jpg ( 49 KB | Downloads )
Rungolismall_version.jpg

SmileyBetrayal is Forever Smiley&& Smileyinverse retrograde karma by proxy! but... but... what does it mean?Smiley&&&&Smiley"It's entirely possible that, in the great play we call life, you aren't the main character." -Little Billy&&SmileyYou shall know the truth, and it shall make you odd.Smiley&&&&Smiley "We are not pacifists. Allowing harm to continue is not harming none; it is harmi

IP Logged

Salanthos

May Random Joy be Unto
You

Re: Rungoli Competition
Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2007 at 7:22am
Print Post  
Here's a close-up
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2007 at 7:25am by Salanthos »  

small_version.jpg ( 50 KB | Downloads )
small_version.jpg

SmileyBetrayal is Forever Smiley&& Smileyinverse retrograde karma by proxy! but... but... what does it mean?Smiley&&&&Smiley"It's entirely possible that, in the great play we call life, you aren't the main character." -Little Billy&&SmileyYou shall know the truth, and it shall make you odd.Smiley&&&&Smiley "We are not pacifists. Allowing harm to continue is not harming none; it is harmi

IP Logged

Salanthos

May Random Joy be Unto
You

Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2007 at 7:31am
Print Post  
Just for comparison, here's mom's (the sample one for the contest)
Obvously miles above mine

Mom-small.jpg ( 48 KB | Downloads )
Mom-small.jpg

IP Logged

Deirachel
Forum Administrator

Ego eo

Reply #3 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
That sort of thing is really very cool!

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Salanthos

May Random Joy be Unto
You

Reply #4 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
I'm always impressed by what some people can do with sand and powder.  I should've grabbed a picture of the one that got first place.

the best I can do is "surprisingly reasonable quality"

IP Logged

SooleawaSoyala

Reply #5 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 3:43am
Print Post  
ooh i love these, i drew one for Diwali, i didnt have sand or powder and it was for my dorm room so its not like i could put anything on carpet anyway XD but they are very beautiful, and totally amazing when down with powders and sands

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #6 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 3:53am
Print Post  
bump

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint