Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Probably getting a kitten (Read 1155 times)
Salanthos

May Random Joy be Unto
You

Probably getting a kitten
Dec 19th, 2007 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Or even possibly a new cat.

We have our lovely shadow, but she's very social for a cat.  when I went off to college, she started hanging close to mom all day (because my younger brother's in school all day long).  I mean, she'd dog mom's heels, she didin't want to be left alone.  And if we all go somewhere, we always have someone come feed her, but she sticks like glue until she's convinced we're not going off again, then she sulks and ignores us to let us know how unhappy she is.

The thing is, next year my younger brother's off to college.  then he won't even be home afterschool and weekends.  And if she's already getting lonely, it'll be worse then. 

So, we're probably going to get her a companion.  we'll bring her along to the humane society, so we won't get one she completely can't stand, and we're doing it now so we'll have at least a couple weeks with everyone home, to accustom everyone, then mom and dad and my brother to make sure they all stay friendly, and when all three of us kids are gone (after the summer home, no less), she will have had plenty of time to get used to the new cat.

And yay! new cat!  as much as we all love Shadow, we like furry critters, and we'll love whoever we bring home, too.

Cats are lovely.

SmileyBetrayal is Forever Smiley&& Smileyinverse retrograde karma by proxy! but... but... what does it mean?Smiley&&&&Smiley"It's entirely possible that, in the great play we call life, you aren't the main character." -Little Billy&&SmileyYou shall know the truth, and it shall make you odd.Smiley&&&&Smiley "We are not pacifists. Allowing harm to continue is not harming none; it is harmi

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Probably getting a kitten
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2007 at 12:22am
Print Post  
Sounds lovely. I'd recommend a kitten since they seem in integrate into an established feline household easier. At least that has been our experience. We are on the lookout for our next kitten. The Lord of Samhain needs a playmate! He would have so loved Sassy and Sebastian.  Cry But, Bast will send us a new one when She and we are ready.

IP Logged

Salanthos

May Random Joy be Unto
You

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2007 at 1:29am
Print Post  
A kitten probably would integrate easier, true. 

The only reason there's doubt is we don't know who's up at the humane society waiting to be adopted, so we don't know who we'll walk away with.  plus kittens are more likely to adopt, so if we find someone a bit older who can get along alright, we may end up adopting.

So we're going as soon as we come back from visiting family, around jan 1st, so if there's problems it won't be while we're gone.

Good luck with your own lookout.  I hope Lord of Samhain gets along well with whoever finds you.

SmileyBetrayal is Forever Smiley&& Smileyinverse retrograde karma by proxy! but... but... what does it mean?Smiley&&&&Smiley"It's entirely possible that, in the great play we call life, you aren't the main character." -Little Billy&&SmileyYou shall know the truth, and it shall make you odd.Smiley&&&&Smiley "We are not pacifists. Allowing harm to continue is not harming none; it is harmi

IP Logged

Salanthos

May Random Joy be Unto
You

Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2008 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Update!!
We went, and looked, and chose a while ago (one week to finalize the adoption, and she has an appointment for spaying this week)  So, she didn't come when we were all home, she'll probably be there tomorrow, and I'll miss it! (school has begun Tongue)  at least I'm going home for the weekend. . .

Anyway, she's a young adult, maybe three or so, very marbled in color(calico).  She's also pretty energetic.  Her name is "Babes", which we're not too sure of - if she doesn't mind, we might see if she'll answer to something else (like Bella).  Can't wait to see how everyone'll get along.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint