Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What an interesting idea.... (Read 2089 times)
Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

What an interesting idea....
Feb 22nd, 2008 at 4:19am
Print Post  
I was reading a thread on another forum group I am a member of, and ran across this post:

(begin quote)
[view kyrana's profile]
kyrana
86 posts

posted about 10 hours ago
reply to kaygee's post #134
[Favorite this post]

That was an awesome article. Ms. Ehrenreich perfectly verbalized every single issue I have with the Pink Ribbon movement. If you read fantasy novels, Terry Prachett’s Discworld has a group for reformed vampires called the “Black Ribboners”. This organization is of course a farce - and it evokes many of the same feelings that any bandwagon cause does in me. I’m aware of breast cancer already - yeesh. How about instead of focusing on the what, they change the focus to how and why?
(end quote)

It got me wondering about a few things. First, I wonder if some right-wing organized Christian (or other faith organization) group does any sort of deprogramming thing for self-avowed vampires. I can see that happening in the same sort of context as cult deprogramming groups.
Second, I got to wondering about those folks who used to abuse unknowing donors to sustain their needs, and if there might be a group somewhere that promotes "ethical vampirism", and what they might call themselves.

No, I did no research, and really hadn't planned on it....I was just noodling around and decided to poke the thread.

Still, the name is such a good one that it ought to be used for something.

Black Rose
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2008 at 4:20am by Black_Rose »  

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint