Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 38874 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #400 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 5:03am

*Yawn* I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #401 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 3:00pm

Morning! It's clear, sunny and DRY this morning for which everyone is grateful. The internet connection is still wonky -- understandable under the circumstances -- so I'm not likely to be posting a lot until it clears up. I'll be in and out at the connection permits. Everyone take care.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #402 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 3:50am

I managed to get some Castle work done today. On My Mind now: how big is a Kodiak bear -- exactly -- 'cause it should be big enough for what I have in mind. And, a Green Orion Slave Woman would neatly solve a problem I'm eventually going to have to deal with. Creative use of genetics and outbreeding should get rid of that telltale green skin -- can't have Star Trek savvy readers recognizing her for what she is! -- and put the necessary limits on her abilities. Smiley A purebred Orion woman would definitely upset the story balance, especially since the Keyholder won't put a sword through her at the first opportunity. Later, however.... all bets are off! hehehehehe
Don't mind the crazy writer person, just doing a little long range planning here....

I'm headed out for the night. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

Post # 10,800

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #403 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 7:33pm

Greetings! Yeah, I know. I'm late. I can explain though. The Post Office changed Skywise's schedule for today from late shift to early shift which meant that everything we had planned to do today before he left for work had to be done in half the time. Smiley We got MOST of it done. Then after he left, I had some "gotta get done" stuff to do which I did while the girls were slowing the internet connection down to a crawl with YouTube downloads. The YouTube festival seems to be over with so NOW I'm here and will attempt to get some work -- not to mention some web-surfing! -- done while I multi-task a few other things. Smiley Like finding out the vital statistics of the previously mentioned Kodiak bear...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #404 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 9:18pm

Kodiak bear: 10 feet tall, 1,500 pounds, eats (almost) anything in sight. Yep! That'll work!
Now to make it scary....

On another note: It is official. I'm living in a disaster area. The declaration came down today. Of course, since we didn't suffer any tornado or flood damage there will be no disaster assistance for us! On the whole, I can live with that!
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2008 at 6:22pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #405 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 12:01am

I'm making headway. It is actually harder to write an abbreviated version of a battle scene than it is to write the whole thing. I don't want to do that at this point because I've had to take enough time off due to the weather as it is.
I WANNA GET THIS DONE, DAMNIT!!

As I said, I'm making progress.....
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2008 at 12:04am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #406 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 12:30am

Oookaaayyy.... the name "DarkBunny" just ran unbidden through my head along with a distinctly "DarkWing Duck" type image...
Methinks I should lay off the battle to the death writing for a bit and switch to something else. The brain is obviously getting goofy.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #407 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 5:03am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. Busy day tomorrow. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #408 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 6:01pm

Smiley I'm here. We took off early, found out that the bank branch we use is still being repaired -- should be ready in about 10 days -- so we went downtown and cashed Skywise's paycheck. Then we discovered that a school on our regular "route" was where the American Red Cross has set up shop -- made note to take a detour when we came back that way. Went to Wal-Mart, bought stuff -- lots of stuff, including umbrellas 'cause it started to pour while we were there and there were no umbrellas in the van -- had lunch at Wendy's again, headed for the grocery store, detouring around the American Red Cross site, got groceries (it was pouring again, *sigh*), loaded the van, passed the gas station with $4.09 a gallon regular and thanked the Gods that we filled the van yesterday before the price went up, got home and managed to get everything unloaded and in the house before the sky opened up again. AGAIN with the ----> Smiley Skywise is on his way to work and I'm sitting here "gathering"myself for the rest of the day. I think that I will make some tea, eat a few Oreos and dry my brain out before I start anything requiring serious cognitive function.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #409 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 8:15pm

MoonCat just delivered her sketch of the monster that I'm currently writing about.  Color has yet to be added, I'm thinking that it might have some chameleon-like abilities, so I'm going to make a few copies of the black and white sketch before we start fooling with color. I'll need to add notations for the height and length, probably weight too. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #410 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 9:18pm

Have I mentioned?

I AM FED UP TO MY EYEBROWS WITH THUNDERSTORMS!!!!!!!

Another squall line has moved through. The nearest reporting station has recorded 2.30 inches of rain from this morning and before this latest storm went through. The Hearth Queen and the Lord of Samhain are NOT happy. After a spectacularly loud clap of thunder, the Queen launched herself off of the back of the rocking chair -- where she was sleeping -- and dove under the sofa. She was followed closely by His Lordship who is currently under the dining room floor. The unflappable War Queen ignored it.....

And again it is thundering but the radar SAYS that the bad storms are past us.......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #411 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 3:09am

Skywise should be on his way home by now. He's taking the long way home tonight 'cause the water was pretty high along his usual route but not flooding. Since the White River isn't at "super flood" stage, he should not have a problem.

Martinsville, mentioned frequently in the past week's flood coverage, got another 3.60 inches today. Just what they needed!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #412 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 4:27am

Skywise is home.
He's finished eating and is unwinding.
Ravishing him to within an inch of his life seems like a capital idea! Smiley
That sounds like a plan! Smiley *starts unbuttoning shirt....*

Everyone sleep well, be safe and stay as dry as you can! Yeah. It's raining here again.. *sigh* Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #413 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 6:20pm

Greetings! Things went a lot better this morning that they did last Saturday. We did our usual thing, much to Spirit's relief, and dropped off the ton of recyclables that had been piling up since they closed the drop off we were using. There is still more to haul out of here but the load we took today was all that would fit in the van! Smiley We'll make another run soon and get all caught up.

I'm going to be working on the Castle today while catching up on laundry and other little chores.

And the ravishment was a stunning success, Smiley if I do say so myself! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #414 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 10:01pm

One monster is dead and the other is waiting, rather impatiently, to be finished off.
I'd be farther along with this but Skywise came in from his walk a while ago and....

"Ravishment II: The Next Day...." Smiley

I am now trying to get my train of thought back on track....

And I still have to figure out what to fix for dinner.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #415 - Jun 15th, 2008 at 3:59am

My "train of thought" has flatly refused to get back on track so I'm giving up  on writing for the evening. A small dish of ice cream and a good book on polyamory sound very attractive right now. And later... who knows! Smiley Although, truth to tell, between last night and this afternoon, I can't complain! Smiley With luck, I shall dream of MFM triads...

Everyone sleep well, stay as dry as possible and be safe! That's an order from the Site Goddess! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #416 - Jun 15th, 2008 at 3:49pm

Before anything else happens today...

Happy Father's Day!!

To all of Serenity Sanctuary's Fathers! Maximum Smiley to you all!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #417 - Jun 15th, 2008 at 5:46pm

Omm: There is cake in the kitchen. Spirit got one for Skywise for Father's Day. Methinks I need to sample it....

Also omm: I am unusually "hot" today. And not the kind of 'hot' that is relieved by air conditioning. Smiley It will likely only be a question of which of us 'ambushes' the other first! Smiley
Yes, I know. I'm completely and utterly shameless and should be ashamed of my disgraceful behavior.
Guess what?

I'm not..... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #418 - Jun 15th, 2008 at 9:51pm

YAY!! Going out to dinner. I don't have to cook tonight!
Be back later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #419 - Jun 15th, 2008 at 11:55pm

We're back! The KFC was cleaned up and open for business so we had chicken and everyone, especially me, was happy! There is YET ANOTHER squall line coming in -- I can hear the thunder even though it is still a couple of counties away -- so I don't know how long I'll stay online.
     Oh well, I have a bookcase to finish putting together. I have made Skywise PROMISE that if I EVER think about buying this brand of "assemble it yourself" furniture again, he will SIT on me until the urge passes! It says "No tools needed." but I'm going to need a screwdriver, the drill and the corner braces and mending plates I just got at Wal-Mart to get the thing to stay together. Whoever decided that the "hardware" for this bookcase should be made of plastic should have his vital netherparts torn off and devoured by the Hounds of Hell while he still needs them!  Yeah, "Sweet Penth" isn't feeling too forgiving these days....
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2008 at 12:27am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #420 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 12:44am

The storm is pretty much past us: some rain, some wind, some quarter inch hail....
All things considered, nothing major.
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2008 at 12:47am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #421 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 4:09am

After working all evening on it, I've gotten the top half of the bookcase assembled. With the blessing of the Gods, it will hold together for a couple of years until I can get all of the solid wood bookshelves I want built. I don't know if I will be able to work on the bottom half tomorrow or not. Right now, my hands are saying "NOT!!!" so I'll have to see. As it is, I'm pooped. I'm going to eat another slice of that Father's Day cake, take 1000 mg of aspirin and call it a night. Everyone sleep well, stay dry and be safe! Smiley Smiley

P.S. I've been informed that ravishment is in my immediate future so I'd better get my little self out of here and get that aspirin taken. Nite all!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #422 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 2:45pm

Morning! My hands aren't as sore as I thought that they would be this morning. I'm thinking I'll be working on the bookcase later. Maybe I'll get that sucker assembled today! Getting it back downstairs has the potential to be interesting so putting the two sections together might have to be done in the basement. I'll have to think about that but first, I have to get the bottom half assembled.
But before any of that, tea and breakfast!
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2008 at 3:38pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #423 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 11:51pm

I have just spent over an hour and forty five minutes trying to update the Castle's Cast List. Dial up is slow under the best of circumstances but when you are living in a disaster area -- if even if you AREN'T in the disaster -- it is maddening to the point of insanity. To add insult to injury, the BPL test area IS very likely in the disaster zone....  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #424 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 12:26am

All monsters are now dead and the Keyholder's daughters are autopsying the bodies for clues as to what is keeping their mom in a coma.
The internet is finally running at something approaching an acceptable speed after keeping me on the brink of insanity all afternoon! *sigh* They've probably been working on the lines all day and getting those folks who can be reconnected hooked back up. I shouldn't complain when I still have my house....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40
Send TopicPrint