Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 38845 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #425 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 5:35am

This sleepy little writer person managed to get some work done on the Castle today so I'm not TOO crazed. I finally DID get all the updates done on the Castle Cast List so that isn't bugging me! Skywise is home and I'm going to head out. He has the late shift for the rest of the week, barring sudden changes with little notice, so I'll be here late the rest of the week. Anyway, everyone sleep well and be safe. The rain has finally stopped. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #426 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 3:58pm

Morning! I've been up for a couple of hours now. Skywise is cutting the grass and I went out and got some stuff out of his way -- like the garden hose and the Dream House stakes. Made tea (for me) and Gatorade (for him) had a bite of breakfast and settled down to work on my incredibly naughty, shameless, disgraceful, "calculated to send the prudish into dithers" affirmations! That work is going well.  hehehehehe  I need to get my box of "spare" affirmations to get some reinforcing ones to go with the new ones. Then I'll get them pasted into the book for quick and easy reference! It's kinda like scrapbooking except you're working on yourself as much as you are on the book! And am I working on myself with these! Smiley

The modem keeps wanting to hang up without warning -- they must still be working on the lines -- but other than that, everything is peaceful and DRY! Thank the Gods! Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2008 at 9:27pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #427 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 5:54pm

I'm hard boiling some eggs. I'm going to make a BIG bowl of tuna salad and an equally big bowl of red bean and egg salad (LOVE that stuff!) for quick mini meals. It is cool and dry enough to have the a/c off so I don't want to cook anything that will heat the place up until after sundown which -- thanks to our DST-crazed governor -- will be at 9:15 p.m. tonight with full dark sometime after 9:47 p.m. Needless to say, my 'body clock" is completely thrown for a loop. Yeah, another 7 hours of sunlight......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #428 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 7:06pm

Salads are all made and chillin' in the refrigerator.  Smiley I think Skywise will find them a nice surprise too. Back to the affirmations!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #429 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 9:03pm

Skywise is on his way to work -- late shift tonight -- and I'm settling down to get some work done on the Castle. I'm feeling creative tonight so since I won't have to start dinner for another 4 or 5 hours, I should make some good headway. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #430 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 11:33pm

Somehow, the Keyholder and her daughters have wandered into a conversation about studly males. Smiley Smiley Methinks I'd better save this for the book!
Just my damned luck that Skywise won't be home until about 3 a.m.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #431 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 2:04am

Okay. The spirit is willing but the eyeballs are shot. Time to take a break and do something else while the eyes rest. Yeah. My eyes are watering so hard I can't see. Did I ever mention that I have lousy eyesight?

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #432 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 3:51am

The eyes are better and dinner is cooking. I might write a little more after dinner or not, I haven't decided. I might just sit here and mind the internet connection for MoonCat while I work on my affirmations book. Maybe I'll do a bit of both if I get an idea for a Castle post.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #433 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 3:55am

Good!  I wanted the Celtics to win!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #434 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 6:31am

Skywise will be home soon so I'm going to head out. I'm a tired little writer person -- happy with what I got done today but tired!
The new affirmations book is shaping up nicely, by the way. I'll likely start using it tomorrow sometime. Smiley Gotta get my sub-conscious whipped into shape and the Universe with the program! Smiley Tired but giggly, that's me!
Anyway, everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #435 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 7:00am

Skywise has just come home. I heard him on the front walk calling me. I ran to the door. He had a little kitten, orange tabby, in his arms. The little one is full of burrs and one of us will post the whole story in the morning. As it is, the little one is running all over the house checking things out. It (haven't determined the sex yet) is totally unafraid. More later...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #436 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 3:34pm

Morning! Smiley First up, it looks like the kitten is a little boy. He and Moonie spent the night at the Guest House since the Lord of Samhain and the Hearth Queen were more than a little alarmed by this little interloper in their house! I don't think that the War Queen is fully aware of him yet as she slept through his arrival. I would guess his age at about 12 weeks but not much more than that. He's weaned and well acquainted with solid food. He's a friendly little thing and totally unafraid. Even of cars which we will have to do something about. Moonie and I took him up to the Guest House and I stayed with him while she came back here to get some stuff. I stretched out on the bed so I could watch his explorations. He looked up and meowed. He obviously wanted up so I gave him a lift. He did a quick look around and settled himself on my left shoulder for the night! When Moonie got back and was ready to get into bed, I eased out from under him and she took my place. He was a little unhappy about that but he settled back down to sleep. He knows to use a litter box and seems quite used to human company.
All we know for absolute certain is that Skywise was driving home and saw him sitting in the middle of a crossroads [ a 'T' intersection] and when Skywise stopped the car, the little hairball ran under it! Skywise got out and the little one came out from under the car purring....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #437 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 5:45pm

We're back. We went into town for a few odds and ends. Ice cream, Eggo Pancakes.... more catfood, a new kitty carrier.... a flea collar.... Smiley Skywise wants to check with the houses near that intersection to see if anyone is missing a kitten. The little guy was hungry when Skywise found him but kittens always ARE hungry and he had some burrs in his fur but his coat is in good condition and he is still at a good weight so he hadn't been lost for very long. We're operating under the assumption that unless we find his owner real quick, we've got ourselves another cat. [Already making a list of appropriate names that begin with 'M'.]  The Lord of Samhain seems the most distressed at the moment.  This will be the first kitten that he's encountered since he left his littermates. He isn't sure what to think yet. The Hearth Queen snuck up on the baby while he was eating and took a quick sniff of him. Since he'd just spent the night sleeping with Moonie, he probably still had a bit of her scent on him. At least, the Hearth Queen didn't growl at him. Right now, the baby is spending most of his time at the Guest House. That way, we can ease him into the family slowly.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2008 at 6:29pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #438 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 9:30pm

Moonie took these pics at the Children's Museum of Indianapolis. This 'statue' was originally a lobby display at a theater for the opening of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. And yeah, it is even MORE impressive in person!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #439 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 4:05am

I've managed to move the story along despite being distracted by a cute little boycatperson! At least NOW I know why Bast turned up in my card draw a couple of days ago! He seems to like catnapping in Spirit's closet and I work while he naps. hehehe The War Queen has come in, the Lord of Samhain is still reluctant. Spirit may have to go out and stuff his little furry posterior into the house. We'll take the babyboy up to the Guest House when Moonie is ready to go to bed. Maybe a little before if it seems like a good idea.
Ahh, the Hearth Queen is in. She was testing the babycat's nerve earlier and I think he passed. He gave her the respect due someone about 4 times your size but he fluffed up his little self at her and I may have heard a tiny hiss! Smiley He didn't run and hide either and when she backed off to watch him, he went back to playing like nothing was going on.
Spirit is out rounding up the Lord of Samhain. I hope he doesn't give her too much grief about coming in. He loves her to pieces so I'm hoping he'll let her bring him inside.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #440 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 4:55am

Finally! The Lord of Samhain is in the house! Moonie caught him and carried him back.  He seems to think that the babycat is going to eat him or something but for the moment, all four cats are in the Hall. His Lordship is settling down on the chair next to me.
Thank you, Bast!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #441 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 5:54am

I am a very sleepy writer person. Thanks to last night's uproar over the new arrival, I didn't fall asleep until after 5 a.m. and the phone woke me up at 10 so I'm going to head out and try to be awake when Skywise gets home. Moonie and the babycat will need to go up to the Guest House and then FINALLY, I can go to bed. I'm hoping to be awake enough for a short brisk round of bedgames once Skywise and I are behind closed doors!
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #442 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 4:07pm

Greetings! *jaw cracking yawn* I hate the late shift. It makes "private time" after Skywise gets home run WAY too late and this time of year, the sun come up too damned early. Skywise, of course, needs 2 or 3 hours less sleep than I do so it doesn't usually bother him. He's outside right now with the cats. Babyboycat is being closely watched by the Hearth Queen and the Lord of Samhain while he goes about his Babyboycat business which is basically "PLAY!!" Skywise has already had to fetch him out of a tree this morning. The little hairball has been overestimating his ability to get "down". "Up" he has down cold! LOL  *YAWN!*

I'm going to go make some tea and get some breakfast and see if I can graduate from "Zombiehood" to "Barely Human." I'll be back later.......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #443 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 5:38pm

I'm starting to feel more or less human. A bit more tea should do it, I think.

I've been prowling the web while waiting for my resuscitation to be complete and I'm finding a lot of photos of women whose stated ages are in the mid-20s to early 30s range who look older than I do! I assume that they consider the pictures they are posting flattering to them. [Why post them otherwise?] So I gotta say that there is definitely something to be said for clean living, the careful choice of ancestors and the obsessive avoidance of suntans!! Yay, me!  And Smiley to all the bratty "bitchwannabes" in high school who made fun of me because I didn't get a tan in the summer. Smiley Enjoy your skin peels, botox treatments and skin cancer checks, girls.....
Yeah... I do believe that the affirmations are taking hold......Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #444 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 3:35am

As much as I would like to keep the Ghosts & Zombies Castle Party with the Special Guest Appearance by Jim Morrison, I think it's gonna have to go. It just ain't gonna fit. Too bad though, I liked that summoning spell -- probably infringes on a copyright though....

The babycatperson is taking a rest in Sprit's closet. He's been stalking the Hearth Queen and attacking my shoelaces....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #445 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 3:59pm

The internet connection is very temperamental today -- and last night -- so I may not be around much today. The babycatperson discovered the catnip bed this morning and is a happy little boycat. He's currently sleeping it off in Spirit's closet. Smiley I'll be working on the Castle today. I'm going to try to have the last reposts ready to put up in 7 to 10 days.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #446 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 9:39pm

Smiley I have compiled the last 1,298 Castle posts into one word document. I have, with ruthless, bloodthirsty efficiency, welded the ULTIMATE CHAINSAW OF DELETE Smiley and removed everything that won't make it into the book. The next thing is to read what remains and decide what needs to be added and where. Then I'll write it.
When the whole thing is done, I'll divide it up into threads -- at least two -- and post them all at once. (More Smiley ) And I intend to have this done in 7 to 10 days barring any more damned natural disasters in the neighborhood! (Even MORE Smiley )
And THEN, I'll really get writing on the book. I want to get started on it but haven't felt that I could really give it my full attention as long as the reposts were hanging over my head.
And tomorrow will be Serenity Sanctuary's 2nd Anniversary....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #447 - Jun 21st, 2008 at 12:05am

Well, I've gone through the word doc, made a few more deletions of posts that would have required me to do a LOT of writing to make sense of and I know have an idea of how much and what I'm going to need to write. I've got a bit that I wrote back in May that I need to find a place for so I'll stick it in first and do the rest of the writing I have to do concerning that situation. I've got one complete intro to write and another one about half done. I'll also need to change a rather silly invasion into a serious one. I'm gonna be a busy little writer person this coming week....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #448 - Jun 21st, 2008 at 4:50am

Making headway. I decided to change the invasion to a natural disaster.  It works better storywise and keeps me for having to come up with an explanation for something. [That cryptic remark will be explained later.]
The Lord of Samhain is still grouchy and refuses to be comforted. The Hearth Queen is beginning to come around. She's been watching the babycatperson play and only growled at him when he pounced on her tail. Not even MOONIE can get away with messing with the Hearth Queen's tail!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #449 - Jun 21st, 2008 at 6:58am

I've gotten a bit more written, the hardest part so far has been finding the right places to put things. A couple of times I've started to put posts in one place only to discover that I needed to move them someplace else. *sigh* Thank the Gods for "Copy and Paste" followed by "Highlight and Delete!" At the moment, it looks like I'll work on the natural disaster next as that is likely to be the biggest addition.
Skywise is home and I'm going to head out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley See ya tomorrow.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40
Send TopicPrint