Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 38910 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #450 - Jun 21st, 2008 at 9:32pm

Greetings! It's been a busy day today. We did our 'Saturday thing' and when we got home, I let Skywise and the girls use the comps. I NEEDED a nap -- I NEVER get enough sleep when he works the late shift and fatigue makes me cranky as all hell. So I crashed for a couple of hours and I feel much more my sweet, sassy, sexy "do not mess with me" self! Smiley
I have started the "natural disaster" posts.  I am again having the problem of wanting to write the whole thing instead of just hitting the high points.
The babycat person is sleeping on the chair next to me. The Lord of Samhain doesn't especially like that since he considers that his spot but he's outside right now with the War Queen and Skywise so he really can't complain if the little one uses it! We thought we'd found his name but he hadn't. It was close but it just didn't 'feel' right, so it is back to the drawing board.
Skywise is back in the house. He wants to ravish me.
SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN!!!

Be back later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #451 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 12:10am

Back! No, we haven't been being naughty all this time -- although the thought DOES have merit! Smiley I've been writing rather than posting plus doing a few dishes on the side!
One good thing about being ravished out of my mind is that naughty business will not be wanting to sneak into the Castle posts! This is a temporary respite, however, and regular applications of ravishment will be required to keep the naughty under control! Gotta keep it PG-13 for the site! Smiley The book has no such restrictions but I still intend to keep the rampant naughtiness under control! Heh! Wish me luck...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #452 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 1:22am

Right now would be a good time to have a live-in cook. I could keep on writing and my family and I could have a hot home-cooked meal. Alas! The only cook around here is me, so off to the kitchen I go to make oven-fried chicken...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #453 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 2:20am

I'm back! The chicken is in the oven, the fire is under the potatoes and the corn will go in the microwave at the proper time! Dinner in half an hour! Yum!

I'll get back to really writing after I've eaten. Easier to concentrate then!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #454 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 5:12am

Dinner is all done and eaten. I'm a sleepy little writer person so I think I'm going to head out for the night. Reading a bit, doing a card draw and maybe working on my affirmations sound good before bed. Skywise got off the computer so I could work on the Castle posts so I'm gonna give him the comp now. hehe It's the least I can do for my 'ravisher!' *giggle!* Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

ETA:And for the record, this is my 3rd try in over an hour to get this posted. So much for my pre-bed reading.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2008 at 5:13am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #455 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 2:18pm

Morning! We're heading off to the Children's Museum this morning. We'll be back this afternoon. Everyone be safe! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #456 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 7:57pm

We're back. We had a great time at the museum. They have a new traveling exhibit on animation featuring cartoon from The Cartoon Network. Spirit was so enthused that she took pictures which is unheard of, she usually gets us to take the pictures but today is the first time she has REALLY used a camera. We stopped at Border's on the way home -- I got the new issue of BackYard and a dream dictionary. I've never had one, relying on my knowledge of what goes on in my head [the result of years of 'Where the hell did THAT image come from?' introspection. Smiley ] but getting this book seemed like a good idea if you know what I mean. Our last stop was an ice cream shop, they had my favorite flavor today and Skywise decided to spoil me a bit. hehehehe I love butter pecan ice cream, especially at this particular chain! Now I'm at the computer and thinking of scenes for the natural disaster I'm writing. And the little Lord of the Crossroads has his catnip mouse and is playing around my feet. It's been about four years since we had a cat this young around. *giggle* Life is good.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #457 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 12:34am

Sometimes, a gal just NEEDS to have pics of hot guys on her desktop. So I hunted up my favorite pic of Skywise along with some other inspirational choices to keep me company while I work on the Castle this evening.
This is only fair since Skywise has put a number of his favorite female nudes -- including one of me -- in the desktop rotation on three of our five computers. There is nothing quite like looking at a nude of yourself on a regular -- as in every few minutes -- basis. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #458 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 3:39am

As bad as I hate to, I'm heading out. There's yet another little thunderstorm moving in and I'm going to have to shut down soon. The Castle's disaster is going well with three posts to go. I'll get it finished tomorrow and get started on the smaller pieces I need to write. For the rest of tonight, however, I read. Smiley
So everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
See you tomorrow.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2008 at 4:11pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #459 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 4:18pm

Greetings! The internet connection has been awful this morning and Skywise may have found out why. He opened the phone box on the pole and there is a HUGE ants' nest in it! Little tiny black ants, the kind that can and do get into everything. He left the box open so they will take the hint and move out. They likely set up shop there when the weather got so wet. We'll see if our connection problems improve once they move on.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #460 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 6:39pm

We went into town for a bit -- Skywise needed stuff to change the oil in the van -- and I checked the phone box just now. It's mostly empty of ants, there are just a few left wandering around like they are looking for anything that was forgotten! Smiley I was able to connect to the internet with no problems and the dial tone was "cleaner" than it has been in weeks. I'm hoping that our problem with getting and staying connected to the internet is solved. We'll see how things go for the rest of the day.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #461 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 4:13am

Well, the hero has once again pulled off the daring rescue, the logjam in my head has broken and I might actually get the natural disaster off my hands tonight!

There was a new essay up on my favorite ascension site that I have to digest. For once I got there before the crowd -- hehehehehe -- since it's dated the 23rd and I had no trouble getting into the site. So I'm pleased about that too. Part of what she had to say concerned letting people hit "rock bottom" rather than try to help them because "helping" really isn't helping right now. Only by crashing and burning are they going to be able to take the next step up the ascension/evolutionary ladder. That makes sense. Too often people are too proud to admit that they have made a mistake or need help and resent anyone indicating otherwise. I think --I HOPE -- that I've hit my rock bottom and am on the way back up. And I'm going to quit here before this turns into a Journey post. Smiley

Our babycatperson still hasn't heard a name that he really likes. He will respond to a name once or twice and then ignore it when you use it again! *sigh* Good thing that he's cute! I had a flea collar on him for a while tonight but it seemed to be making him excessively sleepy so I've taken it off. We aren't sure how old he is so we have to be careful about flea treatments. I'm going to look for a flea powder that can be used on kittens under 12 weeks.  In the meantime, we'll put the collar on him for short periods.

And ..... it's time to make the pizzas! hehehehe I think I'm getting the giggles again.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #462 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 7:19am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #463 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 4:36pm

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Greetings. It's been a short morning so far -- Skywise let me sleep in -- and I hadn't even had my tea yet when I heard the Hearth Queen make an odd little noise in the living room. I looked and she had brought a small [as in a bit less than a foot long and a quarter inch in diameter] snake in through the kitty door!! Wrangling snakes is NOT anywhere on my list of favorite things to do! Especially without sufficient mental preparation and most especially NOT BEFORE BREAKFAST!!   It was a small one which was good from the capture standpoint but bad in that it could find a lot of places to hide in the living room. I grabbed a capture jar and mobilized the troops. Moonie -- who is the family expert on catching critters -- went in after it and caught the poor thing pretty quickly.  She released it outside and it sensibly slithered under a log. The Hearth Queen is pouting. Babycatperson watched with interest but didn't take part. He's a bit young yet, in my opinion.
Things are settling down. I've had my breakfast and the ants got back into the phone connection box. Skywise has opened it again and chased them out. I think we may have to dose the thing with insect killer....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #464 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 5:50pm

Skywise is on his way to work -- early shift today. Babycatperson is sacked out on the chair next to me, sound asleep and lookin' cute and to the best of my knowledge there are no birds, snakes, ground squirrels or other "cat toys" currently inside the house! Therefore, I'm going to settle myself to get some writing done! Laundry and dishes are also on the schedule for today along with any stray "picking up" I can manage as I buzz from one room to another! Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2008 at 5:55pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #465 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 7:35pm

Smiley The disaster is finished. What is gonna be written right now about Crowhaven's Annual Hunt is written. Busy thinking about the kickoff for the Harvest Festival and setting some half-vampire Forest Rangers on a pack of arrogant poachers! That should be fun! Smiley The Keyholder has no qualms about feeding humans to vampires if necessary. [And here you thought the Keyholder was all sweetness and light. Fooled you!] I've got some introductions to write but I think I'll save them for last. All in all, things are going well. Time for a snackie....
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2008 at 7:40pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #466 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 9:53pm

Muwhahahaha Poachers are now "vamp snackies" and I shall have to write something suitably horrifying for the book when the "actual" snacking is done. Nothing like having several vampires feeding on you all at once. Especially if you know that they plan to keep you alive for as long as possible!  Smiley
Babycatperson has discovered all the interesting wires and stuff behind the computer.  He's currently dozing on top of the external modem.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #467 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 10:19pm

The musical background for the Governor's main re-election ad makes me want to dance suggestively and then get "beyond naughty!" Smiley Smiley
This should not be taken to mean that I intend to vote for him. He's got some very expensive highway building plans that are looking more dubious by the day, given the state of gasoline and diesel prices. So far, he isn't budging so I'll have to see what the opposition has to say on the subject of mass transit.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #468 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 11:49pm

I just made a quick count and it looks like I've cut the last 1,298 Castle posts down to around 300, enough for two comfortably sized threads. So far, I'm on track to have this done by the end of the week, the weekend at the latest so prepare to have the "30 most recent" overwhelmed again. Smiley It should be the last time though. I get these last two threads up, it will all be up. I still need to fill in some posts in what will be Book Two but those are going to wait until I've got a rough draft of Book One ready at the earliest. Maybe a bit longer. We'll see how it goes.
Right now, I need another snackie and to rest my eyes. They hurtie...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #469 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 3:05am

Progress is being made! Smiley I am definitely on track and on a roll!

The girls have their dinners.
I should eat something. My snackies wore off a long time ago. I'm getting lightheaded.
I don't want to stop writing to cook.
I DON'T want another microwave dinner.
*sigh* I'm going to make more tuna salad and red kidney & egg salad tomorrow for more substantial snacks but that doesn't solve my present problem. I'm getting a headache from not having eaten. *more sigh*
I need a cook.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #470 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 3:35am

Okay. I tore myself away from the computer long enough to fix myself something to eat. The last time I was this into a writing project was right after Skywise and I were married and I only cooked dinner when he was home. The rest of the time, I lived on tuna sandwiches and tea. *sigh* Can't do that now.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #471 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 4:42am

Skywise has suggested retiring for the night. Smiley
This sounds like a fine idea. Smiley
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley See ya tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #472 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 4:35pm

Afternoon! I've been here for a while but I've been writing. I had to come up with a reason for why I wrote something the way I did. I wanted to keep it 'cause it has the potential to be cool in the book. hehehehe So I've been sitting here "tweaking" other things until my brain came up with a good reason. Now I'm writing the posts I need for the "set up" and tweaking others so that they all fit.
Everything is going good.
Except the babycatperson STILL hasn't indicated a name preference. We may just hang a name on him and make him live with it if he doesn't get with the program soon! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #473 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 6:48pm

Hot damn! The end is in sight! I could get this done today! Gods and the weather willing, of course. It's thundering again. But STILL! After working on the reposts for about 2 years now, it is almost done!
I may indulge in chocolate cake when the final post goes up and diet be damned! For a day at least! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #474 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 9:57pm

I'm working on the last part and there are enough blank numbers for me to smooth out the transitions from one post to the next when there is a big jump. Yay, me! I should have this mostly done tonight. I'll go over it one more time tomorrow to check for typos, gaffs and glaring inconsistencies. Then, again weather and the Gods permitting, I'll post the last two threads on Friday.
I'm happy about that. Can you tell?
Also, I've gotten my cassette recorder out and tested it. The external microphone is working great so all I have to do is find some quiet time in a quiet place and I'll record my affirmations. Then, while I'm working on the book I can work on my affirmations too. Smiley With my conscious mind working on the book, the affirmations should have a clear shot at my subconscious! Again Smiley!

THE UNIVERSE IS MINE! MINE, DO YOU HEAR?

*fiendish giggle*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40
Send TopicPrint