Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 38906 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #475 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 4:34am

Skywise is home and we have an early and busy morning tomorrow so I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #476 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 5:04pm

Greetings! We're back from a successful expedition!
I've got a few other things to do and then I'll be settled in for serious Castle writing this afternoon!
In other news, we passed a lot of AT&T trucks on the way home. They were working on the lines and I'm hoping that will completely solve our "unexpected hang up" and "scrambled cookie" problems. Getting rid of the ants has helped a lot but the dial tone still isn't as clear as it should be. *fingers crossed!*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #477 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 7:26pm

*sigh* I had forgotten how monofocused one of the Castle "writers" was.
Skywise has left so I no longer have a distraction from dealing with the abovementioned "writing". Thanks be to the Immortal Gods that this is the very, very LAST of it I will have to face.
That calls for chocolate......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #478 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 9:07pm

Progress is being made despite another downpour! I may weld the ULTIMATE CHAINSAW OF DELETE Smiley one more time to eliminate some inane conversation and generally tidy things up. Gods and "He Who Walks on the Keyboard!" willing, I'll have the writing done tonight.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #479 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 9:50pm

Smiley When one isn't given to pulling stupid stunts, thinking like someone who is and designing a stupid stunt for her is difficult. All I know is that it involves the Castle's lake and falling therein...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #480 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 11:44pm

IT

IS

DONE!!!!

Smiley

I'll take a bit of a break -- dishwasher needs to be loaded -- and then start going over it. I'm on track to start posting the last two threads tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #481 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 1:38am

The dishwasher is loaded and running. The little Sunlord -- the official username for the babycatperson -- is on the chair next to me and I've started going through these last posts one final time before tomorrow's "post-a-thon". I've already done a quick comparison with the last thread I put up to catch any glitches -- and I found a couple -- and I've been looking at what I have written for the first chapter. It needs a lot of work, of course, but with the posts finished I have an idea how things are going to go. Unfortunately, post #1 on the Castle threads comes very near the end of the first chapter so I'm gonna have to wing it! I also snuck off and looked for listings of SF/F conventions. I'm thinking that given the specialized nature of the novel, they might be a better use of my promotional energies than book tours. 'Sides, I LIKE cons. [That's short for conventions, for you non-con folk.] DragonCon will have to be on my list, of course! And InConJunction, Indianapolis' main summer con, but the con circuit is in the future. First things first! Write the dratted book, girl! *sigh* I'm remembering the first time making a book out of the Castle was suggested. It will be 3 years in November....

« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2008 at 1:40am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #482 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 6:03am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. It's payday so we will be busy in the morning. I've got everything ready so the last two Castle repost threads will start going up tomorrow afternoon. I'm hoping that I will be able to get both of them up. If not, the last one will go up on Saturday afternoon. Smiley
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #483 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 12:51pm

Morning! *Yawn!* Just popping in for a bit before we head into town. I didn't sleep too well last night. Little Sunlord decided to spend the night on our bed. Our bed is the War Queen's territory which she grudgingly shares with his Little Lordship. At one point, I had the War Queen asleep on my chest while this tiny kitten [Sunlord] was asleep on my knees. [Fortunately, the Lord of Samhain took one look at the situation and opted for other sleeping arrangements!] Since I didn't know exactly how the Queen would take the interloper and being fond of my body parts, I was somewhat less than relaxed!  I did get some sleep but a nap may be in my future today. I also took a picture of the Sunlord curled up on Skywise's pillow looking cute as a button. I'll post it later. Right now, I gotta go roust the family out of bed. Time to get ready to head into town! Later! Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2008 at 4:39am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #484 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 1:16pm

Morning!
Well, the weather didn't cooperate last night and then my internet connection went down so I still have about 90 posts  to make. I'll get that done, Gods willing, later this afternoon. Right now, I've got to get dressed so we can get out of here!
Later! Be safe! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #485 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 6:21pm

IT
IS
DONE!!!

Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]
Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]

Sorry the last Castle thread has taken so long to get up. Around 10 on Friday evening another thunderstorm moved through and it was strong enough to trigger a Tornado Warning. When I tried to reconnect to the internet after the storm had passed, all I could get was a busy signal.  [Dial up, remember?] This unsatisfactory situation lasted into Saturday. When we finally were able to get connected, we could only stay on for a few minutes at a time before we’d be disconnected.  By Sunday, we could stay connected longer but it was taking 30 minutes to an hour to make a post. Smiley This did not make for a happy Site Goddess. The problems continued into Monday when, at one point, it took two hours to make one post. Finally, yesterday afternoon we saw a considerable improvement. Enough of one that I was able to get most of the thread posted. Things slowed down last night once everyone got home and realized that they actually had useful internet access. It isn’t completely fixed yet. Data transfer is still problematic and of my last check, I still can’t access the chatroom via IRCLE but there are AT&T trucks all over the county so I know that they are working on it. Skywise has said that if I still can’t use IRCLE by tomorrow, he will put on his “supervisor voice” and call the repair line and let them know about our problem.
     So now, I’m going to be working on the book full time, or as “full time” as a full time Mom can. How soon I’m gonna have a first draft, I don’t know but have one I will.  We are “officially” in Phase Two of Penthesilea’s Castle. First items on my 'To Do' list: a calendar so I can keep the story straight, a glossary for the "world specific" terms I'll be creating and a Bestiary for the unique critters that inhabit this world.
And here you thought all you had to do was write a story... Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2008 at 7:53pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #486 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 12:41am

The writing is going well. Smiley Chapter One needs a LOT of work but Chapter Two is almost up to my 'minimum character count' for a chapter.  Once I fill in the gaps I have (I've got a major bar fight in there) I'll make the word count with no problem. Once I have Two roughed in, I'll work on Three and One. When I have those three ready, Black Rose will be getting a package or a PDF file. Which one will depend on the state of my internet connection by then! The Gods know that sending a PDF file back and forth would be faster, easier and cheaper but we will have to see. The plan calls for 13 chapters at the moment but I might end up with more than that. I'll just have to see how much story is there.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #487 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 4:32am

*Yawn* I'm heading out. I've made good progress on Chapter 2 and it looks likely that some of it will end up in Chapter 3 which is okay since the chapter breaks are pretty arbitrary at this point. I'm working on the big bar fight and before I can pronounce it "done" I've got to get the latest issue of "TapOut" and hunt up my back issues. Being a "fight coordinator" when your fight training is, by grim necessity, purely academic is a Smiley pain in the butt! I NEED photo reference! Live bodies doing demos in the living room would be nice too but that is too much to hope for! Fortunately, TapOut has photo reference in abundance. Haven't decided if the fight is going to be one [very large] on one or three on one. I KNOW that it is going to end with corpses in in multiple large pieces [We watched a Nova program a couple of nights ago about making katanas and the 'testing' thereof. Gave me all sorts of gruesome, bloody ideas!]
The internet is running reasonably well tonight. And BR. I was able to connect to IRCLE so, barring more nonsense, I'm good to go!
Everyone sleep well and be safe. I'm going to go dream of fight scenes. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #488 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 4:18pm

Greetings! Things are working reasonably well this morning. I had an inspiration for a scene in the novel so I'm happy about that. My intention of last night to dream of fight scenes got derailed by Skywise who had other plans. *giggle* My dreams were NOT about fighting. [more giggles] I will likely be introspective today since I have a 'backlog.' Smiley Interesting stuff has been coming up in the cards and on the ascension sites. Thoughts have been processing and are beginning to bubble to the surface. When they make reasonable sense, I'll post them. Meanwhile, I'll make some tea and do a couple of other things before I settle down to the day's writing.   

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #489 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 6:09pm

[Happy dance with many hip drops, throws and shoulder shimmies!]
I just finished transferring all the Castle reposts that belong in the first chapter to the Chap. 1 word doc and I've nearly reached the minimum character count for the chapter without even adding the stuff I need to write! A lot of what I wrote for reposting can go into the book with little or no editing. So I could have a "really rough" first draft by the end of the day and a somewhat more civilized first draft by next week. [Skeywise, at the moment, has Friday, Saturday and Sunday off and I KNOW I won't get anything substantial done while he's home. THE MAN IS TOO DAMNED DISTRACTING!!! Smiley Of course, to be entirely fair, he doesn't get anything substantial done when I'm around either. THAT'S why he has his hobby stuff up at the Guest House. hehehehe] If this keeps up, I could have the first three chapters ready for BR by the middle of the month. I'm counting on her to find those pesky "usage" errors that spellcheck doesn't catch AND those places where I change verb tense in the middle of a paragraph, sometimes in the middle of a sentence. *sigh* I just wanna get it "on paper" and my brain doesn't usually engage its 'edit and grammar' function when I'm on a writing roll.
So! I will fetch tea and snackie and see what I have here. And at some point I need to run the dishwasher so we can have clean plates to eat dinner off of tonight! Don't care. FEEL GOOD!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #490 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 12:52am

Things are going well Smiley except for the fact that a certain small, adorable, purring furperson insists on getting behind the computer and playing with the wires as well as poking his head out from underneath it looking too adorable for words. This is the same little furry lad who has already chewed up Moonie's portable headphones. *sigh* I HAVE to teach him not to chew cords but he looks so hurt when I do. Little scamp! I'll do it anyway 'cause it is for his own safety.
I've transferred the relevant content from the reposts over to Chapters 1, 2, and 3 and they are all now within a few thousand characters of the minimum. I'm a happy little writer person! Getting these three out of the way quickly will be a good thing since the later chapters aren't so well served with repost material. That whole "bandit invasion" thing will need a LOT of new material.
The dishes are washed, by the way, and I'll be starting dinner soon. I'll probably get a great idea while I'm wrist deep in pizza dough..... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #491 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 5:11am

Skywise is home and I'm heading off for a brisk round of naughty activity! hehehehe Smiley
I'm a happy little writer person. Chapter One is almost finished -- I made the character count and then some -- and it won't need a lot of polishing to be ready for Black Rose to read. Another day's work at most and it should be pretty much done. [I always go back and look at my stuff a few days or a week after I've finished it. I almost always find something I can tweak that improves it.] Then I'll tackle Chapter 2 and that bar fight that has to be 'just right'. There are a few other key scenes that will need special attention but Gods willing, I should have the first three chapters done in a couple of weeks. YAY ME!
I didn't get a chance to be introspective today. Whe I finally get around to it, I suspect that Journey post is gonna be a long one! Smiley
Anyway, I'm gonna go be extra naughty! Smiley

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

And have a safe and happy Fourth of July!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #492 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 4:22pm

Greetings. It's been chilly and rainy so far this morning but the rain is moving out and it should be nice and dry for the fireworks this evening. I woke up thinking about the book this morning and realized that I had been dreaming about it too. I take that as a good sign! It's beginning to look like that by the time I've put everything in chapter one that needs to be in there, it will be twice the size that I want it to be. [About 25 pages] So Chapter 1 may end up being split in two, making Chapter 2 Chapter 3 and 3 will become 4! And Chapter 2 has the potential to expand into two chapters as well so I could end up with 6 chapters where I had expected to have 3. Smiley On the whole, this is not a bad thing. I'll get done faster! Smiley Ah well, time for me to go to work and figure out how to hijack some transports. Smiley Catch ya later!
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2008 at 8:15pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #493 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 4:42pm

Spirit just wandered by and wished me and the Sunlord a "Happy Founders' Day!"

I don't know where she got that name for the 4th of July but it is the term she uses. And the little Sunlord is quite frisky this morning. He got his first dose of Advantage before bed last night so he has NO itchies this morning.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #494 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 7:44pm

The writing is going well. The supply depot raid is about to commence with the required amount of throat slitting. Right now, I'm thinking that it will go off without a hitch because the fertilizer is due to hit the fan after the raid is over with. Too much fertilizer will burn the plants...
I also need to come up with a rude gremlinese word for "fertilizer." Smiley Oh well, I've got time to work on it.

My brain keeps drifting to thoughts of 2 on 1 naughtiness which I think is a perfectly splendid idea!  I'm waiting with as much patience as I can muster for the stars to align, the pieces fall into place and/or whatever else needs to happen for that situation to come about. And no, I'm not the least ashamed about it. Anyone who thinks that I should be is just gonna have to get over it.
*sigh* This is gonna turn into a Journey post if I don't quit right now, so I will and do it right later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #495 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 9:00pm

I'm gonna head out for a while. We've gotta get ready to head out for the fireworks. We're going to eat in town -- YAY no cooking tonight! -- and then head for the Park. I just hope the humidity hasn't gotten to the fireworks. That happened one year and the display was less than thrilling.  The area really NEEDS a good display this year.
Catch ya later. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #496 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 3:47am

We're back! Thanks to Daylight Savings Time, the fireworks didn't start until ten and were over about 45 minutes ago. Smiley

I've been reading a book on receiving "signs" as in messages from the Universe. I've been asking for one.
Tonight, as we were leaving the fireworks, I got it.
I'm a very happy and contented woman tonight.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #497 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 5:31am

*giggle* Right after I made the above post, I got another sign confirming and elaborating on the first one, so yeah, I'm an extremely happy -- abet tired -- little lady tonight. The writing went extremely well today and I anticipate having no trouble expanding Chapter one into two chapters. All I need to do is go into a bit more detail instead of skimming over things, something I got in the habit of doing for the reposts. I don't have to do that now and I need to keep reminding myself of that! But now I'm gonna head off for bed and see if I can lure Skywise into a bit of naughtiness. Smiley That shouldn't take much 'luring'. hehehehe
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Hope your 4th was happy! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #498 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 6:31pm

We've been home for a while but the net is slooowwww today.  I'm trying out my new Koss headphones, which I got at Borders today, so I’m not completely losing my mind.  Sunlord, in his babycat enthusiasm, chewed up Moonie's headphones. This was catastrophic since Moonie LIVES with headphones attached to her head.  So I gave her my portable ones which left me with only my full sized phones with the eight foot cord, kinda unhandy for use when your audio device is on your hip. Hence, my shopping for new phones.  So I’m sitting here listening to my personal mix of “high energy” music, dancing in my chair and doing some seriously “butt kicking” writing if I do say so myself. My “introspection” is bubbling away and I may start putting my thoughts down. Whether or not I manage to get them posted today is a whole nother story! Smiley
And did I mention? So far, I’m kicking butt on this writing thing. I’m not expecting that situation to last so I’m gonna enjoy it while it does! Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #499 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 12:52am

I've spent the day writing and trying to fix posted typos. The typo fixing has been slow going but things have finally started to speed up, posting wise. I guess everyone else has gotten offline and have headed off for the second night of cookouts, beer and more or less legal fireworks. It isn't dark yet so I don't know how noisy it is going to get out here tonight. At least Skywise is home, that always makes it better. *smile* I've also been working on the calendar for the Castle world. A boring job that has to be done. So far, I'm calling the months "First" through "Tenth", I'll come up with names for them as I get inspired. Renaming the major holidays is bad enough!! The solstices are fairly straightforward, at least. The "world year" is 400 days long with five 8 day weeks in each month [Need to name the days too...Smiley ] The monetary system is worked out and I gotta find those notes 'cause I ain't gonna do THAT again! [YOU try to work up a reasonably logical and original monetary system that can be easily converted to U.S. dollars. That's necessary for the gaming rules and I figured that I might as well do it all at once.]
I also did three loads of laundry and, ahem... other things. Smiley So while it doesn't seem to me like I've accomplished a lot today, I guess I have.
And I want a hot fudge sundae.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40
Send TopicPrint