Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 38982 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #500 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 5:03am

"Combat Kitties On the Rampage!"

This is gonna be interesting to write. hehehehe More Chapter One combat action. I haven't gotten back to that bar fight yet but I got the new issue of TapOut today and I'm hoping for inspiration. The MMA fights I have on DVD aren't much help with the bar brawl because of the absence of neat things like beer bottles, breakable furniture and things to jump over, duck under or beat your opponent senseless with. They might help with the "cage match" at the beginning of Chapter 2 though. I'm thinking of "ramping it up" a few notches with more descriptive detail. Right now, it seems too short for such an important scene. Smiley Things are going well so I can probably take the time to tinker with it. Smiley The bad guy probably should get slapped around a bit more before he thinks he has the upper hand. *more Smiley*
Anyway, I think I'm going to call it a night. I need to figure out a couple of things and get the wording just right and cognitive function is beginning to lag.
So, everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley See ya tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #501 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 2:35pm

Morning! Skywise just got back from a walk in the woods. The little Sunlord went along, his first expedition into the woods! The War Queen and The Lord of Samhain went along. We have a couple of new, tiny streams that have been opened up by the rains. Other places have been scoured down to bedrock by the downpours. I’m going to have him show them to me later. I’ll take the camera and get some pictures.
Tea is made but I need some “FirstMeal” so I’m going to go take care of that. Later!
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2008 at 5:48am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #502 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 6:37pm

Well, the internet connection decided to sit down and pout so we decided to let it sit in the corner while we headed into town for some supplies and lunch. *giggle* Spirit has been insisting that we get some fireworks so today we did. Tonight WE will be making the noise! hehehehe I also picked up some patterns: one for table settings -- place mats, table runners and such, one for handbags -- I may have found the perfect handbag pattern for my needs. We'll see! -- and patterns for laptop cases. I don't have a laptop but a little thing like that has never stopped me! Smiley Skywise knows that I want one, what kind I want and under what conditions I will need one [he's even made a joke about it!] so who knows what might be under the tree come Yule or in a festive gift box come my birthday or Mother's Day?
I also got inspired on the way home and I know what the Keyholder's personal device looks like. Not the one for her office -- I still haven't gotten that one figured out yet -- her own personal device. Once I know what the device for the office of Keyholder looks like, I'll be able to design a complete heraldic banner for her using her device, the one for the job and the one that identifies her as her father's child. Yeah, heraldry is complicated. And no, I'm not going to add a symbol that identifies her as an Amazon. That is just gonna have to be a given! Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2008 at 6:38pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #503 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 11:45pm

There was more misbehavior from the internet connection so we decided to go into town and have dinner. I picked up some audio tape for one of my nefarious schemes and Moonie found a game she's been wanting. All in all, a successful trip.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #504 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 2:05am

The neighbors are setting off the last of their fireworks. Skywise hasn't headed out yet with ours. hehehe He might wait until next weekend to set them off.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #505 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 4:57am

Nite all, I'm heading out. Sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2008 at 4:58am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #506 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 3:45pm

Morning all! It's cloudy and it has been raining but no storms, thank the Gods. I'll be heading out to work on the novel while also handling laundry, dishes and whatever else comes up. A Mom's work is never done! Smiley I'll be checking in as "combat" permits. Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2008 at 5:53am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #507 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 6:26pm

Checking in! I'm getting a lot done both in terms of dishes and writing. I DO have to keep reminding myself that the novel has no content restrictions so I don't have to worry about sex, violence, nudity and language although in the latter case, I'm creating new swear words. I've always thought it odd that Anglo-Saxon vulgarities would be used on worlds that had never heard of the Anglo-Saxons...Smiley Back to work!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #508 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 9:09pm

Chapter One isn't finished yet but it's official. I'll be splitting it in two when it's done. Right now, I'm working on the "Combat Kitties on the Rampage" sequence. I've having to stop periodically to check the body count. Smiley And if you are wondering how four house cats could cause any noticeable carnage... well, you'll have to read the book! From there, I'll swing into the last combat as everyone is escaping. And after that, some character development and that should do it for what will become Chapter One.
Time for a snackie and then back to work. Skywise has the late shift so ThirdMeal will be after midnight tonight.... 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #509 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 3:07am

*sigh* Note to self, cc to everyone else: Do NOT leave a box of tissues where the Sunlord can reach it. Tissues that have been shredded, punctured and soaked in kitty drool are rendered useless for their intended purpose.

Note to self: Put tissues on the shopping list....

The writing is going well. I'm working on the last battle scene in Chapter 1. Once that is done, I'll see where I can expand the second half -- the part that will be Chapter 2 -- and then decide what and how much in the way of character development I want to get out of the way in the first chapter. Gods and weather willing -- more storms coming in tomorrow night -- I'll have this section wrapped up by week's end.

I also need to do a card draw. The deck is sitting here next to the keyboard and I swear that it is nagging me. Guess I'll do that next. Maybe this combat I'm trying to write will come easier once the cards are out of the way.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #510 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 3:25am

Interesting.... Maat came up again. I've been seeing a lot of Her over the last few weeks. Signs I've seen, things I've been told, things I've read, something's in the wind, I think. What, I can't tell. I'd do a tarot draw but there's no point. The last one couldn't have been more definite.
Guess I'll write while waiting to see what the wind blows in.  I don't think that it will be long...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #511 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 7:15am

I'm a very sleepy little writer person and I'm heading out. I'm working on one last combat and it needs to be more than "He took his head with the dispatch of a farmer harvesting a head of cabbage," although that line is a good one. So everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2008 at 5:45am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #512 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 3:55pm

Greetings! I haven't gotten much writing done this morning. The Sunlord has been having adventures and that has kept me busy. As a matter of fact, he's sitting on me purring in gratitude for his latest rescue. This darling little hairball is gonna make me white haired before my time! FirstMeal is out of the way, though, and I have tea so it's good so far. Gotta get offline in a while and make vet appointments for the furclan. They all need shots and the Sunlord needs his first babycat appointment.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #513 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 4:30pm

I've been transferring material from the reposts to Chapter 8. It looks like there is enough there for 3 chapters and that is before "reprocessing!" I know where I want to end Book One and it is beginning to look like it's gonna be longer than I'd originally planned. How much longer I can't say at this point. Fortunately, my fingers are used to spending long hours typing again!
Well, the Sunlord is asleep on the chair and the Lord of Samhain has come in for a nap so I should be able to get something done!
Back to action!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #514 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 8:32pm

Skywise has finished cutting the grass and there's loose talk about heading into town for a late SecondMeal. Sounds good to me, it's another 'late shift night' tonight and a double cheeseburger sounds like a good idea! The writing is going good as is the laundry so I think a break for sustenance is in order! Smiley
Catch ya later!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The above post was made at a little after 2 p.m. As of this posting, it hasn't gone through. We're still having trouble with the phone line, especially with data transmission and the line is noisy as hell. The phone at the Guest House is working perfectly and the line is clear. Which means the problem is somewhere in the Hall's phone system. Much joy! We're currently trying to find out if the problem is a bad phone or wire as we have a lot of phone wires running around. So we've been disconnecting phones and seeing if things improve. So far, no luck. *sigh*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #515 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 2:16am

This. IS. Getting. So. OLD!!

About an hour and 20 minutes ago, I was heading into the kitchen to start dinner when the tornado warning sirens went off. *sigh* We're okay. The storm went north of us but it is getting nerve wracking. We got about an inch of rain out of the storm and now there's a flood watch until midnight. *more sigh* Now that the storm's over, the lights have stopped flickering and the announcers have stopped yelling [basically] "DUCK AND COVER!!" I will make another stab at getting dinner...
I want my underground house.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #516 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 5:40am

*YAWN!* Tired and sleepy writer person here. The creative part of my brain is shutting down so I'm going to head out. Besides, there are about four loads of laundry on the bed that have to be put away before I can fall into it. I should get that done before Skywise gets home since he's likely going to want to fall into it too! He cut our "not inconsiderably sized" lawn today and didn't get a pre-work nap.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #517 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 4:14pm

Greetings! I'm yawning but I'm here and I might even be human after I get some tea made. I found myself being kitty furniture at various time in the night. I went to sleep with the War Queen lying on me, woke up with the Hearth Queen lying in her place and then woke up again with the Sunlord snugged up under my chin. The Lord of Samhain was probably in there too at some point and I just didn't wake up!
I have one small crucial scene to write and I think that what is now Chapter One will be done. Then I'll split Chapter 2 off of it and get it beat into shape -- rather like how a Japanese Master Swordsmith beats a piece of steel into a katana blade.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #518 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 7:07pm

Smiley I'm making some headway on this last stubborn bit of writing. I've been a bit distracted by the Sunlord wanting to eat my fingers. I think that he's entertaining himself with Moonie at the moment so maybe I can get this last bit "roughed in" before he attacks me again! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #519 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 7:45pm

Smiley Chapter One, First Draft IS DONE! Smiley

Now I'll transfer the part that will be Chapter Two to another word doc and work on it -- and I've thought of a lot of things that need to go in there -- while I let Chapter One set for a day or two. Then I'll go over it to see if I've missed anything glaring. Yeah. I'm happy that things are going well. I'm sure to hit a block at some point but so far, so good! *happy dance with multiple hip throws....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #520 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 1:14am

One of our neighbors is either a.) using a chainsaw or b.) working on a motorcycle. The sound isn't distinct enough for me to be sure. It's nearly dark -- sunset in about 5 minutes -- so if it IS a chainsaw, 'whoever' will be shutting down soon 'cause working with a chainsaw is NOT something that you want to do by shoplight.

I am happily typing away on Chapter 2. I have three places/situations that I need to expand that should get me to my minimum page goal for the chapter. Since one situation is going through the Castle cleaning out dangerous 'vermin' I can make it as long and involved as I need too. Realistically, the first pack that was cleaned at the beginning of the chapter would have scared off most other nasties but I think I can come up with a something or three that they wouldn't have gotten around to. I'm thinking that Chapter 2 should be in good shape by Monday. Then I'll head into Chapter 3 and that bar fight.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2008 at 4:54am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #521 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 6:03am

I guess it was a chainsaw, the noise stopped as soon as it got good and dark. *giggle*

I'm going to head out for the night. I'm working on some high tech weirdness for the Castle and I'm needing to write some logically sounding jargon. The brain is saying "are you out of your mind?" so I'm taking that to mean that I'll have better luck with it tomorrow! Smiley I've made good progress today so I can't complain. I'll go get ready for bed and curl up with a book and probably a kitty until Skywise gets home.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
See ya tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #522 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 4:59pm

Smiley Greetings! We're back from Floral Gulch. Spirit wanted to eat at her favorite chicken place but it was closed 'cause it's moving. Fortunately, pizza was available at another spot in the food court so...the day was saved....
I finally broke down and bought an IPod Shuffle. It's the 1G one, silver and it was on sale. I figured -- and Skywise concurred -- that I wouldn't find a better price and for the moment, 1 gig is enough. [Now if it was Moonie, 20 gigs wouldn't be enough! The girl does love music!] Since I have concerns about the quality of an audio download with our phone line the way it is, I'll be loading my iPod from our CD collection which is vast. The only problem is that some of my most favorite songs have never been released on CD, only on tape, although I have hopes that I might be able to track some of them down on Amazon. I just hope that they don't want an arm, a leg and the fillings in my teeth for said CDs, provided that I find them. If I can't find them on CD, I might have to get "creative" in order to get them on the iPod. I'll need to see what kind of equipment is available. Smiley Meanwhile, I'll be back working on the novel this afternoon. Skywise is leaving in half an hour -- early shift -- so I'll be starting soon.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #523 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 6:39pm

I am a happy little lady. I managed to find the CD I most need on Amazon for about $5.00 and it's ordered, you betcha! And I ordered another one just so the "set" would be complete. I'm still trying to track down a song I really like and would like to have. I'm going to pull out the movie that I heard it on and see who the artist is. If the Music Gods smile on me, the song was recorded on another, non soundtrack, album with a more reasonable price. Here's hoping!
And yeah, I'm writing while I'm buying! hehehehehe

Post # 11,200!
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2008 at 6:42pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #524 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 8:48pm

Smiley Guess that I'm not the only one who has been 'buying'! Smiley UPS just delivered a package from The House of Staunton for my chess lovin' lifemate. He's been talking about making a new chessboard.  With these new chess sets he's been getting -- this is the second box from House of S in a month -- I think that he'll be doing more than talking about it! hehehehehe!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40
Send TopicPrint