Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 38961 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #525 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 10:58pm

Well, I haven't had any luck finding that song on a CD. It is out on a CD, it's just that Amazon doesn't have it. Poo! I'll keep looking. On the plus side, if I can come up with a nice monster or two and get the combat written tonight, Chapter 2 will be done tonight. Otherwise, it will be done by tomorrow. Then it will be on to Chapter 3. Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2008 at 12:24am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #526 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 12:32am

I've been turning various possibilities over in my mind, haven't decided on a monster yet. If I haven't come up with something good by bedtime, I might just scrap the "big monster" thing altogether. The Gods know I already have some serious combat written.
And I think I'd better pick up a current copy of The Writer's Market and find out what the submission guidelines look like these days. I'm NOT going to start shopping the novel around until it's done but it can't hurt to start thinking about what the submission should look like.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #527 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 3:27am

I've got some of the particulars decided and the scene is set but I still haven't decided what the monster should be. I have several choices under consideration and they each have their pros and cons. Smiley I'm going to have to quit pretty soon. Tomorrow is payday and I need to get my shopping lists together and make out the bank deposit slips. I can have them search the tower for a bit before they find what they are looking for. *more Smiley *

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #528 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 5:08am

*Yawn!* Heading out now. Skywise is home and we're going to hit the sheets. Smiley *giggle*
I still haven't picked a critter for that mini-monster hunt although I'm leaning towards something of the reptilian persuasion. So many creepy things you can do with reptiles and they come in such variety! I'll see how it goes tomorrow.
Anyway, everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #529 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 5:39pm

Greetings! We're back from shopping and Skywise has headed out. I solved my "which monster to use" problem in the grocery store parking lot so I'M ready to rock! I also thought of a neat stunt for that bar fight. It will involve putting a minor enchantment on the hero's swords but that's a simple matter for the RPG write up. Smiley The look on the bad guy's face is gonna be priceless.
So, I'm gonna get some tea made, settle in with my mug and get this [writing] party started!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #530 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 7:48pm

Smiley YIKES!!
I let my fingers 'take off' and take the story where they would and the 'mini-monster' hunt has turned into a MAJOR deal with apocalyptic consequences should our heroines fail! Smiley And it's only CHAPTER TWO, fer crying out loud! *wails* I guess the readers will find out just how high the stakes are early on....
I'm going to take a teeny break before I get into the action 'cause once I start, I'm not likely to stop until I get to the end of it. Smiley again.....
See ya later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #531 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 10:15pm

wowSmiley

I might need to add a bit more in the way of explanation and I'll need to do a quick read through to be sure that there are no jarring gaps in the narrative but I think that Chapter Two is done. Smiley
And I'm pretty sure that the first two chapters will establish the Keyholder as the major player on the world stage which, since she IS the Keyholder, is as it should be.

And as a side note: I've run across an actor to serve as the visualization aid for Sir Michael Kahane. hehehe I'll get the pic ready, track down his intro post and post the picture. First though, I have a few chores to do or I will be in the doghouse tomorrow. The furclan is heading in mass to the vet in the morning and three of the kitty carriers need to be dusted and the blankets washed out. The Sunlord's carrier is new and he and the Hearth Queen have been using it for a bed for the last week and a half. hehehe That blanket doesn't need washing. I've got to put his name on his carrier too. I'll be back later when those jobs are done or "in the process."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #532 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 1:12am

Well the chores are mostly done so I'm back. hehehe I'm just sitting here catching up on my reading and relaxing. Time enough tomorrow to go over Chapters One and Two and get them ready to send to Black Rose.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #533 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 4:01am

I've got a bunch of pictures of that above mentioned actor, including a nude, and I just have to decide which ones to use. Decisions, decisions! He sure is a hottie!
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2008 at 4:04am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #534 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 4:43am

*Yawn!* I got a good day's writing done today and I'm heading out to reap my well earned reward. Bet you can guess what it is! Smiley
You guessed it! *giggle!*
The furkids go to the vet in the morning so I won't be back until afternoon. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #535 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 5:41pm

We're back finally! Smiley We took all four cats to the vet this morning. So naturally, we had another Celestial Fire Hose thunderstorm. One after another although fortunately not as many as on June 7th. Getting the cats rounded up was interesting since the Hearth Queen is afraid of thunder and the Lord of Samhain seems to agree with her. The War Queen flatly did NOT want to go and the little SunLord was a bit alarmed when he went into his carrier and I closed the door on him. There was water standing in the road in places and it absolutely POURED on the way over. The street in front of the vet's office was flooded. *sigh* So we got everyone in the office, got them weighed and in a treatment room. Everyone got their shots and we made the appointment to bring the SunLord in for his boosters and his "snipsnip" in three weeks. Then we loaded everyone back into the van, got them home and THEN took off for our other errands. The cats are quite subdued right now. The SunLord is sacked out on the chair next to me, sleeping it off. hehehe
I'm going to be proofing and tweaking Chapters One and Two today. If there's time, I'll start working on Three. Lots of "action" in that one! Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2008 at 5:53pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #536 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 10:14pm

We're heading out to eat. Spirit doesn't want me to cook tonight. And both chapters are tweaked and proofed. I DESERVE A BREAK TODAY!!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #537 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 3:29am

We got home around 8 just ahead of the day's second round of thunderstorms. My "hi/bye!" post was in the process of crawling through the phone lines when the lights went out. *sigh* The lights came back on immediately but the post was gone and I wasn't going to try again!  The storm was noisy and produced a lot of rain and is now finally over and out of here.
As an interesting side note, Skywise happened to be looking at the back door [which is a sliding glass patio door] when a particularly loud clap of thunder hit. Because of where he was standing, he could see the door glass bow inward when the shockwave from the thunderclap hit it. This explains why a particularly loud thunder clap caused this computer to come on this morning, as the computer was "asleep" rather than "shut down". The shockwave was enough to jar it "awake."
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2008 at 3:33am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #538 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 5:29am

*Yawn!* Chapters One and Two are ready to be read by someone other than me. I'm going to have to transfer them from the word processing program I'm using to another in order to easily make them into PDF files. Since both programs are Apple software, I'm not anticipating any problems but I'm not going to tackle it tonight. *more yawning!* There will be time tomorrow after we get back from the movie. Current plans call for seeing Hellboy II and unless something comes up that's where we'll be at about 10 in the a.m. tomorrow.
I haven't been working on Three tonight. I decided to give my brain a rest. The chapter is nicely roughed in so it isn't like I'm goofing off that much! Smiley Anyway, I'm going to call it a night. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #539 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 12:52pm

Morning! The Lord of Samhain is mad at us. He sulked all last night and is all growly this morning. HOW DARE WE TAKE HIM TO THE VET! HOW DARE WE LET THE VET GIVE HIM A SHOT!!
He's outside with Skywise, the SunLord and the War Queen right now. He hasn't immediately run off into the woods, so I'm hopeful that he'll be over his pout soon. Heading out. See ya later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #540 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 6:44pm

We're back from the movie. It was good -- funny, scary and sad by turns. Spirit has already decided what we're going to see next -- The Mummy III Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. I can't complain. Jet Li will ensure incredible martial arts action and Brendan Fraiser is so hot it ain't funny!! [Yes, I loved "George of the Jungle" with him running around 95% naked for most of the movie!] I anticipate a heavenly two hours come August!!
I also picked up the 2009 edition of The Writer's Market today [due to the vet appointment, we skipped Border's yesterday.] so I can start researching possible publishers. I need to make a list of publishers who handle this type of book and, from that, make the decision about whether or not I need an agent at this point. If I decide that I do, then I'll get going through the agents' list to cull out agents that handle this sort of book and who sound like they might be a good fit.
But first: Write the book.
Clean the kitchen.
Do laundry.
Not necessarily in that order but pretty close! Smiley
Later!
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2008 at 10:32pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #541 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 11:07pm

Hmm.... I'm attempting to puzzle out... how shall I put this?
The logistical details of an exceptionally naughty encounter between one man and three women....
This is gonna take a LOT of thought...
Good thing that Skywise is home tonight. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #542 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 2:41am

Dinner is finished although I still have to put the leftovers away. I'm working on three different scenes at once right now. A formal death match, a bar room brawl and the abovementioned rampant naughtiness. Smiley Right now, I'm thinking of cutting back a bit on this particular instance of naughty behavior since I plan to really pull the stops out in a later chapter. The problems one encounters when your leading man can't get enough....Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #543 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 4:45am

*Yawn!* Sleepy writer girl person is headed for bed. I didn't write much today but I'm pleased with what I did write. I'll get an early -- for me anyway! -- start tomorrow and see how it goes. There aren't any appointments of any sort this week -- Thank the Gods! -- so I won't have that on my mind. Just laundry which seems to be breeding. Smiley  Well, with the monsoons over for the next few days, I should be able to make a sizable dent in it!
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #544 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 2:54pm

Morning! It's a beautiful day. It's cool and dry -- as in no rain and lower humidity -- enough to open the house up and air things out. I made chili for dinner last night and the smell of chili powder was noticeable when you came into the house after being outside for a while. So, the house now smells like the great outdoors. We'll close things up if the humidity goes up but in the meantime -- fresh air!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #545 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 5:30pm

As you can probably tell, I've been doing "admin" stuff this morning. Specifically, I've finally gotten around to fixing the things on the index page that have been bugging me but that neither D or BR have had time to fix. Skywise is just about ready to leave and once he's on his way, I'm gonna throw a load of clothes in the washer and get to work on the novel. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #546 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 6:35pm

I'm making progress on the bar fight. I'm writing in that neat "bit" I thought of before and I'll write the middle as I get it worked out. Yeah, things are about to get messy-- literally.
But first, I need a sandwich....
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2008 at 7:03pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #547 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 8:07pm

Well, the death duel is done unless I come up with another "bit" to add. I'll read it over tomorrow and see how it scans.
The bar fight is going well but I still need to add some "business" to it but the end is very satisfying.
I've about decided how I'm going to handle the previously mentioned naughty stuff.
And there is a load in the washer which is chugging away as I type. All in all, things are going pretty well.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #548 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 9:32pm

It looks like the first instance of "naughtiness" is wrapped up. There is nothing I can add to it that will move the story forward or provide more insight into the character. Besides there is plenty of naughtiness to come!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #549 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 1:25am

One naughty tryst out of the way and another one in the works. Yeah, I'm skipping around a lot in the chapter tonight. When the words run dry in one situation, I move on to another section and a different situation.  I can usually find something that inspires "words." I've "run dry" on combat so I've moved on to "naughty stuff".  I've got some "bits" for the bar fight -- the only combat remaining in this chapter -- but I haven't figured out yet how to string them together and in what order. All I know for sure is that the violence needs to escalate from the beginning of the fight to the end. The trials of a fight coordinator.... Smiley

I'm going to have to start dinner soon though. Homemade pizza with dough from scratch takes a while, rising and all that, and I want it done before Skywise walks in the door. I'll keep thinking while I'm working. I'll probably get a brainstorm when I'm wrist deep in dough! Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40
Send TopicPrint